Old 01-30-2006, 09:18 PM   #151  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

great,i can't wait till the next challenge! i only have 1 pound to go on this challenge and we still have 14 days left,yippie!!!
charliekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:32 PM   #152  
Shine on Little Diamonds

Well - getting sick sure does help knock pounds off. 2 lbs in 2 days. And my abs are SOOO tight from coughing.

My gym membership kicks in in 2 days WAAA HOOOO!!!!! I can't wait.
flamejobgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:50 AM   #153  
charliekay

i hope you feel better famejobgrrl.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:04 AM   #154  
charliekay

well today was my offical first weigh in for my 1st month,and i have lost 14 pounds and about 3 inches everywhere,my stomach was even 4 inches lost.yippie!!!!!!!!!!!! and another great part i made my valentines goal and we still have 14 days to go.yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 10:43 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Sigh. I did well all day yesterday, had a good work out, then crashed and burned with dinner. I ate good things - raw carrots, steamed broccoli, lettuce and a hamburger patty. Then I had some avocado with garlic salt and started eating a little more hamburger, and threw in some chips. Then someone got the Cheetos out (which have always been my weakness, and I seldom buy more than a single serving bag, if that) and I continued my downward spiral. Sigh, sigh, sigh. But I refuse to give up. I'm trying again today, and I threw in an extra 30 minutes on the elliptical early this morning to try to make up for it. I also had my body fat % tested - it's at 32%. I know that's not good, (20-25 is normal for a woman) but I'd like to check it each month now that I have a benchmark, and see if I can get it lower. Anyway, that's me. Down and out, but not done! Hopefully I'll still lose another lb or two by Thursday when I weigh in. I must be strong!
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:07 PM   #156  

Congrats charliekay on meeting the V-day goal!!!!! You should be able to exceed it with 2 weeks still left!

Keep motivated Sara. With all that food temptation it is really hard. Your meals sound delicious though....I would die for a cook-out right now (not really appropriate here in Wisconsin at this time of year). 32% body fat is not horrible. You are very close to be within a healthy range.

When I started Curves three weeks ago my body fat was at 43.6%. I have a long way to go before I am in the healthy range! Last night, I was down to 41.7%. So it is going in the right direction! I just wish the weight would come off faster! It is hard to stay motivated when only 1 lb falls off each week. I have to keep reminding myself, 1 lb per week is equal to 52 lbs by the end of the year! I CAN DO THIS!!!!!
goalweight160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:22 PM   #157  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliekay
well today was my offical first weigh in for my 1st month,and i have lost 14 pounds and about 3 inches everywhere,my stomach was even 4 inches lost.yippie!!!!!!!!!!!! and another great part i made my valentines goal and we still have 14 days to go.yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yay - congrats! I've still got half a pound to go and it does not want to shift. Scales have been up and down for almost a week now!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:10 AM   #158  
charliekay

oh robsia,i can not wait till my scale finally says under 200 pounds,i would love for my scale to look like yours it seems soo long away,but yet i have started my own personal little goal its to lose below 200 by my birthday! its march 21st so i should be able to do it,i really hope so.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #159  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

charlie - realistically, to lose 47 pounds in 49 days is unlikely to happen.

I would set a more achievable goal to avoid disappointment. You would need to have a deficit of 3,500 calories PER DAY to do that.

My next goal is 10 pounds by St Patrick's Day - once I shift that final annoying 0.5 lb! I have a ticker all ready.

Weight loss always slows way down after the first few weeks, which I am discovering now. Perhaps yours could be another 14 pounds by your birthday.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:20 AM   #160  
charliekay

why is my ticker not showing up on here?? well i think that i will keep my birthday goal and see just how close i can get.i don't count calories at all.i have no idea how much i am getting,i am counting carbs and protein,and the weight is just melting off. i am soo excited,a few moments ago i tried on pants i have not been into for years.
i started out wearing a very tight 26 pants,right now i have on a comfortable 22 pants,i can't belive it!!!!!!!i have not seen these pants in years!!!!!!!! i am soo motivated to get down even further now. it would be nice if i could get down to an 18 by my birthday too,and since i went down two sizes in a month that one should be able to do.any way thanks for the advice bobsia.i appreciate it
Old 02-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #161  

CharlieKay, I'd also have to voice concern, like Robcia, about trying to lose 47 lbs in 49 days. That goal is very unrealistic & would mean you would need to lose almost 1 lb per day! A more healthy goal is to try to lose 1-2 lbs per week, hence our next challenge is 10 lbs in 5 weeks!

Well everyone, we have 13 days left to try to make our V-day goal!!!!! Work it hard ladies!!!!

As for myself, I've "kicked it up a notch". I'm going to do 6 workout days this week instead of just 5. I've also made my new goal to walk over 10,000 on my pedometer 4x a week instead of just 3x.

Anyone else use the Walk away the pounds videos by Leslie Sansone? I just bought Walk away the pounds, Walk & Job....it is fabulous. I broke a serious sweat & I that is exactly what I was looking for.

Last edited by goalweight160; 02-01-2006 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #162  
charliekay

well i am not saying i am going to get down 40 something pounds more by then,i am going to keep it up there to see how much i can lose by my birthday,it really helps me personally and gives me something to strive for,its my own personal motivation to strive to be thinner by my birthday,whether i lose 50 pounds or 5 pounds by my birhday i want to strive to do better,it will keep me from wanting to snack or something. i dont expect to lose that much by my birthday,but i also don't want to lose only 5 or 10 pounds by it either,i am losing inches like wild now and whatever i can get down to by then i will do it,i am not doing the wrong way or starving myself at all,i am on a plan with a nutrienist,and i am doing great,two pant sizes in a month i think is pretty cool,so please dont be mad or call me wrong about my goal it helps me personally to want to do better for myelf and to want to get below 200 for the first time in 5 years! so please just ignore my scale on it if it disturbs anyone its just my own helper.sorry did not mean to start anything,please accept my apology.and i love this site and want to keep being involved in everything,i still think we should have a great new challenge for the thread after valentines day,and i promise i will have a logical goal for it
Old 02-01-2006, 11:11 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Don't worry, charliekay, I think they're just trying to keep you from being disappointed if you don't meet that specific goal. You're doing great, and like you say, any weight/inches lost are a victory! (As long as we all work hard to do it the healthy way, which helps us to KEEP it of). I remember when I was first doing WW I was almost 200 lbs (but only 18, and 5'4) the weight came off 2-3 lbs a week and it was great. Now that I am quite a bit lower than that (just over 160, have not been under 150 since I was a freshman in HS) it comes off more slowly, but I keep working on it!
I had a bad weekend and crashed Monday, but I was AMAZING yesterday! I ate my WW points, including lots of protein and no white flour, and I also exercised 30 minutes in the morning (elliptical), then almost 2 hours yesterday night! (while my husband tutored for a few hours). It was mostly so I could feel like I made up for crashing food-wise Monday. I did an hour on the elliptical then did weights, floor exercises, and stretching for an hour. I felt so good about myself! (Though I was quite tired!) Non-related, but then I even did the dishes. Woo-hoo for me! I need to stay strong tonight because I am not cooking dinner... we have a young married's class, and our "teacher" cooks us a meal every Wednesday. There are always healthy options (plenty of fruit and veggies, very well-balanced) so I just need to make those choices and watch my portions of the other stuff! Wish me luck. Congrats to all of you on how well you're doing!!
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #164  
charliekay

thank you sooo much ctrsara, i appreciate it sooo much,oh my to be 160 sounds wonderful. it feels soo good to be on the lower side of 200 then on the upper side of it,makes me feel like i can reall do this,my cousin did ww and she was really big and boy it seemed like the weight just fell off her,she lost it sooooooo fast,it was unbeliveable. i dont think ww is for me but i am shure you can get to your goal also.and u will do wonderful at your dinner
Old 02-01-2006, 01:08 PM   #165  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrsara
Don't worry, charliekay, I think they're just trying to keep you from being disappointed if you don't meet that specific goal.
That is exactly what I was trying to say. It is very easy to get discouraged once the weight loss starts to slow down. Many people get discouraged when they set specific goals and can not meet them.

Charliekay, you have been doing so well......I don't want to see you get discouraged when you can't meet that goal. You do what you got to do to get yourself motivated....just don't quit your program if you don't lose 47 lbs over the course of the next 7 weeks.