Old 01-17-2006, 06:10 PM   #61  

Elizabeth & J -

You guys are so beautiful! You absolutely RADIATE positiveness (is that a word???)!!! Thanks for posting the picture!!!!

Congratulations again!
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:30 PM   #62  

Elizabeth, thank you for all of your support! You just radiate with encouragement for everyone. Once I get my picture scanned you will get to see me. Both you and your husband are very lucky people.
DivaLaRed, Thank you for your kind words. Some days I could fall apart. I could scream about everyday at least once. I am glad that I am finding the strength to say I need to take care of me. PS My boss knows I am on a diet. So he is supportive too. Thank God!
Sarah,That is all I see water, water and water! I do drink a lipton diet green tea every so often. You can avoid a lot of food at the bakery because you get tired of it, unless of course it is something you really like. It doesn't smell as good in the bakeshop as it does outside, so that is a plus.

11.3 miles One day I will be able to do that too. We all will.

Catherine
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:39 PM   #63  
kmccann

Elizabeth-Thanks so much for getting this group started. I am proud to be a part of it. Good luck on the cruise, that would be a great incentive for me if I wasn't terrified of water. Sounds like you have wonderful support at home. Thanks again and keep up the great work!!

Erin-I think we are both in the same boat, trying to loose the weight by July for a wedding. We can do it. Being able to walk into those weddings with our heads held high will be great!

Lisa-WOW! 11.3 miles! I can only imagine. That is amazing! I am only up to 1/2 mile with weights on an inclined treadmill. They would have to call 911 if I attempted 11 miles. Great JOB!

Diva-3 miles is terrific, keep up the great job.

Sarah-Hi! I got started dieting on WW and lost 17 pounds. I stopped going but continued on my own. It really is a good program. I hope the Firm series is working well for you. You can do it. I love being called a LOSER!

Lori-I used to do the same job as you do, it's hard work and stressful. I think it is great that your husband is doing this with you. I'm sure it helps a lot. My husband does help me cook at home but most of the time it's covered in grease if he makes it! Baby steps is the way to go. Keep up the great work!

Stacye-It is great that you avoided having the surgery. I know a few people who went through with it and it is painful. I, like you, have tried many things over the years but the old fashioned way is the best.

JoAnn-Welcome! Talking to others really helps me stay motivated.

Redefinition-Hi! I hope the exercise and nutrition program are going well! Sounds like you will have your work cut out for you with that workout. Good luck, you can do it!

Ingrid-How is your program going? It sounds great!

Katie-I have watched the National Body Challenge before and it really does make you think about all the unhealthy things you have in the house. I hope you got your shopping done. I have trouble shopping. I get in the produce and fruits, wanting to try something new, and then don't know what goes together or how to cook fresh vegetables.

Catherine-I am 36 with an 11 year old girl and a 7 year old son and I work full time. I couldn't imagine having to take care of anything else. You are a SUPER woman. I had the blood pressure and swelling problems before I started loosing weight. Since then all the medicine is gone except for an occatssional fluid pill (when I eat too much pizza). You are doing such a wonderful thing. You are a strong woman, keep up the great job!

Wendy-Welcome! We're glad to have you here. I just joined the site on the 13th so I'm new too. Good Luck on the LA program. I know you'll do great!

J-You are a great supporter. If more husbands were like you we would probablydo a lot better on our diet. My husband doesn't say a lot about my weight, he loves me either way I guess. He's put up with me for 16 years now!

I hope I didn't miss anyone, this group is getting big! If I did please let me know. Today has been a pretty good day. I have not overeat, yet! I walked by 1/2 mile and my daughter is cured. No more sick children for a while! Hope everyone had a great day. Keep up the great work, all of you!!!!!!!
kmccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:28 PM   #64  

Default Winding down...........

Good evening Ladies......

I wanted to ask if any of you are keeping a jornal on the Journals page of 3FC?? I started one, but it is hard to make entries during the work day! I am doing good to keep up with you guys here in the threads!

I made a giant chef salad tonight that should last me the next couple days, so I am happy about that. When the BF is off the road, he cooks, so when he is gone, I am ALL about convenience and quick fixes! LOL

Elizabeth and Jason, that picture DOES scream happiness and I am so glad to see two people working as a team, not only in marriage but in the fight to be fit and healthy!!!

P.S. Someone mentioned being excited about seeing weigh-ins and progress and I wanted to let you all know that I am NOT stepping on that #$@&*! scale until my midpoint of St Patty's day! The scale is too de-motivating for me and I am choosing to use my clothes as a measurement for a while instead!
DivaLaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 08:51 PM   #65  
So ready to loose

Wow, thank you so much for inviting me to this group ! You seem like you are going to be an awesome supporter/motivator. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
MichiganChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:52 PM   #66  

Default I'm new

I'm extremely new here so I hope I'm posting this correctly. I'm also extremely new to restarting my diet. Tomorrow will be my first day back. I haven't had a chance to read all the posts cause I don't get much time to myself but I would like to be apart of this group so I can have a little encouragement from people who understand. Even when other people say something to compliment how well I've done in the past it doesn't really sound genuine. It sounds like they're saying it just to have something to say. I might not get to visit often but it's nice to have somewhere to turn when I need a pick me up. My weight gain actually started with an illness but after wards it progressed with 3 pregnancies and inability to control my eating. I have 3 small children 6 months, 2 1/2 years and 4 years old so you would think I get plenty of exercise but obviously not enough. I currently weight 195. I would like to be able to get back down to 130 but I'll settle for enough to be able to wear my wedding rings again which was about 145. They haven't fit in over 4 years. My anniversary is in 4 months so I'm hoping to have made tramendous headway. Everyone keeps telling me to set a goal but I know if I set a specific goal but for some reason don't make it I'll get discouraged and fall behind so I would prefer to just do my best and look noticably thinner by then. Which is why I didn't make a New Years resolution to lose weight cause I never keep my resolutions. My self esteem has suffered tramendously. I don't like going into public, I hate having pictures taken, but it actually hurts to look through all my pictures of my boys and not have any of me with them. I'm surrounded by skinny people, and skinny people just can't seem to understand what over weight people are going through. None of my boys sleep well so I'm up at least 4 times a night which makes it even more difficult because I feel as though I've been up for 2 days so I'm hungry and should be aloud more food. I have to stop myself from grabbing snacks in the middle of the night. I feel like I've written a book so I'm gonna go for now and I'll be back when I get a chance.
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:48 AM   #67  

Hi All,
I haven't been online for a couple of days I am amazed at all the posts. I have been working out on my elliptical machine for an hour a day and just trying to eat in a healthy manner low fat, high fiber and no sugar. So far it is working for me I have lost 13 lbs.
Have a great day everyone
Lori
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:51 PM   #68  
on my way to HOT !!!

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3

Post Happy Wednesday Everyone !!

Hi Everyone & Happy Wednesday !!

Hope you're all having a good week so far dieting & exercising !! I was so bad last night and didn't do my new Denise Austin Indoor Walk DVD - SHAME on me TONIGHT I will be working out regardless !!

Sarah ~ Thanks for the kind words about J & I. We aren't always positive, but are getting better and better at beefing one another up. I know you're on a roll and doing well with your exercise and diet plans !! WOOHOO

Catherine, You're welcome for the support !! I hope you enjoy being a part of the group and come back over and over again !! You inspire us all by being able to stay away from stuff in the bakery. I couldn't do it!! And YAY for a supportive boss !!

Katrina ~ Glad to see you back !! Good job on not overeating and yay for that 1/2 mile KEEP IT UP !!

Diva ~ I feel ya about not wanting to get on the @#$%^$@ scales !! Whatever keeps you going and encouraged is what matters ! Send me some of that giant chef salad - it sounds so good right now. And to answer about the journal, no I don't have one, but I may create one so I can journal my food every day.

Serena ~ & thanks for joining the group !! And WOW thanks for the nice introduction post. I hope we're able to provide support & encouragement all wrapped into one !! IF and when you decide to have a midnight snack - how about a piece of fruit or a glass of milk, and a 1/2 of a graham cracker or string cheese ?

Michelle ~ to the group !! So glad you have decided to join us ! It would be great to get to know a little more about you ! Jusst jump right in and post away !!

Lori ~ Good to see you again !! WOOHOO for the 13 lbs weightloss !! Keep up the awesome work !! We're tied for the same amount of lbs lost !!

Erin ~ Haven't seen you online in a few days and was just checking in to see how you are ? How goes the exercise and diet ? Do you have a pic of the dress you ordered ? I cannot wait to hear all about it, and I know you'll look fantastic for the weddings you're attending !!

Stacye, Lori,Ingrid,Katie,Redefinition, Lisa, ALL The Ladies ~ Hope to see you post again !! Miss hearing about your journey with exercise and diet !! Hope all is well !!

And J ~ If and when you see this - See you tonight !!

Have an awesome day all ~ E.

Last edited by MommaAshley; 01-18-2006 at 01:08 PM.
MommaAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:41 PM   #69  

Smile Wow

Wow! This group of women is growing fast. It is so nice to hear from everyone. To all of the new ladies, I am fairly new, too. Let me tell you , you WILL get the support you need here.

Well, I gave in to temptation. NO I did not eat! I weighed myself today. I was going to wait until Monday. But like I told you we have that big scale at work. So it made me feel good when I saw that I had lost weight. Now just to get to the exercise. Then I would be doing really good.

I am going to the store tomorrow and find something to work out to. Probably get some small weights too. Can't wait until the program at work where they will give an exercise ball and show me ways to use it.

Well, I am going to go! Probably check in later. It seems I cannot get enough of all of you!!!

Catherine
Old 01-18-2006, 02:44 PM   #70  

Smile weight loss

HI again! My tracker did not come up last time! So here it is , I hope!
Old 01-18-2006, 02:44 PM   #71  

guess not!
Old 01-18-2006, 02:45 PM   #72  

oh well now you have it and a whole bunch of junk mail from me!
Old 01-18-2006, 02:52 PM   #73  

Default It's Hump Day!!!

We're almost to Friday! YAY! How is everyone's week going?

Here's my stats for the week, both actual and planned:

Monday - stayed within my points on WW. YAHOO! Exercised to The Firm at home. Total exercise (with stretching section) totalled 1 hour.

Tuesday - stayed within my points on WW. YAHOO!!! Went to the gym and did 20 minutes on the stationary bike (7.2 miles) and 20 minutes on the elliptical machine (only 1.2 miles). Total exercise = 8.4 miles, or 40 minutes.

Wednesday - so far am staying on track with points. Tonight will do The Firm again, with stretching, for a total of one hour. YAY!

Thursday - Will stay on track with WW Points. Will go to gym and do elliptical, bike, and treadmill for 20 minutes each.

Friday - Will stay within points and do new Firm video.

Saturday - Will do FUN exercise video like Crunch Cardio Dance Blast or Walk Away The Pounds. Will stay on track with WW points.

Sunday - FREE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday morning - plan to weigh in for a loss of at least 1 pound.

Everyone, I hope you are having a great week.

QUESTION: Anyone found any helpful tips this week? My tip for the week would be add a citrus wedge to your water. It makes it easier to drink when you're trying to drink those gallons....lol....
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:55 PM   #74  
on my way to HOT !!!

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi Catherine !!

Hi Catherine !!

I am so glad to hear from you !! AND WOOHOO for giving into a better tempation than a negative !!

You also know I am going to be EXTREMELY nosey and ask how much weight you lost ?!

Yay for the weightloss !! And everything you're doing to stay on track !!

Keep up the good work !!

~ Elizabeth
MommaAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'9

Hey everyone!

Just checkin in on "hump day". This week has been pretty good, but I seem to always go over my 1400 calorie limit! Happier news - I was able to do my entire 45 minute TaeBo tape last night without pausing the tape! (Yes! I've been dying to use that carrot!) I LOVE TaeBo! It just gives me that wonderful burn feeling!

How is everyone else's week going?
Katie Bug is offline   Reply With Quote