Old 03-03-2006, 07:15 AM   #481  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

calories for yesterday were 2100...
I'm going to do better day... I'll average out my calories for the week.
have a great day everyone!
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:53 AM   #482  

Welcome PurplePansy!! Looks like we have similar stats and goals. I'll be upstate NY this summer, we're having a little family reunion in Lake George for a week at the end of July. It's nice up there, are you close to there at all?

Yes, I found Smoo's link when doing a search on the transfirmer. I'm still frightened of that workout The Omron was the brand of pedometer that I bought, I hope it comes today or tomorrow.

B: - L: yogurt, mini bagel D: pork tenderloin, potatoes, asparagus, turnips, applesauce. S: Kudos bar, granola bar I think earlier in the day?

I have a jewelry dem to go to tonight I hope I don't pick too much. Plus we told the kids we'd have pizza, I think I'll be digging into my bonus points today...especially if I drink.

I'll check out those book recommendations on Barnes & Noble.com thanks. The one I have now is only a 7 day loan so I'll have to finish it this weekend, luckily it's only a couple hundred pages. My sister let me borrow her new WW cookbook. I'll go through it today and photocopy any recipes that I think look good so I can share them.

Have a great weekend everyone!
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #483  

TGIF girls! Hope everyone's hanging in there, ready to have a great weekend!

Maureen, enjoy your night, sounds like alot of fun! Yummmmm I love pizza! Let me know how your new pedometer works out for you. I don't want anything that's too complicated but want something that's actually going to work. Have a great weekend!

Welcome PurplePansy! Have a great day.

Ladies, have a wonderful weekend and keep up the good fight!
desertdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:15 PM   #484  

S/C/G: 301/280/175

Hey Gang - TGIF!!!!!

I had the day off and I am wiped. I treated myself to my first Hair Cut (profession) in a long time. I really need to find a good stylist and everyone I have been referred to is so far away so I just went to the hair cuttery for a trim and some layering. I am happy, but want to see someone regularly who can help me with having thick long hair. Not everyone can cut it well.

Ran a lot of errands and got some (smaller) suit jackets so I could have soemthing to wear to the office until a can pick up the others from the dry cleaner/alterations place I just dropped them off at.

Also went to the ob today. She said it is great I started this path and noted the lost. Also my blood pressure was pretty normal on the first read (for some reason I always get nervous and it is off the charts so they do it agian when I am not ready for it - middle or end of the exam). She took a second reading and it was actually low (110/76) so this path is working.

Sorry I have been away for a bit dh was on the road for 3 days and the person I worked with was sick so...it has been some long hours/days.

Take care all and keep up the good work.

Erin
ejb180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #485  

Post 100 squats

Hi everyone! Sorry I have not been here! It sounds like everyone is doing well or at least doing something positve in their life.

Well, I had my first complete session with my trainer DeWayne today. Yes, he had me do a hundred squats. I thought I was going to die in the seventies. My legs were pretty weak after that, that was the last thing that I did. I really enjoy working with him. I have surprised him some so far. I didn't give up as easy as he thought I might when things got tough. Looking forward to the next session with him. I will have my own private room from now on. So I don't have to feel bad around all of those skinny people.

Well, I am going to go! I actually have to work this weekend. I will have 5 days off in a row next week though. It is spring break here at VT. tThat is when I will be cleaning house myself.

LOL to all of you!
Catherine
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:04 PM   #486  

Have A Great Weekend Everyone!!!!!!!!!
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:43 PM   #487  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'9

Hello ladies! I had a good week this week (despite being bloated and sick) but I'm worried about next week. I have midterms and other big tests coming up.. I probably won't have time to exercise Hopefully I'll make up for it on the nice 4 day weekend that follows!

Catherine - I'd be falling over after 100 squats! Way to go! It sounds like you got a really great workout with your trainer

Have an awesome weekend, everyone!
Katie Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:16 PM   #488  
dgpebbles

Catherine - Glad you are liking your trainer..Way to go on the squats...I agree with katie about falling over...

I'm thinking about joining a gym...I ran into a old friend and she just started going to one and wants me to go with her.

Last edited by dgpebbles; 03-04-2006 at 01:29 PM.
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #489  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'9

I did it, guys! I lost 3 pounds and now I have a healthy BMI of 24!! Now that I'm 10 pounds away from the goal on my ticker, I'm beginning to question that end weight. I just pulled that number out of the air a long time ago and I don't really know if it's my ideal weight. Any suggestions?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Katie Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:39 PM   #490  

Default Saturday

Katie, congratulations on your loss this week!!! You have done an amazing job so far, be very proud of all your success so far. 10 more pounds, that's wonderful. Awesome feeling to be on the other side of the board and be thinking about what goal # you really want, huh? Go you!!!

Donna, how ya doing today? Any decisions yet about the gym? I would love to have a buddy to go with, then I wouldn't be so intimidated in going to one.

Catherine, I'm so glad that you are enjoying the trainer. Yikes, 100 squats! My legs would have been screamin. Good for you for getting all of them in. Can't wait to hear more good news with training, he sounds like he's just what you needed.

Hey Sarah, how's your weekend so far? Hope you're having a good time.

Erin, how do you like your new hair cut? I am trying to grow mine out for the first time in about 20 years, it should be interesting to say the least. I've worn it in a bob for so long I don't even remember what it's like to have lots of hair. I'm hoping that I can stick it out and keep growing it so i can have some long flowy hair. Just hope that I don't get mad one day and whack it all off! Great news about the bp! Something's definitely working and you're on the right track! Go you!

How's everyone else, hopefully you can drop in and let us know how you are!
Be good!
desertdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #491  

Post Just a quick note!

Just wanted to let you all know that it is very difficult today to sit down in a chair or on the toilet. I have to hold on to something. I have tried to work my legs some, to work out the pain. Has not worked yet. Yes, the trainer is what I need. He has already pushed me farther than I would go myself.

Well, I need to go take care of my daughter. She has a pretty good bug! Fever and vomiting and stomach. Hope she will be better later.

I promise to get to personals soon. LOL to all of you,

Catherine
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:44 AM   #492  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6

Erin - That's GREAT news about your blood pressure! Post a pic of your new hair style. I have no hair style right now! Ponytail.

Catherine - I know just how you feel when you saw it hurts to sit down!! It sounds like you're getting a great workout with your trainer! Sorry DD is sick.

Katie!! Congratulations! I say get to your first "goal" and then reevaluate. I seen lots of people here actually say once they got to their first goal, they continued to lose.

I have a goal of 150. But to be honest I have NO idea if that's where I'll end up. The closest I've been to that is 172 about 7 years ago and while I still had excess fat, I felt great and wore a size 10/12. I'd like to get to an 8/10 this time. I'd say my gal is between 150-160 probably.

Nothing new going on here. Gotta go grocery shopping today. Lots of fruit, veggies and lean protein!

Have a good day!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 02:41 PM   #493  

Default starting over...again

Hey everyone!
We went out of town for the weekend and I started out fine but it got hard keeping up with the points so I just threw caution to the wind. Of course we did a lot of walking while we were gone so it wasn't a complete disaster. I figure I'll just get up in the morning and start all over. The boys did OK but our middle one got sick while we were there. He got really congested and started coughing really bad. Then last night after we got home he started running fever. He seems to be fine today but really congested. Anyway, just wanted to say doing OK on this end and hope everyone else is.
serena
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #494  

Default Monday

Hello ladies:

I hope you all had a great weekend.

Catherine: I would have collapsed after 20 squats. I did hardly any exercise the last few days, tonight I'll have to force myself.

Serena: I hope your DS feels better.

Donna: let us know if you decided to join with the old friend, it would be good for both of you.

Nori: How's your DD, has she been sleeping better?

I had wine and dessert at the jewelry dem on Friday and I'm guessing I used about 20 bonus points. I still lost 2 lbs last week but I'm afraid this week will be a different story, maybe that will help me exercise more. This week I'm going to try to increase my water, I think I need an IV. Posting this just made me realize I never got my pedometer in the mail...maybe today.

Yesterday I made veggies au grautin to go with dinner (with 1% milk and reduced fat italian cheeses) it was very good.

If I stay on track I should reach Onederland by my birthday (3/28)!
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #495  

Morning everyone!

Catherine - whoa, feel the burn! I hurt like that the 1st day after I did my first Firm tape. I always just tell my self my legs are shrinking...my legs are shrinking. Hope your daughter gets better soon.

Serena - welcome back to the bandwagon! LOL I fall off ALL the time. The good news is, you can still lose weight. Good for you for having the determination!

Nori - I'm with you about not knowing the exact goal. It's hard to know what will be "perfect."

Danielle - Hello! I'm telling you, my hair grew like crazy when I was pregnant. I don't know if it was the hormones or the prenatal vitamins, but I'd bet if you take any multivitamin it will speed along your growth.

Donna - how's it going today?

Katie! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mo - what's new in your boss's world?

Erin - you're an inspiration! I'm actually on hbp medicine now, and have been for a week. I'm hoping that the mdicine, my exercise, better eating, and weight loss will lower mine substantially.

Has anyone tried the Fat Flush Plan by Ann Louise Gittleman? I checked out the book from the library, and it's really interesting. I'd love to know if anyone has tried the detox portion of it? Or detoxing in general?

Have a great day!
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote