Old 01-23-2006, 09:08 PM   #31  

LOVE IT....

Heading to watch 24... but wanted you know know... I went down 2.5 this week... I swear it was more, but I will take it AND I will have a jump start for next week...lol

Be back later!!

Toodles!!!
Deanna7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:52 PM   #32  

Hi all! I know I have been missing for a few days...it's been a rough week. I have also been in a slump. This fibromyalgia stuff is kicking my butt. I hurt everyday last week and today I can barely walk. Needless to say I didn't exercise the last 4 days. I am trying to focus on the fact that this is a new week and thus another chance to fight this weight loss battle. I am gonna try to at least do some situps and arm exercises since I can't stand up...I figure that's better than nothing. I did have my weigh in today and was 235 pounds (down 1/2 pound from last week). I am ok with this since I knew what a difficult week I had. I decided to buy some new exercise DVDs to start this week on a good note. I think they should arrive in about a week.

Well, I hope everyone has a better week. I am sorry to hear that so many of us had such a yucky time last week. Just remember we can do this!!!! Let's make this week a great one. I am reminding myself that I am in this for the long haul and one week won't make or break me!

Here's some hugs for everyone!
Dakotasweett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #33  

Okay, first of all..that was such a funny joke!! LOL!!! And what do you mean by "offending" us?? HUH?? If you can't make fun of yourself sometimes, then we must be a "prude." LOL!! I am always saying something silly about my flabby, "bread dough" belly. I need a tension breaker when I can get it.

I started using the 1# dumb bells....by the way, why are they called "dumb bells?" Anyway, I woke up this morning and my "wing" part of my arms hurt so much I couldn't lift up my 20 pound grandson this morning. LOL! But, I worked with them about an hour ago..also did DDR today for 50 minutes. Really needed to do that.

I hope everyone will start back into getting motivated. I have and I wish I could personally come over to your homes and workout with you all.

Keep moving girls, we shall beat this war on fat!!!!

Deanna, I am pm'ing you...pm me back please when you can.

Congrats on all who lost weight this week! Very ,very proud to be part of this group. I brag so much about you that I have alot of people asking me "what's the web addy?" LOL!! I hope they do come aboard.

Love you all!

Gloria
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:58 PM   #34  

This weeks challenge....No White Sugar....That means no white bread, no white flour and no sugar.

Sorry, I was so busy yesterday and today I just saw that I was assigned the challenge. So, you got one free day.

I lost a half pound last week. Not much but it's going down and that's what counts.

Now, I have to catch up on all of your posts.

Cat
ICANCHANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:46 AM   #35  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hello Mixed nuts,

Well this mixed nut is getting a full time job. I have been a stay at home mom for 8 years now. I am scared and excited all in one. My kids are heart broken. But we want to get a bigger house and on one income it is not working. I am going to be doing Medical records. So I will be on my feet alot. I am going to be trying to fit my life in a little bittie time frame. I am so used to being home and cleaning, cooking, laundry and exercising. Not going to be used to not getting all the things done. Well I would still like to be a mixed nut. But please don't be upset if you dont hear from me starting out. I will try my best to check in. I am just so excited and scared. Thanks for listening to me. Keep up the great work nuts! Talk to you later. I will let you know when I start my job.

Anske
anske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:54 AM   #36  

Anske...CONGRATS!! I sort of know how you are feeling right now. Although I wasnt out of work for 8 years, I was out for a year. Going back to work was such a scary thing for me. Not only was I used to having a clean house, dinner cooked and time to come and go as I pleased....I was used to being with my baby 24/7! Leaving her was the number 1 hardest thing for me to do. But....its good for you to have a life outside of home. Its good for you to have that social bit that you otherwise may not have had. A second paycheck means the difference between financial comfort and financial freedom. You will make an excellent working mother, I can just tell from what we know of you on this forum. For now, you just concentrate on getting things ironed out while you go from stay at home mommy to working mommy. You will be great! Keep your chin up and remember that now its time to change your focus a little bit but that it can be done! Let us know how you like it!!! Go buy yourself a pretty outfit for day one!

