Old 01-05-2006, 12:20 PM   #61  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliekay
i do that too,i am on it first thing every morning,especially if the scale has gone down then i get on it two or three times to make shure.my diet coach trys to get me to just get on at the begining then end of the months,but i just can't do it.

Gosh - I could never manage only once a month,

Once a week I can just about do.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #62  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

yes i have tried to cut down to once a week too,but i am too addicted to it,maybe someday
charliekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:35 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 220/211/180

Height: 5'7"

Can I join in? This is a perfect short term goal for me. I recently lost 15 lbs, then gained 10 back! I'm so mad at myself, but now I'm feeling motivated again.

I'm a weigh-every-dayer. After some experimenting I found out I weigh the least in the morning after exercising, so that's when I get on the scale. I like doing it every day, keeps me focused. And it was especially good when I started gaining again, I couldn't fool myself into thinking it wasn't all that bad.

Christine
cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #64  

hey everyone. i'd like to jump into this challenge too

i desperately need to kick start things. i am not requiring enough of myself. 14lb is a huge goal but i will give it my best. heck even if i lost half that i would be thrilled with myself.

i weigh myself once or twice a week. this morning i got a fright. it is first day of t.o.m. and i have gone UP but hopefully just temporary. i need to up the exercise. i am getting plenty of water so that's ok. need more sleep more exercise less sugar. sounds simple doesn't it? if only it were that easy

hooray for starting this thread
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:18 PM   #65  

Well everyone, you should be happy to know that I logged 10700 steps on my pedometer yesterday, I beat Tuesday's steps by 300!!! COOL! I recommend a pedometer to everyone! It is the best. Don't buy a cheap one though, I guarentee it will be a waste of your money.

I'm very proud of myself. I made peanut butter cookies w/ choc. chips tonight and I only at one!!!!! The rest will probably be eaten by my husband & sister (she is living with us right now). That is a huge step for me! I also went out for lunch today & had grilled veggies with a side of fresh fruit, wow I've never done that before!

The scale better be my friend this week!
goalweight160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:48 PM   #66  
2006 Resolution~Drink H20

Awesome job G.W.160!! Ordering the vegies and fruit is a huge step.... and you ate only 1 cookie?!!? Wow, you're willpower is stronger than mine

I drank some water today, but not enough. I'll definately get more in tomorrow. I ate well today though! I need to find an exercise for me to do though. We're living in a small apartment for a few months (not enough room for exercise videos) and I don't want to walk alone at nite (only time my schedule permits). I may try out the exercise room at the apartment and see how that goes.... hope it works.

I want to weigh myself a few times a week, but post my weight loss once a week. My scales at home aren't the best, but they'll have to do for now. I hope to go back to WW in February.
Arizona Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:24 AM   #67  
Shine on Little Diamonds

I did well with water today, but it was out to a restaurant for dinner for a birthday tonight. I tried the least offensive thing on the menu, fajitas, but I am afraid of the scale tomorrow.

I am joining a gym as well, but because of the processing time it will not be in effect until Feb 1 (because I get a deal for being a teacher, but your membership has to be processed and sent in the mail). In the meantime, I don't know what to do. Maybe go and rent a workout video?

Anyways - hopefully exercise will help me sleep better as well - it is 5:20 and I am up again.
flamejobgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #68  

Default Exercise in a small space

I would recommend Leslie Sansone's Walk away the pounds videos to anyone even if you don't have a lot of space to workout. It is pretty much just walking in place & everyone has room for that! The are low impact & helped me lose weight the first time! They require very little coordination which is why I like them. Too many videos require the ability to dance & I could not dance if my life depended on it!!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Default Sigh...

I don't really have room to work out in my tiny apt either. When I DO get to do work out tapes, I love Tae-Bo Advanced (in the original set). I am a fan of work out tapes, but they're more fun to do with other people. When I was in college we had a huge living room (I'm talking massive) in the house I lived in with 7 other girls, and one was an exercise science major. She led us in aerobics probably 2-5 times a week. It was great! I have a tape of one of those sessions too that I like to do.
Well, yesterday was not my favorite day. I was actually UP 2 lbs, but I know it's not real, because t.o.m. started last night (3 days early - so weird...). I worked out, but didn't have much energy, cause I didn't eat enough lunch (reduced sugar instant oatmeal and home made bread slice for breakfast, slim fast and home made bread slice for lunch), so I only did the elliptical moderately for about 25 minutes. Some is better than nothing! Then I went to Wal-mart and bought a furby. (No, that has nothing to do with fitness, and yes, I am 23...) Since my husband is out of town, my MIL wanted to do dinner and a movie (didn't want to see the movie, knew I would eat the popcorn she would buy) so I did Chinese food with her. I hate when something like that is sprung on my and I don't have time to figure for it. I did better than I would have if I wasn't being careful, but crab angels/wontons are my weakness, and I had four... I was also weak because of t.o.m. But not today! I will be good and eat only my points, and I will not weigh myself after I work out, because I know it will be depressing still. And I will eat enough to have energy to work out.
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #70  
Shine on Little Diamonds

Sara - I am up two lbs as well. Have neglected changing the tracker because hoped it would fix itself by tomorrow. I think this is why we are only supposed to weigh in once a week at most to avoid the blues that come with daily fluctuations. Fluctuations componded by dinner out for friends birthday last night and no gym membership until Feb 1 and too cold to walk outside and I went to movie store and they had no work out video rentals. I used to have Winsor Pilates on my computer but have lost it since reformatting.

*sigh* It will be ok.....we will make it eventually.
Old 01-07-2006, 12:10 AM   #71  
2006 Resolution~Drink H20

May sound crazy, but eating yogurt while on TOM seems to help. Good luck ladies....

nona
Arizona Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 11:07 AM   #72  

Default Hi Everyone

Ok, yesterday was the first day in 2 weeks that I have gone over 1500 calories. It is ok though....I was prepared & I didn't completely blow it. I know I would go over because we were going to go out for dinner. We went to applebee's, I ordered a 1/2 size Santa Fe salad & that was it...it was plenty... however, we went to coldstone for ice cream afterwards....I ordered the smallest size.....new year, new habbits are forming everyone!!!!!

I'm so proud of myself. After 2 weeks & I dont miss my old eating (yet at least). If only the weight would magically come off

Ok, today I'm going to walk my little butt off (literally I hope) to make up for yesterday's overage of calories. I want this week's weight lose to reflect 2 solid pounds & I weight in on monday! My husband bought me a MP3 player for the holidays so now I can listen to music as I walk!! YEAH.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:11 AM   #73  

Default Curves Nutritional Classes

Got to tell everyone, Curves is offering 6 weeks of nutritional classes for $59 or $69 (can't remember). My sister and I signed up, we start on Wednesday.

If you are interested check out their website, they have more info out there. I've never been to a curves but my mother inlaw has been a member for about 1 year now and enjoys it. I don't plan on joining their gym because I work at a University so I can get a reduced (possible free, I haven't asked yet) membership to our gym.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:02 PM   #74  
Shine on Little Diamonds

So I don't know what to do - the scale at the gym, that is a technically better scale than mine, put me at 5lbs lighter than my home scale. Who do I believe? Problem is, this isn't my regular gym so I can't keep using the same scale. How can they be so variable?!??!?!??!

How is everyone making out 1 week in?
Old 01-08-2006, 07:56 AM   #75  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Well, your home scale should be consistent within itself, so if it says you've lost x pounds then you probably have - just that your starting weight may not be what you think.

I'm thinking about getting digital scales but I'm scared they'll say I'm more than I thought.

Guess I should take my own advice . . .
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote