3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 12-25-2005, 08:30 PM   #166

This has been the strangest holiday. My husbands car decided to die. We have to take it to the shop tomorrow. Then this morning I was putting in a load of laundry to dry and the dryer wouldn't turn on. It is completely dead. What a weekend.

The good news is that I reached my Christmas goal. I'm so excited. A friend of mine wants to have a biggest loser challenge. So starting Jan. 1 we are going to compete to see who loses 12 pounds first. Our deadline is Valentine's Day. That gives us awhile to reach the goal. The first one there is going to take the other one out for a relaxing evening. Our husbands agreed to keep the kidos. I'm pretty excited.

I would like to lose a few pounds between now and then though. Maybe another 3. I think that is probably doable because I have a week to get there. I'm really excited about going in on Tuesday to move half of the desks out of my room. I can't wait to go back to school with only 14 kids. Yeah!!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Talk to you all tomorrow.

1 dragonfly for every 5 pounds lost

Dawn
Fit Day

Valentine's Day Goal
teacherlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:37 AM   #167
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Where is everyone? Guess you are all off enjoying your time off from school! I have spent the best part of the last 3 days sleeping. Since I've been able to lay around, drink when I want to, sleep when I want to, yadda, yadda, I've been able to get over this cold much faster than if I'd been at school dealing with it! I think I'm nearly over it!

Yesterday I got a phone call that one of my retired teacher friends died on Christmas day. How horrible is THAT? I will go to the service for her. I'm not too sure what I will wear as I 've got no dresses that even remotely fit me. I guess I will call my sister and ask to borrow one of her black skirts. I can wear that with my boots and a sweater and I'll look ok.... well, as ok as I'm gonna look right now!

Anyway....hello to all! Sorry to hear about the baby gift, Mouse. I hope that the credit card company sorts it out! And it is great to hear that you are going to be AuntMouse to the new arrival!

Dawn, congrats on making your Christmas goal. I have put the holiday and the fudge behind me and I'm moving on! I've always been about nibbling candy and cookies....and with the house full of that crap, it has been very difficult! Today, there will be none of that stuff in my fat hand! My dh stuffed my stocking full of stuff (books, gummy candy, hand cream, etc..) that he knows that I can have....I guess I need to concentrate on the things that I was given and not what everyone else has or had (until I decided to eat it all!)! I bet you are excited to be chopping your class in half and giving some away! I'd gladly go in while on break to pull/push the desks out of the room too!

Gin, Kerry and everyone else! Hello! Hope your holidays are going well! I'm off to take a shower and see if I can truly breathe today! (fingers crossed!)
ya'll take care,
meeee

HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 01:22 PM   #168
MomWifeTeacherFriend

just me.... talking to myself again! I discovered a wonderfully helpful web site that is offering free memberships. google spark people to get there. I don't think that I can post the link here..... it is full of all kinds of resources for weight loss etc... BUT... I do think 3fc remain the Queens!

talk to you (or myself) later! take care, meee

Old 12-27-2005, 03:25 PM   #169
burned out bus driver

Aw Robyn, you ain't talking to yourself.......there is life out here (although I can hardly call myself much of a life with this crummy cold.). Sorry for not posting- the past few days have been SO busy and I have tried 2x to post and my computer got hung up. So this will be short- and hopefully will stick.

Robyn- so sorry to hear about your friend.......had she been ill? (did that force the retirement?). Hugs and condolences. Hey you going to WW this week??? (I am taking the week off, too much going on with the kids and Dh who is home).

Mouse- how are you doing?

Gotta go.....sorry if I missed you and I am also not sure if this post will work........see ya tomorrow.
Ginny

Dawn- congrats on making your Christmas goal......be that feels good!
Old 12-27-2005, 07:22 PM   #170
Swimming Mouse

Hi, all.

Robyn: Its okay to talk to yourself, as long as you don't start answering yourself. I talk to myself all the time (though I try to convince myself that I'm talking to the cat!). Glad that you are almost over your cold and sorry to read about your friend.

Ginny: You have a cold too? I had one the weekend before school let out, but it magically went away. I'm doing okay, although I'm having issues with spring classes. My class was cancelled again, and my back-up class (which my advisor suggested based on the fact that it was at a campus far from my former employer) is now being taught by my former supervisor... at the campus that isn't anywhere near my former employer. I, of course, am not taking that class.

<?> Swimming Minutes: ? (Goal: ? hours)
<?> Swimming Miles: ? (Goal: ? miles)
Workouts on hold due to surgery 8/06
Weight Minutes: On hold
Goals Met 2006:

Anonymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:34 AM   #171

Hey everyone!
I hope everyone is enjoying a great break and is having happy holidays....I just got back from Virginia Beach last night and walked into a Christmas box, paper nightmare.....Ughhhhhh So, I think I will try and tackle some of that today......
I am feeling very depressed this morning. I don't know why. I have been eating like there is no tomorrow. I know I have gained about three pounds this week. Seriously.....However, we have no food in this house, maybe that will help. Christmas was great. I got a digital camera and docking station, so maybe once I figure out how to work it, I will post some pics up here.....Or not....Ha! Also, a karaoke machine......My dog is hiding...Think we scared her last night. Although, I will say, that my hubby can do a mean rendetion of Billy Idol's White Wedding.....
Robyn: Sorry you have been sick. About two years ago, I ended up with the flu. I got sick the day we got out of school, and was unable to walk until Christmas Eve. Needless to say, I had a lot to do that day. Hope you are feeling better.

Hey to everyone else..........Please give me motivation. I need to get some weight gone before March 1st. (Our cruise.)

Be back later....
Pam
Old 12-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #172
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Welcome home, Pam! I'm glad that there is no rule that says I can't talk to myself...but it is much more fun when you guys are here! Sorry to hear about the class difficulties, Mouse! Gin, I go to my WW meetings on Saturdays. I did not go on Christmas Eve cause I was feeling so icky...but I will be going on New Years Eve......as I HAVE to reel this butt back into place! I'm not too sure where I am with things... I'm back on track with my eating tho! FINALLY!

I took down our Christmas Branch (as the 2princes called it!) last night as it had gotten crispy and began shedding those wonderful (NOT) cedar tree pieces when ever it was even brushed against! I have spent the days since Christmas day trying out various new pajama pieces! However, today the fun of flannel must end! I've not only got to get to the grocery to get some healthy food....we have a command performance at my mother's tonight! All of my mother's family is coming to her house for some sort of family torture event. I had considered begging out of it...but my mother promptly acted like a baby....and well, I would like to see one of my cousins...so I guess we're going! I think that I will demand that my dh takes his own car so that he can escape without making the rest of us miserable! I'm taking the rest of the Christmas cookies and that darn fudge! I've got to get it out of the house...altho it has been 2 or 3 days since I've heard the fudge calling to me! Gotta get up and move....my hip is killing me due to being so lazy lately! I don't know what will happen with it, but I'm going to dust off my old Leslie cd and see if I can do a 1 mile walk! Gotta start small........

Ok...enough babble from ME!
Ya'll take care,
meeee

Old 12-28-2005, 04:09 PM   #173
KAR

Okay let me try this one more time. I typed a long post and it won't post. I got feed up waiting on it to post. So I gave up.
My Christmas visit home was good. Enjoyed seeing my sister's new house and visiting with everyone.
I went to TOPS last night and gained 1 3/4 pounds. I was a little disappointed since I put in some kick butt workouts last week. My dh was a little helpful and said that it was probably the salty ham we had for dinner on Christmas. I am going to renew my vow to take off the weight and this coming year will be the year to do it.
My dsd is going to join Curves with me. So I think that will help motivate me too! Her goal is to get some of the weight off of her tummy so she can be catcher again this year for softball and to run faster.
She helped me spend my Christmas money too at Wal-mart today. I was able to get the Leslies Sansone Walk Away the Pounds book, Dance off the Inches 2 DVD's and the Biggest Loser Workout DVD. She even told me that she would do the workout's with me too. So maybe I need to add another weight tracker on my signuature for my birthday goal. I would like to be down to 175 pounds by my birthday in May. So I hope I can reach that goal.
Sounds like you are all enjoying the time off. I have really enjoyed the laid back days I have had and playing games with my stepkids. I know I will be sad on the 2nd when I have to go back to school. Oh well, than I can start the count down to spring break I guess.
Well I better go and try to post this. If it works I will be back on later to chat with you all!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 12-28-2005, 04:52 PM   #174
KAR

Robyn I just wanted to tell you that I check out that website. It is a great movitation tool! Thanks for the info. That is just what I needed to reach my weight loss goals for next year!
Old 12-28-2005, 05:12 PM   #175
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Hey Kerry! Welcome home! Yes, salty ham will do that to you! AND Tonight I am off to face salty ham and other various treats at my mother's annual extended family soiree. I am not anxious to go.... or actually, I"m very anxious about going! I'm not too worried about what I will eat. I have done well all day... and no matter what I eat tonight... It isn't going to make THAT much difference! I am wearing a black velvety or is it velour sweat suity thing that I've had for eons but didn't fit into...... now I fit...and I'm not too sure I have the guts to pull this off.... but I have to....as I've changed my clothes for THE last time and my dh is making fun of me! LOL So... Here I go. I'm glad that you found the other site to be helpful! My log in is the same there.... just in case you were looking for me! Hehehehe!

I'm off to pack the car..... and deal with a miserable husband AND relatives AND salty ham AND fudge! Talk to you on the other side!
Take care,
meee

Old 12-28-2005, 08:45 PM   #176
KAR

Evening All,
Hope everyone enjoyed today. I think my dsd is trying to kill me. This evening we tried out the 15 minute dance off the inches dvd. It was a lot of fun. But I did realize that I have no rhythm and need to work on it. LOL Well she wanted me to do the 10 minute dance off at the end. I said there is no way sweetie that I can do it. By that time I had already worked out for a total of 2 hours today. I am feeling it tonight in my stomach and legs. She might just help blast that fat off of me. LOL
Robyn hope you had a nice time at your mom's get together. I am sure you looked just fine in the outfit. By the way how do you get the second tracker on your signuature. I tried that tonight and couldn't get it to come up.
Hello to everyone else. I think I am going to go read a little bit before going to bed. Talk to you all later.
Have a great evening.
Kerry
Old 12-28-2005, 09:34 PM   #177
KAR

Just seeing if my new signature came up.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:41 PM   #178

Sounds like everyone is having an eventful break. We've had a lot of problems to deal with. Our dryer stopped working and when the guy came to look at it today he discovered it was just a burnt out fuse. Thank goodness, it didn't cost hardly anything to fix. I was convinced we would need a new dryer. However, my husband's car has been acting up. We took it in to get worked on and they said it would be about $155. Then they called today and said what they did didn't fix it. So they finally found what was wrong with it. So now it will be another $80 on top of the $155. Not too much, but more than I wanted it to be.

My daughter wanted her room redone for Christmas so we have been working on that during break. We got the walls painted, border up, and hardwood floors down. It looks awesome. Now all we have to do is put the trim and doors back up.

The really bad thing is that I'm sick, again. I was sick all through Thanksgiving break, and never really got better. Now, it's back full force. Sore throat, coughing, fever, very very sleepy. This means I have not been working out for the last 3 days. I am going to be crushed if I gain back some of the weight I've lost. I really wanted to lose another 3 pounds this week before my friend and I started our own biggest loser challenge. Doesn't look like that's going to happen. Well I'm getting a fuzzy head so I'm off to take another nap.

1 dragonfly for every 5 pounds lost

Dawn
Fit Day

Valentine's Day Goal
teacherlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:55 AM   #179
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Sorry that you are not feeling well, Dawn! Tell me about this DanceOffthe inches dvd, Kerry? 15 minutes? Sounds like something I could fit into my schedule! Glad you figured out the signature thing! My mom's was fine. I ate too much crap......of course!

gotta run......take care, meee

Old 12-29-2005, 12:12 PM   #180
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I don't know whether I like being on break or not?! I have managed to do 8.12 miles in the last 3 days, but THE JUNK !! I'm going shopping tomorrow, so I won't be around to mindlessly munch. I don't even want to THINK about stepping on a scale!

Well, I guess I'd better just enjoy the time off--it'll be over soon enough (we go back Tuesday)!

Happy Thursday!

Michele