Old 06-20-2006, 10:06 AM   #151  
Project Down-Sizing !!

ladies !!

Another early morning for me. Just enjoying my morning and thought I best check in as I won't have any time this afternoon/evening.

Today I write part 1 of my 2 part exam... a 4 hour multiple choice exam.. and I am going kick some accounting butt !!!!

Meowee ~ I have never had cats.. assuming that you do based on your screen name.. but I can certainly attest to the unconditional love from my dog

Robbin ~ all I can say is OUCH !! I have never broken anything in my life and I certainly don't think breaking my nose would be where I want to start. Certainly a birthday he won't forget !!

Erin ~ good job on the elliptical and all that furniture moving will definately earn your lots of exercise point. In answer to your question about studying.. I am writing the national exams to achieve an accounting designation. So yes, lots of studying and dedication !!

Liza ~ darn scale !! But no worries, it sounds like you are back on track and we are here to help you

Ryanmi ~ lucky girl.. a manicure and pedicure... love them !! Your patio furniture sounds nice and makes me think that I should get some!! Your idea about doing something special for yourself once a day is a great one..and I will certainly try to incorporate that into my daily plans.

Cheryl ~ glad that you got your cut of the winnings, those car restoration projects can definately empty a wallet pretty quickly !!

Tina ~ welcome back to the cyber world !! Nice to meet you

Michelle ~ love love love going out for breakfast. Hubby and I try to go out often together, even if it is just for coffee. Glad to hear that you had a good weekend and that you are enjoying some nice weather.

Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday and I will TTYS
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Good morning, girls!

I'm starting off really slowly this morning...just can't seem to get motivated to do anything around this house! Did manage to wipe down my bathroom but then got lured away by the call of my computer. haha

My husband just called and said he was out looking at eliptical machines (my birthday present!)...wanted to know if he could pick one or if I prefered to do it. I told him if he found one he liked...buy it! I'm so excited!!! Although, now I'll have to quit saying "I haven't added excercise into my dieting, yet."

Michelle I am so jealous of your Oregon weather!!! My mom lives near Seattle and she calls talking about how cool it is...and here I am positively baking in Tennessee!!!

Robbin Your poor little guy! I've heard that broken noses hurt so badly! Glad I don't have any firsthand experience on it, though. However, if anyone ever needs to know how badly a broken tailbone hurts, I'm the one to ask...I've had 2! OUCH! Oh, and thanks for the fruit ovary fact. Reminds me of my best friend telling me that everytime I ate an egg I was eating a chicken period. EWWWW

Tina Glad to finally "meet" the elusive Tina. This seems like a great group of friends you have here. Hope you don't mind sharing?

Cheryl I just LOVE cat attitude. We're getting a new kitty next week. My friend has a friend who has a cat that requires more attention than she can give him. Exactly what I want...a full grown, fully trained LAP KITTY!

Ryanmi I love the be nice to yourself challenge. I have started just doing something as simple as lotion twice a day...and my skin is so soft and wonderful...I love it!

Liza I know you're disappointed about the weight gain...we ALL know exactly how that feels! I'm sure you'll just jump back in and start again. Chin up, chick!

Elem So you do an eliptical workout? Do you like it? I'm getting one for my birthday and I can't wait! Don't you just love new furniture? We bought a new house in February and got new furniture to go with it. It's been SO much fun!

Linda LOVE the cat facts! Hilarious...and SO true!

Have a great day, everyone...I'm off to start some laundry!

Tricia
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:52 PM   #153  

thanks for the kind words, but to be honest it feels like im back at square one and all the hard work in the last few months was for nothing. no no no get negative head off, the hard work was not for nothing i proved to myself that when i put my mind to it i can do it. and heck im still down a size

robbin oh my gosh your poor son hope he's ok
tricia i have a treadmill and air walker, would love to have an entire gym in my living room lol have fun on your eliptical.

well iv done good so far on food but exercise i really am back to square one on. i'm back to being ready to collapse after a 2minute work out gonna have to start slow and build up i think.
AndrewsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:38 PM   #154  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Tuesday!

Good Afternoon ladies! Hope you're found well this day! I'm doing everything on target so far. Been doing some running around here and there and I finally found time to sit down and check in. Luckily, I'm still able to.. !

Cheryl, thanks for the hug! The one thing that bugs me more than when my pc gives me trouble is the fact that I'm not able to fix it half the time!

Ryanmi, you look great. It's nice to see you're beautiful face! Thanks for the welcome back. BTW - I'm going to reward myself with a pedicure in about 3 weeks! Can't wait!

Liza, nice to see you too! Don't worry my dear...I don't think I would ever be able to call myself too skinny! LOL! You've got the right attitude to get up and take the scale blow with determination to change it. I know that it feels so disheartening but you must focus on the positive. You are going to be a healthier person by making this step to a better you.

Erin, you're making me want an eliptical so bad! 2miles in 13mins! I do 1.75 miles in 30mins on the treadmill. I can't even imagine what I'd do in 30 minutes on an eliptical (if I'd last that long! ) I don't know about you, but I'm out shopping for a cage already. Can't seem to find one with holes small enough to contain that fairy!

Robin, yikes! So sorry to hear of your sons nose. That had to be the worst pain. I'm pretty cautious of my daughter jumping on the trampoline. She has her rules about it and she seems to be pretty good at following them. Her cousins came on Sunday and my nephew (9) couldn't seem to comprehend the point of not jumping too high with the girls on it (my DD - 4, and neice - 3). He was bouncing them around like rag dolls and before I could get down there Alyssa's knee bumped her nose and I had a heck of a nose bleed to deal with. I was worried that she had broken it aswell.

Linda, don't get me started on the politics of the whole thing! I could lose my composure....LOL! I was watching a documentry about the chemicals they put in foods that actually make you feel hungry shortly after consumption. The whole diet industry is nothing but a money making market...it's just sick that nobody cares about anothers well being honestly. Here I give you cheap food to make you fat and then you spend millions to trying to get rid of it. Sheesh!

Louie, good luck on your exams. My husband is an accountant, I know how difficult it is to get your degree. Mind if I ask what part of Canada your from? It's nice to meet you too!

Tricia, the computer calls me a little too often too! Sometimes I can't help popping in to see what's going on. Mind you, I couldn't log in at all last week...so my house in is fairly good shape...for now! LOL! And of course I don't mind sharing these awesome ladies. The more the merrier!

It was a gorgeous hot day. Even had a picnic in the park for lunch and now I gotta run to close the windows...seems the threat of a storm is nearby! I'll check back later!

TTFN!
~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:49 PM   #155  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

HOWDY ladies, i am getting an afternoon post here, playing with tina's old suggestion of using notes to do my personals and then cut and paste. Taken me a little to figure it out, but i think i got it! Having a day where i want to eat everything in the house. So far only had 2 sugar free ice cream treats. Hopefully i will be able to get myself under control soon! Lots of work to do so hopefully that will distract me!

LIZA - square one is one square closer than what you were before you started again!!!! You're right get the negative head off!!! Any step in a positive direction is a good thing. All the work you've done is not for naught!!!!! Like you said it just gives you the confidence that you can do it!!! Stay strong. GOOD JOB on the 2 minutes of exercise. That's two minutes that you didn't do yesterday!!! Keep it up

TRICIA - I have to be moving today but i really don't want to be!! I love my elliptical machine. I was on the treadmill at my mom's and i really realized how much i like my elliptical. It is so much more comfortable on my legs and i get 2 miles done in less than 15 min. Time is of the essence for me! I love new furniture whe i t is here and all set up, this getting ready stuff is for the birds!!! I am not good at limbo and i am having to "temporarily" put things here and there and that drives me nuts. I just want it all settled. But i love the idea of getting it here! I feel like such a grown up with all matching furniture!

LOUIE - okay you'll have to forgive me I'm a little slow, so are you taking the exam or writing it for someone else to take? Bless you either way, i do not do well with essay tests, i am too wordy as it is and tend to talk myself into more trouble than i help with that kind of test.

LINDA - I know what you mean about the fat sugar thing in the foods. It will make you insane! I am not diabetic yet but insulin resistance and am doing the no sugar low carb thing. I am amazed at how tricky the food market is!! Such as listing sugar as dextrose or sucrose so you may not think you are getting sugar. AGHHH. Anyway now that i know what to look for i am a maniac about it. trying to lighten up for the sake of those around me but i need to be strict for me. I was able to start a little conversation with hubby about eating today and he gave me the "I don't have a choice rationale". I had to let it go so i don't say things i regret!

Robbin - HOLY COW, your crew does like to keep life exciting don't they!! OWIE, did you have to do the whole emergency room thing? Yeah wet rubber can get you in a lot of trouble!! Hope he is healing well and there are no new incidents for a while!!!

well ladies, got a 6 year old begging for my attention so gonna have to run! Talk to you soon! Erin
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #156  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

tina you must have been posting when i was - maybe we need to just put her in a garbage bag so she can't get away!! I really think the elliptical is a harder cardio work out but much less stress on my joints, research still says treadmill is the best for conditioning though, so you keep at it!
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:16 PM   #157  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hello again . . . just wanted to pop in before dinner, because I'm hungry and I don't want to eat too early because then I only get hungry again, etcetera, etcetera. I think you all probably know that routine.

Liza . . . Absolutely right . . . look at what you've learned and getting back on track is the biggest and most important step you could take. Once you've taken a little tumble, it is so easy to say to the with it. We are all here when you need to talk. Go, girl, go . . . I'm impressed with your fantastic attitude.

Tina . . . Maybe there is a magic solution out there but the food manufacturing and weight-loss industries are blocking it from ever becoming available. In the meantime, guess we just have to keep doing it the hard way. At least we can come here and know that the support is real and not just people trying to get their hands into your pockets by sounding nice.

Erin . . . As much as it would be great to be able to cage up the fairy-fat-mother, it's probably not a good idea . . . she'd probably resent it and withhold her favours completely. BTW, you are so much on the right track; losing the weight is the best thing you can do to avoid becoming more than 'insulin resistant'.

Well, that got me closer to dinner time. Feel like it's now safe to go down to the kitchen. Have a great evening, girls. Keep doing all the right stuff and the rewards are sure to follow. Here's some extra for all of us. I know I really need it. See you tomorrow.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:02 PM   #158  

Hi Gang...Things are starting to calm down and I'm not so stressed. Did good with my eating and got my walking in today. Room stills smells horrible and it takes everything I have to be able to go in, but I have to work on my quilt. Put more cleaner on the carpet today, so maybe tomorrow it won't be as bad. Tomorrow is WW, so will let you know what the scales have to say.

Michelle...We will have the FD's for 4 years if I last that long. I would like to quit, been a foster parent for 6 1/2 years. Glad you had a nice breakfast date with your hubby. Have you ever gone to 6 Flags in Washington? We are thinking about going in July.

Robbin...Awwww Robbin, so sorry to hear your little guy broke his nose. My son was about that age when he hit the curb riding his hot wheel and hit his nose/forehead. He looked like The Increddible Hulk for weeks. Had a hair line skull facture and so lucky it wasn't worse.

Tina...I sure agree with you! Anything that is healthy for you to eat, cost more. Doesn't make sense nor fair.

Ryanmi...Love your cat/fire story. My cat Friskie, lost one side of his whiskers, but not to fire. They froze and broke off. He looked so funny and it took forever for them to grow back.

Liza...We are here for you! You can do this! Just take each day, each meal as it comes. Try to pre-plan your meals/snacks if you can.

Erin...Will your hubby eat a packed lunch of left overs? My hubby does that sometimes, and it helps keep his blood sugars stable. I still use a lot of my old recipes, but subsitute FF products if I can, except for chesse. FF cheese does not melt very well. They never know they are eating low fat unless he see's the cookbook out.

Have a good evening and I'll see you tomorrow.

Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:43 PM   #159  
Working on 'Project Me'

Default popping in..

ust popping in before settling down for the night.

Erin, I tell ya writing in notepad while going through the posts saves a lot time and grief. Glad you're figuring it out! Everytime I've tested an eliptical in the store I don't think I could last 5 minutes let alone 30! LOL! You're doing so good girl..keep up the awesome effort!

Linda, yes..at least they can't charge us for getting support from our dear friends as we're trying to undo all the wrong on and in our bodies. I was talking with mom this weekend and saying that I don't remember ever getting taught about healthy and unhealthy foods growing up. We were raised to clean our plates and have a full belly. The old saying...eat up and you'll grow big and strong was always ringing through our ears. I asked her why and she said that's the way it was done in her home too. Never been so much talk about what's wrong and right. What's in this and that. But I do have to blame the industry and our generation too..I'm only 28 but I do remember that the health craze didn't become so popular till not so long ago. It's become so easy to eat so wrong. I'm glad I've realized this and trying to put an end to it now in my life, to better me and to better my daughters future.

Cheryl, I commend you girl!! My aunt is a foster mother. She has five kids in her home now, ranging from 12 to 3 mos. Two of her own. She has to document everything! Her days are on a rigid schedule and dealing with the odd out bursts are not the easiest to deal with. Let alone dealing with older ones that come with attitudes and problems have got to take the nerves of steal! You're doing a thankless job, and I have the utmost respect for you. These poor kids really need more people to care and offer guidance. Salute! Good going getting your walking fitted in today!

Well I guess I better get going. Have a great rest ladies and see you in the A.M.!

TTFN!
~Tina
Old 06-21-2006, 10:59 AM   #160  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Helllloooo Ladies !!

Hump day.. we made it and that means that we are on the downhill slide to the weekend.. YAHOO !! I made it through day 1 of exams, so 2 more to go then I can kick my heals up and relax.

Tricia ~ when is your birthday ?? Sounds like hubby is getting you a great gift !! I have to say that I have never tried an elliptical, but I am sure my day will come. I am planning on joining a gym in the next few weeks as I need to get this body moving

Liza ~ sounds like you are in a good head space and YOU CAN DO IT !!

Tina ~ thanks for the well wishes on the exams !! Sounds like you are having a very productive day and even got in a picnic.. good for you !! As for where I live I am on the island in B.C. .. born and raised here.

Erin ~ no apologies necessary ! I am studying to become a CMA (certified management accountant) and as part of the certification I have to write a national exam (candidates all across Canada write the same exam over a 3 day period). Tuesday's exam was a 4 hour multiple choice test and then on Thursday I have to write a business case in 4 hours based on information that they provide on a company. Phew.. just makes me tired writing about it

Meowee ~ hope you had a good evening ! I see that you post on the crafters page.. what sorts of crafts do you do ??

Cheryl ~ good for you for staying on program and getting your walk in. I am sure you will do awesome at your weigh in !!!

Okay who have I missed... Robbin, Michelle, Ryanmi, TeaHoney..ummm Hope you are all having a great day !!

Well I best skedaddle and get on with things.. Cheerio !!
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:21 AM   #161  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Morning, chickies . . . another unsettled day in Nova Scotia . . . warm and humid and on and off sunny.

The Fairy-Fat-Mother made a quick stop last night. Guess she already had a fairly heavy load of ugly pounds collected from other stops on her route because she only took .6 away from my house, but I'm happy with every little bit that goes in the proper downward direction.

Cheryl . . . very glad to hear that your stress level is down a little and I hope the F-F-M makes it to your house this morning, too.

Tina . . . as you know, I'm 63 and grew up in the era of "think of all the starving children in . . . . " (insert the favourite 3rd world country of the moment). It was post WWII and everybody was just so thrilled to be finished with rationing and other food shortages during the war that they were really going overboard on the quantity and variety of food on the table at every meal. Personally, I think that era was the real beginning of the 'more is better' mentality that has gotten us where we are today. Oh well.

Louie . . . good luck on the rest of the exams. Cheryl posts on Crafters, Inc. too. Are you a crafter? come on over and join us. I do a lot of stuff, tend to go in waves . . . I knit and crochet, do a lot of cross-stitch, some beading, some quilting, some tole-painting; whatever seems to catch my interest at the moment. It's harder to overeat when you keep the hands busy (not impossible, but harder).

Have a great day, gang. See you later. Keep heading down that long winding road to beater health.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #162  
Working on 'Project Me'

Thumbs up Happy Wednesday!

Good morning chickies! I'm waking up to a beautiful day, lots of sun and a light breeze. Perfect cause I wanna fit some housework in today. The kind that makes you sweat...you know ceiling to floor type cleaning. LOL! And at least I'll have some relief coming through the windows.

I'm feeling really motivated today the scale finally budged 1/2lb. Seems like every little bit gets harder and harder to get off. And then you get so confused...what should I do exercise more, eat more calories..less calories...throw in a cheat???? AAAhhhhh!!

Louie, Yay for hump day! Tomorrow is my daughters last day of preschool and then next year will be the big school...wooOOOOoo. It's going to be a hard week to say the least. I'll realize she's growing up and probably start bawling and she'll have to say bye to her best friend who doesn't get to start KD till next year. So who is it going to be harder on?? LOL! I'm in northern Alberta...Grande Prairie. Always wanted to visit the west coast, make plans every year to try to get to Vancouver but something always derails us. As far as I made it was Abotsford and Vancouver airport on a pit stop. Looks great from the air though! I'll be thinking of you during your exam, I wish you all the luck!

Linda, well..well..well. I see what happened the fairy fat mother stopped at your place first and decided she'd take the same amount from me. I thought she was stronger than that! LOL! Congrats on the loss! You seem to be picking up nicely! Thanks for the run down on the history of how bad eating habits initialized. Makes a lot of sense and in actuallity we'd probably do it all over again today if we were faced with it.

Have a good one girlies! I'll be thinking and wishing you all the strength and power it takes to get through your obstacles. As we know we are faced everyday with choices.

Check back later! TTFN!

~Tina
Old 06-21-2006, 12:18 PM   #163  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I got on the scale this morning. I've gained 13 pounds since last I weighed a couple of months ago. I am so angry with myself. Why do I do this over and over and over again? I changed my ticker and hopefully it will be going down soon. I refuse to stay this size. I caught my reflection walking past my mirror the other day and I couldn't believe what I saw. So here I go again...
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:24 PM   #164  
Working on 'Project Me'

Tracey, I'm glad that you're climbing back aboard the wagon! Don't worry we all know how it feels and no one, not even yourself, will beat you up for having a rough spot. We're all too familiar with the never ending cycle of disappointment and discouragement that leads to unhealthy cycles of bad food choices and no exercise which leads to more disappointment and discouraging thoughts of "I'm never going to do this". The hardest part is to change the cycle and fight the urge to give in. You can do this...it is doable! Proud of you girl for stopping the cycle in its tracks and start reverting it! We'll be cheering you on!
Old 06-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #165  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Hello Ladies, I am a little late getting here today because for some reason I could not access 3FC this morning. Kept telling me that the page was not accessible. But I am here now.

For the past 2 mornings I have got on the scales they have said 237, so I have decided to say screw the only moving my ticker on Sunday. As you can tell I moved it today.

Tina – We have always had pretty strict rules about our trampoline, however I guess we never thought of telling them not to put the sprinkler where it sprays on it, I guess kids will always think of things parents don’t think of.

Liza – You are farther along than square 1, cause you know what you need to do and you have the right attitude to do it. You also know that we are here to help you. You can do this I know you can.

Tricia – Broken tailbone sounds very painful. Lucky for me I have never had a broken bone. I have had cracked ribs but nothing broken before. I am also sorry for telling you about the fruit ovary, because now I am not sure I will ever eat an egg again. LOL

Erin – Yep did the emergency room thing, but it has been a while since we made the trip so I have actually kinda been expecting one. It seems like we have to make that run at least once every 6 months. My oldest boy is an accident waiting to happen. He has had more stitches that the rest of the family combined. He has had them in his head, lip, foot, and once to sew a finger back on that my daughter smashed off in the bathroom door. That was a heart attack for me. With all the kids combined we have had 2 broken wrists, 1 broken ankle and now a broken nose. LOL wow we do keep the doctors pockets full don’t we.

Cheryl – You should try going to the pet store and buying the bacterial pet odor cleaner. It works on so many smells. It has bacteria in it that eats the bad bacteria that causes stink. It is a little pricy at about $6.00 a bottle but it really works.

Louie – I am a degreeless accountant and the more I know about getting the degree the happier I am that I never messed with it. However it has taken me about 15 years to get to where I am and finally making a decent amount of money for the work I do. I commend you for getting your degree. I am sure education will make the career easier.

Linda – I am sorry that I loaded the Fairy-Fat-Mother with my 1 pound but I couldn’t help it. Maybe next time she will make the stop at your house first. Congrats on the .6.

Tracey – I am so sorry you have had a gain. You have to make sure you come here and post as often as you can. It really helps. These girls are what keep me going and I am so willing to help anyone I can.

Ok one more thing from me and I will cut out of here. Did anyone know that Pizza Hut has a low fat and a low carb menu? I had their Low Fat Chicken Supreme Pizza today for lunch and it was so yummy. At only 4 grams of fat per a slice it is definitely something I can work into my week and not feel guilty. Of course I still only had 2 slices, 4 fat grams is way better than the normal 20 but still adds up.

Well girls, Check back later. Lets all be losers today.
RRVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote