Old 02-09-2006, 10:05 AM   #271  
Support soccer in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb180
Soccergirl - welcome neighbor- I am in MD in Odenton (between Annapolis and Baltimore)
I'm familiar with where you are. I have family in Olney.

Thanks for the welcome!
SoccerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:07 AM   #272  

Default Thursday

Good morning ladies, glad to see eveyone is doing well on their eating and exercise. I didn't get home till 9:30 last night so no exercise, but there's always today!

Menu: cereal, Lean Cuisine, handful of dry cereal, pizza, angelfood cake
Pts: around 28 Water: none: Vitamins: none Exercise: none
Boy that was a bad report

I did bring plenty of fruit and water to work with me today

J: I don't know how much you have to lose but I hope you exhaust every alternative before considering surgery.

Well, I'm off to look up a recipe and points for pork tenderloin, that's tonight's dinner. I'm going to try for 2 miles of BATP or at least 1 mile and some pilates, I've got to work my way up.

I changed hairdressers the end of December and I really liked the way the woman cut my hair but the place is a little out of the way and she charges $50 a cut, is that high or normal?

Have a great day! I love the carrot too!
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:12 AM   #273  

Default Hi!

Hi everyone,

I'm doing pretty well with my with my Taebo. I also do spin classes at my gym during lunch. I'm trying my best.

I don't actually work nights, only days. I'm a secretary.

Work beckons me. I'll check in later.

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:03 AM   #274  

Default Summaries!

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! I am evaluating what I am doing. Both exercise and diet. It would really be helpful to me if everyone would post EXACTLY what they are doing, and how much they have lost over what amount of time.

J-don't do the weight loss surgery. I knew 3 people from my old work who had it done. 2 people lost an unbelivable amount of weight - but they had severe indigestion ALL the time. Seriously, even when they weren't eating they had problems. 1 person, he weighed right around 500 pounds when he had the surgery. Well, he got down into the very high 200s, and for him, something clicked where he wasn't happy. He went back to his old eating habits, stretched his stomach back out, and is now back over 400 pounds and the last I heard he had developed even more health problems. Very sad.

Okay - here's my current summary.

EXERCISE: 3 times a week at the gym, doing 20 mins elliptical, 20 mins stationary bike, 10 mins treadmill, and 5 minutes stairmaster. 3 times a week I do some kind of home exercise video -either from The Firm or Walk Away The Pounds.

DIET: I am half-heartedly following the weight watchers plan. I say half heartedly, because I am finding it impossible to always write down my points. I'm looking for an easier diet to follow. One I can live with forever.

WEIGHT LOSS: 26 pounds over 13 months. I know, not a total failure, but I thought I'd be further along by now.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!!!
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:36 AM   #275  

Good morning everyone. I am soooo sleepy today! I dunno if I didn't sleep well, I thought i did, who knows. The leg's feeling a bit better today, going to rest it today and take the day as my day off this week. AF is getting ready to make her grand appearance soon, so I am way cranky and craving chocolate!

Sarah, I think you are doing a great job! Keep up the great work!

Maureen, hope things at work are ok after yesterdays adventures?

Erin, great job on the exercise this a.m.!! Enjoy your time w/ the girls tonight. Doesn't it feel great when people can tell how hard we're working? I hope it made your day!

Nori, awesome workout with that stroller, lady! Who needs weight training when you can just wheel your kids up and down those hills! You will have some good lookin' arms for sure.

Catherine, I hope you were a good girl while making all those desserts. I don't envy you there, especially cause I'm craving chocolate now.
Did you get to watch BL? It was great, I'm bummed there's no more this season. Love that show!

Everyone have a great day! Chins up, smiles on.
desertdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:32 PM   #276  
on my way to HOT !!!

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3

Post Happy Thursday !!

Hi Ladies
Thanks for being so sweet with your comments on my return. I still have the sniffles & coughing of this cold/sinus stuff , but I am here to post away

Nori ~ I am SO proud of you for busting your fanny and exercising the way you are !! I know at times that has to be hard with those 2 beautiful baby girls of you !! Keep up the work - you're doing AWESOME !!

Lisa (Hellokitty) ~ It's always good to see you and hear from you !! Glad to hear you're doing well !! Congrats on your weightloss !!

Sarah ~ Have missed you !! I LOVE your diet & exercise plan. I think you're doing as fantastic job as always. I know you're excited about the move to SC. How are things in OnederLand ?

Catherine ~ Good to see you !! Congrats on your weightloss ! Hope you're doing well.

Danielle ~ Awesome work on your exercise plan !! Keep up the great weightloss !! You're doing great ! Hope your leg gets better !!

Lori (Nighthawk) ~ SO good to see you. Thanks for the WB. Hope you're well !! Congrats on the weightloss

Maureen ~ Hi & Congrats on you and your DH's Weightloss !! Isn't it just awesome to have a teamplayer at home with you ?

SoccerGirl ~ to the Group !! Hop right in and join in on the Journey !! Looking forward to hearing more about you !

Donna ~ Congrats on your Weightloss !! Woohoo for all that exercise -you can do those 1,000 minutes of exercise for the month of February !!

Serena ~ Those WW Cinnamon Swirls sound SO good !! Hope WW's is helping in your journey!! I am glad that by doing yoga it helped with your back and leg. Sounds like you're doing well !!

Erin ~ SO good to see you !! Always love your posts. You have a good looking family btw. How's it going getting geared up and ready for the weddings ?

Katie ~ I know you're going out of town, BUT you can STILL make good food choices on your trip !! Be careful and have a good time !!

To my J ~ I know this has been hard for you, dieting is not your favorite thing, but remember we're going on a cruise. The Ladies are right, and have said some kind and encouraging words. Together WE can do this. I will always love you for you

Now for all of you who keeping talking about 4 sticks of butter=1lb. Look what I found just for the occasion ~ ~ now you have a blinkie to keep that shows just that !!

I also have these ~ and of course the specially made ~
just for this group

Have a great day !! ~ Elizabeth
MommaAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:51 PM   #277  

Talking

Hi Chickies,
Hope you all are having a good thursday! So far so good for me (it's 9:30 am ) I watched biggest loser last night I love that show it is so inspiring.

Maureen: A couple of oldies I like to work out to are Radar Love by Golden Earing and Barroom Blitz by Sweet Both are fast paced 70's rock. My grip on assuming that I will exercise is still pretty weak but I know if I keep on keepin' on it will get stronger and stronger.So whats the latest on the boss situation lol enquiring minds want to know

SoccerGirl: Congrats on stopping your spiral at 202 and not 250 you are still ahead of where you were when you first started

Danielle: 80 and sunny sounds lovely we don't get that till June it's sunny and minus4 here (28 F) should get up to 6 (44 F) this afternoon I'll go for a walk then. I hope your leg is feeling better

Donna: You will hit 1000 minutes for sure your ahead of the game already

Catherine: Yikes on the delectible desserts what torture how did you make out with all those goodies today?

Nori Yahoo on the size 18's you'll be in the 16's in no time at all with all the working out you have been doing. It's me that works nights, I work on a locked dementia unit in a long term care facility.

Katie: It's really tough eating out all the time Subway is always my fast food fix 6"in ham and turkey with all the veggies and extra pickles yummy and only 6 WW points.

Erin: Its fantastic when people star to notice you've lost weight I find it gives me incentive to keep going. This time if anyone mentions my eating habbits I tell them I have joined WW it puts a little pressure on me to keep it up. Usually I don't tell anyone that I am dieting then when I fail don't have to face them but this time I am not going to fail.

Sarah: You Plan looks pretty good to me but heres mine hope it helps my plan is a graduated one
1. no refined sugar Dec 28
2. 1 hour of Cardio per day Jan 1
3. Weight Watchers Jan 21 I carry my little point tracker book and write down what I eat I don't care who knows I'm dieting cause the sure can tell that I am fat lol I also weigh in on Sat so Sat I can eat up any points that are left in my flex points. I had pizza last Sat
4. Weight lifting. Feb 7
5. Join learn to run progran April 22
As of last Sat I am down 19 pounds or 76 sticks of butter since jan 1

Lori
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:55 PM   #278  

I just realized I am again in the one two punch position of weight loss 1 pound gives me a new avatar and dancing guy and 2 pounds gives me a new BMI
Lori
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #279  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Sorry Lori & Lisa I got you mixed up. Funny thing is I'm friends with 2 sisters named Laurie and Lisa and I mix them up IRL sometimes.

Lori - that makes for some great incentives! A new dancer + a new BMI!!

Lisa - I have a Taebo set too. What one do you do? I have the Billy Blanks (?) one. Bought it on a whim about 3 years ago. Haven't done much with it. It was too fast for me then. Maybe I should get it out now and try again. Spinning is killer! My DH does it sometimes.

Maureen - let me know what you do with the pork tonight. I was just thinking last night that I need to make something with pork soon. Lots of chicken going on here recently. Pork can be so lean also, though. Things better with the boss today?

Catherine - how's is going in sugar **** today?????

Elizabeth - I LOVE the butter blinkie!! Might have to steal that one! Thanks for the inspiration! Were you ever a cheerleader???????????

Sarah - I just started January 5, 2006. As of this Monday I'd lost 14 pounds. AND, I think you've done a great job! Anytime we're not gaining weight is a good time! It sounds like you're finding out what you need to change? If the "points" thing isn't working so great anymore, it quite possibly is time for a change of plans. I see people on here switching things up occasionally once they hit a plateau. Take a look around in the Maintainer's Forum - maybe ask them a question? Right now I'm counting calories.
My plan includes:
  • Drinking a minimum of 80-90oz of water/day,
  • Eating 4-5 small balanced meals (approx 300 calories) through the day (vs. the 3 meals-2 snacks I'd always followed when dieting),
  • Incorporating a lean protein source, vegetables, and whole grains in most if not all meals,
  • Keep fats healthy (I use mostly almonds, some olives and avocados),
  • Upping the fiber - I eat oatmeal with blueberries in it almost every day.
  • Exercise 6 times per week for a minimum of 60 minutes - usually 90, sometimes 2 hours, including cardio and strength training,
  • SLEEP! Sticking to a regular sleep schedule...8-9 hours per night...although I'm up feeding a baby a couple times a night still.
I suppose I'll have to shake things up from time to time also since I have so much to lose.

Erin - way to go on the exercise!! Have a lovely girls night out! You deserve it! How are things going with DH and the rabbit food comments?

Katie - have fun on your trip. 14 hours of clarinet!!! Your lips might be too sore to eat? I agree Fitday has some numbers for things I'd never think to look up. (Some things too!)

It's a lovely day here today. When DH gets home (off early today) we are going to go for a little hike. Each of us wears a girl in a carrier and off we go.

Hi everyone I didn't manage personals for. I love having this group to check in with and follow along in each ones journey to good health! Have a great day ladies & J!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #280  
on my way to HOT !!!

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3

Exclamation

Hey Nori

Thanks for what you said, and you can steal that or any of the blinkies I posted ANY time !! That's what they were there for !!

Especially the butter and the 3FC Group one !!

TO answer your question, Was I ever a cheerleader ? LOL, Heck no, but i was friends w/ that group and always admired them. I was in the choir (nerdy LOL, but cool nerdy) At least I hope !!

Congrats on your weightloss !!

You still floor me w/ all the exercise !!

~ Elizabeth
MommaAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:14 PM   #281  

Default Taebo

Hi guys -

To answer your question Nori - I have the Billy Blanks' Taebo workouts, but this one I'm doing now is the Cardio Circuit workout. I love the other Taebo workouts, especially the basic. Now he has these Bootcamp Workouts, I haven't made it to that level just yet. I'm going to wait until I drop some more weight first.

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #282  

Unhappy not well!

HI everybody, I am glad to here everyone is doing well! To answer your question Nori, Suger **** sucks! Plain and simple! I have had afew bad days lately and being there at work with the stress there too, does not help. I had been doing so good and I let things get to me and I have backed off. I feel like I have let everyone including myself down. I guess this is just my moment and bad day! I know everyone gets them. When I get them, they are really bad. I am sitting here frying as I write this. There is just so much going on. I here about all of the great things you all get to do with your husbands and families. Though my husband is supportive as are my kids, I do not get to spend the time with my husband that I need or want because of my FIL. Then I feel bad when I get angry or upset about caring for him. I know, I am just rambling and that I can get past this but I am tired. I guess I kind of feel like Jason did yesterday. Well. I need to go for now. GUess what I am the Cookie mom for my daughter's troop and I have to go take care of that. Food all around me, surrounded by stress and not being to do everything for myself that I want too. Again, Nori like I said it is ****! Thanks everyone for listening!

Catherine
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #283  

I meant crying! LOL till later!
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:29 PM   #284  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Catherine - - sorry you are having a rough day. We all have them - you are not unusual at all. (You should have seen me a few months ago in the middle of post-partum depression... ) It sounds like you lead a very busy life, taking care of a parent + your immediate family, working a stressful job...give yourself some credit for all that you do do! Vent anytime!!

Lately I've been seeing how much I listen to NEGATIVE SELF TALK! Life is about more than what we eat, or how much we eat, or how much we weigh, or how much we move ... I have to remind myself from time to time that it's not black & white ...it's not that either I'm perfect or that I'm a total failure! I have to stop and listen to my thoughts - especially this one: "I'm a pound heavier today. My day is ruined!" I'm starting to think more rationally and understand that it is normal for weight to fluctuate a couple pounds due to fluid retention. I KNOW I HAVE not gained a pound of FAT!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:15 PM   #285  
dgpebbles

boy everyone on here is so talkative...I can't keep up with who's who yeah...sounds like everyone is doing great though...as of yesterday I'm at 402 minutes of exercise for the month...just got home from work and haven't got in todays yet...

recap of my plan is..I'm counting calories trying to stay between 1200-1400...no sugar or white flour....lots of water...eat at least 3 meals per day and 2 snacks.....I also try to up my fiber and protein intake and exercise as mush as possible....I've been on my plan since the end of Dec and I'm down about
15lbs...

have a great night
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote