Old 01-29-2006, 08:47 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Hi Susan and thanks for the welcome! Someone else who has a Monday Off!! WooHOo I thought I was the only person on the Planet that had Mondays off.

MMarie!! I LOVE THAT SWEATER!! Now if only it ws for someone 5'10 I'd buy it in a second!! How much for one my size??? I can't knit worth a chit...But I can crochet like crazy. Still working on an afghan from 3 years ago..so don't feel bad about being slow anyone! I am the Queen of Knitting/Crocheting Procrastination!!

I see all you doing a WATP...is that Walk Around The Park? I'm going to be brave and walk TO and FROM work every day this week. That should put me at about 20 miles for the week!!

I don't even want to think of what I will weighin at tomorrow. ICk...

Bette...I'm not a 2lb a week person either..it's either like 1lb or less a week or nothing for a long time then like 5lbs in 2 days...don't know why.

See everyone tomorrow!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:48 AM   #32  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi can i jump in and join you all????
I've followed HotSplashes over from the SAA thread.
I do qualify though...bieng 42 this year and I love to walk (when the mood takes me). My yorkshire terrier puppy loves a WATP daily..good thing about yorkies is, they only have little legs and don't want to walk too far lol!!

MMarie - that sweater is fantastic, i wish i was that cleaver...i do have the skill but not the patience to finish anything. Is it still available??? I'm 5ft 1 1/2" and a L XS so maybe it's got my name on it???

I have monday and tueday off this week which is a novelty for me...I'm a support worker in school and the little boy i provide care for is off school with a heavy cold...which means i get to stay at home...every cloud and all that!

Here's to getting to know you all better!

Tulip
~x~
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:46 AM   #33  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Tulip, I'm so excited someone will be able to use the sweater!!!!! Please PM me your address and I'll send it to you. BTW, I love tulips so it's definitely got your name on it.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:06 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I did not have my Monday off. I got called in at 6 am!
So the eating thing is still awful and I still feel awful and now I'm not off until Wednesday. Whine, whine, whine
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:06 PM   #35  

A match made in Heaven!Lol Tulip and Mmarie's Sweater! It's Fate! Gees I hear music from an old Hollywood Musical wanting to play!lol

Did ALOT of walking to day besides the dogs. It was nearly 60 again and I actually saw dandilions poking up flowers and all..this is just SO NOT a canadian winter! I know we're going to get hit in February...I JUST feel it.

Need to up the water intake today. FOod is good Exercise great...

See everyone later!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:07 PM   #36  

Hehehe good timing susan....We posted at the same time. Hope you are feeling better!!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:44 PM   #37  

hi all, Welcome hotsplashes, in the niagra region. We lived in kingston for 6 years, all my side of the families relatives are in Leamington and we lived in kitchener for 1 year so know the areas well.
Anyway dh has been busy with puter, updating etc. then Thurs we got a new satelite tv reciever so this one had to go on the puter so I havent had much time on. Fri and sat spent all day in city and now was in again today and now need to get some work done. I start work again on feb 1.
well not doing great in weight site up about 4 lbs. I MUST somehow get this under my belt, only one I am hurting and letting down in myself but just dont seem to be able to stick to it. walking is good but thats about it. thanks Karla for the walking site, i was reading what all I missed. so will try to get to that site and see whats up. I just dont have time for the 4 sites that I go to all the time.
anyway not much more new, kids were out the weekend. say a prayer for my ds, he is 6'2 and 142 lbs. from his crohns disease!!! his 5' wife is 121!!! oh walking skeleton i hate seeing him but of course want to see him. i worry so about him but not much more we can do. hope for a cure... well better go as i really do want to check that walking site out. thanks
cya sooner this time I hope!!
fit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:10 PM   #38  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, happy Monday to you all. I did have the day off, Susan and thought of you. Sorry you had to go to work. At least you get $$$$ for it.

I spent the day knitting another sweater. I machine knit aqnd it can go pretty fast. I spent all day yesterday and half of today working on it. All of the pieces are knit except the front button bands. Why did I stop you might ask??? Ran out of yarn. I live in the middle of nowhere so I had to order more. Luckily I found some since I went to the manufacturers page and it had been discontinued. I went through all my yarn and ordered more of each one of them. This isn't the first time I didn't buy enough. So now I have to wait a few days. Since I'm impatient, I did pay for 2nd day air. Hopefully I will have a pretty new pink sweater (that will hopefully fit) next weekend.

Well, everyone take care. Fit4me, I can definitely relate to what you're saying aboutg getting control of the eating. i'm only hurting me, but it doesn't seem to stop me. If you have any great ideas how to solve this, let me know.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:37 PM   #39  
kjkas10

Hi All

I am very excited and very pleased with myself. I am down 4 pounds. Go figure. All I do is eat every 2 to 3 hours, and exercize (gazell) 10 minutes in the morning (1 mile) and 12 minutes at night (1 1/2 mile) As you can probably tell I am a little excited. As you can tell I am usually a very very slow looser (20 pound goal for 06) I guess I have found the right food combos for me and eating all the time.

TulipFairy & Hotsplashes glad you are aboard

Welcone back Marlene

fit4me I hope your son is doing ok. Thats a hard life for your son. Ill keep him in my prayers. Stay positive. I know you can do this. Just find what works for you.

Betty K I am so jealous of you dinner yesterday, wes your venison good?

Marie what a great sweater!

Susan B hope you start feeling better. I tough when you have to work so much.

I talked to Dee last night. She is trying to get over to the new thread.

One final thought. Question, is anyone one have any idea's for toning your stomach? Something that dosnt kill your back?

Glad to see all the chatter. I was getting a little discuraged the other day. Hope you all have a good evening and a good tuesday.

Karla
kjkas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:54 PM   #40  

Hey I made the move...I see I have a lot of reading/catching up to do.

Are we still doing Monday morning weigh in? I actually lost ONE pound, I figured I was going to be the same...however, I did drop one pound, YEAH!

Anyway, I made it here, I will read to catch-up and then post again tomorrow.

Karla~ You are doing so well with your weight loss - KEEP up the great work, and don't stop what you are doing!
Dee2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:38 PM   #41  

Hey All,
Don't have much time but wanted to check in. Still doing WATP each morning. Eating is good. Hope to see more pounds gone this Fri.

Karla: That's what I do, eat every 3 hrs. I eat 1 protein, 1 carb, fruits and veggies. For my meals and then I have a couple of snacks. It's working really well for me so far. Congrats on the 4 pounds gone. That's so great!!! Keep up the good work.

Dee: Congrats on your pound gone. Good Job. Glad you got over here.

Hotsplashes and Tulipfairy: Welcome, you'll love this thread.

Marie: you're so sweet to share your sweater with someone else. Hope this one turns out good for you. You'll be pretty in pink.

Fit4me: Glad you're back. I'm so sorry your son is going through this. My prayers are with him and you.

Susan: Whine all you want sweetie, we're here for you. Now, get yourself together and kick butt with the right eating and exercise. We're also here to kick each other's butt and stay on track!! With Love of course!!!

Gotta go, talk to ya later,
Rivergal
Rivergal60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:24 AM   #42  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Morning ladies!!

Thank you for the welcome....and thank you Mmarie for the offer of your lovely jumper!!!! I have just PM'd you...!

I can't hang around long as my dog is sat at the side of me whining for his WATP...he won't let me rest until we've been. I have another day off work, as little boy is still poorly. I am on a training course on wednesday so it's going to be a short week for me this week...only one more week until half term...whoohoo!!!

Oh got to go puppy is driving me nuts! I'll try to call in again later!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:40 AM   #43  

Hello Laides...

just jumping on quick. Congrats to all the losers!! I haven't gained. So I'm happy with yesterday's weighin.

On my way to work so have a lovely day and see everyone tomorrow!
Old 01-31-2006, 04:21 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm home! And I'm off for three days!!!
Yessir Miss Rivergal! I promise to do better tomorrow.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:02 PM   #45  

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts yet...but I have to tell you all, I have been a slacker with my exercise For some reason I haven't got motivated in that area yet.

On the good side though, I believe I definitly am NOT eating as much or as bad as I used to be. Hubby had some tests to take today, and we went out to lunch - I can normally put away my lunch - but today, I had to take most of it home with me in a doggy bag I felt so full! Even at supper, small amount, then I felt full as much earlier than usual.

If I would do a bit of exercise I know that more weight would come off faster, I will work on myself to do the right thing.

MMarie - WOW, you knit sweaters!!! I can kinda knit a scarf - but then it is not the best looking thing you know.

I have to say "GO STEELERS" - sorry guys, can't help myself You know the big game is just a few days away!!

Karla~ I used to sit in a rocking chair and rock - on the up side of rocking I would do a stomach crunch...mainly just tighted up your abs when you crunch downward too. I think you could do that even in a chair.

Gotta Run-
Dee2121 is offline   Reply With Quote