Old 03-28-2006, 11:51 AM   #631  

Mo-omg that MIL is horrible!! LOL LOL LOL LOL I'm still picturing her hanging on by the stairs - like in the movie the Money Pit. LOL

Katie Bug - way to go!

Nori - the best part of Dr. Phil's book for me was realizing that I even used negative self-talk. It was such a part of me, I didn't realize it wasn't a normal thought process. Great job on your exercise! I just noticed in your ticker you're ahead for the month! WAHOO!
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:23 PM   #632  

Default Dr. Phil

I actually purchased Dr. Phil's book as soon as it came out and I read it almost all the way through but about 3/4 of the way through I realized I really wasn't getting anything out of it and put it away. I have been thinking about re-reading it to see if I"m anywhere closer to where I need to be to accomplish this but I just don't get much time to myself. Like today, My husband took the 2 older boys to the zoo and I stayed at home with the baby. He fell asleep and I really needed to do some cleaning but I opted to take a nap. Of course it's not that big of a decision since for some reason when he goes to sleep during the day he won't let you lay him down. When he's ready for a nap you have to put him in his car seat before you give him his bottle or you'll have to hold him the whole time. Of course the mobile car seat is at my mothers so I had to hold him. Anyway, I seem to be rambling but if I can find my book I'm gonna read it again.
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:19 AM   #633  

Default Wednesday

Hello ladies, not much new here except the weather is pretty nice, supposed to be in the 60's today and tomorrow.

B: cereal L: Lean Cuisine D: pork, potato, carrots, broccoli, 1 slice bread, applesauce, angel food cake (birthday dinner)

Pts: 29 Exer: None Water: 32 oz.

Anybody have any good recipes to share? Has anyone made a turkey meatloaf?

Mo
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #634  

Mo - we made sloppy-joes with ground turkey on Sunday. They were very yummy!!!! We used the multi-grain hi fiber buns, and had vegetarian baked beans and baked fries. It was great!
Old 03-29-2006, 12:07 PM   #635  

That sounds good I'll try it soon. I've been wanting to try those oven fries too. I have to go grocery shopping but I'm trying to use up what's in the freezer as well. I think I have turkey burgers that I never tried and some chicken sausage that was pretty good. Oven fries and vegetarian beans would go with those of those, thanks for the idea! I found some recipes on this site that I printed as well: chil conqueso dip 1 pt. for 1/4 cup, chicken tortille rollups and smoothies made with pudding mix. I really need to organize and get back to basics.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:30 PM   #636  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I use ground turkey quite a bit - or whenever I can get it on sale! You just need to use a lot of seasonings. I usually add a couple Tablespoons balsamic vinegar, a couple Tablespoons fresh rosemary or basil or whatever herb you like, and then the regular bread crumbs, egg, garlic, seasonings...
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:01 PM   #637  

Mo - can you share the smoothies with pudding mix recipe????

How is everyone doing today?
Old 03-30-2006, 11:25 AM   #638  

2 point smoothie -

1 cup skim milk
2 tbs instant sugar-free, fat free pudding (your favorite flavor)
1 tsp vanilla
1 heaping tablespoon cool whip lite
8 ice cubes

blend until ice cubes are crushed

UGH!! I just lost this post, I'm typing over now.

B: cereal L: Lean Cuisine S: Parmesan goldfish & granola bar D: poached egg on rye toast

Pts = 22? Exer: none Vitamin: none I should also log my pedometer reading but I forgot it today, will start tomorrow.

Sarah: I bought the vegetarian beans, thanks, now I have a side dish I'll actually enjoy! I bought alot of potatoes too to make those oven fries. DH invited some of his friends over for dinner Sunday so I picked up a fresh turkey also.

Nori: Wow! You already surpassed your exercise goal big time! I see you're on 30 lbs lost also!!! I can't wait to get to 30 lbs that's about where I might start to be able to fit into my old summer clothes, around 30-40 lbs. I still have a long way to go. I can't wait to see what it feels like to be sexy!

Have a great day. Boss wants to take me to lunch for belated birthday but I really don't want to waste my points! I'll try to brush him off nicely!

Mo
Old 03-30-2006, 05:51 PM   #639  

Come out come out, wherever you are!! Why is everyone so quiet?

Mo - glad you liked the beans! I really enjoy them, too. After I read the book "Superfood Rx" I really started looking for ways to include healthier foods (like beans) into my daily diet. I've been putting berries (blackberries, raspberiies, strawberries and blueberries) in my homemade smoothies to get an extra vitamin boost.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:03 AM   #640  

Default beggie beans?

What are vegetarian beans? Are they with the regular beans in the grocery store?
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:10 AM   #641  

Default Friday

Sarah: I know, besides you and I, Nori and Serena are the only ones around these last several days. Catherine is away and Katie Bug said something about Spring break so they're forgiven, everyone else where are you!!???? Maybe they all came down with Spring Fever.

B: cereal L: Lean Cuisine D: 6" subway sandwich S: angel food cake

Pts: 24? Exercise: none Pedometer: didnt' have it on

It was nice getting home at 3:30 yesterday, unfortunately my daughter reminded (on the way to the sporting goods store to buy new soccer cleats) that she had dancing @ 4:30. I got her there by 4:30 to find out it was her recital day and she was supposed to be there at 3:30!! It's just at the community center so it wasn't a big deal, just hadn't planned on it. DS and his friend had to stay with me. Then off to the library, drop off DS friend, stop at subway and next thing I know it was 6:30, homework and help studying for tests and I got next to nothing done that was on my "to do" list! I need more hours added onto my day. I never even vacuumed, the dog hair is taking over the house. Pretty soon I'll be coughing up furballs. I'll be home early again today so maybe I can do the much needed housework tonight.

Well, I guess I complained enough! Oh, I told boss that I didnt' want to go off my diet today, he just said well let me know when you want to go. That's one calorie bullet I dodged.

Mo
Old 03-31-2006, 09:11 AM   #642  

Yes, I think I bought B&M vegetarian beans, they just don't have any bacon fat in them. I think it was 140 calores for 1/2 cup and maybe 5g of fat?? Can't remember exactly, it also had around 8g of fiber. I'm guessing around 2 or 3 pts if you're doing WW per 1/2 cup.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:57 AM   #643  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I missed checking in yesterday. Things going well - just busy. My Mom is having surgery today and she'll be in the hospital for a few days and then have a long recovery, so we've been getting things set up for that. Did a little "summer" shopping for the girls.

I do strawberries and blueberries in shakes too. Not too into beans. Should work on that.

I hadn't gotten a chance to work out yesterday, so at about 8:30 decided to go to the gym. The gym is only 5 minutes away, so no big deal really. I've never gone that late at night though. It was nice! And I slept like a log.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far. Mine is just starting. And it's beautiful here. I should go buy some flowers and start with the yard.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:58 AM   #644  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'9

Really quick post here.. I'm leaving for spring break in about an hour! I'm going with my boyfriend and his family to the mountains. It's supposed to rain, though I guess I'll get a lot of shopping done! Hope everyone has a good weekend, I'll be back Monday or Tuesday!
Katie Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:32 PM   #645  

I just went outside for a smoke and it is beautiful out!! A little breezy but nice and sunny. I was thinking it would be a great day to go buy flowers too but it's too early to plant here.

Nori, I hope everything goes well for your mom. Wow an 8:30 workout! I was in bed by 9:30 last night. I skipped lunch so I can leave at 3:00 today and now it's 1:30 and I'm getting real hungry I should have snacks in my desk but I'm afraid I'll eat them all instead of saving them for an emergency.

Have a great weekend everyone, wherever you all are! Oh, I tried on my Gap 14 jeans this morning and managed to rip off the belt hoop trying to get them on! I guess I tried them a little too soon I'll check eBay for some in a 16 I guess.