Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 12:50 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies (#68)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Old 03-15-2006, 12:50 PM   #2  

OK, we're back to the right numbering system now!!

Wish I could lock the old threads!
Old 03-15-2006, 01:46 PM   #3  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Cheryl ~ Thanks for being willing to take over for Sherry while she is gone! Why don't you contact one of the 3FC admins and see if they will give you the ability to lock threads as long as you are going to take over as forum moderator?

Sherry ~ I'm so glad to hear that your bp problems are finally under control! Hopefully once the move is over and things are settled you will be back with us...we miss you!

Gayle ~ I've never been to Kansas, so it might be fun to come and spring clean for you! I'm making new curtains for the porch today...one window done, two to go.

I got on the scales today and I'm up 2 pounds! So that's it, I dug out the 1200 calorie diet menus again. I'm cutting out all sugar and sticking to 1200 calories and hopefully I can reach my goal before Travis comes to visit.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:28 PM   #4  

Quick post, I'll post more later.
Cheryl-Thank you so much for being the sub-moderator while Sher is gone. You are doing a great job.

Gayle-Thanks for the info on Sherry and Ramona. I really miss them both.

Suzy-You'll get those extra lbs. off in no time.

Dee-Time for one of your wonderful vacation in paradise descriptions.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:59 PM   #5  
Losing it!

Your welcome to come anytime Suzy! Although the wind will probably blow you away! We had wind gust today of 45+ mph. Along with no moisture to speak of, everything is dry and we are starting to have fires everywhere. Usually in March we will still have snow, we haven't had any snow since January and that was just a day long trace and gone by evening. We really need it to rain or snow, everyone is already fighting allergies from everything budding out early. Now I know were the expression "Suzy homemaker" came from. You are quite the domestic goddess!!! I have never made, nor will I ever attempt to make my own curtains. I'm lucky to sew a straight line! LOL!

How ya feeling Shelley? Did the hunger monster go away??? I read somewhere that egg whites have no protein, it is all in the yolk. I wonder if upping protein may help you with the munchies.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:03 AM   #6  

Gayle-I have been trying to eat more during the day, and taking your protein advice. I did good for the last 2 nights. Today I am taking a salad with leftover turkey on top. Thanks for asking. I am running late. Gotta go!
Old 03-17-2006, 05:35 AM   #7  

Okay, Ladies!! Why hasn't anyone been exercising???? I am talking to myself over there, other than Suzy popping in once in a while to converse with me. Come on! Spring is well on it's way and you need a little spring in your step

Love to all!
Old 03-17-2006, 01:33 PM   #8  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Happy St. Patrick's Day Floozies!

You're right Shelley...it's time to stop making excuses and get off our bums and start exercising! The weight is never going to come off unless we work it off, so let's all get moving!

Gayle ~ You're not the first one to call me "Suzy Homemaker". Curtains are probably the simplest thing to make! It's all straight sewing...anyone can do it.

Is anyone doing anything special to celebrate the day today? I have on my green shirt and I'll be roasting a chicken and making a big pot of cabbage, potatoes and carrots for dinner tonight (we may be Irish, but we don't do corned beef ).
Old 03-17-2006, 03:27 PM   #9  

We had corned beef and cabbage yesterday!!

Yummmmmmm
Old 03-17-2006, 05:05 PM   #10  

I wore green today. My DH wanted to have corned beef, but I didn't want it because of all the sodium, and I weigh tomorrow morning.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:23 PM   #11  

I ate very little of the corned beef (but it was GOOD!!) and a LOT of the cabbage!!!
Old 03-18-2006, 06:25 PM   #12  
Losing it!

HAPPY DAY AFTER SAINT PATRICKS DAY GIRLS!

I had "real" corned beef for the first time last night. Our boss had us over for a last minute get together. It actually tasted better then I expected, nothing like the canned stuff. She also served all Irish drinks such as whiskey's, Irish creams and brews. Needless to say, it was late, or should I say, very early this morning when we arrived home! I didn't need to worry about wearing green yesterday, my shirts for work are green, so I was set.

I hope everyone had a nice day! Looks like all of you are staying busy! Any big plans by anyone for the weekend?

I ship Steve out again on Monday for a week out. Alli has Spring break so we are going to do a few special things plus she has a dentist appointment. Otherwise I will be working & running around as usual. When do you guys in he schools get your Spring break?

Well, better go, wishing everyone a safe & happy weekend!
Old 03-18-2006, 08:12 PM   #13  
Janice

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy.
I have been going to the Arthritis Program at the Hospital in the mornings and then to work in the afternoon. I am pretty much exhausted when I get home.
I'm on more medication now, but I don't see much difference.
The weather is still cold here and was snowing the last time I looked out the window.
Where is Spring???
I am always lurking and reading the posts, just not much new to add or much time either.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:51 PM   #14  
Losing it!

Nice to see you posting Janice! I had a feeling you were lurking about...post anytime though! I post often and never really have anything important to say or share! LOL!
I hope the program kicks in soon for you and you will start to have some relief. Are you doing physical therapy at the hospital??
We have rain here tonight. First moisture in months and needed terribly. I hope it stays warm enough though, so we don't end up with ice. Rain & snow showers are predicted throughout the next 3 days.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:27 AM   #15  

Janice-I hope it starts working for you also. Good luck, and glad to see your post.

Gayle-I really don't get a break, but I am taking April 10 and 11 off. I am having a female problem right now. I hadn't had TOM for a month or 2, now I am bleeding more than I ever have. I might have to call the dr if it goes on for another week. I'm not used to this. It scares me, because 2 of my friends had to have hysterectomies because of excessive bleeding. Of course, mine is very mild compared to their's, but then again I have had very very light periods all my life.

Gotta go run 10 miles. BBL.
Closed Thread