Old 09-19-2005, 08:33 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Julie... did you know today was the National Talk like a Pirate Day????? REALLY.. It was. :-)
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:38 PM   #47  

LOL Cherie, Thanks!! I had no idea. I didn't even know there was such a day. I just told my boy before he got in the tub and he was running around saying ARRRRRRR!!!! He has got a patch for his eye, hook for his hand and the hat.

Oh girls....I was looking at some pics tonight from last year and my weight is up. I was so in control of my eating last year. Tonight I made chili and topped it with tons of cheese and fritos. I will get back on track. Even if I have to carry around old pictures.

Lets all have a healthy and happy Tuesday tomorrow. My goal is to eat three meals and cut back on sugar and salt. And to drink more water. I might start writing down my meals for the next day for a while just until I am back in the swing of things.
GOOD NIGHT Ladies.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:47 PM   #48  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Ahoy mateys! Arrrrggggh..... i jumped on the scale and shiver me timbers!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:49 AM   #49  

:-) Good Morning everyone!

Julie... chili.. oh that sounds so yummy. I can't wait til it cools down a little and I can make a big pot! In fact, I might not wait til it cools down.. that would be something really good for tomorrow when Alan comes. Fritos, chili and cheese... :-) YUM!

Noelle... I hear ya on the scale thing. That is one scary thing.

Well, yesterday, I ordered, picked up and installed a new digital cable box, its a HD/DVR box. So.. now I can watch those cool HD channels and I can have it record all my shows so I WON'T MISS survivor again. I got Hannah the HBO family channel, so she can get her Crashbox again, it's a kids educational program that is really really cool. It's on HBO on Demand, so she can watch it anytime. Its something I can watch with her and we both learn!

Tonight... it's time for the Biggest Loser. Thankfully, I have the DVR programmed to tape it since I will be taking Megan to her first Daisy meeting.. (and possibly Hannah to her first Brownie meeting).

Oh.. I didn't exercise last night.. no excuses.. just was having too much fun with the new digital channels. Tonight... I gotta get my butt into gear. I'm leaving in a month for the cruise.. and I still haven't seem to have lost any weight.. inches.. which is good, but no weight. So I need to buckle back down and just work!

OK.. back to work here.. I'll check in later!

Cherie
Old 09-20-2005, 06:24 PM   #50  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, what's shaking? Us guys in Hawaii are watching 3 storms brewing east of our islands (Hurricane Jova, T.S. Kenneth and Hurricane Max). The first system is supposed to pass about 350 miles east of the Big Island, but with the other 2 right behind, you never know what could happen. I was at Costco this morning putting gas in my car ($3.09 p/gal reg and $3.23 premium ) then I went inside to buy a couple of cases of water, batteries and somed canned goods 'just in case'. It seems everyone else was doing the same. We haven't been hit buy a major hurricane since 9/11/92 (Iniki). I think people are a little freaked out since Katrina and now with Rita. Better prepared then not, eh?

Cherie, enjoy your digital cable and DVR thingy. That is so cool to have. I still have my old analog cable box from about 10 years ago . I'm looking into maybe getting the Dish network? Does anyone know about that system? My cable tv and internet bill are going up so much, I'm thinking of switching to the dish and maybe DSL of some kind....things to ponder anyway. I didn't realize there was Girl Scouts younger than Brownies, the Daisies, how cute! Is it cookie selling time yet?

Julie, you are a beautiful, kind person--don't let those pictures get you down. If they motivate you, great, but if they make you feel down in the dumps, fahgeddaboutit!

What's happening to the other ladies around here? Hope everything is alright... come out come out wherever you are.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:56 PM   #51  

Hey girls, GoodEvening

Noelle, hurricanes around you now, my god....stay safe. I can't have two of my dear friends in a hurricane. I hope the storms pass! I never knew how to spell fahgeddaboutit, LOL ! Love it. Can't stop saying it now. Haha.......I am a goof.

Cherie are you getting ready for the Biggest Loser? I am, it is a good tv night. I want to watch the Biggest Loser and Dancing with Stars-Dance Off.
Girl, I have been making chili all summer. I know though it is a cold weather meal. But I can't go to long without a bowl of chili . Hope the meeting were fun and went well tonight with the girls!

Hi everyone. Come on out and say Hello . Take care girls. Bye for now.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:49 PM   #52  

Hey girls whats going on?
It is sunny and a warm 84 degrees here. Can't complain! Did anyone watch The Dance off-Dancing with the Stars? I watched it last summer and wanted to watch the re-match last night. I could not believe how that John O'Hurley was whining how he wanted a rematch to dance again because he should have won! He was going up against Kelly Monaco, she has the best skinny body ever. Okay enough babbling about that.
Just wanted to check and see if anyone was here.
Hi Cherie, Noelle, Angie, Kempy, Dips and Cal!!!! Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:01 PM   #53  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, happy hump day. Not much going on here. Good news though, those hurricanes that have been coming slowly my way, they've been downgraded and are going to the northwest so they should only cause some humid conditions and some rain in the afternoons through the weekend. So I'm happy about that. I am being a good girl and doing my work like I should be doing. I'm almost caught up so maybe I can stop by here and goof off more.

I got in touch w/one of my high school girlfriends and she lives in Laguna Hills, CA, she says about 20 minutes away from Disney so I may hook-up with her for dinner one night. Haven't seen her since...well, I think I last her when I was pregnant--that's how long ago, 6-7 years? It'll be nice to reconnect.

Julie, I don't think I caught any TV last night. We did play 2 games of Scrabble though I had to put a ban on TV and video game playing for Michael because he got in trouble in school for talking excessively after being warned several times . (He's portuguese for gosh sakes--and in Hawaii, "portuguese" means not only race, it means motor-mouth ) It's the same old story as last year. This is the 2nd time in 2 weeks. Well, last week he got in trouble because he was making "noises". He does the same things at home and I just can't get him to stop short of taping his mouth shut. Any ideas? I have a P/T conference tomorrow afternoon so I'm sure well be discussing that.

Has anyone heard from Angie? I'm getting worried about her and her daughter...think I'll send an email over, but I don't wanna be intrusive.

Well, i guess i should get back to work

Hi to everyone else

Cherie, so what did you catch on TV last night? Anything good? I canceled my Blockbuster movie pass rental thing and will switch to Netflix instead. THen I don't have to even drive to the store. Am i lazy or what? When do your girls have a fall break from school?
Old 09-21-2005, 10:49 PM   #54  

Noelle, glad for you and your family the storm got downgraded. About little Michael, boys will be boys! I know I have one, haha.... I have my conference coming up for my ds. I am praying everything is going smooth. I think everything will be fine with our boys . Let me know how the conference went. Have fun catching up with your girlfriend. I am sure it will bring back alot of good memories of your friendship and you being pregnant with your son.

My mom gave me a call tonight and told me to turn on the news channel, did any of you see the Jet Blue airplane do the emergency landing tonight? It was pretty scary. The front landing gear was stuck sideways. I watched the landing live. Those pilots are heros. They landed the plane and the front wheels were sparking and there was a little fire but it went out by the plane came to a stop. It was really dramatic! God was watching over those people for sure.
Okay girls it is almost 10:00 pm! The morning comes to fast. Going to go and get ready for bed. GoodNight! Have a great Thursday tomorrow.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:58 AM   #55  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello my girls

I'm sooo sorry that I've been absent these past several days but my new school and work schedule takes some getting used to. Today however I would love for that to be my biggest problem but now it is the least of them.

I got a letter from the Army ordering my mobilization back into active duty. Ya girl is being pulled back in. Good thing I still have the old uniforms, huh.

I have to report to duty in about a month. In the meantime I have to withdraw from school, quit my job and figue out what I'm going to do about my apartment. BF doesn't know yet but he won't be too thrilled about it. My mom and aunt cried all night.

I know that Cherie and Kempy have dealt with real issues this year so I won't be so insensitive as to let this break me as I know there are much worse things that can happen but DAMN This SUCKS!! I was so happy to be getting school going but I guess in essence, school will still be there whenever I get back.

Noelle- So very glad that you didn't get hit with the hurricanes.
J- My sunshine, I bet you make a really good chilli. I would love to try it.
That "Biggest Loser" show is some good quality tv. I LOVE it!!
Angie- What's poppin babe, hope everything is okay with you and your family.
Cherie- How's the diet and excersise coming along?

I have to go to work now. We're in the middle of a big project and everyone is more excited than I've seen in forever so I won't tell them until after the project is complete.

Anyways, keep in mind that I'm just sharing this info with my girls. I'm not sad and deppressed, just a little pissed off. Don't be sorry for me just join me in my pissed-hood I'll keep everyone posted.
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 11:08 AM   #56  

((((((((DIPS))))))))) I am so sorry to hear your news. What a major upheave for you. This is a life changing event, as much as what Kempy and I have gone through, so just know, we are here for you, and will do anything we can to help. You just never know what life is going to throw at you. I am so sorry, I knew you were so excited about school and being back home in NYC. ((((((HUGS))))))

Noelle.. I am so happy to hear that the hurricanes will miss you. Where are these reported? And why don't we hear about them here in the States??????

Julie... I finally watch The Biggest Loser last night.... and the premiere of Lost. I am so loving this DVR thingie... fast forwarding through the commercials. I can greatly reduce my TV watching time if I just let it record my shows, and then come back and watch them later! Time Management!

Angie... We are thinking about you and your family. I hope you are OK.. Please check in soon we are all worried about you.

Kempy.. same with you.. hope you are doing well, and life is getting back to normal.

Holly and Cal! HI! :-)

Well... for the first time in three years, I am happy I am not living in Houston anymore. I have called Steven's dad and step mom and they are being evacuated. I have offered my home to them. I have also tried to call Natalie and her family, but they were in the middle of a family disscussion and she hasn't called back. I hope they can get their stuff and get out of there. This hurricane that is going to hit the coast is going to be bad.

Well... I took off a week and have just been feeling blah.. it's a vicious cycle... you stop exercising, and stop eating right, then you stop feeling good about yourself, and you stop feeling good, and then you don't want to eat right, and you don't want to exercise.. and you just sprial. Well, I do anyway. So, today, I am back to focusing on my goal. All I have to show for my week of endulgence is tighter pants. So, I am back with a modified version of Phase one and a smidgen of Phase two. And my butt will get on that treadmill tonight one way or the other.

OK.. well, I better get back to work... OH and Julie... I got stuff to make chili for this weekend! :-) You got me craving it!

Talk soon!

Cherie
Old 09-22-2005, 02:50 PM   #57  
so close, yet so far...

Default I am such a klutz

Hey girls, I was washing my car yesterday afternoon and like a dummy I stood on a chair (something I always do) to dry off the roof. Well, after going up and down a few times, the ground below was a little wet and my left foot slipped out from under me and I landed on my right hip . I think I overextended my right leg so it hurts like a s.o.b.! I had to get up on my knees and haul my big @ss up to my feet by holding onto the garage railing because no one was around. What a dummy. I know I shouldn't have been standing on that damn chair--with my dad falling off the stool not too long ago and hurting his arm... and to make matters worse, I only got done wiping half the car so the other half has water spots--AND Rick had to take Michael to his karate lesson afterward and it freakin' RAINED! So i hurt myself for NOTHING! I am taking 800 mg of ibuprofen for the inflammation and it's working so far. No visible bruises but my joints are out of whack. I do hope I can walk during my vacation. If this isn't incentive to lose weight I don't know what is. My gawd, I am so pissed at myself. BTW Michael took his exam for his orange belt and I think he did really good, so come Monday he may be a higher rank

Dips, ya mon, that sucks about the recall I bet your old uniforms will be too big. all I can say is Godspeed, friend. Any idea when this will all take place and where you'll be going? I'm right there crying w/your mother

Cherie, you're making me want a DVR now. Am I finally going to succumb to digital cable??? I just heard that Hurricane Rita was downgraded to a Cat 4, still huge, but a little bit of good(?) news. I know you have many friends and family in TX and I send my prayers to keep them all safe. You know, I don't know why some on the mainland don't hear about stuff going on in the pacific. Maybe because of Katrina and Rita being such BIG storms a "maybe" hurricane threat to our tiny little islands isn't such news...that's my take on it. Our Costco and Sam's clubs were actually out of stock on bottled water, there was an article in the paper about that. The good thing is that all of the 3 storm systems near here are weakening. You never know what will kick up next though.

Julie, that JetBlue landing was amazing. That pilot was so skilled and he just saved everyone's @sses. Imagine being on the plane watching through the video monitors--that must've been so crazy with flames and the screeching metal. I'm so glad everyone was safe.

Well, I should get my butt back into a comfy position so i don't aggravate my aches and pains. You girls have a good day and wish me a speedy recovery so i can have fun at Mickey's house
Old 09-22-2005, 07:19 PM   #58  

Hi Girls. I popped in before but now I have a little time to post.

Dips I feel bad for you. Because I know how much you are enjoying your apartment, school and work sounds like it is going great. Hugs!! Are you going back to Italy? I hope you are going somewhere you will like atleast. Keep us posted.

Noelle, you poor poor thing!! I hope you heal up in time for your vacation. Go Michael on his exam !! You know as you said to Cherie, I don't hear that much about stuff going on in Hawaii. I wish I did. I can tell you some farming and Packer news if you want it, Just Kidding! I will not bore you with the details .

Cherie, I hope your friends and family are safe. I just can't imagine how scared everybody is after Katrina hit. I think I am on the same page as you as far as taking a week off. Well I think I took a little longer than a week from excersing and eating right . Soon as my pms terror time is done I am making a commitment . I have to. Don't you just love fast fowarding through the commericals? Haha....it is like saying I don't have to watch these dumb advertisements if I don't have to LOL.

Gotta run girls. Dh just came in and said he and dd are making an apple crisp, I don't think I will be able to resist a warm serving with a scoop of ice cream !! Check back later tonight.

For all of you not posting just know I miss you very much !
Old 09-22-2005, 10:07 PM   #59  

Btw....TGIF
Old 09-23-2005, 12:02 PM   #60  

Noelle!!!!!! Oh girl, I hope you are feeling better today. You poor thing. :-( Good Luck to Micheal!!!! That's pretty exciting!

Julie.. APPLE CRISP??????? Oh YUM... I just love those and apple pies. YUM.

I am sitting here watching the news online from Houston... the waters and waves are starting up now on the coast. I think I'll be watching this all day long. My friend Nat and her family are staying put, they tried to leave yesterday, but couldn't. The traffic was so bad, and I haven't heard from Steven's dad either.. and he is right in the way of the eye of the hurricane. I hope they left last night like he said.

Do any of you have a digital scale to weigh your food? I am trying to find a good one. I also splurged and ordered a heart rate moniter last night. So I am going to get really serious about this diet and exercise thing.

Oh wow.. a levee broke again in New Orleans. :-(

OK.. well, I better get back to work.. I'll talk to you soon.

Cherie

Oh.. weight in.. 154.00 today. Down 1.5 from two weeks ago. :-)