No white sugar? Ok, couple of questions....how do I know it has white sugar? For instance....yogurt? oatmeal? I already do whole wheat tortillas, splenda as a sweetner, and other similar things....should I assume that anything that has sugar in it is white sugar? Please let me know.....GREAT challenge btw! This one is gonna be tough!

Everyone is doing a great job....loss or no loss, your still making a life change here....it took us years to balloon to this weight, its going to take a while to keep it off! Chin up gals!

"I love to wake up the next morning after a workout feeling sore because I know I am getting healthier" ~ Mo Walker

Oh, I just did the Billy Blanks Abs bootcamp...woooowza. I thought I liked the workout until I was done it and now I feel like I pulled some ribs or something. lol. If I'm sore now, tomorrow morning I may not be able to stand up straight This was the inspiration for my BL quote of the day. MUAH chicas!
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #37  

anske... wow you talk about a challenge... heading back into the work world... I know what an upset to my shousehold it is when I go back after SUMMER...lol Best of luck, YOU'LL do wonderfully!!!

I am trying to get updated weights in... bear with me...lol

Gloria has an idea she will probably pitch... I think it is a great idea... You'll see here soon!!!

Talk a little later... Just got a NEW to ME mp3 player in the mail (LOVE EBAY)... gotta see how this bugger works...
Deanna7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #38  
dgpebbles

Hey Ladies..I've been really busy...right now I'm running two store untill they can get another store mgr in my old store..it's wearing me out...

Anske - congrats on the new job...You will adjust in no time..just have to find a routine that works...

I can't wait to hear Gloria's idea
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:58 PM   #39  

Cat, great challenge!!! I think what she's trying to say is to stay away from high carb foods/ refined sugar. Whole wheat bread is made from brown sugar...still not the best bread to eat unless you bake it yourself. Like I have the time to do that! LOL Oreo's, is filled with white sugar...that's a big "NO-NO" to all you Oreo fans!! One week is not going to make you go into "Oreo withdrawls." LOL! This is going to be a good challenge for me personally...I LOVE flour tortillo's and bagels. I better go to my fridge and have a "talk" with them. *sniff sniff*

anske, don't worry about us...Family should always come first. "Mixed Nuts" will always be here for you when you need us. Have fun and relax for goodness sakes!

Donna, sounds like your on the go. I used to manage 2 huge motels in 2 different towns.....it was too much for me and I decided to quit. But I do remember those days. You get some rest too. Don't get burnt out.

Morgan, I feel your pain girl! I have been doing 1# weights ( the pink hand held ones) for 3 days now. Who would of thunk that lifting weights that small could make your whole upper body feel like a giant bruise! But, I keep on cruising! I feel if I stop working with them, the pain will get worse. Plus I noticed this morning my upper arms feel a bit tighter. So I am hoping I'll have these firm arms within a couple months! Hang in there! Billy is a hard man to work with but he gets the job done!

Okay, I got this idea...well, I kind of stole the idea from another group but I think it'll be fun, uplifting and will get you motivated! For every pound you lose, you get 1 point. For everyday you have successfully did the challenge for the week, you get 1 point, For every week you weigh in, you get 1 point. Then at the end of the month, you can turn your points in and recieve a gift! For 50 points you get a small gift; for 75 points, you get a medium sized gift; for 100 points, 2 small & 1 medium gift. You can carry over your points into the next month. I know this can be done because I have seen it done. The points add up quickly so it should be a simple way to earn a "reward" for making the goals!

If you have any questions, just ask. Oh, the gifts are very nice....... When the time comes for shipping, I will need address. If you want to participate in this let me know. THIS IS AN OPTION! No one HAS to do this. I just thought this would be a fun way to get everyone back into a motivated spirit!

Okay, I better go check out the other forums and see what's happening tonight.

take care!

Gloria
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:40 PM   #40  

Anything sweetened with fruit or splenda is okay but things sweetened with sugar, high fructose corn syrup or corn syrup are out. White flour acts bascially like sugar in your body so, no white bread, white crackers, or other bake goods with white flour....just whole wheat. Most yogurt has added sugar unless it is plain or made with a sugar substitue.

Just do your best to reduce if it is hard to figure out. I did this for a while and actually felt much better. Lately, I have fallen off this wagon, hence this weeks challenge.

Good luck.

Cat
ICANCHANGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:06 AM   #41  

Gloria...sounds like a great way to get people on the bus! Couple of questions for you....how about financially, how are we going to help you with this? I dont think you should be responsible for purchasing these gifts alone. Should we all take turns? I would be completely ok with sending out gifts to everyone every couple of months. This reward system may get a little pricey if we accumulate more members? Right now, I think there is like 8 or 9 real members in our forum....could get a little out of control quickly once people catch on to our motivating system. I mean, we are the best group out there....they should all want to be in our group . Fill me in, and let me know if you want me to take over a month for you.

This challenge is going to be tough for me. I think I eat white sugar in most of the things I eat. Oatmeal? Yogurt? Those are my two main foods. I will pay closer attention to my nutrition labels and see what comes of this!

Off to a date with Mr. Blanks. Ek. Wish me luck.

"Life is to short to spend it overweight and miserable" ~Ryan Kelley
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 03:54 PM   #42  
WileyB

Gloria, I'm with Morgan on this money matter. I don't want anyone to have to be solely responsible for the gifts. Is there a way we can divide them up, and limit them to so much money so no one goes way overboard? We are on a pretty strict budget, but I would be happy to help if I could. Let me know what I can do.

I know this isn't the time to say this, seeing as how we are trying to omit the sugar right now, but I was reminded of something yesterday at the dollar store. For those of us who can't prohibit the use of chocolate in our diets, I have found a pretty low cal option. You probably already know this....around every holiday, a company called Melster, puts out a small package of chocolate covered marshmellow somethings, like now it is hearts. I know they are not a really healthy choice, but the hearts have 1.5g of fat and 60 calories each. They are a great treat for me when I feel that I have to have something chocolate, but they have 9g of sugar, so stay away til our challenge is over!

I have found out that if I totally "ban" something from my diet, I just wind up wanting it even more. So, I try to find a better way of having the "bad" stuff, and then I don't feel too guilty and deprived.

I have lost two pounds, but I can't seem to get it put on my tracker thing. Will try again and see if I can get it to work next time.

Hope you all are having a great week, and watch out for that sugar!
WileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:50 PM   #43  

Gloria- I love the idea of gifts. I agree with the other gals we should all pitch in somehow. I know I don't have a ton of extra $ laying around...but it's worth it if it helps us all with this battle. Just let me know how I can help.

Sounds like we are all kinda coming out of our slump...I am so happy everyone has stuck it out.

Great job Wiley on the loss!

Off to do homework. I still can't walk so exercise is out again tonight...but I will still do ab and arm work!

Have a great night!
Dakotasweett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:33 PM   #44  
Fig

Hi Girls, It's good to hear you sounding cheerier. I'm trying, but still pretty down. At least this is killing my appetite!
I've found a nice treat--it's a sugar free, hot cider mix. Only 15 calories for a cup. I add cinnamon and fix a mug of it at bedtime to sip while I watch TV. Yummy and soothing.
Any ideas for favorite low calorie snacks? I liked Gloria's frosted grapes. I slice apples very thin and dust the slices with cinnamon.
Living alone, and just fixing meals for myself is a drag. It's too easy to go off my program and nibble mindlessly or eat what I shouldn't. So, that's my biggest obstacle and challenge--loneliness.
Fig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:50 AM   #45  
dgpebbles

I think the gift idea is good also and I agree with everyone else...We should all take turns each month...I think it will be good for motivation and gives us another challenge to reach our points...We will be excited with points we earn along with weight loss etc
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote