Old 01-26-2006, 01:45 AM   #46  

I really don't mind buying the gifts. God knows I am NOT rich. All my money goes into my gas tank these days. I'm one of those "taxi" moms. I think I'll start charging a small fee...LOL..... But if you girls really want to help out and take turns, I'm all for it! We can start on the first of February...I'll take the first month. Everyone needs to keep track of their own points...remember: 1 point for each successful challenge day, 1 point for each weigh in week, 1 point for each pound lost. I think that's all???

Tomorrow, I am going treadmill shopping!!!!! It seems everywhere I went today, I saw a treadmill. So I decided it was time to get one. I am starting to bore myself to death with DDR, simple pilates, and simple areobics. I need a "boredom breaker." I hope to find a light weight, wide walking area and inexpensive one!

Has anyone tried that new "weight control" Quaker instant oatmeal yet??? I bought the cinnamon one and I really like it!!!! Tomorrow I really need to go shopping so I am going to see what other flavors they have. It's expensive but my kids won't touch instant oatmeal...it has to be cooked on the stove and out of the container..picky, picky kids. I think I paid like $4.99 for 12 envies...that's expensive!!!!! But I don't eat it everyday and there's 12 days worth so I should have it for at least 3 weeks in my cupboard.

Yeah, I really like the frosted grapes too! Sometimes my kids just like them plain frozen They like frozen watermelon cubes also. I put some into the blender last summer and it was like a slushie!!!! Very cooling drink for a very warm day.

My son surprised me with take-out food...PIZZA!! I told him, "You know I can't have cheese." He handed me this mini sized pizza and I opened it...it was a veggie pizza with no cheese!!!!! I cried. It was like 4-5 inches round and 4 tiny slices...so I figured it was 2 small slices. It's so great to know that you have a teenager in your house that really has faith in what you're trying to do. I LOVE him!!!!

I have noticed I haven't drank hardly any water in the last 4 days. I really don't understand. I have never had a problem drinking it before. Now it's like, "Do I really have too?" But I haven't drank sodas or juice lately so I don't know what's going on. There's the flu going around and I hope I don't get it!!!! Don't want it, don't need it. Tomorrow I will have to fill my water jug and drink to my hearts content!

Okay, my husband did a real "crappy" thing to me today. He went to the bank, er, credit union, and he took out the money I was saving up...$1,200.00!!!!!!!!!!! I asked him why he took out the money. His reply, " It's my money. I can do whatever I want with it." I told him "No, it's my money and I am the one who has been saving it." He then told me next time not to save it in our joint savings account. What an A**!!!! He went out and bought himself a PS2, a 20' flat screen tv, and a salmon fishing pole. I could have screamed!!! I was saving that money to send my daughter to California for 1 month when school got out. Her best friend moved there 2 years ago and we had it all planned out. Now it's going to take me another year to save that much!!! Darn! MEN! That's all I can say about them. By the way, this isn't the first time he's done this. My son told me to go by a small fire-lock box and put my money in that. So I bought one tonight. It's super heavy for such a little thing. I'm determined to get that money saved again!!!

Well ladies, I got to go........................... It's 10:41pm and I need to get up in 5 hours. Take care and stay strong!!!! Together we can do it; together we will make it!

Love ya' all!
Gloria
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 03:52 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 319/307/145

Height: 5'8"

Thank you everyone for your kind words. It means a lot to me.

Guess what! I'm sick again. GRRRRRRRRR!
Around Christmas time, I had bronchitis and it recently went away.
Now, I got a cold that my brother had. This just sucks!

I wanted to be honest with you guys and tell you that I have
fallen off the wagon for obviously reasons. My body doesn't want
to lose weight and now I am sick. However, I want to get back on!
I just don't know how I will find the will power to do it.

I hope all of you are well and doing great with your losses!

Softykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:56 PM   #48  

Hi all!

Gloria- how wonderful of your son to think of you like that...that is one amazing teen! Sorry about what your hubby did...that stinks big time. I wish I had some great advice...but I don't. I can only offer my empathy.

