Old 07-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #211  
wsw

hi punkin and frogger! how lovely to see you both!!!!

arabella-congrats on the weight loss! sorry to hear of your mil's diagnosis.

wildfire-glad your neck is getting better!

---and hello anagram, eydie, ceara, kaylets, katrinabgood, and to all our royals. i decided to start over again on this second 21 day challenge. i didn't fall too far off the trolley, but i just wasn't as careful the past few days when not feeling well, and that's not a good trend for me. tomorrow will be day 1. well, take care, all.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:42 AM   #212  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Green for GO! I'm climbing outta the muck into the sunshine...again. I'm with you wsw...just little things but when I start to justify something, then the goal was NOT met and I'd better start over. Started again Monday....2 days on the wagon. So will change siggy and off I go!

Tally:
1. water **
2. Road walk
3. No food after 7 pm. **
4. 2 glasses of wine/week.
5. multivitamin **

It sure is great to see all the familiar faces back again.... Punkin! Frogger! How is your neck Ms Wildfire? I check you in the far away land once in a while. I can't see the rest of the posties from here...I've been lurkin' over the week-end though. This is the first week of the new schedule...I got my 2 hours back by the bye...had to file a grievance to do it. The hours are wacky on Mon and Wed but....so be life right? That and the big ol' party (teens) here Sat night was enough to knock me off I guess. I am very tired though.

OK, vitamin and walk....then some gardening....the hosta I'm on a quest for is very showy...saw it on the garden tour. The leaf is fairly large, with the smallest of dark green strip on the outer edge and the middle is just pure white....blinding. It is very flashy, and I WANT one! I have one that may be it...we'll see. The baby does not match the picture but that is often the way until they mature. Don't know the name...but I will surf one day and see if I see it. I could just go and ask right? Duh...too easy.

to all s....gotta
ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #213  
Is it Friday yet?

Mornin' one and all!

WW gave me a .2 pound loss prezzie last night. Wasn't expecting anything, actually was expecting a gain because of camping over the weekend. But, I'll take it!

So, today's Day 1, so far I:
* got up at 4:30am and walked for 30 minutes
* had a good healthy breakfast
* journaled my breakfast, snacks and lunch
* planned dinner, but haven't written it down yet

Will:
* drink more water today, at least 2 mugs while here at work

Tomorrow? More of the same!

Onward and downward royals!

Terri
Punkinseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:00 PM   #214  

Almost to the end of the 15th day of the challenge and my 17th acceptable day in a row. Excuse me, but what did I do with the real me? She's probably lurking about just waiting for me to relax or be in a bad mood. Either way, there'll be some sort of irresistable treat if I just let my guard down.

I'm only at 1200 calories so far so expect to come in about 1400 for the day - allowing for my evening snack.

Ungodly weather today. Only reached high 80s but so humid I have a headache all day even in the a/c. But did do tai chi this a.m. spent a lot of time on answering machine problems. Machines HATE me, I'm convinced.

Will venture outside in a little bit once it's closer to sundown. Shesh!
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:40 AM   #215  

Hello all.... things are nonstop getting ready for next week's vacation......I have only a moment but saw a post from PUNKINSEED and am SO glad to see it.....
Hope all, ( saw your name too Frogger!) are well....

I cannot wait to come back this evening and catch up!
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:14 AM   #216  
the sword bearer

Green for still going! Did the vitamin already...counted it for today before I forget...meno-mind. Got my water waiting in the fridge...ready in their bottles.

Tally:
1. water ***
2. Road walk *
3. No food after 7 pm. ***
5. multivitamin ****

It is a little drizzly out there today...we need a long socked in rain, but the farmers who still have wheat and hay still on the fields aren't going to be too happy!

Managed to haul some dirt and manure mix (got some mushroom manure...rich stuff) yesterday and started supplementing the new bed on the north side of the house. Planted one hosta and a soft shrub...dog wort?...which will have hot pink flowers on it. I'm wondering if it will have enough light there...I may have to move it next spring. The hosta I'm looking for is maybe winter white, or a derivative of it....it sounds like what I saw...and apparently is harder than blazes to find...wouldn't you know! Maybe I'll just go steal some....NOT!

Anyhow...got my last programme to prep for this morning...I was supposed to be done with this stuff last week, but with the staffing change...and lack of 1 person, I picked up another programme....

Congrats on the loss Punkin! You are doing marvellously da-a-h-h-l-ling. Good for you Anagram....days strung together are nice and productive. When are you off to see the princesses again? Kaylets...which weekend are you going? I'm outta here on the 4th and gone for at least a week....I hope. Breakfast with the parentals is one thing, but living with my mother that long can be a trial .....Arabella ...your egg is lit! How goes life? Nice to see you Eydie! to all other queens...hope your day goes well...

Gotta get going...update the siggy and finish the planning! Avanti!
Old 07-27-2006, 07:27 AM   #217  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Ugh. Just hit a single button and closed the window of my near-finished long, chatty post. Don't even know what button that was but will have to find it and tape it up Will be back!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:04 PM   #218  
the sword bearer

Dropwort, that is it. Have planted 15 red salvia, and a couple of perennials...creeping thyme and something else. Good memory, just really short.

Hi-Ho...back to work I go 'til 6 tonight. Last programme was this morning...what a relief!

Old 07-27-2006, 08:42 PM   #219  

The strain of this long string is getting to me. I'm at 1300 for the day - hope to finish about 1500. Did pool workout today, hope to make it there tomorrow too.

Was having answering machine problems all week. Put on my backup - problems. Bought a new one. Problems. Called nephew whod does this stuff for a living. He came today, checked all out. No problems with jacks, outlets, machines. We've had a lot of power outages lately and I thought maybe that contributed. Dunno - just know machines don't like me.

Princesses coming up this weekend, ceara. Gardens sound lovely. Happy vacation, Kaylets. Dontcha just hate those buttons in the wrong place, WN?

Anyway, today's day 16 (plus the two I did before declaring the challenge). Really thought I'd have my allowed "blowout" before now. Maybe tomorrow night as I'm going out to dinner w/friend. Blowout being eating in moderation but not counting calories so ending up with a bit more. Don't know about losing weight but feeling a bit more "toned". Getting sleepy - shound be smart and end the day early.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:41 PM   #220  
wsw

punkin-congrats on the weight loss!

anagram-you are doing great!

hi ceara-your garden sounds delightful.

and greetings to all our lovely queens. well, completed day 2 on track. the heat is just doing me in. a friend called this evening, and is going to bring lunch over tomorrow, and i'm looking forward to the visit. well, have a good evening, all.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:19 AM   #221  
a work in progress...

Hey all, this week has been cuh-RAY-zee! Working, and getting it together for vacation has taken up most of my time. I almost forgot about WW last night, then remembered and thought, "oh ****, I don't feel like I lost anyway, why go?" I DID manage to drag my butt over there, weighed in, gained 6/10ths of a lb and was so happy that I went. It just renewed my sense of commitment, especially before two weeks of vacation!

I am hereby issuing myself a 14 day vacation challenge:

*Attend WW meetings on the island.
*Exercise at least 4 days/week.
*Follow Flex plan, counting points, utilizing 35 point allowance for cocktails or treats. Will also utilize activity points (which I don't usually do)
*Drink at least 64oz water daily.
*RELAX AND HAVE FUN!

I'm not sure if we'll have internet service, dh might bring his laptop if we do...I'll try to check in if we do!

So much I want to say to all, so many replies about various things you gals have posted and I just don't have the time! I still have one more admission to do then I am out of here! They're squeezing every last drop of work out of me before I leave!

Hang in there, everyone, I expect to read about lots of great progress when I get back!

katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:07 AM   #222  
the sword bearer

Still green for GO! However, my went is gone Am tired...no yet....A-h-h...that's better...my brain should start working any minute now.

Made it through another day, and have regained my ticker stats....movin' on! I guess the only consolation is that if it goes on quickly, it comes off quickly....I nearly freaked when I got on the scale Monday. I wasn't off my challenge...just pushing it...eating chocolate covered granola bars out of ???boredom??? I don't believe I was hungry. Anyway, onwards and downwards! NSV...I have a pair of shorts on that I've never worn....they were $5 cheapies I found a couple years ago....
Tally:
1. water ****
2. Road walk *
3. No food after 7 pm. ****
5. multivitamin ****
A little shy on the walking....guess where I'm off to this am?

Have a great vacation Kat....I'm joining you as of next Friday...just for 10 days or so. Good work on the streak Anagram....don't worry about the why of it, just enjoy it and do it....you ARE doin' it!

Garden is coming...they are always works in progress....and here I am thinkin' on going back to get more of those $1 perennials today...I have not even finished the beds where they go! Optimist. Guess I'll be hauling dirt and mushroom merde this week end!

Gotta get goin'... The coffee is workin'. Arabella, I copy my posts (ctrl C) before I post 'em....saves frustration, especially when I've done war and peace

Last edited by ceara; 07-28-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:35 AM   #223  

Smile Another day dawns in the Summer Palace

Shan't specify day because we've got our beloved Queen o' Friday back to proclaim.

Ayuh, let's try this again! Will be very careful of pesky buttons -- still didn't figure out which one it was. Something on my actual keyboard. Ah well, that one never happened before so maybe will never again?

I'm pretty much cruising. We had dinner out with vacationing friends the other night (DH has been pals with this couple since first year university). They're always a lot of fun. I feel like we're old friends, too, and really I've only met them a handful of times and it's been five years. Always just like we saw them a week ago, though. They live in Kingston (Ontario). It would be nice if they were closer -- I'm sure we'd see a lot of them.

I'm in that mode where I feel slimmer and think I can see a difference but the scales are slooooooow/stalled. I should take the body fat and etc. measurements tomorrow.

Going to start counting days now instead of trying to figure out what kind of a string I've got going. Here's what I'm doing:
* SLD + Core
* At least 2L water daily (usually it's LOTS more)
* Meditation daily
* Tai chi or yoga or Pilates daily
* Aerobic exercise daily (currently woggling 3-4 times a week, walking o/w)
* Circuit training 3X weekly
* Have some FUN every day!

And that last one is as important as any of the others. Here's a larf for you: I dreamed the other night I was marrying Willie Nelson I took it to mean that I need to get in touch with my inner outlaw. Have been pretty strait-laced the last decade or so and mean to free my inner wild woman (of course, this is going to be pretty mild, in actuality -- this morning, for example, on my way to the gym, I stole a little sweet pea blossom that was poking through someone's fence .

That's enough of me-me-me for now. I think I'll post and come back in before something happens...

Last edited by Arabella; 07-28-2006 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:33 AM   #224  

Smile 1/3/1, Cont'd.

Ceara, I love hearing about your gardening escapades -- very inspiring to me. I've got a lot of what a friend of mine called "potential for improvement" in my gardens. I'm starting to imagine the possibilities. We've been working on the house/yards since we moved here but it takes a while. Lots of shady areas in the back that I'd love to get planted up with hostas/ferns/astillbe and other shade lovers. Yesterday I swiped (there's that outlaw thing again! ) seed from my neighbor's sweet, old-fashioned deep rosy-red columbine. (It was tempting me through a fence, too ) and sprinkled it through my beds. Hope to see it come up next year.

Katrina, I'm so glad you got a chance to get in and post before you left. It's great having those points for extras, isn't it. I remember one time having some kind of a treat after lunch and feeling my automatic guilt/failure response and then thinking, hey, no, I can just track those points and it's all good. Very empowering! Have a FABULOUS vacation and pop in to say if you can.

Anagram, how wonderful that your darling still shares the Patio of Peace and Tranquility with you!

Re: electronics -- they are just badly behaved and unpredictable, even with those who are most adept. And they typically pick the worst possible time to feel impish. Frustrating for all -- electricians and programmers and network people all tend to be pretty good swearers

Punkinseed, thanks for getting us up to date. I'm vicariously excited about you meeting "your guy" so soon. Fun! I can't wait to see what that's like after all this time. I just notice this morning that you're on the verge of Onederland -- WOW!!! You've done fantastically -- kudos!

So happy that your mums is still well!

WSW, hope that heat lets up for you soon! Have a lovely lunch with your friend

Frogger, stress'll do that, huh I often find myself eating before I even allow myself to realize I'm reacting to something. You might want to look into the Shangr-la diet There's a lot of info in the forums. And a lot of people are having AMAZING results in it -- just seems to make the whole thing more controllable.

Wildfire, how goes it? Re: mermaids -- I was IMing with my site director yesterday and she was talking about a couple of coworkers -- said "She's Type A and he's Type C." I asked what type we were and she said "uuummmm... Type Mermaid?" She was right, too. She'd been saying that she was spending the day fighting various fires. We decided that fires are not good places for mermaids. New motto . Good thing you've got the fire here and mermaid there...

Eydie, that's so classic -- the sugar binge in response to the YOU-GO-GIRL PT training. Maaaan, if we didn't self-sabotage no one could stop us! I know I've got fears on some level that have put me where I am. Need to find out what they are and stare 'em down BTW: YOU GO GIRL!!!

Amarantha, lurkest thou?

Anyone else? Love to all, in any case. Must away to work (c'mon, Willie!)
Old 07-28-2006, 08:03 PM   #225  
wsw

katrinabgood-have a wonderful vacation!

thanks, arabella, i did have a nice lunch with my friend today. it was a rather emotional day for me afterwards, though, because my friend told me that he found out he will probably be moving out of the country for 2 years. it is an excellent and enriching opportunity for him, which he truly deserves, and he is very excited about the prospect. i am thrilled for him! he is a wonderful friend, and emotional support, and i will miss him tremendously, though. granted, he doesn't know for certain yet, but it looks like it will happen, and i am already missing him. ok, so enough of the sappy stuff--. i completed day 3 on target. i also finally lost a blasted pound after an unbearably long plateau. i thought people usually lose more than one measly pound afte such a long time, but my poor body just isn't remembering too well how to lose weight. i am pleased about this dainty lb. down, though, since it was very hard-fought! also, i don't want to use my losing weight so sloooowly as an excuse to throw in the towel. so, onward and downward, i say. hope everyone has a good weekend. take care. all.