Old 03-07-2006, 06:48 PM   #511  

Default Videos to trade?

Does anyone want to trade/sell their exercise videos they aren't using? I bet several of us are at the point we need to switch things up!

(I'm at the spot I need to start using what I have!) LOL
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #512  

Sarah, you're so funny! I read your post about the video exchange, and I'm thinking....I would love to, but gosh, maybe I should use what I have here first! Then I go down further and see you wrote the same thing! Too funny. Think maybe we need to quit sharing the same brain???
desertdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 06:54 PM   #513  

I'm so ashamed. I'm a workout video addict. I don't even have cable, but I'll hear friends talking about Turbo Jam or some other infomercial, and I have to try it! I have a few I haven't opened yet, and I just ordered Yoga Booty Ballet. LOL
Old 03-07-2006, 07:02 PM   #514  

Ooooooo, you have Turbo Jam? I've been dying to meet someone who has it? Is it really as fantastic as everyone says it is? I was looking at getting this last night. See, I do the same thing! Meanwhile, I have a pile of dvd's stacked up that still have wrapping on them.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #515  
dgpebbles

Sarah/Danielle - I'm right there with you...I have about 15 dvd workouts and about 1/2 of them are not opened yet...

Serena- Sorry to here your having a bad day...Men are such a pain in the butt...you need to just hold it together and don't let him get to you...The bad eating is not worth it.

Nori -WOW..your doing a great job...keep it up ..

Mo - I'm with you on the no motivation to exercise...I've only done 2 days so far this month...I've just been too tired..yeah I know not a good excuse.

Well I'm going to meet my friend at the gym around 8..It will be my first time to go workout there...I will let you all know how it went.
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:02 PM   #516  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

*peekin' in with head held low* Y'all remember me??

Sorry I've been MIA yet again! Week after week I've put off doing our company taxes - the DH & I have our own business - and last week I decided that I really needed to get things going ... thank goodness I'm finally finished and I can now get back to the really important stuff ... like posting on 3fc!

I'm not sure that I'll be able to catch up on all the previous stuff, but I'll do my best to stay caught up on the present!

Just wanted to say a quick HIYA for now - BBL to do a little reading and some personals!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #517  

Default Wednesday

Hi ladies:

Serena: I read your post and hope you don't mind me commenting, I apologize in advance for not minding my own business! You're married with 3 small boys right? Does your husband control the checkbook and bills? You should have your own money so you can do with it what you want, you earn it every day! Also, you should call his bluff when he says he'll watch the kids, even if it's just a drive into town to go to the library or go for a walk somewhere, don't be afraid to go somewhere by yourself. Martial arts classes will also help you to find friends. Maybe you could join or start a play group with others who have similar aged kids. How about what Nori does, she goes to a gym that has childcare, sometimes they offer that for free. Maybe a part time job one or two nights a week would help you in more than one way. Your husband can only hold you back if you let him. Be strong!! (Of course I'm better at giving advice than taking it!)

Stacye who? Congrats on getting your taxes done, see you back here soon I hope.

Donna: we'll have to motivate each other! Now get going!

Sarah/Danielle: I don't have that many DVDs/Videos...just the one I'm using and the ones I hope to be able to use soon. I do see them at tag sales all the time, I'll keep an eye out for you, list the ones you're looking for. I do have some old VHS tapes somewhere I think. Danielle: I hope the med adjustment is better today.

Catherine: God Bless You! I dont' think I'd be able to do what you're doing. Have you talked to your FIL's doctor. Do they recommend a health care facility? I'm sure you know what's best but make sure you don't wait too long and damage your own family life, I'm sure your FIL wouldn't want that.

Lori: Congrats on the 1 lbs. I hope to see that additional dancing man soon!

Menu: B: english muffin w/ jelly L: Lean Cuisine, pretzels D: chicken, veggies, cranberry, 2 biscotti
I did go to the local produce market and bought a ton of fruits and veggies I think I'll plan veggie wraps for later in the week.