Kristy- sorry to hear you are sick again! I have been battling a cold on and off for a few weeks now too...it's the pits! You can do this...don't let this slump get ya down...you can certainly make progress from here on! So glad you are back with us!

Hope everyone has a fantastic friday! This weekend is busy, busy for me...so I may not be able to visit back here until Monday...I am hoping the scale budges then as its my next weigh in!
Dakotasweett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:02 PM   #49  
WileyB

Oh Kristy...I am so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. I do hope that you shake that cold and get better very soon. I know what you mean by your body not wanting to "eat right" when your sick...I'm the same way, and that's ok. Just try to get better soon, and then you can jump back on the wagon to eating right again. I'm drinking a giant Dr. Pepper right now...I think that it probably has enough sugar in it to kill someone whose allergic to it! I had a bad day with the baby, and no help from the daddy - he had to work late, and it was either a stiff drink or a Dr. Pepper, and the fast food place was on my way home, so I splurged....will pay for it, I know....

Gloria, I can't believe that your husband would do that to you. He should respect you more than that! He needs a good konk on the head if you ask me...maybe knock some sense into that ole' hard head of his. Bless their hearts, they just don't get it do they? Well, hopefully you can hide this next stash better and don't let on that you even have it. Maybe he will surprise you and give it back later?....by the way, good luck treadmill shopping!

Hope you all are doing well with the challenges, this sugar thing is kicking my you know what! Didn't realize that everything I eat has sugar in it!
WileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:25 AM   #50  

Smile

Well, I did get my treadmill today anyway! It's very nice...AND HEAVY!!! I had to assemble it and when I pluged it in, I got shocked. I forgot to screw in my ground wire to the metal side...I learned my lesson. I got on it and walked for almost 2 miles. It took me 43 minutes but I have to get use to it; break it in and me as well! The lady at the equipement place took a $100.00 off the original price! She told me someone ordered it and when it came in, decided she didn't want it. She had to sell it quick to get newer 2006 models in. So I got it for a very good deal.

Yeah, I have one of those husbands who go to work and decided since he works 40-50 hours, sometimes more a week, he doesn't have to do anything around the house and all the money in our JOINT account is his.......... It irks me but he does make good money. I put some money away already and my son..I have 4 boys, gave me $100.00 today to help out with trip to California for his sister. She was happy!!! I have good kids; they got it from me! LOL!!!

Kristy. Why don't you take a little breather and not worry about losing weight right now. You really need to get to feeling better. We will always be here for you. Please keep coming by and keep us all in touch to let us know how you been doing...okay? You are very beautiful and I am positive when your wedding day comes, you'll look AMAZING!!!! Please be good to yourself.

WileyB....Girl, step away from the DP!!!! LOL! I would rather have the soda instead of the drink too but do you know how much sugar is in a regular soda????? 16 teaspoons of sugar per 20oz.!!!!!!!! You're honest...I like my friends who are honest. Tomorrow, behave yourself! I mean it! Snack on a banana, some baby carrots or 1/4 cup of dried fruit/trail mix...that's trail mix minus the M&M's!!! Don't forget the water.... You know I care about you. So, If you grab another DP or any other soda, I will come over and we will walk, walk, WALK away the sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!! I hope I can afford the plane ticket! LOL!!

Hey Dakota!!!! I hear ya' when the word "BUSY" buzz's my ear! I have my 9 month old grandson all weekend starting tomorrow, we're going out of town on Saturday, plus, with all the wet, wild weather we've been having, I found mushrooms growing in my van!!!!! All the moisture from everyone going in & out with their wet, muddy feet (we live on a farm) has made a crop full of them! I got to go "pick" them. LOL!!! EEEwwwwww!!!! My van isn't an old clunker either...it's a '96 and in almost perfect condition.

Well my "peeps", I got to go to bed... Everyone is gone today....don't know where they all are. But I am glad to see at least 3 of you here! Take care and hopefully tomorrow's weigh in, for some, will be a good one!

Hugs,
Gloria
Old 01-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #51  
WileyB

Gloria, way to go on the treadmill deal! Sounds like a good bargain. You have the most amazing kids, and I know that you must be very proud of them. I can only hope that I am raising mine to be as thoughtful. We live in a really small town, and there is only one fast food place, and the only diet drink they have is diet Coke, which I can't stand! If they had diet DP, I would be a happy camper. I don't drink a lot of sodas, but I like to have one every now and then.

Tonight, my husband wants to go out and eat...probably Mexican food, which I love. The good thing is that I don't care for the chips and dip....I'm a little worried about how they prepare everything else. I always get fajita meat of some kind, and I think that is better than something loaded in sauce. Going to try and have a light lunch so tonight's meal won't "hurt" so bad.

I made me a vegetable tray with low fat dressing right there in the middle of the container...just like a party tray. I love it. I can go and snack anytime I want because it is already fixed and ready for me. Should have thought of this way before now. Wonder if I can fix a dessert tray?????? Well, it dosen't hurt to think about it anyway!

Well, I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend...ya'll be good!
WileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:43 AM   #52  

Hiya ladies...what a day yesterday was! Work was CRAZY and after getting home at 4am this morning, 8 o'clock came quick!! So, I am basically a walking zombie today. Forgive me if none of this makes sense!

Aw Kristy honey, I am with the others, sounds like you need to take a breather and regroup here. Your health is most important and you cant lose weight and get healthy if you keep getting sick. Please keep in touch....we miss you being around.

Gloria....what is with men?! I just dont understand them at all. My hubby does the same thing about taking money and spending it on ******ed things. Not at much as your hubby took (I might have killed for that!! He would be in the doghouse for months as far as I'm concerned). Its like they just dont think about things. Anyone get the whole drop the clothes inches from the hamper on the floor?! Thats my number 1 pet peeve and he still does it every single day regardless of how much I piss and moan about it. Like he blocks me out or something.

Congrats on the wicked deal on the treadmill!! I love discounts!!! Way to go with the 2 miles, you will slowly start to speed up, thats a great start!

Vanessa, we had a student nurse last night at work and I was thinking about you. She was a tool (not that you are)!! Not sure really how far shes going to make it but she was trying at least. I was thinking, jeez I hope my Vanessa makes a better student!! Of course, I am sure I was like that at one point to....I shouldnt talk. lol, but she was kinda slow. (she came to me for help with a catheter so I went to observe her, and she didnt know how to pull back foreskin WHOOPS) Sorry if that was TMI for everyone else. I'm done now. Keep up the hard work in school hon and of course keep up the hard work with this weight loss journey.

Today was my weigh in day. I'm down 4.5 pounds this week. Yippie skippy. Tonight my bestfriend is coming in to town for the weekend. Tonight is Mexican (must be mexican food night) and lots and lots of margaritas. So maybe I should say I only lost 2.5 pounds?! lol kidding

Take it easy ladies!!!
Hope all is well today with everyone!!!
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:49 PM   #53  
Fig

Hello on a Friday night! I'm turning in early as I have a long day tomorrow--I have my class from 9-4. No weight loss yet but I've stayed the same--steady at 140. If I got more exercise it would help, I know. I need something to rev up my metabolism, because I certainly don't eat very much! Kristy, be gentle with yourself and take a break. Eat healthy stuff, but don't be too rigid. Take time to heal and get well.
Fig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:16 PM   #54  
dgpebbles

well I'm only down 1lb this week..I figured it would be the same so I'm happy with the 1lb...I didn't get as much exercise in as I should have this week but I'm managing two stores right now and it's killing me...I'm ready to pull my hair out..

Gloria - Glad you found a treadmill...great job on your 2 miles...How do you like using it?

Morgan - great..4.5lbs is awesome

Kristy - sorry to here you are sick again...I agree with everyone else..just get plenty of rest right now...and get well soon
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 12:42 PM   #55  

Talking

Hi all!
I LOVE my tread mill but can't get on it until Sunday evening...I am watching my grandson and don't want anything to happen to him so yesterday I went MALL SHOPPING!! That's like a 20 mile walk!!! Well, it felt like it. My poor feet were throbbing sooo badly last night I ended up rubbing them with hand lotion for 1/2 hour.

Great loss Morgan! I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work. I weighed myself yesterday morning and still am at 183. I don't know what I am doing wrong...I don't think I am doing anything wrong. I do know I am losing inches around my waist because my clothes tell me. I haven't been exercising faithfully; that could be it. I have this horrible cold and my grandson has that "croopy" cough so I think my body is trying to tell me something. I'll have to work harder on my exercising. It is hard with a 9 month old running around. He goes back home Sunday night. Oh, my husband is an A** anyway so it doesn't matter what I say to him, he'll do what he wants. He only thinks of himself and what's best for him. I got tricked into marrying him...that's another chapter of my life...LOL! One of these days, I am going to tell you girls my life story.... It could possibly become a "movie of the week." LOL!!!

Fig, you and I are in the same boat. I am not worried about not losing, it's the gaining I'll worry about if that happens to me. Hopefully with all the healthy eating I have been doing will kick in soon. Keep on going though...we'll get to our goal!

A dessert tray....Hhhmmmmm. sounds good to me!!! I love Mexican food too. I try to stay away from the fried foods....but most places fry their food so I try to stick with a taco salad, or something with fresh veggies.....sometimes the resturants are willing to please their customers and go far & beyond their duty. I hope you enjoyed your night!

Well, I don't know if I can get back on tonight. My grandson is asleep and I am hoping he'll get to sleep around 7:30pm like he did last night. he slept until 7:30am!!!! 12 hour sleep!!!!! I wish I could do that.

Take care and I'll try to get back on tonight.

Hugs,
Gloria
Old 01-29-2006, 10:58 PM   #56  

Hello!!!! Where's everybody at???? I had an electricity problem today and couldn't get on my computer until a few minutes ago.

Well, I better go and check out the "newbies." I miss you gals!!! I don't know what's going on...maybe you're all busy, but please come back.

Hugs,
Gloria
Old 01-30-2006, 02:22 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 319/307/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello Mixed Nutters!

Just to let you know, starting tomorrow, I'm back in the saddle
again! I'm feeling MUCH better and I'm ready to lose again.

*hugs* again to you all for your support! I just love ya all!

LET'S DO THIS!
Softykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:03 AM   #58  
dgpebbles

Kristy---welcome back...we've missed you...you sound so motivated again....I can feel your energy...glad your back and ready to go..you are going to do great and your wedding is going to be wonderful...Have a great day and we are all looking forward to seeing you joining in with us again
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:06 PM   #59  

Well hola ladies! Long time no chat....seems like its been an eternity! What a crazy weekend I had....my bestfriend came down from the great North to visit me for the weekend, what a blast! We bought Kelsey her first swimsuit....its so damn cute! Check my profile, I put up a new picture of her in her suit and sunglasses. lol.

Glad to hear your back on the bus Kristy! Congrats! We will make this happen!!

So, I tried my first actual veggie burger today....and I loved it. I may end up going vegetarian, I'm loving the veggies lately! My hubby would die if I stopped eating meat lol. hmmmm, on second thought....lol kidding

Alright, I need to Dr. Phil it here and feed the baby. I will come visit again tonight, hope all is well!
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:57 PM   #60  
Fig

Welcome back, Kristy! You know, you inspire me. I admire your courage and determination. I just KNOW that you will succeed, so you hang in there, honey.

What is our challenge for this week? And where oh where is everybody?

As for me, I'm having some rough going. Having lots of pain from my arthritis and lots of headaches. And, I must confess, doing a lot of emotional eating. (mostly carbs--toast, chips, etc.) I've got to get out of this spiral. HELP, please!!! I'm just tired, lonely and depressed.

Well, time for meds, TV and bed. Goodnight and hugs. Marion
Fig is offline   Reply With Quote