Old 03-13-2006, 12:56 PM   #556  

Wahoo! I'm at 195. I was stuck at 196 for a loooooong time, but I'm moving in the right direction again.

I've decided to make myself more accountable and quit lolly-gagging around. I plan on losing 1 pound a week. That would mean my check in points are:

March 27 - 193
April 10 - 191
April 24 - 189 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the great support. We have such an amazing group.
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:39 PM   #557  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'9

Hey ladies!

Yesterday I met my friend to try on bridesmaids dresses for her wedding. When she saw me, she couldn't believe how much weight I had lost and kept saying "Where did you go?" It made me feel so great, I had a smile on my face for the rest of the day!

Mo - OUCH! I hope your hand feels better! I hate when I burn myself Those sound like GREAT deals, I should check out my Goodwill store. I've never been there before.

Curvy Vixen - Your plan sounds great I know you can do this!

Catherine - I hate when my computer does that! It's good to hear from you

Sarah - That's GREAT! You're over halfway to your goal! You go girl!

I find out if I am accepted to my college of choice soon and my nerves are almost making me sick. I'm working out a lot now in case I don't feel like working out later in the week I'm preparing for the worst..
Katie Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:19 PM   #558  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Heya ladies! Just a quick post right now b/c I have LOTS of work to get done before this afternoon - blah!

Quick Q for you girlies

(*) Anyone belong to Curves?
If so, how's it working for ya? ... Like, what results have you seen so far?

Even tho we have both an Elliptical & a new Treadmill - I decided to join Curves on Friday b/c I just don't feel that I've been getting the workout I needed ... I've only been twice and so far I really like it.

Ok, well - back to work for me! I'll be back in a bit to check in.

Have a great Monday!

ETA :: Loved the pics Katie ... You look GREAT!!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 02:42 PM   #559  

Default Monday

Hi ladies, I hope everyone is having a good day.

Well, I weighed in this morning and was surprised that I lost 1 lb. I feel guilty adding my 3rd flower because I think from what I ate yesterday I'll be back up a pound...but I've been sticking to Monday's number. I need to lose 3 lbs in the next two weeks to meet my initial goal. Then I'll have to come up with a new goal. Maybe 189 by Memorial Day?? 10 lbs in 9 weeks should be easily attainable if I stick with it and if I lose more all the better! I forgot to ask Mike if he weighed in, I'll change his signature tomorrow if he lost.

Stacye: I went to Curves many years ago and enjoyed it. It forces you to keep up with everyone and you can make it harder or easier depending on the resistance you put forth. Unfortunately I wasn't dieting at the time I went so I didn't see that much of a weight loss, I think I lost inches...can't remember I was thinking of joining myself but the one near me is pretty expensive although now it's free enrollment I think. One thing I didn't like was the same music all the time, you could probably use an ipod but I don't know if you'd hear the tone to change stations.

Catherine: when you say you go rollerskating is it to a rink or outside?

KatieBug: Good luck on your college acceptance. I'll keep my fingers crossed

Sarah: Congrats on the loss, great goals!!

Nori: Your plan sounds great, come to CT and be my personal trainer!

Well it's leftover corned beef tonight, I'll try to eat mostly the veggies tonight.

B: bowtie from Dunkin Donuts L: nothing: D: carrots, turnips, cabbage, 1 red potato and 2 slices of corned beef, 1/2 slice rye bread and a piece of chocolate cake
Pts: no idea maybe 35-40? Exer: some house cleaning Water: hardly any

Yesterday DH stopped at Dunkin Donuts and I said I just wanted a coffee with milk. He said do you want a donut, I'm getting a coffee roll? I said no, just the coffee. On our way home I could smell his coffee roll and I said, I should have had you get me a bowtie pastry. He said, I did get you one! I could have kissed him I was dying for one. Actually after I ate it I realized it wasn't that good.

Anyway, tonight is piano lessons and instead of cathecism we have to go to church....the kids said two days in a row!! Oh well, I'll pray for willpower!

Have a great day, Mo
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:20 PM   #560  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I'm so off on days - I kept thinking I'd already checked in here today.

I'm down 1 pound this week. I'll take it!

Katie - that' must have felt great to get those compliments!

Woo-hoo Sarah! Already down to 195!!!

Well, my sister is here visiting and I was just running down to log my dinner onto Nutridiary. Gotta run back upstairs!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:11 AM   #561  

Default Tuesday

Good morning ladies:

Well Mike has hit 25 lbs lost!! He's gone from a tight 38" waist to a 36" waist. He was almost still sleeping when he weighed so he wasn't that excited I don't know how he lost so much with eating those coffee rolls all the time, but hey it's working.

Late B/early L: cereal w/ blueberries, S: 1/2 piece of cake D: corned beef & cabbage sandwich, 1 red potato
Exercise: 30+ minutes, Water: 50 oz. Pts: 26

Well, I finally got off my butt and did 30 minutes of cardio/walk last night and then started to go for a walk outside but it was SO dark and started to rain, I only made it to the corner and back. My pedometer which only registers 3,000 (1.5 miles) steps at most when I don't exercise actually went up to about 7,000 (3.5 miles) steps last night, the highest in the last week. I forgot to wear it today.

I've got to get organized in the kitchen and thaw out some food and get some prep work done so I have healthy snacks. I bought a big thing of cookies at the grocery store bakery last week in case we had company (like baking the cake wasn't enough), I asked DH to bring them to work today. The rest of the cake I'll try to give to neighbors maybe. Has anyone tried the banana bread recipe made with crushed pineapple? My bananas are ripe for cooking now. I also bought a whole watermelon so that's a good snack. No one liked the Stonyfield Yogurt I bought, I'll have to eat all of it I guess. I might also try to make non-fat, sugar free frozen yogurt. I'm off to find some recipes.

Have a great week. Mo
Old 03-14-2006, 01:22 PM   #562  
One life, live it well

Mo - I noticed your corned beef and cabbage! ARe you guys doing anything special for St Patrick's Day? Congrats to the DH! Eating sweet bread every monring?? Not fair!

I getting my hair cut tomorrow - going to a shorter style - like the pic I just put in my profile - from last year. Not going to be so light in color though. I have darl brown hair. I'm losing gobs of it and figure if I don't need to use a band all the time, there will be less breakage.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:45 PM   #563  

Default Tuesday

Nori: I like the cut, it's very nice and it looked very healthy last year. I looked back at your other photos and I think I like it darker, post us a photo when you have it done. I still don't know how to insert pictures

Last night during the leg lifts and kicks I felt it pulling in my back/hip area. I think I need some pilates to stretch me out, I should start using the machine because it does help...plus I paid for it, might as well use it!

I was also thinking about asking DH to bring the treadmill up from the basement but it's filthy and hasn't been used in years. Even though it's a real good brand, it's loud. Plus, it will be getting nicer outside to walk. I'll see what he thinks.

What's for dinner everyone??? I need some ideas
Old 03-14-2006, 04:38 PM   #564  
One life, live it well

Left overs here. Somethig different for each of us!!
Old 03-14-2006, 04:51 PM   #565  

Nori - your face looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOO slim! Your profile pic looks like a total skinny girl that doesn't need to be here. Love it!!!

Mo - for dinner, I'm going to a CCD teachers meeting. And our director of religious education who is from the Phillipines always cooks for us. It's usually some kind of roasted chicken dish, with rice, and bread. If you saw what I ate for lunch, you'd say you're glad I'm going for such a healthy dinner. lol

Stacye - I don't go to Curves. But when I worked at the junior high there were a group of ladies who went to Curves. They all looked great! They definitely lost weigh and inches! My friend here is going to Curves, and she's lost 7 pounds this month doing that and weight watchers. And she looks great.

Katie - any news from your dream school?
Old 03-14-2006, 06:41 PM   #566  
One life, live it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinemommyof2
Nori - your face looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOO slim! Your profile pic looks like a total skinny girl that doesn't need to be here. Love it!!!
Well, thanks, but I DO belong here. My "face" isn't one of my problem areas, I guess. Although I do have a double chin. That pic was taken awhile back - I don't remember exactly, but I was between 225-235 in it.

Mo - you can just upload pics into your posts from Photobucket.com or some image hosting site like that. I know you're supposed to shrink them to a certain size and upload them as attachments, but I hate going through all that. Just put the link between [img]&[/img] symbols.

For some reason the Winsor Pilates is starting to sting/burn worse when I'm doing them. A good burn, kwim? I wonder why it seems to be getting harder though? Maybe I'm getting better at isolating the precise area you are supposed to be working?

So DH is home today and I have stuff I need to go out and do while he can watch the girls. For some reason I feel so funny going out alone though. I'm NEVER sans girls!
Old 03-14-2006, 06:51 PM   #567  

Nori - you're beautiful! My face is the first place to show signs of stress (acne) and weight! Boy, does it get puffy in a hurry! LOL What does kwim mean?
Old 03-15-2006, 09:56 AM   #568  

Default Hump Day!

I think kwim means "know what I mean". I'm trying to figure out what sans means now!?

I did it again, ate a 1/2 piece of cake when I got home from work. I was alone in the kitchen with a cake, that's all it took. I did wrap up the rest and gave it to a neighbor so now it's not a threat. I just need to use up the cookies on the kids next.

B: cereal w/ blueberries L: Lean Cuisine, yogurt, orange: D: 1/2 pc. cake and piece of WW goulash that my sister made. S: 1/2 cookie and a few scoops of LF pistachio pudding.
Points: 27 Exercise: 20 minutes of aeroPilates Water: 50 oz.?

Boy the pilates wasn't as easy as I had remembered, it's been too long since I've done it. I didn't quite finish the 27 minute video but it was better than doing nothing (DS had a friend over in the family room and I didn't want to scar them for life having them watch me do my exercises so I did pilates in my bedroom where the machine is)! I wore my sneakers and pedometer to work, hopefully it will get me off my butt. I have terrible posture (big boobs) and feel the last couple of days that it's improving. Has anyone experienced that? I think it may be from the arm exercise I do when doing the DVD, I'm sure the pilates will help improve it too if I stick with it.

Does anyone have any good recipes to share, I've been craving mexican and I read yesterday on the food review section of this site to buy Smart Ones Sante Fe Red Rice and Beans and put it on top of a bed of lettuce and chopped tomatoes for a taco type salad. I'm almost out of frozen dinners, I'll look for that one when I go shopping tonight or tomorrow. I'm off to find a recipe for non-fat banana frozen yogurt.

Check in later....Mo.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:31 AM   #569  
One life, live it well

Sans girls=without girls. I've heard people say "I went out sans baby."

And YES! that Smart Ones beans and rice dish is great!! It's one of their higher calorie dishes - 310? - so worth it! When I worked I used to eat it a lot for lunch. I also love the tune noodle one.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:21 AM   #570  

Hi girls! Don't have alot of time right now, but wanted to pop in and say hi real quick since I haven't been here for a couple days. Gotta head out to take DS to the orthodontist for his check-up.

Still MAJORLY struggling over here...but what else is knew right?

Gotta go, be back later for personals! Be good while I'm gone!

P.S. Nori, you are beautiful! Saw your pic the other day, lady you are gonna be one hot mamacita!
desertdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote