Old 04-07-2006, 12:11 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Yes! We are all winners.....or would you perfer Losers!(since we all lost a few lbs!)
OK g'night again! lol!
W.
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:13 AM   #182  

Height: 5'8.5"

Oh good point, Wendy... this is ONE game where I don't MIND being the biggest loser LOL
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 07:18 AM   #183  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

to everyone just joining! We're going to have such fun!

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

Feeling great today and was able to stick with it yesterday and get my points back up Dinner was yummy! I have a question though-Sweet potato fries-we basically just cut them up and throw them on a cookie sheet and bake flipping once. They never get crispy. They taste yummy, but sometimes I'd like them to be crispy. Anyone know how to do that?

I'm working out here doing TurboJam in just a few. Have a hair appointment (coloring touchup) early so need to get done exercising so I can enjoy the salon do. Its raining here today I really need to get to the batting cage and was hoping to go today. Softball season starts in less than a month and I haven't touched a ball/bat since August. I know that my weight change is going to change my swing and need to get it figured out before the first game. Maybe tomorrow.

Rosario-How did you do yesterday? Dont make me bring out Mr. Drill Seargent. He goes a little overboard sometimes Hope ya did it yesterday, and if you didn't, today is a brand new start!!

OK, time to sweat! I'll check in later. Have a great Friday.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:17 AM   #184  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL Rosario, better watch out! Here comes Brandy, and she is practicing using that baseball bat!!

Brandy I too would like to know if there is a way to get sweet potato fries crispy! I do spray mine with cooking spray before I bake but they still don't get crispy.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:57 AM   #185  
Fat-be-gone

good morning!!

last night was great and a success. i was on the treadmill for 40 minutes walking/jogging. then when i got home, played tennis for an hour with the bf. other than the 10 oreos that I ate, I think i did pretty good....compared to how I've been doing so far in the week. now all i have to do is get my SI6 workout in, no bad snacks and I'll be really good!!

Brandy-thanks for that extra push....i really needed that. i love the batting cages. i need to find some around here so I can go...too bad i'm afraid of the ball and not so good in softball lol when i cook my potatos in the oven I put olive oil on them and they come out a little crispy....but i don't kow about sweet potatoes.

i hope everyone does really great today and is pumped up for our new game on Monday. I know I am. have a good one gals!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:15 AM   #186  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Morring all!!!!!!
I got back on the treadmill last night it was great. Not as hard as I though it was going to be. The car will go in the shop on Monday so soon I will have a new car!!!! the whole front end will have to be replaced so It will look new....lol I hope they wash it lol It needs it bad!!!!

I will walk another 2miles today and eat the right things. I weighed this morrin and I had a loss but I will not post it till Sunday. I dont want to jinks myself...

Have a good day all...
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #187  
Keep going Keep going

S/C/G: 240/191.5/150

to the newbies

And how is everyone doing? Yesterday my me day was awesome and relaxing.
Even finished it with kickboxing class.

Well I have enterd a Competition weight loss thing here with I think last I knew of 14 people were in it and the way it works who ever loses the most % of fat wins and the people who lost have to dish out $2 every % they lost with the max being 40 dollars in six weeks thats a whole new wardrobe. And I needed something to get me going again. so starting Monday it begins weighing 2 times in the middle to see progress. I am excited this is the push I needed and I have another one with my honey sister and thats 50 dollars. So I have to lose this weight or I have to dish out 90 dollars and I am not going to. So I am trying my butt off.

Huh the weekend is here I am glad because I don't have to work but hate it because I tend to binge. But I can't and refuse to let it get to me. When I feel like it's comeing on I am going to do something else to forget. Well girls have a great weekend.

Oh and I am ready for Game 3 this game will help me out alot and has helped me out alot
NikM789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #188  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

RE: sweet potato fries

I've never made fries at home, so I don't really know this from experience. Anyway, a couple days ago I was watching the Food Network and there was a guy on there making his own fries (regular potatoes). He peeled them, then threw them in a big ole bowl of water and swirled them around a little. Then he took them out one at a time and cut them, throwing the pieces back in the water and swirling them again. He said it helped take out some of the starch that causes the fries to not get crisp. After that, he threw them on a paper towel to drain, putting another paper towel on top to make sure he got most of the water and starch off the top. He said that when baking your fries, you want to make sure that they're not touching (well, as much as possible), because if they're touching, they're going to steam each other instead of baking (and we all know what steaming does!). He added a little olive oil on top, but I'm sure you could spray them with PAM or something and it would turn out just as well.

I don't know if that'll work with sweet potatoes, but I thought I'd share anyway
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #189  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Sweetpotatoe fires are soooooooooooo gooooooooooooddddddddddd I have tried them and I tell you they are great.
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:47 AM   #190  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

wow....busy morning!! Hi everyone, just a quickie to say hi.....sounds like everyone is BACK TO BUSINESS!!! YEAH.....!!!!!

Gotta run.....need to pick up my race bib and info pack!! (woohooo)...meet dh for lunch (how nice) and then boot it back to finish off the set design for 3:30!!! ...pick youngest ds up from bustop 4:30...then return to school to get my drama ds at 5pm. Any extra time in there? don't thinks so!!! good thing I've already been to the gym, did 2 loads of laundry and picked up 4 bags of groceries!!! phew....CALGON TAKE ME AWAY........
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:56 AM   #191  
used to be tofat

Hi guys-Just got back from the salon. Had to take a pic and change my avator. Usually my hair is STRAIGHT, but we've been experimenting on how best to blow it out curly. Of course she does it much better than I do.

I'm off to town to run errands. Hubby broke his bike tire and has a duathalon on Sunday so I'm off to the bike shop to see if they'll fix it since he's been working over time and I'd really like to spend the evening together without him working to fix his bike.

Thanks for the suggestion on the fries. May try the cold water thing next. Be back later!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #192  
Fat-be-gone

brandy-i really like the hair
Old 04-07-2006, 12:57 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Howdy! Well, I got notice in the mail that I have to go to court on April 26! And now I'm a freakin' mess!
I guess I'll put the stress and anxiety toward's my workouts! Won't hurt to look good in court either and let the jerk see what he gave up! Although I'm glad he's gone! That's for sure! lol!

I came to the decision to hold off on the exercise/diet for the weekend and just re-energise/re-focus myself. mentally, emotionally and physically.This is something I really have to do. I'm just going to enjoy the weekend and come back full force on Monday!! I'm still going to behave food wise so no binge sessions for me!

Hope you all have a great weekend! Catch ya later!
W.

Last edited by Wide in Winnipeg; 04-07-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:23 PM   #194  
used to be tofat

I'm back!

Rosario-I'm so happy that yesterday went so well for you! Hope we both can stay on track over the weekend. I have another girls night scheduled. This time at a comedy club/dinner with free cocktails. That is gonna be hard to get through without losing it completely.

Wendy-have a great weekend. Hope things come into focus, etc. I know you'll do your best wherever Ryan is concerned.

Angel-eyes-GOOD LUCK!!!!!

OK, off to see what kind of trouble I can scrounge up. See ya!
Old 04-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #195  
Fat-be-gone

angel eyes-good luck on your 5k. i know you'll do awesome!!

wendy-relax.relax.relax. you deserve it

tofat-girls nite out sounds like fun. to bad all my girlfriends and girl cousins are all on the other side of the US. have fun for me, will ya??

i am so ehxausted. don't know what's up with me. hope everyone is ready for the new game. i am psyched!!!

everyone...have a great weekend!!!