Old 12-22-2005, 09:29 AM   #151  
KAR

Morning,
Dawn Congrats on being down two more pounds. You will reach your goal for Christmas. You are doing great! Keep up the good work. Sounds like you have a fun morning at school ahead of you. Have fun helping your friend get her room in order and planning your lessons for after Christmas.
Robyn your not happy or anything about your break are you? LOL I was the same way last Friday. I was counting down the hours and than the minutes till we got rid of our kids. They have just been crazy here the last month or so. Oh my God what it is going to be like when Spring Fever hits? Yikes!!!!!!! Enjoy your visit with your friends today. Did you get your braclet made last night?
Mouse, sounds like you had a very interesting day yesterday with your kids. Sorry it was such a rough one. At least you got paid to excerise though. So how long do you have to go to PT? So did you get to read a little bit before going to sleep? I started to read the Biggest Loser book last night before I went to bed. I got through the first 14 pages. It sounds like it is going to be a really good book! Enjoy your time off from school.
Hi to Pam, Michelle, Sue, Fran, Ginny and Summer! Hope all is going well with you fine ladies!!
Well I need to finish my breakfast and start thinking about putting in my workout for today.
Talk to you all later.
Have a wonderful Thursday!!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:32 PM   #152  

Hi girls! I am so far behind in reading post. Someday I will be able to get on regularly again. Probably next summer! Maybe after the holidays for a while at least! This is day two of bliss. Not that I have been able to relax much (I have two Christmas get togethers at my house this weekend) but it is nice to not get up at 4:45 and get dressed up! It has been pjs most the day! Robyn if you want a snow machine come to Michigan. It is most commonly called Lake Michigan but in the winter it is a snow making machine! Actually our two biggest storms this year HAVEN"T been lake affect, I don't know what is up with that. I love the snow! It is so white and clean and sparkily! We have a beautiful state park around the corner of my house and it can be breathtaking to crosscountry ski there. It is suppose to rain tomorrow. I am so bummed. I was hoping to get in some major skiing this week.

I guess I should change my little weight chart. When all the stress with my husband happened in October I lost too much weight. I couldn't hardly force myself to eat so I ate crap to try to put the pounds back on. Man what a mistake. Once I got that sweet tooth activated again, I couldn't stop! Then I moved on to french fries and alfrado sauce (not necessarily together). Now I not only gained back the 5 lbs I needed to but probably 10-15 extra! I can really tell it in my pants. It is a bit scary how fast we can put the weight back on. I have decided not to beat myself up about this. I am even going to stay relaxed about my eating through Christmas but then it is back to the WW basics. That program works and I know I can stick to it. I just have to start tracking again. It hasn't helped this week that along with my mild depression, the normal stress of the holidays and the endless supply of sweets, I am also PMSing. YIKES what a deadly combo!

I got a letter from my husband's lawyer today along with a list of items my husband things I should give him in the divorce settlement. Among the list is my cross country skis! What would he even do with them other than sell them? I think he was trying to think of something that I would fight for so that I would let some of the other stuff go. I am surprised he didn't go for my golf clubs! Maybe he knows that I won't be able to afford to golf next year anyway!

Incase I don't get on tomorrow: Happy Birthday Ginny! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Dawn - Congrats on being so close to your Christmas goal. Losing during this time of the year is to be commended. I am always happy to just maintain! Keep up the great work.

Hello to everyone else. I miss you all. I hope Santa is good to you.

Sue
MaintenanceMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 10:52 PM   #153  
Swimming Mouse

