Old 06-22-2006, 05:39 PM   #16  
deleted2

Wow, this thread is hot!

Great to see Wildfire and wsw back! And it feels good to me to post regularly again. [You may get tired of hearing from me. ] Also, welcome to Puney and Katrina, the founding Mother of this challenge!

Anagram, good job on 4 good days! I saw an ad in a Pilates mag. for something called "Pool-ates". Ever heard of it?
I was so touched by your son's Father's Day gift---what a sweet story!

I'm having a good day. This is my 4th in a row. REVELATION DU JOUR: I'm enjoying my food tremendously because I have it all planned out, and portioned out. Since I know that I don't have an unlimited buffet before me, I make extra sure that I enjoy it and eat mindfully!!! Very interesting.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:11 AM   #17  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

One day done....guess that you change the days when they're under your belt
Tally:
1. water *
2. Road walk *
3. No food after 7 pm. *
4. 2 glasses of wine/week.
5. multivitamin *

Have brekkie date, so am off to walk and take that vitamin! Hi to all, and welcome to the new faces!
ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:14 AM   #18  
deleted2

Default Thursday--June 22

Coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
2 scrambled egg sub.
1 soy 'chicken' patty
steamed broccoli
clementine

Rice milk, choc. whey, flax

-ww tortilla w/ soy cheese, lettuce, peppers, onion, cucumber
-seitan jerky

3 triscuits w/ 1 tbsp. peanut butter

lettuce, vegs, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup chickpeas, 2 tbsp. Woodstock dressing

Water: 12 glasses
total calories: 1340
exercise: 2 miles treadmill [at a high incline]
35 min. lower body workout

I'm really pleased that I did a full lower body thing today. Usually I let myself off the hook because the lunges make my quads hurt the next day.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:44 AM   #19  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Talking Day 2!

Yes, all challenges were met yesterday, despite extreme fatigue -- which so often throws me off. Today I'm haring off to New Brunswick for my niece's wedding (ex's family). I still don't know anything about what's going on except for the city and time (See: ex's family) but am just going to go. Taking DS and DGS and will be v. happy to be home again this evening. Long frickin' drive!

In order to meet my challenges today I'm going to have to slurp down coffee #3 Really feel like I need it, despite 10 hours of sleep last night. I must have a smidgen of some bug or something. I'm going to do the condensed challenge version: 15-minute run, 15 min. yoga or tai chi and 10-min. meditation.

It's great to see the thread getting invigorated -- us too

Welcome, welcome Puney and Katrinabgood!

Let's take this day and do our darndest with it!

Avanti!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:17 AM   #20  
wsw

good morning, royals. welcome puney and katrinabgood! met all challegnes on my list yesterday. on to day2! another night of very little sleep, but have a friend coming over later, and need to clean the royal dwelling, so will get to it. take care, everyone.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:59 AM   #21  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 198/190/135~5'3"

Cool

Hello everyone and thanks for the warm welcome. I am doing good today despite lack of sleep. I have thi horrible crick in my neck that is keeping me up at night. On top of that I have been teaching bible school this week. Lots of fun but after working all day and all evening and not really sleeping for over a week, I need a break!

Fortunate and unfortunate, due to my sore neck, I have not been eating much. No appetite due to all of the meds and I feel wshed out. I can tell that I have lost weight.

Anyway, I have really started watching my water today. I have been drinking coffee all week like I was trying to put out an internal java fire . I needed it to stay awake! Anyway, today I have limited myself to three cups this morning and I am switching to the water.

I am also going to make sure that I reach all of my exercise goals too. Really hard when you are pooped but I will do it. I really like to vent my thoughts on the forum. I usually work all by myself all day so this is nice for a change.

Everybody have a great day and I wish you great success. If there is anyone out there that has a miracle cure for a sore neck muscle, I welcome any advice you have. I messed it up driving and articulated truck all day last Monday. (Lots of bouncing and jaring). I kept having to look behind me to back up and I sustained and "overuse" injury according to my Doc. He prescribed ibuprophen but this is taking forever. This is day 9! I am getiing better but this is so slow. There seems to be nothing that will loosen my muscles up and I am getting numbness. I wonder if I have a pinched nerve or something. Anyway, I am through whining !!!

Water, water here I come...
Puney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #22  

Welcome, puney & Katrina.

Off to the pool shortly for the 3rd time this week plus two days of tai chi. No, Eydie, I haven't heard of pool-ates. Sounds like fun. We no longer have an instructor/leader for anything (budget cutbacks, I s'pose). Ok w/me for what my problems are but sometimes some instructors have made it more fun. Do have more time options though so I'll take it.

I'm on day 5, can hardly believe it but am eating out with DSis/Dbil and it will be a challenge. On the water/fluid thing though, I'm doing well. I guess challengewise this would be only my second day but it's my fifth otherwise. Makes so much difference!

Oh Arabella, that is a long drive and esp. for DGS. Hope he's a happy camper but will probably sleep some of it, esp. return trip.

Lots of storms last night - power off for a while. More expected today with even more rain so I'm off and running before I'd need to be a duck.

Good Weekend, all.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:40 PM   #23  
a work in progress...

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcomes! It's good to be back!

I jumped back up on the WW bandwagon last night. Gonna shake things up a bit for myself and give the Core program a try. I was kind of intimidated by it the last time, but am willing to try something new this time around. So far, so good anyway!

My goals for this challenge are as follows:

1. Follow WW/Core plan.
2. 144 oz water/day
3. Daily vitamins
4. 30 minutes (at least) exercise per day
5. Check in here daily
6. Keep smiling, and enjoy the ride!

That's all I can handle for now.

We're pretty busy around here today, getting my son (15) ready for 7 weeks at Boy Scout camp, where he will be working as an aquatics instructor. (my baby, sob!)

Back later for more support. Thanks again for the lovely welcomes!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:19 AM   #24  
a work in progress...

Default All righty then...

I'm back. I promised myself that I would not post until all aspects of the challenge have been met. So, here I am!

I have to say I almost flubbed my very first day, but with the 35 extra points/week that WW allows, I was able to count my caramel frappacino (light, of course!) towards that. whew. Then....I hadn't had a chance to exercise all day, (other than hustling around here, doing laundry and packing and the like) So, at 10:30, I hustled the dog and myself out into the misty night for a good walk. That mist quickly turned into full blown rain about 15 minutes into the walk. We were drenched by the time we got home, but it felt good to be able to say I accomplished all that I set out to do today!

Soooo...day 1 has been a success! Whee! 20 more to go!

Not sure if I'll get here tomorrow...we've got a long drive (3 hrs) in the morning to drop the boy off and then the ride home. AND I have to work at 11pm. Somewhere in there I have to find time to move the bod. I guess I'll be getting up earlier than I thought. Hey, it's worth it!

Have a great weekend, all! Can't wait to hear about everyone's progress.

1/0/1

Last edited by katrinabgood; 06-24-2006 at 12:35 AM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:54 AM   #25  
deleted2

What's the Core program consist of?

Challenge du Jour for me is making smart choices dining out. Always tricky!
If I can pull that off I will have successfully completed day 6.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:24 AM   #26  

Pool was closed when I got there yesterday. Bah, humbug! Did some stretches, etc. at home. Went out to eat - had more than if I had stayed home, of course, but included lots and lots of veggies and choices were not all bad.

Sort of gray outside today but I'm not as gloomy as I had been. Going to take a slow day today as Princess Ten is coming tomorrow for a couple of days. So my recently "organized" life will be awry again (though for a great reason this time) and then it will be the holiday weekend, etc. So in a couple of weeks, I'll be organizing again. But progress with each retry so 'tis good.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:08 PM   #27  
deleted2

Default June 23--Fridayc

coffee/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
1 soy sausage
1 lite string cheese

1 cup lentil soup w/ 1/4 cup brown rice
cucumber stix

ww tortilla w/ lite cheese, vegs.
clementine

smoothie [banana, whey protein, flax seed]

boca burger w/ vegetable-tomato sauce
kale 'chips'
cherries

Water: 11 glasses
fruit/vegs: 9 servings
total calories: 1315

exercise: 20 min. Pilates
2 miles treadmill [high incline!]
Old 06-24-2006, 06:55 PM   #28  
wsw

hi everyone! day 3 of my challenge has been successful. so far, sticking to what i had mapped out. i'm still plateauing, but clothes fitting a bit better, so hopefully something positive is afoot. i had a nice time yesterday at high tea with an old friend. bad storms here last night, and figured i wouldn't be able to seep well, especially since having lot of sleep problems lately, but i used my sleep control on t.v. remote in hopes that the sound of t.v. would mask some of the sounds of thunder, and it worked well. i actually got a good night's sleep last night, and was reminded what a difference that makes! well, hope the remainder of the weekend is pleasant for all in the palace.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 07:47 PM   #29  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Ah...what a day! Been up since 5:30...but had lots of fun! Was at a dog show but with the alternative registry....and 2/3's of the way to a championship with my little girl! And lots of good fellowship and fun with co-exhibitors....that does sound funky doesn't it?

Tally:
1. water ***
2. Road walk **
3. No food after 7 pm. ***
4. 2 glasses of wine/week. 1
5. multivitamin ***
There... did today's also....since it is after 7 and I'm done. Eating was weird today....orange and chicken sandwich for breakfast, coffee, hot dog for lunch and a hot dog for supper....I ate at the border since I wouldn't have been home before 7.....and the hot dog was free. So....lots of fun...I am whipped though.

Great to see you all here...yes we had some wild weather too wsw! How's the wedding going Arabella? I'm fading...gonna go read and

ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:41 PM   #30  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

I posted a long postie and it vanished into the ether when I hit "post." Too tired to recreate now and on the way to bed.

I will say, though, that I've met all challenges but meditation and I'm going to do a brief guided one before I hit the sack. AND, were it not for this challenge I would not have gone for a walk and done a set of tai chi after DGS' mom finally showed up for him. So YAY US!

And to all a good night

3/0/1
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote