Old 01-26-2006, 12:29 PM   #136  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

wow this is becoming harder then i thought, i am at 251 and i can not get any lower!!!!!!! i have been here forever! and i can not seem to get below the 250 mark.help!!!!!!!!!
charliekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:37 PM   #137  

Stick with it Charlie & the weight will come off. Try doing a different workout this week. If you use a video, switch to a different one---perhaps that's what will work.

Diet is going great for me. I am still just as motivated today as I was when I started dieting several weeks ago. Curves is working out great, the diet can be a challenge because it requires me to eat a lot of protein, but I am sticking with it....it is a six week long program & I promised myself I would give it the full 6 weeks before I made a decision about the program (my sister on the other hand who was suppose to be my support quit on day 2!!!!!). I'm taking one day at a time. I go there religiously Monday, Wednesday, & Friday...I just wish the weight would come off faster.

I WANT TO BE THIN!!!! KEEP THAT IN YOU HEAD WHEN YOU GET DISCOURAGED.

I'm dining out for the first time in several weeks tonight, I'm a little nervous but I think I will do fine. I'm going to order baked fish....that's why I think I will be fine because I have a game plan!

I've been on the curves diet plan for a week and a half now and I can already see results in my eating. I don't have the sugar cravings like I did before & today when I made my coffee I used HALF the amount of creamer that I did before starting the program & it was still sweet to me. That alone has saved be over 100 calories per day.

My goal this week is to put over 10000 steps on my pedometer at least 3 days. I've already done it for two days. Next week I'm kicking it up to four days. I still recommend a pedometer to everyone....you would be surprised at how little us Americans walk around! The average American only walks 2500 steps a day!!!!! That is disgusting, no wonder we are so fat!

Best luck to all! Keep me in your thoughts tonight as I try to dine out tonight.
goalweight160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 03:15 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Dining out can be really scary! Not as bad when you know the menu and know what you can order for the healthiest (and still tasty) choice, but I find I have a hard time if it's Mexican (which is usually is here in AZ) and there are chips for appetizers or Italian, and they have bread. The bread is easier to resist than the chips, but then there's the pasta... It's just not easy! We went to Chili's last weekend with my in-laws and I tried to order a half-size Cobb salad, but they didn't have half so I had to get a full. I ate most of it, plus too many chips (which they ordered - if they're in front of me my will power is ridiculous), half of one of my DH's chicken crispers, and some of my FIL's mashed potatoes. Oh well, at least we don't do that often! Good luck tonight, you can do it!
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:12 PM   #139  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

OK - I'm here. I know it's silly but I feel kind of bad posting on here now as I've lost so much and some haven't lost that much.

I don't want to rub anyone's noses in it.

TBH I don't know how I've managed to lose so much. I have never lost so much so quickly before. I mean, I've over the moon but I keep waiting for it to slow down but it doesn't.

Anyway, I'm still here and very nearly there!!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #140  

No, please post! That's awesome! I'm really excited for you. I haven't lost, but I know I will, and at least this has kicked me into finally achieving correct food intake and exercise. I am about to go work out and weigh. Wish me luck! BTW, Robsia, I love Anne McCaffrey's books - especially the Harper Hall trilogy- I assume that's where your title, etc. is from?
Old 01-27-2006, 09:05 AM   #141  

Hi all, I did well last night dining out. We went to Perkins, I got a salad with dressing on the side. Weight was up this morning but I'm hoping that it is just water weight.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #142  

Good job on the salad! Was it good? I find it's nice when I'm eating healthing that I truly enjoy good, healthy food more. For me, it's all about switching into that mindset, and trying to kill the little "you want that cookie" thoughts.
Well, I had a fantastic hour long work out last night (45 minutes on the elliptical, 10 walking, and sit ups) and I stayed within my points (though not on the low end - I gave into a Subway sandwich after the movie) and I had lost 2 lbs! So that means I'm back to my starting weight from two weeks ago. And my jeans are fitting much better - I don't feel stuffed into them! It's such a wonderful feeling. How's everyone else doing? :
Old 01-27-2006, 10:51 AM   #143  
charliekay

yippie,,i lost two more pounds!!!!!!! now i have to really get my butt in gear to reach my val.goal.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:19 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 180/166/155

Height: 5'6"

Default weighed in today

So the wagon downfall continued yesterday. It was my work's weekly Friday breakfast and the people in charge this week didn't communicate very well. So when I walked in it was a total carb fest...muffins, donuts, cinnamon rolls, and more of the same. I had a little of everything and it was so tasty. I've felt a little guilty this week, in addition to my tiredness. But I did get up this morning and make my way to the gym where I weighed myself and I have lost another 2 pounds so I'm still motivated and am getting myself back together so I can make it to the 14th...but am I ever looking forward to my birthday drink!

Lets keep going...

SW: 180
CW: 170
GW: 160
tgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #145  

I'm feeling a little frustrated today. I've been staying the curves diet & as of today I haven't lost any weight this week...weight in is tomorrow. I don't know what the deal is...hopefully I have gaining musle & losing fat (I'll know that tomorrow as well). I've been doing cardio 2X week plus going to curves 3X week. I've followed their diet exactly (except the salad at Perkins) which is 1600 calories a day. Why won't this weight come off faster!

So I'm not going to get discouraged (too much), I'm going to work hard today & hopefully the scale will be kind to me tomorrow morning!

Best wishes everyone.

GoalWeight160

Valantine's Day goal

Long term goal
Old 01-29-2006, 10:01 PM   #146  
charliekay

hey ya'll valentines day is almost here!!! what special day can we please reach for next,i love doing this and i don't want to stop.it gives me motivation. i know spring is on march 21st and its my birthday,so we might could set a weight loss for that day of maybe 21 pounds by 21st of spring.i don't know just a suggestion. everyone else please think of one too.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:01 PM   #147  
charliekay

or an easter goal,that would be good too. any advice will help
Old 01-30-2006, 11:01 AM   #148  

CharlieKay, great idea.... Since Spring (March 21st) is exactly 5 weeks away from V-day, I think the next challenge should be........

10 lbs by Spring. Of course this would be after our V-day challenge.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:30 AM   #149  
charliekay

oh great,that sounds sooo good.10 more pounds should be no problem at all within 5 weeks.works for me,what does everyone else think.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:09 PM   #150  

Default Long weekend...

I'll stick with you guys for the next challenge - though who knows if I'll really lose the weight or not... I hope so! As of last Thursday I had lost 2 lbs, (finally) but I kinda fell off the wagon eating-wise this weekend. Friday wasn't bad, but Saturday my DH had a stomach bug, so we were home all day, and I went crazy! (Though not as crazy as I would have before, I guess. I definitely ate too much, including 3/4 of a package of Saltine crackers (when I'm trying to avoid white flour) lots of potato soup (which I made, but he didn't feel up to eating) and some chocolate. Sunday (yesterday) was even worse, as I ate an early dinner at my parents' house cause I was hungry, then found out we were eating at the in-laws two hours later - steak fingers, mashed potatoes, crescent rolls, salad, brownies - I partook of all. But I'm not going to let it get me down - I'm back on the wagon today, and will remain strong, even though we're having a barbecue at my parents' tonight. I have all day to plan ahead and strengthen my resolve. The good new was that I got in 5 days of exercise last week! Friday and Saturday were mostly just walking, but I did almost an hour of that both days! Hopefully I can fit in 6 days this week (I don't exercise Sundays).