Evening, all.
Today was the first day of break. It was nice, even though I got up at 8:00. Actually, it was nice to get up at 8:00! Even though I don't have to be at work till 8:30, I'm usually there by 7:45. Or at least, I try really hard to get there by then!
I had to go to PT, and then ran over to the Red Cross. The new on-call pager is in, which is nice: our paid staff person has been having to call me when we were paged, which means that she would call me anytime there was an occupied dwelling fire. There was also one time that I slept through her phone call somehow! I don't think I've ever slept through a page on the pager. I also stopped at Borders to buy the last two gifts: my friend from college is getting a heffalump and the Annie DVD--I was surprised that he wanted it, because he doesn't like musicals or Broadway the way I do. I figure I'll encourage it, even though he asked the MOVIE version (the original movie, not the horrible Disney remake). The heffalump is because EVERYBODY needs a heffalump and a teddy bear. He got the bear last year.
I finally just bought a gift card to Borders for my friend's husband. He doesn't like books the way she & I do (we can go into Borders and disappear for hours... after we collect 10 or 15 books EACH, we buy tea and sit in the cafe and read snippets to each other. Okay, that's what we DID before she had the baby...), but I didn't know what else to get him. He's hard to buy for and I've had trouble buying him gifts the entire time 've known him. I bought her a foot massage set similar to the one somebody gave me. I figure she'll need it. I figure she'll wind up benefitting from both gifts...
I'm ticked at the company I bought their baby gift from though: it hasn't shown up yet, and it was shipped December 9th! It took them long enough to process the order (about a week!) The gift my mom bought them from Babies R Us is in my apartment already, and she didn't buy it till last Saturday. She had it shipped to me because she didn't have their address.
Sue: Glad you're still with us. I hope you get to enjoy some skiing... or at least some snow!
Kerry: I was supposed to have been dismissed from PT last Friday. My orthopedist had recommended only 8 sessions (2x a week for 4 weeks). I haven't progressed very quickly this time: I'm not sure why. I did have to find a new physical therapist, and the only things different with the new one than the old are that he doesn't use ultrasound, and he makes me pick up marbles with my toes. Everything else is the same. He asked my orthopedist to sign me up for another 4 weeks.
I did get to read. I'm reading a biography of Milton Hershey now, by Michael D'Antonio. I have a few books on hold a the library: one book about Chinese women before and during the initial Communist start, and one about the treatment of people with mental ******ation in the the United States at the beginning of the century. I'm on the waiting list for a historical fiction novel about Vlad the Impaler (the person behind the Dracula myth), and a biography about Mao Zedong. Oh, and several fantasy novels. I also have a novel by Jodi Picoult on my floor (I've been slowly reading most of her books since I read the first one over Thanksgiving). I have very eclectic reading tastes! Bookstores are very dangerous places for me: I rarely meet a book I don't like!
Ginny: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! :bday: :flower:
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:53 PM   #154  
KAR

Evening All,
Happy Birthday to Ginny!!!! Your 29 again right. Hope you have a wonderful birthday. So do you have any big plans to pamper yourself tomorrow? Hope you have some Ginny time!
I spent the day playing with my stepsons' and their new toys that they got for Christmas. My dh and I let them open their gifts last night since we won't have them on Christmas this year. Plus I squeezed in my workouts today. I did read a little bit more of the Biggest Loser book today. I plan on reading a little more before I go to bed.
Sue I know what you mean bout the pounds going back on. I gained about 10 pounds over the fall from all the classes I had to follow-up with from my summer sessions. So I am hoping to take them off here in the next few weeks. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day today. My dh can't stand it at times when I don't get a shower first thing in the morning and he keeps asking me all day long when are you going to take your shower. Here lately I drag it out as long as I possibly can just to torment him so more. I know we will be able to take it back off. Sorry to hear that you are to get rain tomorrow. So is cross country skiing easy to pick up?
Mouse,glad you were able to finish your last-minute shopping today. I have to help my one dss tomorrow wrap presents for his mom, stepdad, and grandparents. While I am doing that I think I might just go ahead an wrap my dh's gift. I just picked up a gift set of cologne and a little pocket travel watch. He doesn't like to wear a watch so I thought the pocket watch might help him. So what are your big plans for your break? Besides reading!
Hello to everyone else!! Hope you are enjoying the start of your Christmas breaks.
Well I think it is close to my bedtime. I have to get the laundry done tomorrow, pack my suitcase, go to the store for buns and tea for Christmas dinner with my family, clean out my van and squeeze in my workouts tomorrow. My dh and I are leaving Saturday morning to go be with my family for Christmas. So I am looking forward to it.
Talk to you all tomorrow.
Kerry
Old 12-23-2005, 12:24 PM   #155  
KAR

Afternoon All,
I just got back from going to Curves with my dsd. She loved it. So now we have to find a way to ask her mom if she can go with to Curves three times a week to workout. She is the one who begged me to let her come workout with me. So I asked the owner if it would be okay. She said sure. So keep your fingers crossed that all goes well with our chat with her mom.
Hope you are all finding sometime to yourself's before the hetetic rush starts this weekend. I am off to ride my bike for a little bit. Talk to you later.
Have a wonderful Friday!
Kerry
Old 12-23-2005, 03:13 PM   #156  
Swimming Mouse

So far today I've spent 2 hours vaccuuming cat litter and putting together Imp's hanukkah gift. He received the automatic litter box last year, but he's a bit of a slob. I put up with him scattering litter EVERYWHERE for a year... and that's it. So, this year, he received the canvas tent that goes with the litterbox. It completely encloses the box, so any litter he kicks goes in the canvas box. It should make it much easier to clean, and way less litter all over my apartment.
Then I remade the bed and fought with my computer. I'm also trying to track down that darned baby gift. I think the company is lying to me because I sent it to their work address, and the company says that a notice was pinned on December 10th. Not possible: the post office doesn't deliver to business addresses on Saturdays! Also, the email sayng the item shipped was on December 10th (at 1:00 a.m.)... so I'm guessing it shipped on December 9th. There is no way it got from Long Island to Falls Church in less than 24 hours... not since that was the weekend we had all that snow and ice! It was the weekend I almost didn't get to go to Philadelphia.
So, I think they are lying to me about having a tracking number & a signature for the item.
I also had some really awful news today. The person I work for at the gym was very badly hurt in a car accident yesterday. Oen of the other employees called me. I'm really upset; she totally supported me this past summer. If she hadn't let me work those hours, and given me the opportunity to renew my license, I wouldn't have gotten through the summer. It wasn't the money so much, because that didn't amount to a whole lot: it was that she gave me the opportunity, and she gave me something to do. I had somewhere to go and people that needed me to do things. I needed that last summer because I've never not worked full-time over the summer... I would have spent my whole summer brooding over the way my last school had treated me. I hate that I can't do anything now to help her. She's in a trauma unit at a local hospital, and only family is allowed to visit her.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:22 PM   #157  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Happy Birthday, Gin!

Love you!
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 03:34 PM   #158  
KAR

Hi All:
I just needed a place to come vent right now! My dh woke up in a great mood and than it all changed once his kids came over for the day. He was mad at his daughter for spending all day yesterday with her stepdad and not coming over at all. Than his twin sons' lied to him about brushing their teeth. So after I thought everyone was calmed down, my dsd and I went to Curves. Came home and did a few things around the house and than went to the grocery store for lunchmeat and buns. Came home to him ranting and raving about the kind of lunchmeat I got. So I let him have it and said a few choice words to him. His reply to me was that I could go home to visit my family for the Christmas holiday by myself. That is his standard reply when every we have a disagreement and it is close to the time we are to go visit my family. I am getting really sick and tired of him using my family like that. My 91 year-old grandma, parents, 2 sisters and brother and sister-in-law don't need to be punished because the two of us are having a disagreement. How do I polite tell him that without starting another war of words with him? I haven't spoke to him for about an hour now. I went and cleaned out my van, started the laundry and dishwasher. Plus I helped my sds wrap a couple presents he bought at school for his grandparents, mom and stepdad. After I get off here I think I am going to go start packing to go home tomorrow, with or without my spouse. If I go without him, then Tuesday on our anniversary should be interesting to say the least. Maybe I won't come home until late on Tuesday than. Just in time to go to TOPS and weigh-in for the week.
Well enough of me babbling right now. I guess I need to go and be constructive with my hands and not strangle someone well they are taking a nap in front of the tv. Talk to you all later.
Thanks for listening.
Kerry
Old 12-23-2005, 04:19 PM   #159  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey ya'll! I'm back from my visit with my dearest friend! I spent the day with her, her daughter, and her 2 month old grandson! HE is so adorable! He is so sweet! They let me give him his bath and get him ready for bed before I left for home! Nothing like breathing in the scent of a freshly shampooed baby!

I'm soooo glad that you're back Kerry! Sounds as if you've been as busy as ever and you are SOOO good about doing your workouts! Very inspiring! Sorry for the difficulty that you’re facing with your dh! Um, I’ve no magic words or even words of advice about it. Sorry! Hope it all works out for the best! You asked about the bracelets, Yes! They loved their bracelets. I made a mother's bracelet for the new mommy and a grandma's bracelet for Nona. I also made a pair of earrings and a matching bracelet for myself out of beads that were in my bead bag waiting for me forEVER! So now I have something new…and it was already paid for! Gotta love THAT! J

Mouse, your taste in books is, um, wonderfully wild! I’ve got similar tastes in music! J Pretty much, anything goes, right?! I’m so sorry to hear about your friend and the accident! I certainly hope that she makes a fast recovery! So, do I understand correctly? The company says that they delivered the gift while your friends say that they’ve never gotten it? Did you pay by credit card? Is there any sort of protection that your credit card company offers for situations similar to this? AND…please tell us what company this was so that we don’t give them any of our business! Will you be going to your mother’s for Hanukkah? You may have already told us this… sorry, if so!

Dawn, you mentioned diet pills earlier. What is the doctor offering you? I’d be very concerned…and cautious! Yahooo! You’re so close to your Christmas goal! I, on the other hand, made fudge while visiting my friend. Fudge. Yummy, tasty, creamy, FAT filled fudge. I am rather sure that my WI Tomorrow morning will not be the most wonderful news that I’ve gotten. But, there is NO way that I will regain 30 pounds, so… I’ll look forward without regretting that I ate a chunk (or 2 or 3 or ) fudge! Tis the only time of year that I make it!

Sue, It IS horribly scary how the weight reappears! Sweets are certainly my down fall! My mother no longer eats sugar (I’m not sure of her definition of “sugar”!) and she says that not only is she losing weight…she FEELS better! I’m not ready to do that…yet… see my earlier mention of FUDGE! LOL I’m sorry that “things” are becoming an issue with the divorce settlement. Good luck with sorting that out! …and no thanks re: the snow machine! I don’t want any snow right now! Maybe in February when I would like time off from school! LOL Snow here just makes things dangerous and yucky! It is very rare that we have beautiful snow for longer than a couple of hours!

Gin, how is it going, Birthday Girl?! Hope that you’re able to have a bit of time to relax and enjoy being 29 FINALLY or was it AGAIN?! I miss your chatter around here! I WI tomorrow…and am afraid that I let the Christmas fudge and cookies that we baked yesterday get the best of me. Hopefully, it won’t be a ton! J

Well….gotta run! Not 1 gift is wrapped. AND, of course, I have to UNLOAD that darn couch I found last week…AGAIN! WHY does junk keep sprouting on it?

Take care! Hello to anyone that I missed!
(((hugs)))
meeee
Old 12-23-2005, 07:42 PM   #160  
Swimming Mouse

:birthday2: :birthday1: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GINNY!!!!!!

Robyn: I have similar taste in music. My current listening selections on iTunes range from Broadway to Movie soundtracks to Country.... Stopping along the way at Heavy Metal, Classic Rock, Alternative, Bubble Gum Pop, and Top 40 Rock. I listen to Bon Jovi, Broadway, Billy Joel, James Taylor, REM, Green Day, Clannad, Mannheim Steamroller, and Kids Stuff. The only thing I don't listen to, ever, is Rap... I also listen to classical.
I finally dragged myself out of the house to the grocery store and the library, and the library was closed! Fortunately, I had that Jodi Picoult book to start... since I'm pretty sure the library is closed tomorrow & Sunday. They might even be closed on Monday!
Old 12-23-2005, 10:41 PM   #161  
KAR

Evening All:
Well Thank God today is almost over. It has been a very long day. After my dh's temper tantrum, then my one dss got sick on us. He is complaining of his stomache hurting and he threw up once. So guess who has been nursing him. You guessed it right, me! So atleast that has taken my mind on the mood swing man. He has been trying to be very sweet to me after I won't talk to him this afternoon over the lunchmeat ham deal. He took my van and washed it and swept it out. Than tonight he went to Wal-mart and put minutes on our phone card. He told me that he was going with me tomorrow. So he must have having an insanity attack. I think after the first of the year if he is still having these mood swings were one minute he is happy go lucky and than the next minute he is ranting and raving, I might suggest he go visit our family doctor for a complete physical. I have the presents sitting by the front door ready to go with us tomorrow. Plus I put the suitcases in the van already. So all I have to do in the morning is to put our personal bathcare needs in the overnight bag and put the presents in there. Then it is off to the ex's house to drop the boys off since their sister didn't want to spend the night and than up the highway we go. :0
Mouse, I am surprised that your library was closed already for the holiday. I wonder if they will be open on Monday than. I am sorry to hear about your friends accident. I will keep your friend in my thoughts and prayers. Hope she makes a speedy recovery, so you can see her soon. Sorry to hear that your baby gift hasn't arrived to your friends yet. Hope you get that solved soon.
Robyn, wishing you well with your wi tomorrow morning. Hopeful that fudge won't find it's way onto your body. LOL You have the right attitude though so that is what will keep you going. Did you get any of your presents wrapped tonight?
Hi to everyone else. I will try to check in with you tomorrow morning before we take off for my parents house. If not, Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to everyone!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 12-23-2005, 11:33 PM   #162  

aHappy Birthday Ginny!
Hey everyone! Been missing again. Been crazy.....I only have one more day and I still haven't finished my shopping I'm thinking I like Robyn's idea about putting money in a big box for my oldest one. Littlest one has been done. I have been busy cleaning, my mother in law came today. I have a ton of stuff to wrap. I need another week...........Oh well,just a short hello to say I've been thinking of you all. Wishing the safest and happiest holidays to you all...

Best wishes if I don't make it back on here in the next few days.....Tomorrow is my weigh in day. Hope that goes as I hope it will. ALthough, had lasagna and cheesecake tonight....

Hugs to all
Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 09:23 AM   #163  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Well.... didn't get to my WI... I woke up with a horrible cold. I can't breathe or stop coughing! YUCK. I did get up with the alarm and I got in the shower but...but I just felt so yucky! I wouldn't want to sit next to me coughing and blowing the way I am.... so. I decided not to go. I am so disappointed that I can't see straight. NOT about not getting to the WI...I don't want to spend this time off from school trying to breathe and feeling horrible! Whine whine whine!
meee
Old 12-24-2005, 06:54 PM   #164  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

A lovely day this has been. Nothing seems to make me feel any better. My family has gone off to a Christmas party. I'm heading to bed!

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah!
Take care,
meeee
Old 12-24-2005, 07:55 PM   #165  
Swimming Mouse

Evening, all.

Well... the baby gift is no more. After much discussion, my friend & I realized that there is a good chance the company is lying to me about the shipment. I think I mentioned that they had just moved into a new home and I didn't have the address. I had shipped the gift to their office. I didn't realize when I spoke with the company yesterday that they claim a first delivery attempt was made on December 10th, and since they were not there a notice was pinned to the door. My friend tells me that the post office does not even deliver to the building on Saturdays, and the building is locked: there would be no way for a notice to be pinned to the door of their office. In addition, I had the email that tells me the ship date: I received that email on 12/10/05, at 1:01 a.m. The item shipped from Long Island, NY. As I said, its just not possible for the gift to have gotten from NY to my friend in Northern VA in 24 hours. They also refused to give me the tracking number and won't tell me who signed for the package.
I called my credit card company today and asked them to dispute the charge, so they are going to handle it for me. I now need to go find a new baby gift. I am going to get them some baby sign language books, but I'd also really like to get them the stuffed animal! I think I might have mentioned that when I was born, my gdfather gave my mother an animal quilt, and a peter rabbit for me. I gave them the quilt already... Apparently, I'm going to be "Aunt Mousie". She has no sisters or brothers, so that is acceptable to me. She asked me when I wanted to babysit today. That made me smile... I think she finally got the idea that although I'm not overly fond of babies, HER child, since she & her husband are among my closest friends, are different. And that my family has always been REALLY small... its really just my mom, grandmother, and me. I have 2 cousins, and a 2nd cousin, plus my aunt and uncle, but I don't have a whole lot of contact with them. Not by choice, but I guess by their choice... My one male cousin is apparently getting married and I didn't even know. So, I figure I get to choose other parts of my family!
I did find out that the library is closed on Monday, and so is the lab I need to go to in order to get my bloodwork done! I'll have to go Thursday after I come back from my mom's house. My mom is going to hate that, because it'll mean I need to leave really early since I can't eat. But the lab is also closed on Friday, 12/30! I suppose I could go on January 2nd, but I'm not sure... I'll have to call them sometime next week and see if they are open.