Old 01-29-2006, 09:35 PM   #181  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Nori: Way to go on all the execise days do you crave it yet?
Maybe!! I was going to lay down with my baby and take a nap and instead got up and did WATP and an ab workout! Convinced myself those things would not hurt my knees right now when they are being sensitive!! I'll try BL tomorrow and see how I do with all the lunges again.

Catherine - I got the BL dvd at Borders book store. I've heard it's at WalMart also. BTW, nice to see your happy face now! Nice pic!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #182  

Default One - Derland!!!!!!!!!!

ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it. Onederland, finally. I can't explain how good this feels. I never thought I'd say I'd happy to weigh 199 pounds, but it's a step in the journey. I feel like the hardest part of the journey is over.

Everyone, you are doing so well. Just coming here and reading and posting, you're telling yourself you are ready to make this change. Just keep telling yourself "I DESERVE THIS." Because you do. And you have people rooting for you.

Okay - I want to see a post from everyone today!!! Let's hear how the exercise is going! Let's hear how the healthy food choices are going! Let's hear about if you have a new favorite healthy recipe???? Post any of your questions or concerns? Someone on here may have the help you need!
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:19 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'9

CONGRATULATIONS SARAH! That's wonderful! And now you're over halfway to your goal on your ticker!

I didn't weigh in this week (bloating, TOM, ugh) but I have lost 9 pounds in January even without this week's weigh in! I'm very proud of myself for working out and eating right during school, which is something I've struggled with for 3 years. I'm aiming to lose 6-8 pounds during February. I KNOW I can do this.

I'm going to agree with Sarah's post.. you ladies are such an inspiration! I truly look forward to seeing how everyone is doing. THANK YOU EVERYONE!
Katie Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #184  

Katie Bug - WAY TO GO! 9 pounds in one month is AMAZING. I know you can make your February goal, too!!! I see from your ticker that you just need 1 more pound to be over your halfway point! Keep up the great work!
Old 01-30-2006, 04:45 PM   #185  
on my way to HOT !!!

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3

Post Welcome to a New Week of the New You !!

Hi Ladies

I hope this finds you all well. I've enjoyed reading all the posts, and seeing the pics of all of you !! Such beautiful ladies, and beautiful families.

I have been such a slacker lately, and I sincerely apologize but between work and home life's been a TAD BUSY !! This past weekend J and my Dad worked on our home we've been renovating, and my Mom was painting our kitchen cabinets. So on the renovation project ~things are starting to move along rather smoothly.

Denise Austin Blast Away the Pounds Indoor Walk is FANTASTIC !! I did that and the stretch on it as well. Felt so good afterwards, and am looking forward to doing it again. You can customize her DVDs to your liking and needs. So I may be getting another one, and the BL. You Ladies have me convinced that for SURE is one DVD to have !! Feel the !!

For the month of January I lost a total of 19 lbs !! Which made me feel SO darn good !! IF only that could be the way it was for every month WOOHOO the weight would fall off !!

WOOHOO for all the wonderful Tips, Motivation, Support, Dieting & Exercise !!

I do have something for you Ladies, a friend of mine made it especially for the Group ~ And feel free to right click and save it. IF you have Photobucket, you can host it there,or upload it somewhere !! I just hope you all like it !!

KEEP IT UP LADIES !!!

MommaAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #186  
One life, live it well

Sarah - Congratulations on ONEDERLAND!!!!! I cannot wait for that day again. It's been over 5 years.

Katie - 9 pounds is fantastic! You Feb goal is totally possible!

Elizabeth - Hi there! Nice to see you again. The Valentine pic of Sam in your siggy is so cute and adorable and the blinkie is great! Hey, don't apoligize for having a life! 19 pounds is such a great weight loss to kick off your new year! When is your cruise again? I think I remember that was your reward? Where in Alabama do you live? My DH is from Selma. A sort of rough, poor neighborhood. Left as soon as he graduated from high school and never looked back. I've been there a few times to visit. I cannot stand the bugs in the summer. Or the wet heat. I grew up and still live in the desert! I like going at Christmas time the best.

I think I may be able to go back to the gym tomorrow! It's been 2 weeks today since the girls got sick and I think tomorrow there will be no signs of it anymore! Both still have a tad of a nighttime cough. It's actually been great working out to dvd's though. I wasn't looking forward to it at first and now I actually like it. I love the gym environment, and will do that, but will probably come home and do the toning/strengthing from a dvd. (OK, I'm embarrased to do abs at the gym... ) I started AF today and I went ahead and weighed in. Not a good as expected given my calories in vs. calories out on Nutridiary.com. But I expected that given the bloating. Anyone else lose their appetite when AF comes? I do. Like I don't even want to be around food. Not make dinner or anything. But I will.

Happy Mondays Ladies!! It'll be a great week. Full of good food choices. And exercise. Getting stronger and leaner!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:46 PM   #187  
One life, live it well

Here's a real yummy recipe I've made a few times this month.

Apricot Garlic Rosemary Chicken

24 oz (4-6 breasts, depending on size) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
5 cloves garlic (pressed or chopped very fine)
1 tsp. dried crushed rosemary
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2-1 tsp. salt ( I thought 1 tsp was too salty)
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup apricot jam ( I actually like apricot-pineapple jam - same calories)
2 tsp. Dijon mustard

Cut the chicken breasts into cutlets - or leave them whole if you prefer. In a large bowl marinate chicken in the garlic, rosemary, oil, salt, pepper & 2 Tablespoons of the lemon juice for 2 hours, stirring meat a few times. Bake on a cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil at 400 degree for 20 minutes.

In a small bowl, mix preserves, mustard & the remaining 2T of lemon juice. Remove chicken from oven & evenly spread the jam mixture on each piece. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in middle. Put under broiler for a couple of minutes to get it nice and brown on top. Pour any juices in the pan over the chicken. May be served hot or cold (makes a great potluck dish).

You could lower the calories by omiting olive oil and using sugar free preserves.

PER 4-oz serving:
Calories 268
Total Fat 6g Saturated Fat 1g 11%
Cholesterol 93mg 31%
Sodium 109mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 18g
Protein 34g 26%

Last edited by Nori71; 01-30-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:12 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'9

Mmmm, Nori, that sounds divine! I'll have to try it.
Katie Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:35 PM   #189  
One life, live it well

Katie - I just remembered that I had changed the recipe a tad - so in case you printed it or something - just notice that changed. It originally called for 1t salt and I thought it was too salty, so I changed it to 1/2t and it was fine. Also I put some of lemon juice in the marinade. It originally only had it in the sauce.

I actually just went up and mixed it up for dinner. So, I didn't feel like it--but I did it!
Old 01-30-2006, 07:34 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 301/280/175

Default Happy Monday Gang

It is awesome to see everyone doing so well. I am little disappointed my new scale is not here yet, I tried the old fashioned one and it says 275. I see it as a lost, but am going to wait to I get the new scale to confirm everything.

I have not done well on the exercise - it seems harder to find time when J is home. I think I am going to try the blast away the pounds I have tomorrow - if nothing else I will get on the ellipitical in the morning - this week I will hit 30 mins minimum at least 4 times this week.

Today was another good healthly dinner. Some spinach salad, beef ternderlion (very lean and good portion control), plus some baked eggplant with tomato, mushroom and a bit of cheese. I thought is was yummy and still had some calories left over so hit my 1300 min for the day. Can you guys hear Jin the background say he is looking for food!!

Catherine - I originally got the BL from Netflix to try - you can get copies at Walmart and Target (I think I got mine at Target).

Nori - I am glad everyone is feeling better - good job finding out what you are comfortable and getting it all done!

Sarah - great news on onederland - WTG!!

Katie - 9 pounds is awesome any loss is a good loss.

Take care ladies - good night - Erin
ejb180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:41 PM   #191  
dgpebbles

Hey everyone..well I weighted in today and I'm only down 1lb but I went and bought another pair of pants for work and got it one size smaller and they are even loose on me so I'm feeling good ...

Catherine - thanks for the video tip...I ordered it online..I do like her workouts....I've been doing the biggest loser dvd but it's getting kinda boring..I need to add some mix to it

Sarah - great job...onderland is awesome..I'm so happy for you..

Katie - 9lbs in a month is geat..thats a little more than 2 per week which is good

I've been buying low carb pita bread lately and stuffing it with veggies, chicken, tuna etc..I really like it..
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:54 PM   #192  
One life, live it well

I'll have to try the lc pita's. I've been eating the lc tortillas and enjoying them.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:21 AM   #193  

Momto2 - Thanks for the recipe! I'll definitely have to try that. Don't you love being able to work out at home with embarrassing things like abs? LOL-I don't do weight lifting or abs at the gym. I hope to one day, but for now I'm not ready. I do the weights and abs at home.

EJB - did you cook the eggplant? If so, how? It sure sounds yummy!

Everyone keep up the good work! We can do this!!!!!!! Even better news than my weight loss, my blood pressure is coming down. I still need to get it down more so I don't have to go on medication.

PERSEVERE - IT'S WORTH IT - YOU'RE WORTH IT - NEVER GIVE UP!
Old 01-31-2006, 01:56 PM   #194  

Default doing well

Hi everyone, glad everyone is doing well. So far so good for me too. I've lost 4 pounds since last week. I've been doing much better with my elipitical as well. I've also been doing much better at blocking out the negativity. Or atleast what I perceive as negative. Anyway, keep up the good work everyone cause yall are the only ones that seem to be helping me get through this.

serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:53 PM   #195  
One life, live it well

It does help to check in here, Serena! You realize you're not alone at all. You are doing great!

Erin - I know what you mean about finding time to exercise when DH is home. How long does he stay at home and away on average? Hey, hope you get your scale soon. I'd say that's a BIG loss! Eggplant is one of those veggies I don't know how to cook. I grew some in the garden this year and didn't use them. I ordered them in a Thai dish once and like it - but I've never attempted to make Thai at home.

We only have 1 tv (per me!!) in the house and I'm starting to re-think that right now. My DH is a tv junkie and if he's home it's on...which means it's harder for me to workout. He'll let me do it - but I don't like to, because then he sits and watches me work out and then he wants a different kind of workout after that.

WHY DO YOU ONLY SEE SKINNY/FIT PEOPLE DOING 100'S OF ABS AT THE GYM???? Anyways, I made a exercise ticker for February and cannot wait to get going on month 2!!!

Have a good evening ladies! It is evenign for most of you I think. Am I the only West Coaster? Go Seahawks!!