Old 01-27-2006, 05:41 PM   #166  

Talking My butt hurts!

Hello everyone! Well, yes, my butt hurts! I did my new workout video yesterday which has a lot of squat/kicks! At least I know it works. I had a hard time with most of it, it was a dance routine, kind of! How do they do it on The BL video? I am getting back on track with my diet. My weight is holding right now. I hope to improve it this week. I went to a stress class for women today at work, they gave us chocolate and fruit. I only had one peice of chocolate. They did give us ways to help deal with stress and work through it. I am glad that they offer programs like this at work. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

catherine
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 07:44 AM   #167  
kmccann

Default Motivation Needed!

Good Morning everyone and congratulations on your weight loses!!!!!

I am ready to start over this morning. I'm still not feeling well so when I got up this morning I grabbed a little debbie snack cake to eat so I can take my meds. I started off on the wrong foot but the day will get better. I plan to eat a lot of oranges to fight off these virus'. I still haven't lost any more weight other than the 4 pounds last week but I also have not exercised in a week.

I am writing this trying to motivate myself to get back to it. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My head says go walk on the treadmill but my body says I'm not well enough. I start coughing and wheezing.

Has anyone else been using fitday.com to track what they are eating and their activities? According to it I should be loosing. I have been burning 1000 calories more each day than I have been eating.

Catherine-Any good tips come from the stress class? I need all I can get. I am starting a new job where I work on Monday and the dept. has been working a lot of overtime so I guess I will be too.

Hope everyone has a super day.
kmccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 07:56 AM   #168  
dgpebbles

how everyone is doing good..I think I'm getting sick now too...Hope I can keep with my workouts...

Catherine - what is your new workout video that you did? It sounds interesting...
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:10 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 301/280/175

Default Hey Gang -

Well I am still waiting on my scale to get here - I really want ot do an official weigh in to see where I am at. Anyway ... my husband is back in town and this time he noticed a change !!! So that is a good sign or he has learned to just say it (I hope the later is not the reason).

I did measure and my waist is down an inch over the last 10 days. So there is hope.

Catherine - The routines on the biggest loser dvd are sets of exercise. I am still on 1 & 3 which are the options for the first 2 weeks (carido & Strength). I can get through the enrtire workout pretty easily though I start to really feel it at the end and afterwards. At the end of next week I move up to the other level so I will see how that goes.

Nori - I have been doing the BL though I just got a walk away the pounds I am going to try. Right now I am not doing a gym, but I am going to join the one down the street from me. However, I do know I get an awesome deal if I wait to April or May. I know I should do it now, but I have to wait due to finances.

Everyone - hope you are doing well - keep up the success we are finding together - Erin
ejb180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:48 AM   #170  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Stacye - Your before/during pics are inspirational!! Fantastic!! Since you mention it in your sig, I hope you don't mind me asking, when are you going to ttc again?
Nori :: First of all ... Thank you so much for your supporting compliment - it meant so much!
I wish I had an answer to your question about ttc but to be honest, at this point I'm just not sure. In the beginning I said I wanted to start trying again when I've lost 90 lbs - but if that goal was reached today, I don't think I'd be ready ... emotionally. I've spent over 17 yrs trying/not preventing - and last year, after being dx'd with PCOS and one tiny small procedure, we immediately started fertility. After a confirmed 'false' positive in August - my heart, mind & soul simply needed a break as did my DH's. But it weren't all for nothing b/c this break has helped me to lose 65 lbs and now my ole body is FINALLY working the way she should (O'ing & regular cycles) ... without meds!

Jeepers... You didn't ask for the long version did ya!? LoL

Now, for YOU - I know it's easy to get discouraged but I wanted to tell you that you're doing an awesome job! I'm not sure what plan you're on or what plans you've been on in the past ... but maybe this loss is different and a tad slower b/c you're doing it the right way this time? As I said, you're doing great ... stay strong - you will accomplish your goal!
Just noticed that you're doing the BL dvd ... I am too, don't ya just love it!!?
btw - loved the quote!

to everyone else ... You're all doing such a super-fabulous job - you each keep the rest of us inspired!
I'm in a rush to get ready this morning - I'll be back in a bit to get caught up!

Later Losers!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 03:55 PM   #171  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Wow, Staceye - you understand what it means to wait for something. I pray you are blessed with a healthy pregnancy and baby - when the time is right. Hopefully you getting healthy and starting to O and getting regular on your own will help and then life will cooperate with you.

And YES, I love the BL dvd. It's a great workout. I really see and feel a difference in my jeans this am when I got dressed!!!!! And I'm bloated from AF coming!!

Have a good weekend, all!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 261/191/160

Height: 5'8"

I met with my trainer at the gym last night and he set up a circut of weights anc ardio for me to do. I am soooo feeling it today! Going grocery shopping today to get lots of healthy food and snacks!
nymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:43 PM   #173  

Default getting back to it

I've been so bad and I haven't even been back on my diet long. Anyway, I told myself thursday night before going to bed that when I woke up friday I was going to do exactly what I needed to so I could lose the weight and I did great yesterday. Today, however, although I've kept track of all my points for some reason no matter what I did I just felt so hungry so I had to dip into those extra points you get each week with WW. What I really need is to get to the store and buy lots of the zero point stuff and low point meals. I'm having to do with what we have right now and of course it's the higher point stuff. I've decided to just ignore my husband completely. No matter what he says I'm not gonna get discouraged and mess up. It's not that he's trying to be mean but he doesn't know how to be supportive and sometimes he can come across as being mean. Anyway, I probably wouldn't be able to do it if I had not found this sight.
I'm completely exhausted. I have 3 boys and none of them can make it through the night without waking up wining at least once a piece but usually it's twice a peace. That actually can take a tole on a person. It makes me feel like I really don't care what I eat or how I look. But I will do better. I don't really like how I look and it depresses me to look at pictures of me several years back. Anyway, if i can figure out how to post a picture, then I'll share my boys pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boys.jpg (43.9 KB, 11 views)
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:01 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 301/280/175

Evening all - well we went to the store today - J & E stayed int he car while I ran in;of course, now I am hearing it from my husband.

I bought veggies for the turkey soup I made today - it was yummy!!!. Fresh bread (whole wheat) & some sushi - my treat for the weekend. more veggies, some frozen entrees (Safeway has some premade meals like turkey lagasna and chicken enchilladas that are low cal & fat)some canned stuff and salsa to make with chicken / dinners this week.

Of course there is not much processed food, regular white bread, treats etc - I shop more for me since J is not home often and I figured it is the time to teach E at his 3 and 1/2 years how to eat well. I was also pretty proud of my self I bought enough for the week and only spent about $46 for a whole cart full of food. Well J is off to the store right now to get lunch meats, white bread & chips so he can make a sandwich and have a snack.

I am just irratated since I asked if he wanted anything and he said no. I guess he has not gotten use to my new ways.

I am going to try to talk to him later tonight or tomorrow when he is not upset that we went to the grocery store and he had to run out again. I do not think he was actually upset, but I think more it was the last thing he wanted to do when we spent a Sat evening at home.

Any way - Serena - you can see like you dealing wiht the spouse is an issue we al have to deal with. I sympathise with you. It is not the easiest thing and J is not even home all the time - his job takes him on the road about 50% of the time.

nmmy - goodjob on getting to the gym - hope your trainer gives you some get ideas and pointers.

Momto2 - I am glad you seeing a difference in the jeans - these are the things that keep us going. My wedding ring is moveable since I can not remember when so the "non scale" things mean a lot.

My late nigt reading is Winning by Losing - Jillian MIchaels (BL tainer) - she has some great thoughts on those in your life and how they fit inthe diet / change in your lifestyle - I can really use it after talking to some of my family yesterday.

Good luck everyone - keep going and take care - Erin
ejb180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:33 PM   #175  

Talking New BMI

Greetings chickies,
Wow you miss a couple of days and get miles behind in the posts thats awesome so many posts .
Well my goal for the week was 2 pounds I wanted to add another little dancer guy and I wanted to hit 197 and get into a new BMI and I did it I did it I did it.

I have noticed I have a real all or nothing attitude, Weds was a difficult day for me and I kept think "oh I had such a bad day " well it wasn't a bad day I went over on my food points but not way over and I used some flex points, and I only exercised 40 min on the elliptical. So why do I think it was a bad day, when I didn't overeat, I exercised and I had no sugar (day 31 no sugar).
Today when I weighed in a WW I had lost 2 and a bit pounds and my first thought was "is that all?". I need to be more aware of the big picture and not so hung up on the microscopic bits of it. So ladies the big picture is, in the last 4 weeks I have lost 16 lbs, exercised for and hour 21 days out of 28 and stayed away from refined sugar not bad at all. I need to not sweat the small stuff....just sweat..lol
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #176  

Default so far so good

Everybody seems to being doing great. Thankfully, so am I. I've stayed within my points so far but i'm only on day 3. I still have a problem with the sugar thing. I use equal with my coffee and the few pieces of candy that I ate yesterday were sugar free but I think I would do so much better if I could cut it out all together. If I could just get rid of this sweet tooth of mine completely it would be so much easier. I know dieting is extremely hard for anyone, but I don't think it would be as difficult for me if it weren't for the fact that I don't like vegetables. My favorit foods are sweets, dairies and bread. I do not like vegetables at all. If your familier with WW then you know a lot of vegetabls have a 0 point value which is really good and works great if you actually like vegetables. I don't like salads at all. I think if I actually liked vegetables I would have something to fill the void when I'm feeling hungry. I know a lot of people say they keep celery sticks or carrot sticks around for snacking if they need them, but that doesn't work for me cause I just don't like them. I've learned to enjoy things like greens, squash and broccoli but only if their cooked certain ways, and I just don't enjoy cooking nore am I good at it so it all just seems like too much work to me and I really dis like myself for it cause my children are extremely picky. They don't like vegetables either and everyone blames me for it and I really don't wish to admit they may be right.

Anyway, I'm glad everyone else seems to be doing so well.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:22 PM   #177  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

So I had DH take those dreaded, oh-so-honest, full length pics this morning - front, side and back view. So the front wasn't a huge shock... I'm too freaked out to put them in my siggy until I have some "after" shots...maybe in 25 pounds or so! Anyways, it was good, all the drama aside. That is ME! At least I look happy!! I am happy. Happy to be getting healthy and firm. Happy that hopefully my girls will never have to be embarrassed to have the "fat mom".

So I'm taking the day off from exercising. My knees are a tad sore today and I know I over did it yesterday on the lunges. I started this journey 25 days ago and this will only be the second day I haven't worked out. Not too bad.

Serena - I'm not a huge fan of veggies. But I do have some I like. I love fruit, but of course none of that is "free".

Nighthawk - Congrats on getting to a new BMI!! DAY 31 WITH NO SUGAR!!!! That's HUGE! I've only managed about 2 days with no sugar in 25 days. I'm accountable for everything that passes these lips, so I'm very aware of what I eat and I still choose to allow a little sugar. I think I feel a little inspiration to strive for a new goal now. Thanks!

Erin - sorry about the DH issues. Change is hard. I bet he'll come around to having healthy foods in the house as you stick to your guns about it and he sees you changing. I do think it is so important to set good examples for our kiddos too. Luckily my DH is a health freak - not because he's so healthy - he actually has had typeII diabetes for about 6 years now - and he controls it very well with diet and exercise.

Keep up the good work, ladies! You're all an inspiration...I'm still blown away by "31 days without sugar!!!"

Well, gotta go put someone down for a nap. It's been raining and snowing off and on all day - very dreary and cold. I might just take a nap too!

-Nori
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 06:23 PM   #178  

Default snow

That actually makes me a little sad. I would love to see snow. I keep trying to talk my husband into moving north. I told him it would actually probably help me lose weight cause I actually spend a lot of time at my mothers house and she buys lots of snacks and stuff for the grand kids and I'm the type of person that if it's there I just can't say no but when I go grocery shopping and I pass the cookie, candy and chip isle I can pass by with no problem. Unfortunately I haven't been able to convince him yet. He says maybe in another few years but my concern is, I want to move while the boys are still young and don't really have a lot of attachments yet. If we wait until their in school then it might actually be tougher on them to move away. Anyway, as far as the eating at my mothers, I know that is a personal problem that I really need to deal with. I just keep trying to tell myself I can do it, just think of the wat I'll feel in a few months if I can continue to do it. I actually have been doing it the last few days but today I broke down and had some sweets. I haven't used up all my extra points yet though so the week could still turn out to my advantage.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:59 PM   #179  

Post Doing my best!

From what I can tell, everyone seems to be doing really well! I did my whole workout video yesterday! Definately, feeling it today! I went roller skating today with my kids. I had a blast but still it gets a little crowded at time. I have not weighed in! I do not think I have lost any this week I had a few bad days, food wise! Well,I finally got my picture on here! Will attempt to put my kids picture at the bottom. Computer has been acting up!

Nighthawk that is wonderful that you lowered your BMI! And you ARE right! Don't sweat the small stuff! I need to remember that!

Ejb and Serena, I pray for you to have the strength. Just remember we are here for you and will give you as much support as we can. I am fortunate to have a husband, children, co-workers and some other friends who give me support. It is nice that my children who are 11 and 9 understand and give me support also!

Ejb, i went looking for the BL dvd, but could not find it, where did you get it at?

Dgpebbles, the workout that I am using is Denise Austin's Burn Fat Fast. It does a lot of dance moves and tries to keep it as a Dance Party ( cardio) The strength part of it is still a killer for me in some of the areas. But, I do like it!

Kmccann, I will send you some of the stress stuff later! I will scan some of the stress reducing ideas and get them on here, sometime this week!

For all those who weigh in tomorrow, happy pounds off!

catherine
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:17 PM   #180  

Talking Happy Sunday

Just got back from a nice walk i took a break from the elliptical machine I get bored exercising inside but during the week it's too dark when I have free time so on it I go

Serena : dont be so hard on yourself heres a little tip instead of saying "....But I am only on day 3" say "and I'm on day 3" pat yourself on the back for what you have acomplished. I fall into that trap too, but it's what got me to 213 pounds. On the vegie thing I used to be like you I ate carrots and peas and salad gradually my tastes changed and now I eat tons. Do you like spaghetti sauce? if you do grind up mild tasting vegies in the food processor and add them to your sauce I do that to fool kids into eating more vegies. good luck with the rest of the week You can do it

Nori: Way to go on all the execise days do you crave it yet? I am still waiting for that ....lol... I'm pretty happy about the no sugar thing I find that no sugar really helps me stay on track with the food. I confess the first couple of week where really hard specially coming of the whole christmas cookie gorge . I got through it with diet pop every time I had a sugar craving I had a diet pop(it was emarrassing how many cans I had when I took in the recycle..lol) anyway the longer I go the easier it is and I've eased up on the pop too 1 maybe 2 a day not 5 or 6

Catherine: way to go on finishing the video I'm thinking I need to look into one to shake things up(and I'm not talking about my belly either ) Rollerskating what fun I haven't roller skated since the '70's

Have a great week everyone!!
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote