Old 07-29-2006, 08:14 AM   #226  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

wsw for the released to the stratosphere, where all released live a life of luxury far from our bod! WTG!

I too stayed on track yesterday....and I am planning to stay on board all week-end. I had a very little bit of a peanut butter/chocolate dessert thing that a friend of my skinny son's made....I came upon it in the freezer and had a piece after it ambushed me. But then I went out and shovelled 2 loads of dirt and mushroom manure and moved them, so I think I wore it off....Also just a sip of my husband's beer. I don't have type of food or amount in my challenge, but I'm not allowing myself to go hog wild....I still eat very sensibly I'm afraid...salads, grilled salmon, lean meats, lots of veggies and at least one fruit a day. Picked up some fresh blackberries last night...I'm off to make jam this am.
Tally:
1. water *****
2. Road walk **
3. No food after 7 pm. *****
4. 2 glasses of wine/week.
5. multivitamin *****

So, what is on your schedule for the week-end...mine is already filling up. Potential for today...help to breed a *****, jam, practice with soloist for church tomorrow, practice with myself for soloist for church tomorrow, groom the rescue (I may have a potential home for her!!!!), take the rescue to meet the people this pm (or tomorrow pm) and a load of stone and mulch coming in this morning....I need a nap. Oh yeah....walk the road! Plus move the earth...literally. Dh is much too tired these days And I was "bad" yesterday....have another 20 or so plants to plant with no prepared spots for their little feeties....Geesh. I picked up some arugula (bugleweed), 2 varieties, one is called chocolate something....very dark green and velvety chocolate colour....and a variagated green, purple and cream one....to put on the border of the under the Austrian pines ground cover area....that is where the ivy and periwinkle will go too....and the mulch. I've decided to start at one end and mulch the other that I don't do this year...at least it will be started and I can work on it as I go. This month's Canadian Gardener has the coolest tree on pg 98....the black locust one....I want one! Anyway, there are some available in NS, bit of a drive. Also Ajax, but I will investigate a little closer to home.

Okay....I've gotta run.....hopefully the stone will be here soon.

Avanti.....I need a nap
ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:24 AM   #227  

Hello all!

Ceara, I love GREEN FOR GO..... I really do... its very uplifting to me everytime I read it.....

WSW... GOOD FOR YOU! And sometimes, the plateaus are long and longer still but everything considered ( Including the heat and humidity) breaking a plateau is a CELEBRATION!!!
YAY!!

And good job to you too, Punkin and Katrina.... .6 is really a maintain... I am usr ethat has something to do w/ humidity too.....

Ok, for me... I am doing alright.... and finally, can feel that "somethings changed" feeling. I havent gotten on the scale but I feel less bloated and firmer somehow too. Although the only real thing I've done is put the pedometer back on and watch my step count.

In fact, I am a little suprised at how little thought I am putting into this....
Could I have been obsessing about losing weight for so long that when I finally got to goal I let loose mentally .... hmmmmm.....

We know physically that our bodies are more than glad to regain as quickly as possible ....
Ah..... not for me to figure out...... certainly a zillion books and a zillion "experts" can't agree either....

To ALL....
GREEN FOR GO!!!

Go drink more water.....
Go sit up straighter.....
Go do something you enjoy even if its for 10 minutes.....

Which means for me, YARDSALING!

At least till it gets too hot....

Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:17 AM   #228  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile 2/3/1

Morning, Queenlies! Scale still seems stuck -- hoping to at least squeeze another fluffy one off by Monday's WI. In SLD, some talk about a plateau followed by a big "whoosh." That's what I'm hoping for. Have been doing well on all counts and -- hey! I DESERVE IT!!!

Did almost an hour step tape and then some tai chi. I bought a stability ball along with a Pilates DVD the other day and haven't looked at the DVD yet, but just lying backwards on the ball and rolling top-to-bottom on my spine. It's a little uncomfortable (some tight muscles? spine getting compacted?) but feels better afterwards. We're going to SILs for dinner this evening. I seem to have beat the of dinners out/falling off wagon. Hope THAT lasts!

KAYLETS!!! How did I miss you in my last message? I HATE that -- get to the end of a massive missive, thinking I'd at least managed to say "Hi" to everyone. I thought a lot of stuff to you, though -- did you get that? I must have written to you in the lost post and then thought it was in the current one. Now if only I could remember what I'd said

Love to all!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:32 PM   #229  
the sword bearer

Go Green! It is late. I am tired. List of things I did today.
Moved 2 wheel barrows of dirt mix.
Practiced solo with self.
Bred *****.
Practiced with soloist.
Crushed blackberries and made jam.
Froze big bag of blackberries (they have to be laid out on cookie sheets, frozen before they are bagged or you end up with a rock sized blackberry)
Finished up rescues' groom...DD bathed and did preliminaries.
Vacuumed up hair and family room.
Cooked, depitted and made apricot jam.
Made salad for supper and steamed spinach. DH BQ'd the salmon...yum.
Managed to meet all goals, and am finishing up the water. I just finished walking the road...man is it hot! Gonna jump into the pool and then into the shower....BYE! My scale is stuck too Arabella. But it will move eventually.

Old 07-29-2006, 09:52 PM   #230  
wsw

thanks for the encouragement, kaylets and ceara!

ceara, i just read your post. i was tired before, but seeing all you accomplished today made me bleary-eyed. you're like the energizer bunny!

finished up on track today, though had to force the exercise. just not always in the mood as much as i would like to be, but as long as i do it, figure that's what counts. tomorrow, i am getting together with a few friends for lunch, which should be fun. well, to all royals, have a good evening.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:40 AM   #231  
the sword bearer

Green for Go! Mornin'! Quickie post, gotta walk and Cornation Steet starts at 7...I'll miss it after 8:30 because of church...oh well.
Tally:
1. water ******
2. Road walk ***
3. No food after 7 pm. ******
5. multivitamin ******
Scale has moved micro-bit down...won't count it as a pound until it is more stable....I moved the scale around and got on v-e-r-y gingerly to see that! But it is nudging in the right direction.

Today....church, then take the rescue to meet her potential new family. Still have enough blackberries for another batch of jam....maybe I'll get to that too. And of course, I could always plant some of those plants...the bed is closer to being plantable!

First order of the day...walk...actually get dressed then walk. It is too hot to walk in my terry bathrobe...

to all Royals! Have a great lunch wsw.

Avanti!
Old 07-30-2006, 08:50 AM   #232  
wsw

good morning, royals! going to get in a bit of exercise now, and then tidy up a little before i leave for day's activities. hope everyone has a good day.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:56 AM   #233  
the sword bearer

Green for go...again! The home for the rescue may be falling through...wife is ready but hubby isn't...it has only been days since the other one died, and he was closest to her...he is grieving. So we'll wait. But they liked each other.

Went to my friend's house and did some paperwork and proofing afterwards. She ordered in Chinese. Well, I drank a glass of water with it, a 591 ML bottle on the drive home and another huge glass when I got home. Salty! So the scale is still the same this morning, but I have a lot of water to get rid of...it will likely come off during the day whilst I am trying to run around and do stuff. Guess I'll add finding bathrooms to my list!

Tally:
1. water *******
2. Road walk ****
3. No food after 7 pm. *******
5. multivitamin *******

Anyway, got a breakfast date for 8:30, coaching barbershop at 10, and burgers there I think...and sometime I may be helping with another breeding...I don't work until 4. So....off like a herd of turtles!

Avanti!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:16 AM   #234  
Momma Frog

Well...today's the day ladies! I'm handing in my resignation today. *Hopefully* They'll let me work through the date I have on it (which is only a week and 2 days). I have an interview and several other things to take care of the rest of that week, soo......

I'm a bit nervous. I'm nervous that they'll just say OK pack up your desk, you can go now. Which they can totally do. Any ideas for making a bit of money if that happens? We have 2 weeks until vacation though. (Which I am SUPER happy about. I SO need to get away!)

Back later ladies.
frogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:43 PM   #235  
Is it Friday yet?

Hidey hoooooo!!!!!

Sorry, no official "It's Friday!!!" post since we lost our internet on Thursday morning and didn't get it back up until they showed up at 6pm Friday. But, at least it's fixed. I shall proclaim the day this week, happily!

Frogger, good luck with the resignation. Hopefully they'll need you too much to just say "fine, leave now" and you can collect what you can between now n' then. Hang in there!

Anagram you're rackin' up quite an impressive string o' days there! But I'm with ya, at what point do we quit waiting for something to happen to mess it up? Maybe this is the you whose location you were wondering about!

Kaylets, yardsaling.... aaaahhh, haven't done that since I lived in a "real" town (7+ years ago?). Such fun!

Ceara, I'm jealous, you're still planting and I've got maybe another 4-6 weeks before I start loosing my flowery dirt babies to the first fall frosts. The growing time is just too short here! However, I have an abundance of "natural landscaping" (aka weeds) that seems to survive the frost and snow every $%#&% year! Uh, and you can send that apricot jam riiiiiiiiight this way! Yuuum....

Katrina, have a blast on vacation! Wherever it is, anyplace described as an island can't be bad at all! I'd call a .6 maintenance too - isn't it funny when you want to go to WW the least is when you end up being the happiest you went? Strange how that works....

Arabella, aka sweet pea stealer, thief o' the red columbine! That's too funny! I've swiped fairy roses off my Mom's plant from time to time, but since I end up putting them on my desk it's not like I'm being too sly about it, am I. They just look and smell so purdy, who can resist?
Yep, soooooo cloooose to Onderland. Nekkid in the morning I'm there, we shall see at WW weigh in tomorrow evening though. Personally, I take my nekkid a.m. weight as my "real" weight versus my 5pm, 2 meals and 1 snack eaten, fully clothed weight. But eh, I'll play the game.