Mo
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:00 PM   #518  

Vitamins or supplements?

Poll time! Are you taking a multivitamin, extra vitamins, or any supplements?
Old 03-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #519  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNewEngland
Stacye who?
I know, right! LoL Shame on me for missing so much!

Poll Answer

I take a Prenatal Vitamin ... we were ttc when I started my weightloss journey - that's waaaaaaaay back on the back burner for now - but I've continued to take them anyway.
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:23 PM   #520  

I bought multi-vitamins and supplements in a daily packet form from QVC (Nature's Code for Women under 50) but I stopped taking them because they were bothering my stomach and couldn't swallow them. I'm going to try them again I think because I bought a 90 day supply!
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #521  

Morning Chickies,
Hope you are all having a great day, I do okay on the food but ai have really lost momentum on the exercise....oh well try try again. Once I get going I can keep it up but getting going is a real bugger

Serena: Ditto everything Mo wrote plus my own 2 bits.where I live there are free groups of women doing stuff walking, play groups, hiking maybe if you check with your local parks and rec you can find something that is free and when hubby says go I'll watch the kids you can go. I know it is really hard to go the first time but I bit the bullet and joined a hiking club a few years ago and made some really good friends. Plus people in groups like that love what they are doing and want everyone else to love it too so they ar real encouraging(like when all the over 70aged people where passing me on the hills ) Why is it so damned hard to get addicted to good things like tofu or exercising....enquiring minds want to know

Danielle: Hang in there chickie you can do it! your meds will get right you'll feel like a million bucks and it will all come together for you.

Catherine: I am so sorry about the situation with your FIL we have a couple of men at work with those exact symptoms so I know how difficult it is to deal with and it's even harder when its family. I'm glad that you are taking the time to go to the gym a little time to yourself will help keep you sane.

Sarah: I saw Yoga Bootie Ballet on an infomercial you'll have to let me know how it is I may have to get it to add to my collection of work out videos I don't do.

MO and Donna: My exercise went south too I went 6 weeks an hour 6 days a week and then it was all I could do to do anything at all 20 min here 20 mins there AAAARRRGH Mo Try taking your suppliments before you go to bed when I was preggers I had to take mine then cause they made me nauseous

Hi Stacye: I have been hit and miss too good to see you back.

POLL ANSWERI take a multi vitamin, vitamin D, Cal/Mag and wild salmon oil.

Cheers
Lori
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #522  

Default doing better

I'm doing better today. Thanks everybody for the advice. I normally am pretty good at ignoring him but sometimes it just doesn't work. I have actually thought about getting a p/t job but my husband never knows when he's gonna be working or not so I can't really schedule anything. Hopefully when it warms up things will get a little better cause I can take them for walks. I'm not comfortable taking them places like the zoo or park by myself cause my 2 yearold doesn't listen well and tries to run off. The zoo isn't so bad cause I can keep him in the stroller but the whole point of the park is to let them run and play. We have a really nice river walk that they enjoy but there are areas along the way that may not necesarily be safe for me to take them alone. I'm an extremely shy person so I'm not good at making friends as a matter of fact the friends that I've had over the years, I'm not really sure how we became friends. Anyway, thanks everyone for the support.
serena
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:45 PM   #523  

Howdy! How's my favorite bunch today? Doing well I hope.

Donna- how'd the gym go last night? I hope you had a good time and plan on using it alot.

Stacye, great to see ya girl! I hope you'll have more time to play with us soon, we've missed you. Your stats are amazing, go you!

Mo, the med thing seems to be working ok so far. I'm just grateful that the headaches disappeared and havent been back. I always forget to go to yard sales and such for workout things, good idea. I just got the Transfirmer system, oooo boy, that sucker is hard! Had a real hard time keeping up with foot and arm movements, you shoulda seen me! There came a point I got to laughing so hard I had to stop and sit down cause I couldnt breathe! It seems like a really good thing, I'm excited to keep practicing on it and hopefully see some noticeable results. Turbo Jam is the one thing I do want to try as well.

Sarah, how ya doing today sweetie?

Lori, thanks for your support, it means alot. I am hoping everything just comes together all of a sudden and I'll be on my way. I know without a doubt tho', that had I not found you girls, I would've quit trying a while ago. Don't you worry your pretty little head, the exercise will happen when you're ready to hit it again. You're doing good with food, that is awesome girly!

Serena, it's great to see you here today. Chin up sweets, you can push thru this. I think it would do you a world of good if you could get out by yourself to do something for yourself. A walk on that beautiful river front you described, or window shopping even. Something to just let you get your bearings and you can feel refreshed when you return to your family. We're all here for you, supporting you and cheering you on. We want good things for you!

Alrighty, well I'm about to be late picking up my kids from school. But I had to post here first before it got later. Thanks so much girls for the support and for everyone listening to me whine and cry about my situtaion. Means the world to me, and I am that much stronger for it. Thank you so much!!!!

BBL to catch up some more. Be good!

p.s. Answer to the poll question:
I take a multi, calcium, magnesium, omega 3's, and all my "head" meds.
I am a walking pharmacy!
Old 03-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #524  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6

Poll: I take a bcp, multi vitamin, calcium, and extra Vitamin C right now.

Stacye - Love the new pic!! I agree, your siggy is so inspirational!

((((HUGS)))) Serena! I'm sorry DH isn't being "nice" to you. I agree with everything Mo said. You deserve do get to do something you like to do also. Taking care of kids all day long (and night) is very hard work. Obviously it has to be a meet in the middle sort of thing. I'm very bossy though and am more of a "teller" than an "asker". I am starting to know how you feel about a 2 year old out in public now though. My 2yo has started acting up in public - as they all will I suppose? - and we're trying to work with her. It's meant that I've had to just leave places I really don't want to leave yet.

Catherine - sorry about all the stress at home. I just heard a book review for Elder Rage, or Take My Father... Please!: How to Survive Caring for Aging Parents, by Jacqueline Marcell and I thought of you. Her situation was different - she was caring for a parent who was verbally and physically abusive.

I only have a couple exercise dvd's I don't like. A Kathy Smith kickboxing and a Leesa (sp?) Hart Fit to the Core (you need on eof her bars for this one). Anyone want to try them? I'm really into Winsor Pilates right now. WOW! It's a great toning workout. I LOVE the Buns and Thigh Scultping one. I'm also into Tamilee Webb's I Want The Body dvd. E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T! Holding back on ordering The Firm or Turbo Jam for now since I do most of my cardio at the gym or walking outside. My favorite at home cardio workout is Leslie Sansone walks or Crunch Fat Burning Pilates. I burned out on The Biggest Loser dvd pretty quick. Each section wasn't long enough for me. I sometimes do the low and high intensity cardio together for a good cardio workout.

As I'm sitting here, I'm starting to feel real nauseated. Like I'm going to lose lunch. Weird. Felt fine all day.

How sad was that about Dana Reeves. Can you imagine being diagnosed and dying so quickly. So young. Too young.

I took my Mom to the airport today. She's going to Oslo, Norway for a week. One of my sisters is engaged to a man from Oslo and my Mom is going to stay with his family.

Well, off to get some stuff done. I love checking in here though everyday. Such a great group!!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #525  
dgpebbles

poll-I take one a day weight smart, omega 3-6-9 oil & flax seed oil(pills)and also protein powder mixed in food and a protein shake with my weight lift days..

Nori-hope your feeling better now...How long is the tamilee webb dvd?

Well I went to the gym for 2 1/2 hours yesterday and I did 5 mins on the stair stepper till it was killing my legs and about 15 on the treadmill and weights ..I loved it...Today I went for about 3 hours....I did 40 mins on treadmill and we used the weight machines...I think this is something I can stick to..It's just so motaviating being with everyone working out..
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote