Old 12-29-2005, 10:24 PM   #181  
Swimming Mouse

Evening all.
I went home briefly (overnight). I was supposed to stay longer, but before I left, my friend from the gym called and said that we could see our aquatics director starting this afternoon. I really didn't want to go by myself, so I asked if I could go with her. Partially because I wasn't sure how I'd react on seeing her, and also because its a downtown hospital, so there is no parking... there would have been a seriously long walk or a seriously high garage fee, plus $5 for the valet.
Given what I was told (that the accident was damn near fatal), she does not look bad. She knew we were there, despite sedation, and made attempts to communicate. She's breathing on her own. I am going back to see her on Sunday, after I'm done at the gym. It will be my last chance for awhile, since we go back to school on January 3rd and I wanted to grab it.
I took her a stuffed Roo from Winnie the Pooh, because plants and flowers are verboten in shock-trauma.
I also had a chance to swim today, because after we were done, I went back with my other friend to see her new house (she moved in last May, but I never got over to see it), and then went back with her to the gym.
I'll get personal with everybody later, just ask that you please keep my friend in your thoughts as she recovers. Her son has asked me to help her with communication once she gets better, so I'm hoping that I know enough! I'm not a speech pathologist, just a teacher...
Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:30 AM   #182  

Hey!
Good morning everyone! I seriously think I have hand and mouth disease. I have a problem keeping food out of my mouth. Ughhhhh. I will get back on track atleast by New Years. So, I think I have gained a lot of weight over this month. I feel awful about it. But, can't seem to help myself. Doesn't help that my son's girlfriend keeps bringing over all these treats her mom is trying to get out of the house. She brought four huge containers of cookies and candy over here. I told my son to keep them in his room cause I didn't need to look at them. I did finally manage to cook dinner last night for the first time in I don't know when.
I have too been trying to get my house back to normal after Christmas. I have boxes everywhere. I think the kitchen is the only room left that I have to take care of today. I'm going tomorrow to pick up my total gym. Yeah, I'm so excited.....It looks like something I will enjoy. It does take up a lot of space, but I hope it will work. I guess I have to make it work.

We have been having great fun with the karoke machine! My husband was singing superfreak like "the terminator" the other night. I wish I could have taped it. I was rolling on the floor.

Gotta get some work done, I'll be back later.

Pam

Ginny: Got the new Cornwell for Christmas. Haven't really started it yet, I'm afraid I'll get nothing done once I start it. Too much to do.
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:01 PM   #183  
KAR

Hi Everyone,
Boy what a week this has been! We had a bat in our house on Wednesday night. So we were up for 1 1/2 trying to catch it. So now my dh is in full bat mode saying we are taking every thing out of the back storage room and putting it upstairs. So instead of having the steaks we were to have for lunch today, he orders a pizza and says you can go pick it up and I don't know what you are going to eat for lunch, but this is what the kids want for lunch. So I guess I will run into Subway and get a sub for lunch.
Sounds like everyone is having a great week! Are you all savoring the last few days of freedom from school.
Mouse glad that you were able to go see your friend yesterday. Sounds like she will make a great recovery. I will keep her and her family in my thoughts and prayers still. Did you get your lab work done yet?
Pam sounds like you are excited about your Total Gym. Was it a Christmas gift? Hope you enjoy it. Don't worry I think we all gained weight over the Christmas holiday.
Robyn did you enjoy your visit last night with your teacher friend? Doesn't it make you feel great about your weight loss journey after hearing the nice comments from your family?
Well I better go and get the pizza and pop. Plus something healthy for me to eat.
Talk to you all later.
Have a great day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:58 PM   #184  
burned out bus driver

Been busy here but still alive.......this week has been tough and now Atilla has moved in for awhile......sorry to be short.....I am not looking foward to work but looking foward to a return to some order here. Sorry not to get personal.
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 05:23 PM   #185  
KAR

Evening Everyone:
Hope everyone has had a good day! My dh is finally done bat proving our house. He drove me and the kids nuts today. I was able to get my 2nd workout in this afternoon. Now after doing the Biggest Loser Workout for the 2nd day in a row, if next Tuesday doesn't show a drop on the scales I think I am going to cry. It is a killer workout. Supposely my dh and I are going to go out for dinner tonight. My dh wants to go to the local Mexican restuarant, so I guess I am going to have to change my order that I usally get there a spicy chicken quesadella (sorry about sp) and an order of rice. I just will have to read the menu really good to get something sort of healthy for me. LOL
So what is everyone's plans for New Year's? We are going out with some friends tomorrow night to the local bar in town. I am just going to have to limit what I drink so that I don't pack on the weight due to alcohol and attempt to get out on the dance floor for a little bit.
Well I better go and get my dh headed to the shower to get ready to go out. Can you tell I am getting hungry?
Talk to you all later.
Kerry
Old 12-30-2005, 09:40 PM   #186  
Swimming Mouse

Well... I didn't get a whole lot done today. I finally started some laundry, and did get to Staples. Staples somehow sent me gift certificates with idential numbers, so although I have $75 in gift certificates (from all the money I spent on my classroom; you get points and then gift certificates from Staples) I was only able to use one of them. I was using it to buy stuff both for Red Cross work (I found a really nice zip-binder with file folders inside that would be perfect for organizing my disaster paperwork, plus a new clip-board since I dropped mine at the last fire and it shattered), and for my friend. She loves music, so somebody floated a suggestion about putting together song lists for her to listen to, and I offered to burn the CDs since I have the equipment, plus iTunes. I actually had no idea that she liked music so much: she never uses the CD player in her office, and she laughs everytime she sees me with my iPod and the waterproof case. She is apparently an accomplished pianist (which is something she doesn't know about me, because I'm pretty sure she doesn't know that I play).
Anyway, all I was able to get were the blank CDs. At least I have those.
I also spent quite a bit of time doing research on the use of alternative communication in a hospital setting.
Pam: Good luck getting your house back together.
Kerry: You can find healthy food at a mexican place. Baja Fresh has an awesome tossed salad with shrimp on it. I actually went to Baja Fresh for dinner tonight, but only ate the kid's quesadilla I bought, and the meat out of the burrito... the burrito was just steak, and tomatoes... no rice or beans. I didn't drink enough the yesterday for what I've been doing, so I wasn't hungry since today I drank all day long!
Ginny: Hope things look up...

Well, I need to go start sorting through music for my own CD for my friend. I want to have it for Sunday.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:00 AM   #187  

Pam - Do you read Patricia Cornwell. I love her. She is my favorite author. I have all of her books except for the newest one.
It sounds like everyone has been busy. I've been so sick and I've had to redo my daughter's bedroom. We finally got all of her stuff moved back in today. My house is still a mess though. All the painting stuff and things we needed to put in her wood floors are strung everywhere. Plus she was sharing a room with our son while we worked on hers, so all the toys they got for Christmas are piled in the dining room. Tomorrow has to be a major cleaning day.

I don't want to start back to school with a dirty house. I hate that. I'm feeling better tonight so I'm hoping I can get a workout in tomorrow. I haven't worked out since Christmas Eve morning. But, I have weighed myself and I'm still at 176 so I must be doing something right.

Talk to everyone tomorrow.
teacherlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 12:46 AM   #188  
KAR

Hi all:
As you can see what time it is, I am still up for some strange reason. I guess it was the two large glasses of iced tea I had at dinner. Dinner was nice, instead of going to the Mexican place we went to Bennigan's Sports Bar. I had steak, salamon, dinner salad, brocolli and a piece of carrot cake for dessert. My dh told me to go ahead and get dessert since we were celebrating our anniversary late this year. Since his truck was broke down on our big day. I enjoyed myself. Then I went to the video store and got two movies. I watched the one tonight. Mr. and Mrs. Smith. It was an awesome movie. Now I am trying to make myself sleepy since we will be out late tomorrow night with friends celebrating the New Year in.
Mouse, thanks for the suggestions for Mexican food. I will have to try that the next time we go to the Mexican restuarant. Sounds like you had a busy day. Did you get your cd's burned this evening?
Dawn, glad that you are feeling better. I know what you mean about a dirty house. We sort of let our's go this past two weeks and just enjoyed playing with the kids. Hope you get your house cleaned tomorrow! We have to do that too tomorrow. That is good news about you not gaining weight over the holidays. I hope you can work in some time tomorrow to workout. I better it will help you start to feel like your old self again.
Hi to everyone else! Hope all is going well with you all!
Chat with you all later! I think I am ready to go to bed.
Night all,
Kerry
Old 12-31-2005, 12:49 PM   #189  
KAR

Hi all:
Happy New Year's Eve to you all! Sounds like cleaning house today is on everyone's agenda. I have to do that here in a little bit once I get done with my workout. I did my 30 minutes of the Biggest Loser Workout. That sure will keep your butt. But I want to do my excerise ball for a little bit and maybe strecth out my sore muslces.
Robyn, at least you seem to have a positive attitude towards your gain and you are ready to get back on track. Sorry your meeting wasn't so great today! Hope you find your living room again! As for the bat, they think it was already in the house hiding and was disturbed. But last night we didn't have any more flying around the house. Thank God! Enjoy your get together tonight. I guess our friends want us to go to one of their friend's party before we go to the local bar for a while.
Well I better go and get my workout finished. I will try to check back in with you all sometime today. If not, have a Happy and Healthy New Year! Plus be safe if you go out.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 12-31-2005, 01:32 PM   #190  
Swimming Mouse

Afternoon, all.
I was apparently among the many that couldn't sleep last night. I was up till around 3, and back up at 7:30. :sigh: I have to work tomorrow at the gym (most of the lifeguards are real party'ers, so our director had given the shift to me several months ago!), and then am going to see my friend at the hospital. I'm going with the other person who went with me last time, and one of the managers of the whole gym. I'm hoping that the other guard that is a friend of mine will come too; he has been avoiding going.
So, I won't be doing a whole lot tonight... I think I'll just watch the DVDs I received from NetFlix and get some chinese food. The chinese is a tradition in my family: not sure when it started, but I remember it for most of my life. One reason we do it is because nobody in my family likes pork and saurkraut, but that is the local tradition where we live... so we do Chinese cabbage and pork!
Dawn: Glad your daughter's room is nearly finished. I bet she will really like it.
Kerry: Enjoy yourself tonight...
Robyn: No, the people at Staples didn't help me at all. The cashier tried and did get the manager on duty, but he wasn't really the store manager and just kind of shrugged and said I'd have to come back on Monday or call the 800 customer service number for the teacher rewards program. I've seen the Suduko puzzles but haven't gotten into them at all.
I made one play list for my friend, but I don't like it... and I'm glad I always listen before I burn stuff because I completely forgot that one of the songs had an anti-drunk driving message appended to the end of it. Its the finale from HairSpray, the musical (which is based in Baltimore), and its like 20 or 30 seconds after the main song. I definitely do NOT want that in there.
I guess I'll have to go play around somemore later today.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:31 PM   #191  
burned out bus driver

ANother short hello......Atilla was in such a horrible mood because he was actually cleaning the garage....and the miserable mood results from that. Thanks for your condolences. Robyn- 2.4# is nothing......probably a lot of it is salt/water....and will be gone next week. (I missed last week but am going on Wed- my WI will not be too pretty either.)
Pam- enjoy Predator......I read some of the reviews on B&N.com and it was not all that well recieved. For me, I found it a vast improvement over The last Precinct (did not really like that all that much) - I liked Trace- and did enjoy Predator. One character in particular was at least prevalent throughout the book and that made me happy.......yup, I am leaving out details deliberately. BTW- Cornwell herself is a bit of a wierdo.....did some online research on her. But Iguess you have to be "off" to come up with plots like these.
Mouse, Kerry, Summer, Dawn and Michele- sorry not to get personal, we are getting ready to go see King Kong.....and I get little time (if any ) to the computer with Dh and the kids home. Happy New Year all!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 12-31-2005, 04:28 PM   #192  

Happy New Year everyone!
No big plans for us tonight. Hopefully going out to dinner, as my kitchen is clean and I don't want to mess it up.
I have managed over this week off to gain three pounds...... I guess it could have been much worse. Tomorrow I am going to journal everything, drink water, and start excercising. Haven't made it to get the total gym yet. It was a gift to me......From me.....My friend is selling it and she is letting me make payments on it. So, that's great.
I have read the first three chapters in Predator.....Not liking the way Lucy is acting so far, sort of pissing me off....Had to make myself put it down so I could clean the bedroom, and drag the rest of the stuff up to the attic. Tomorrow, I am going to read, read, read. Can't believe it is time for us to go back to work. I'm not ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No time to get personal, still need to vacuum in here before my husband gets home, and I get nothing done after that....

Have a safe and Happy New Year! See ya in 2006!

Pam
pamisuzinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:51 PM   #193  

Happy New Year!!

I got my house completely cleaned!! I can't believe I did it. I still am not feeling all that well, but I get to start school with a nice clean house. I am getting ready to start my workouts again because I actually feel like I can make it through without passing out. We shall see. I've been really good on my eating though.

I have so much stuff to do when I go back to school on Tuesday. Kids don't come in until Wednesday so I should have plenty of time to get everything finished. I have company over so I guess I should go. I'll check back in later.
teacherlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #194  
burned out bus driver

My condolences to those who are returning to work tomorrow. I face the music on Tuesday.......

Dawn-now that you are done cleaning your house, how about cleaning mine?
(I wasted 2 days ripping apart the house looking for Ds's wallet- and I mean ripped the house apart......a wasted effort BTW) Glad you have been good with your eating........keep up the good work.

Robyn- I will be screaming with you tomorrow, when I am down to hours left......hope you get a chance to read Predator. I did enjoy it....I did the same thing as you pulling out all the "lost" stuff.....scrambling all over the house. Funny, I can do sort of ok for most of the year as far as organization goes, and then Nov/Dec hits and my organization skills go to the dogs. Good luck getting set up for tomorrow.

Pam- glad you are getting some Predator time in. Lucy is not my favorite character at all.....Benton describes her rather well toward the end of the book (think it is at the 2/3 point.....). She drives me nuts, and for me it seems wierd how someone so bright can be so dumb. Congrats on the gym membership. And only 3#? You will have that off in no time......so much of what we eat this time of year is salty.

Got my WW tape in this am......feeling "salty" myself, we got chinese last nite and TOM is due this week. I am not expecting great things this week at WI time.....Happy 2006 everyone......better go. Just wanted to sneak in a quick hello.
Ginny
Old 01-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #195  
KAR

Happy New Year everyone,
I am not looking forward to going back to school tomorrow either Robyn. I know it will be a very long day too where I work the afterschool program until 6. Than I will be off to the gym and home to rest probably. Hope you are able to get your stuff done for school today.
Dawn, glad you are feeling a little bit better. So what kind of workout's do you like to do? I told my dh this morning when we woke up for the 2nd time and stayed up that I wasn't going to put in a workout today. That after dancing with our friends for 2 hours after midnight that I needed to let my legs and stomach rest today. So are you looking forward to a smaller class come Wednesday? Hope you are able to enjoy your last few days!
Ginny, so did you ever find your ds's wallet? Hope you were able to put your house in some sort of order today. So feeling a little salty after Chinese last night huh? Hope you are feeling a little bit better. Sending postive thoughts your way for Wednesday's wi.
Pam, a 3 pound gain isn't that bad due to the holidays. You will take it off in no time. Sounds like you have a great plan lined up to hold yourself accountable. So did you get to go out for dinner last night than? Hope you are able to enjoy your last few days of freedom!
Mouse, did you get your cd's burned for your friend? Hope she is recovering nicely. So did your one friend who hasn't see her yet go with you and your coworkers? So were you busy at the gym today? I hope you enjoyed your movies and chinese last night!
Hi to Sue, Summer, Michelle and Fran. Hope all is well for you all!
Talk to you all later.
Take care,
Kerry