WSW, I'm so sorry about your friend moving. I left CA and moved to Oregon and it felt like it might as well have been another country. Thank goodness for internet and long distance phone service, you'll probably find like I did with my friends that we made more effort to keep in touch since our being able to be together wasn't taken for granted anymore. Congrats on catching the train outta Plateauville too!

Ok, me.... got a busy week coming up with bestest friend The Bean coming for the annual visit with her clan on Friday afternoon. I get her and the kids all to myself until Tuesday morning! So, shopping, cleaning and general prep for visitors to be done. Also must de-cat the house as much as possible since her DH is allergic to my furry kids (they'll be in lock-down - aka my room/bathroom/laundry room area - during the weekend).

Smooches all around, will check in on Wednesday to report WW weigh in. Wish me a ticket to Onderland! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

Terri
Day 6, and counting!
Punkinseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:10 AM   #236  
Got to be in it to win it

S/C/G: 239/203/174

Height: 6'

Crashed and burned last time - lets see if I can do better this time, I'm challenging myself to 21 days of writing down everything I eat and 21 days of no booze. This is what I really need to kick start my attitude so wish me luck!!
Clutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:15 AM   #237  
the sword bearer

Cool

Have a great time Punkin' with Beanie...I lost a long time friend like that....she and I had a mutual parting of the ways....sad but releasing too...looking back she was quite a negative influence. Her life outlook I mean. Good thoughts for your WI....you are doing great!

Yesterday was busy but I'm still on the wagon. Dratted scale still stuck. No walk again...I'm going to attempt it this am after some . I may end up a puddle of perspiration on the road....it is muggy out there! Apparently this is a swath of USA Southern air and the cooler Canadian air should be in to move it back (be warned!) by Thursday.
Tally:
1. water ********
2. Road walk ****
3. No food after 7 pm. ********
5. multivitamin ********

Have to work at 1:30, and have some paperwork still to do....may plant? At least I need to make sure they are all hydrated.

Frogger, how'd that go? It is always hard ending a job....good luck!
Arabella...WI? I hope things finally moved for you! I'm gonna fly...need to get in some laundry too before the "peak" electrical pull....

Hi Clutha...yes I find that the booze lowers your good intention rate and can lead to the nibbles....besides it has a lot of empty calories. I do like a good glass of wine, or a nice strong beer...but...I also want other things.
Tah!

Last edited by ceara; 08-01-2006 at 07:20 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:21 AM   #238  
Momma Frog

Hello Ladies! All went well and I can stay through my resignation time. I also have accepted a contigent offer with another employer (they don't have the actual contract yet but :cross: they will soon) and I'm waiting to hear about another position with a friend's company. So things are looking up!
frogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:26 AM   #239  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Post Good morning, Queenlies!

Another day, same weight. Well, WI had me down .2. Which is still downward but a pretty far cry from a "whoosh." Have really been doing very well on all counts, hitting all targets at least 9/10 days. Eventually the scale will reward me I've been so consistent that I'm tempted to pity-party. And yet, I know where that leads and I don't want to go there. Soldiering on!

I think it's just that, after having lost 26 pounds, my body thinks it's supposed to regain. Just have to convince it otherwise. The SLD is supposed to address the setpoint issue but they do say that if you've already lost some weight it might take a while to kick in. As I used to tell DS, if you're trying to do something and it's not working -- TRY HARDER!

It's a lovely sunny morning here. Was cool, but warming up. Just an absolute peach of a day. Shall try to escape from desk periodically to enjoy it.

Ceara, what are your frost dates there, just so i can know how jealous to be? I think we're typically May 21st - Sept. 21st. But of course can have early or late frosts, too.

Clutha, welcome back! Yes, that's the beauty of the 21-day challenge -- the "do-over." You never fail, just restart. That said, I need to figure out where I am in this string of days.

Punkinseed, how lovely to have that long weekend with The Bean and fam. Enjoy! Really, there's nothing better in life than hanging with our nearest and dearest, is there. Will be so exciting to have Friday proclaimed this week.

Frogger, hope the resignation went well yesterday. I've started poking around looking for potential career moves my own self...

WSW, you are so right -- the thing is to "just do it" even if we don't feel so inspired. As a matter of fact, we get double brownie points for doing the nec. when we don't waaaaaannnnnna.

K, Dovies. I must work. Simple fact of life. Double brownie points.

Avanti!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:04 AM   #240  
the sword bearer

OMG....just add soap and shampoo...who needs the water? I am so wet!!!! But before I get clean for society...I am going to move some dirt...and maybe put in a plant or two, and edge with bricks...then I will REALLY need a shower! Obviously I just finished my walk....my head is soaked!!!!!