Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 07:50 AM   #436  

come on girls it's been two day and not a word from any one ????????
I have been doing ok with the eating but am sooooooooooooooo tired at night that I have done no walking.
Well I wish you all good luck and say good night.
butter ball no more (Karen)
Old 07-15-2006, 09:54 AM   #437  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

I'm about

Been off sick the last week...just the flu, but WOW did it knock me for six!!!

On the mend now, just feel exhausted more than anything else.

Diet-wise, I have been good I think. Kinda helped being sick and off my food too Will know for sure on Monday!

Hope all else are doing fine and staying warm!!
Old 07-16-2006, 07:54 PM   #438  

Down 2kgs this week - YAY!!!

3 to go in the 5kg race! How goes everyone else???

Old 07-21-2006, 12:42 AM   #439  

A new job is **** on the diet!!!

I reckon that 2kg I lost last week is back on and then add some more for good luck

It's sooo quiet here

Where is everyone????
Old 07-23-2006, 07:27 PM   #440  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

Well I put 2 kgs on!!! and I was being strict with myself. But they are coming off now. So somehow I've managed to end up with 7kgs to lose. Sigh. I'm tired too, very tired lately. I want to head back to bed and have a nap, but have to make a phonecall in an hour with a job lead.

Back to school tonite. Sorry I haven't been about.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:35 PM   #441  
It's ME!

I'm back after quite a few weeks absent. I dived head first off the wagon and watched as it rolled down the hill.

I don't know what happened to make me give up but I did. I'm so scared to weigh myself because I know I've put on the few kilos that I did lose and probably a few more as well.

I'm sitting here and I can feel that my work uniform is getting tight on me. It's a size 20. I feel disgusting.

So here I am, back at the place that seems to be able to inspire me to make a change. I WILL go back to the gym tonight and I WILL start this journey again. I'm just so mad with myself for letting all my hard work go completely to waste

I'm feeling so emotionally low at the moment, it's hard to find the energy to start this fight but I really want to try.

Thanks for reading if you did
Old 07-25-2006, 08:05 AM   #442  
Aussie Chick

Up, down up down up down, 2kgs. Sigh. Up to 90 this morning, not good! TOM is here me thinks.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #443  

LittleKiwi, Kathy

I think we have all taken a fall in our progress...I am assuming that is why things have kinda slowed down here? It is hard to remain positive knowing that we have to admit that we have failed ourselves some what. I am standing by you too. I have come right off the wagon too. I even have to confess to some uncontrolled binging (Ugh!!!). It was my intent to get back in control on Monday...I never even lasted the day!! Tuesday was worse than Monday and Wednesday worse than Tuesday.

I am scared that I am going to struggle to regain control in the next few weeks. I start a new job very soon. Never worked in the position before. Have studied hard for it...but the study does not reflect the real job at all well. I had a trial run last Friday, I'm not sure I went too well

With the new job comes a pay drop too. But it is a career move so I have to give it a shot...if successful, in the long run it will secure my future, but unfortunately I have to start from the bottom.

So lots of stress to fuel the need for comfort food

Back on topic...

I'd like to see a few more of us back in the battle again. Together we seemed to motivate each other. I need those positive vibes again.

I am going to try and post something here daily from now on...hopefully it will be positive. If it can't be positive...then this will be my place to vent.

It would be great to read other posts more often too.

Lets get this thread and our weight moving in the right direction again!!!

Lets win this!!!

Supportive hugs to all

PS: Kathy? Please explain TOM??
Old 07-25-2006, 06:09 PM   #444  
It's ME!

I think that what we all need to do is to NOT beat ourselves up for jumping off the wagon ... we need to just get back on and get on with it.

I did a big food shop last night and have prepared lots of yummy healthy food for my lunches but exercise is still a battle for me. Last night I did some gentle pilates which I guess is better than nothing. I have a gym membership and I enjoy it when I'm there but I just can't seem to push myself to go to the gym in the first place.

I think for the next week, I'll focus on my food and make sure that I'm putting in 100% effort there.

Thanks for your support Lindor, it means a lot. You can do it too! I'm sure you'll be great in your new job but like with anything, it will take a while to adjust to the change.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:37 PM   #445  
It's ME!

I think that what we all need to do is to NOT beat ourselves up for jumping off the wagon ... we need to get back on and get on with it.

I did a big food shop last night and have prepared lots of yummy healthy food for my lunches. Food usually isn't too much of a problem but exercise is a huge battle for me. I've gone from being a gym junkie to a person who will come up with any excuse not to go.

Last night I did some gentle pilates which I guess is better than nothing. I have a gym membership and I enjoy it when I'm there but I just can't seem to push myself to go to the gym in the first place.

I think for the next week, I'll focus on my food and make sure that I'm putting in 100% effort there.

Thanks for your support Lindor, it means a lot. You can do it too! I'm sure you'll be great in your new job but like with anything, it will take a while to adjust to the change.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:04 PM   #446  
leeny

S/C/G: 142/85/66

Hi all...long time no posting

Well I have had sick kids, sick husband so I have been the nurse for everyone for a while and have had no time for chatting...sorry all. I still have my youngest at home today but thought you might have all forgotten about me so I though I'd best post my progress and check out all yours...

Yes Lindor you are right....we have all fallen off the wagon for whatever reason and I think the winter months we find it hard to get back on. I know I do. I would love to post daily but just do not get the time. I do love our little chat we have developed and love reading so I will try my best to give support to all as you do me.

Well my diet is great at the moment...I think when I am too busy I just don't thinks about it too much and just eat right. I also have my big goal looming up too quickly....my tummy tuck is now only 19 weeks away and I want to be at least 15kg lighter. My plastic surgeon(whom I visited with last week) told me the op would be much safer with me being thinner...so now the battle is more of a medical one and that is "sticking" in my head. Maybe we should all think like that....carrying extra weight is not good for my health so I have to lose my weight plus summer will be here before we know it and swimmers do no look good on me at the moment.

Good luck Lindor with your new job...new job, new start, new you...how exciting. Kathy just keeep remembering about your sisters wedding..that may help you stay straight. Little Kiwi...you can do it I know...it is a hard battle but someday we will all be thin and look back on this site and smile

WEll I am 1.8kg down on our little comp. with Thursday being another week gone....I feel thinner so heres hoping..

Keep on going girls...it will be worth it....xxxxleeny
Old 07-26-2006, 11:03 AM   #447  

Well I said I was going to try and post every day. So what have I got to say about myself and my diet today?? Lets see???

I am a fat pig who has no control!!!

Yeah, I think that pretty much sums today up!

To try and stay positive I will add this (which is something we all say)...

Tomorrow is a new day. Fingers crossed right?

Been probably the worse day I've had since starting this weight-loss thing. 500g bag Doritos, a jar of Salsa dip, a thick slice of steak, a kitkat, a packet of Tim Tams to name a FEW things that I have consumed TODAY!!!

I am sure this is all due to my new job. I got my start date today...six weeks time - Sept 15. I can't understand why it scares me so much? I want the job, I want the change, I want the challenge. I have done the course, the exam...I passed - 95%. It should all just fall into place for me. But I was soooo convinced I had failed my exam when I walked out of it. Right now I just feel I fluked the whole thing...I feel like I must have cheated to get that result. I don't feel I have what I learned in the course in my head. I am scared I am going to make a fool of myself in the new job. I feel pathetic feeling like this, trying to convince myself it is 'new job nerves'. But I can't shake this anxiety about it all. I have started new jobs before...never have I felt this much anxiety!

Behind all those feelings, I also have the worry of a pay drop. I am prepared to take that with a carreer move - which is what this is. But I can't help but worry about the added pressure that is going to put on me. There are underlying issues that make this pressure quite heavy too

I hate feeling like this. It really is dragging me down. And when on a down...feeling depressed about the poor progress of my weight-loss just drags me down further. And the further down I go the easier it is to reach for food for comfort. A horrid cycle that is hard to break!!!

But I must break it!!!

I walked out of work this afternoon with my shopping list in my head...I had already made up my mind that I was going to have a bad evening, I just wanted to enjoy it with all the bad stuff. You know how it is..."one last pig out then back on the diet"

As I walked out of the office, I bumped in to a colleage who works in the next block of offices. Usually we just glimpse each other long enough to say 'hi'. Today when she saw me she said she had to take a second look at me!! She told me I look fantastic!! A similar thing happened yesterday. One of the managers had to step back and look at me. Because I usually sit behind a desk these people hadn't really noticed my weight-loss before. But because they both saw the full me...they noticed.

Someone who noticed my weight-loss a while ago commented that my new, smaller clothes are even looking big on me!!

I used to feel good about those sorts of comments. Now when I get them I think to myself that I just feel fat and ugly! I am failing and they are going to notice it soon. What happened to the motivation I used to get by these comments????

I want back on track...I want to win the fight. But I can't seem to find the strength anymore

How can I lose 25kgs, drift off the track and not be able to find the track again to get back on???

Why I am I so weak all of a sudden?

I don't know

TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY!!!

New beginning...fresh start!

On that positive note I'll sign off for tonight...sorry for the miserable post

PS: Leeny! Good to hear from you
Old 07-26-2006, 08:10 PM   #448  
leeny

S/C/G: 142/85/66

Lindor huney....
Do you feel better for venting....i hope so and i hope you know that all those feelings of anxiety are perfectly normal and puts you in good stead for the job ahead. Just imagine if you felt so confident and self assured and walzed into the new job and well found it difficult you would be so "pissed off" with yourself...this way when you find the job OK you will say"what was I so worried about"???Does that make sense???What I am trying to say is that you know you can do the job, you passed your exams(95% fantastically), you look fantastic and must feel 100% better for being thinner...imagine how you might have felt in your new job 30kg fatter(more yuk).....So the moral of my story is that you are great and you will see that you will be...I know......you wanna know the reason that I know???(no I am not a pshycic???)

You see when we started our weight loss journey back in January when we where all inspired that this was the year we Will Be Thin...motivation high...met new friends and found our new chat site I compared my weight to everyone elses...I didn't want to be the fattest. WEll I wasn't as I had already started my journey ages before you guys and well on my way to losing my last 15kgs or so. I said to myself....those poor girls are bigger than me but they are doing the right thing in starting this journey. Well I watched your weight come down every week(bar only a few) and was amazed at your success. The rest of us well we have all gone up, down, up, down etc etc.You now weigh less than me...I am officially jealous.... You are the true star and should be so proud of yourself I am about the same weight as when I started back in January...so who is the one who is pathetic????Not you!!!!!!!!!!

So Lindor, you are an inspiration and you are fantastic and this makes me believe that you can win your weight loss journey as you do great in whatever you seem to set your mind to...so the job...Welll....piece of cake...pardon the pun

I hope this story helps.....you have always been here for us..I will for you....xxxxleeny
Old 07-27-2006, 06:23 AM   #449  
Aussie Chick

For me its definatly hormonal. TOM is here with a vengence and I'm gathering thats what is accounting for the weight gain. I've been trying hard not to carb out. But I did tonite on cream biscuits. erk. Tomorrow is another day.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:22 AM   #450  

Ahhh...now I have worked TOM out!! Gawd I am dumb!!!

I think I have the same problem there too Kathy. I tend to eat big (or definately crave big) when TOM is due. I think that is also somewhat responsible for my downward spiral these last few days or so.

Leeny, thanks for understanding. What you say is most likely true and will probably be the case...but I can't seem to convince my mind of that! I had a practice day with the new job last Friday...I didn't think I did too well. I was told I just lack experience - which I do. I made mistakes yes, but maybe it just feels like more than there were?? I was learning so much new stuff the day is actually a blur now.

Normally my attitude to a new job is 'I can only give it my best and if that isn't good enough then I find another job.' I think because this new job is such an important one for me, something that is going to kinda secure a future for me, I know I can't go in there with that 'whatever' attitude. I want to be successful with this job, if I am not then I let myself down.

Anyway! Diet-wise today...

Better than yesterday!! Which is good...but surely not that hard as yesterday was BAAAAADDD!!!

I haven't eaten 'good', I'll admit to that. But I haven't over indulged either. Been a busy day at work today (my rostered day off too mind you!!!) and just never had the time to stop long enough!

I have concluded that this week is a write off, just like last week. I will officially restart again on Monday. But I will work on a little control for the rest of this week. I have been invited out to lunch tomorrow...lets see if I can behave there

I received another comment on my weight-loss today too. Again I couldn't accept it comfortably because I am sure I have put a few kilos on these last couple of weeks!!

So they are my thoughts and opinions for today...better than yesterday maybe??

Will post again tomorrow
Closed Thread