Old 09-09-2005, 07:42 PM   #16  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello girls!

School is a son of a gun to get started. I have all these books to buy and ofcourse they are sold out at all the stores because everybody else needs them and then one of my classes got canceled because there weren't enough students so I had to rearrange my schedule which was a pain beacause I had to make sure it didn't conflict with my work schedule but its all good now so lets learn!

Cherie- The scale can be a tricky thing. Keep in mind that when you work out, your body retains water so the scale will fluctuate. Don't sweat it, you are doing fabulously. Keep it up!

Kempy- I'm thinking about you, Hon. Keep your spirirts up. I miss you so much

Noelle- I am going through an adjustment period but I'm doing fine. School is going to be tough while working full time but I'm ready. Sucks about your work computer, hope thatworks out. I've been doing some school shopping myself. Got some cool notebooks, pens, post-its and a day planner. I'm cookin' with grease now!

Hi J- My little ray of sunshine. I love the little gift bags that come with mall cosmetics. Anyway, you work that foundation like you got it going on!

Cal- You are an awesome teacher, your eval should acknowledge that. Let us know how it went

By the way, Babes, I interviewed for the supervisor position the other day. My boss said the interview was "flawless" I find out if I got the job next week. Wish me luck! Goodness knows I need the dough
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 172.50/162.00/145.50

Height: 5'2"

Hey Dips... good luck on your interview! I hope you get the job.

Well, I didn't exercise yesterday. I wasn't because I needed the break (I had actually exercised every day for the past two weeks) rather, it was because I let what the scale said yesterday affect my mood and that is why I blew it off. I also ate a few things more than what I had planned. All because of what that damn scale said.

Today, I am back on track. It's been a small stuggle, but I just had lunch.. so I am feeling better. I have already gotten back on the treadmill this morning and did an hour. Now I am about to take the girls to the park and get out of the house.

I'll check back in later....

Cherie
PhotogirlTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 07:50 PM   #18  

Good Evening on this Saturday!

Hi girls

Cherie, good job being back on track. You know I have been excercising and taking 20-30 minute walks and I weighed in and not a difference! But I am not giving up my walks. They just make me feel better even though the scale is not going down like I want. Don't give up girl, I know you won't though. You are doing very well . I like Clinque too. I think they are having their gift days around the beginning of October here. I just wanted to try a new Foundation and I actually like it. It is called Equalizer. Cool about Girl Scouts. Love the cookies. I think I will get my daughter in it when she is older.

Dips I will get my fingers crossed about the job. I bet you landed the job!
Glad the schedule got figured out for you.

Well girls going to watch some tv. Playing nurse here still, lol....everyone is still getting over their colds. Didn't do to much today, my mom and my brother came over to visit. We are having a major heat wave, it was in the upper eighties today. And so humid you could drink the air. Heat index way over 90. But we are suppose to cool down this week. Yeah!

Angie where have you been? Miss ya and hope everything is fine with you.

Hi Noelle, Kempy, Cal, Holly, Cherie, Angie and Dips.
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 09:32 PM   #19  

Well... I ended up going out to dinner with my neighbors to a local mexican restaurant. I logged all my food, and I think I did fairly well, but I do need to go jump on the treadmill to not feel guilty about it.

Tomorrow, I will be out of pocket. Going back to church, and then going up to the nurse who befriended Steven house and she and her husband are making lunch for the girls and I... then the girls will have a chance to swim in her pool.. and after that.. Alan told me to call him and stop by his place, WITH the girls! :-) Then I'll come home and do my treadmill work again. (I am getting up a little early and watch the F1 race while on the treadmill, so I will get both of my workouts in).

OK.. well, I need to get off here, do some walking.. then do some work in preparing for Monday's payroll.

Have a great rest of the weekend girlies!

Cherie
Old 09-10-2005, 10:32 PM   #20  

Cherie, have a great time at Alan's with the girls! It sounds like you have a busy, but nice Sunday planned.

Good Night Girls....have a happy and safe Sunday!
Old 09-11-2005, 07:33 AM   #21  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Victory Shall Be MINE!!!

In all this madness that is my daily life I woke up to a scale which read 130.5 pounds. The kid is dangerous! I think the four hours of paddle ball with my dad did the trick this week. Sports will work your entire body, let me tell ya. I've never been this close to my goal. I'm sooo excited!

Cherie- I know how it is to be discouraged by the scale. My weight is always fluctuating which is why I weigh myself at the same time everyday to gauge it as acurately as possible. your weight fluctuates every day all day. Do not let the scale rule you, just use it as a guide. You are so determined and you're doing great. Glad the girls are having fun these days. They sound like a great spirited pair.

J- Keep up those walks. You will see a difference soon. Have fun doctoring up the kiddos. When I was a kid, that was what made being sick fun! I knew my mom would caterto my every need. She still does. Mommies are so great.

Angie- Don't go MIA on us. Where the heck are you??!!

Hi Noelle- I was watching an HBO special which was based in Hawaii. I won't get into the context of the show I just wanted to note that Hawaii is absolutely gorgeous. I would love to go someday. I gotta work that into me list of things to do before I'm 30...maybe 35
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:37 AM   #22  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning all!!! I didnt do much this weekend. We went and looked at new fifth wheels and travel trailers all day yesterday(just for fun since I am now officially maxed out!! ) We figured we would look for a floorplan that suits us and then look for used ones for cheap next summer maybe. I found the perfect one for us and it is pretty cheap new. It is a Tahit by Suncraft model number 28DBS. It has one slide for extra room and a bunk area for the kids. It would be perfect for while they are still young and then move up to aq fifth wheel when they grow up and move out. I can keep dreamin cant I? Oh yeah...my legs are killing me today from going up[ and down so many steps.

Cherie and Dips, You are doing an awesome job. I am so proud of you both. You would die to know what I weigh right now. It is my highest It makes me sad that food rules my life be it when I am thin or fat like now. I wished I could just think normally and eat normally.

Julie, You should have an email from me. I hope you can find something you like maybe a nice bath set or something and relax and enjoy some you time while the kids are in school. Love ya.!!!

Has anyone talked to Kempy this week? I should call her and see how they are doing this week.

I wished I was closer because it is killing me to see all of those dogs and cats with no help. I saw a newsclip where they were driving around shooting the dogs in St. Bernard Parish. That is terrible. The rescue groups are having trouble getting in to help them get out. I keep thinking of how hard it must be on the families to wonder how their pets are and not know. I mean It would be the straw that broke the camels back if I lost my home and everything I own and my pets on top of that. That maybe just me but my pets rank right up there with my kids. I donated to help the pets too. They cant really help themselves and they depend on us.

Noelle, I will try to post some pics of the truck this week...we have lots of goodies coming for it so I want to get pics of it all done up. I am a freak>.

Mickey(our dog) chewed all the whiskers off the face of the kitten this week. Poor guy is lopsided but he loves it when the dog nibbles him

Well, I gotta get to work.

Last edited by angieME; 09-11-2005 at 11:39 AM.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 01:51 PM   #23  

Hi girls

Angie, you are so sweet....I love the gift certificate. Thank you so much! Yup, Monday I turn 30 !
How fun looking at the fifth wheels, my neighbor has one and I always look at it when I walk by . I have not talked to Kempy this week. I should give her a buzz but I don't want to bother them if they are super busy. I miss her around here, maybe I will give her a jingle to see if I can do anything. You know I saw a special report on tv about the dogs and other animals that are lost from their families. It is just so sad. I saw a guy crying because he was so upset by the loss of his dog. I was thinking about getting together some old (but like new) baby clothes from the kids and sending them down there. I might contact our local tv stations to see if they need any clothes.
Your Mickey chewed off the kitties whiskers? LOL...I can't imagine what the poor thing looks like. Thanks again!

Dips you are doing grrrreat! Keep going girl !

I am going to try and get some work done around here. When my mom came over yesterday we had an ice cream cake and we are having another cake tomorrow. So I better get this butt moving. I think I won't be outside too much today. The heat index is 87 already. I am taligating already too just had some big sub sandwiches, hehe....the Packers come on this afternoon. Think of Brett Farve's right hand LOL, that is the one I shook last year. Sweet memories! .

Check back later on. Have a great Sunday. Hi Angie, Noelle, Dips, Kempy, Cherie, Holly and Cal!
Old 09-12-2005, 07:12 AM   #24  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE !!!

I hope you have a great birthday and get everything that you want.

Love ya
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:41 AM   #25  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Talking It's about time, young lady!

Happy Birthday Julie

LET'S PARTY!

Hope your day is filled with happy things and everything you wish for.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 12:06 PM   #26  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, happy Monday. I wasn't able to get online much this weekend. My dad slipped/fell off a step-stool a couple of weeks ago and he had to have surgery on Friday to get something fixed. He's left-handed and of course that's the shoulder that got injured...so he's a little incapcitated right now. Shoulder's all taped up and in a sling. Us girls have had to step up and take over all the housecleaning duties that he usually does--and just when we had him trained too! (I'm terrible, I know ) He'll probably lose a few pounds too because he can't really feed himself too well with his right hand--Hey! that's an idea for me!

Julie, well, as you can see the above post, I wish you only the happiest of birthdays. Whew, that heat index must be killer for you guys, your mom is so sweet to bring an ice cream cake for ya.

Cal, I got your message over the weekend...sorry I couldn't call ya back, I don't have your number stored in my new cel phone. Thanks for calling though, you're sweet. Yes! We go on vacation in about 3 weeks. How'd your weekend go? I sent you a PM.

Angie, OK, I guess because I've lived on an island all my life, I didn't know what a "fifth wheel" was so I had to go and look it up. Those are pretty cool! I didn't know they even come in 2-story?! That would be cool to have since you've got that fancy new truck to tow it eh? Did you see how Matthew McConnaughey(sp) helped to rescue all those cats and dogs? He is such a babe for doing that

Dips, you go girl!! You work it, you got it My gawd, the last time I weighed 130 was when I got married many eons ago Any word on the supervisor position?

Cherie, you are doing awesome! You live your life and enjoy the good things and you still lose weight--never mind the up and down thing, as Dips said, don't let the scale rule you.

Holly, give us a holler

Kempy, we miss you bud! How you holding up?
Old 09-13-2005, 09:20 AM   #27  

Sorry I was AWOL yesterday. It was Payroll Day, and I was futher behind than usual.

Happy Birthday Julie!!!! I hope you had a great great day!

Noelle.. I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope the surgery goes well this Friday. Keep us posted.

Dips WTG on your scale victory. At least one of us is making progress. I am STILL at 152.50. I was that last Friday, I was that the Friday before. On Labor Day Monday, I actually saw 150.00, but how the **** that happened I, don't know. I can't seem to get this body to let go of the fat. But.. I'll keep trying. You are inspiring me. I can't wait til I am down to 130.50.

Angie... we love ya no matter what weight you are. You've had some pretty tough and stressful times this summer. Its going to get better, and you will get your motivation back. In the meantime.. just continue to hang out here!

Kempy... we miss ya girl. I hope things are getting somewhat back to normal for you.

Cal... I hope school is doing fine!

Holly..hiya!!! Come back out and play!

OK.. well, I need to get busy here at work. Oh.... The Biggest Loser premieres tonight. I plan on being on my treadmill for the whole show. 90 minutes. Hopefully it will give me the extra motivation I need to continue and not give up!

Talk to you all soon!!!!

Cherie
Old 09-13-2005, 12:51 PM   #28  

Hi girls! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I tried to post last night but it wouldn't come up.

Noelle, that was so kind and thoughtful of you. I will have fun with the gift!
Hope your dad feels better soon. You will have to be his helper now. My mil just a surgery on her leg so I am going to make her some dinner this week.

Cherie, thanks for the reminder about that show. I would have totally forgot about it. I loved to watch it last year. Those people were so awesome on it.
Are you still doing SB? You will see those pounds drop, keep it up girlie!

Angie, how are you? I want to get over to target soon!

Dips how is school? Did you find out if you got the job? I hope you got the books that were sold out.

Cal almost break yet?

Thinking about you Kempy....

Holly are you?

My birthday was really nice yesterday. Dh and I moved our sectional to our downstairs family room and brought our couch up from down there, its a newer burgandy leather couch and then we went and got a new loveseat that is tan with some burgandy in it. It goes pretty nice. Dh got me some new walking shoes, a Paula Dean cookbook (i just love her!) and gift certificates to the mall and to get my hair done at a new place I want to try. He spoiled me this year. I ate way way way too much cake the last couple of days! Well girls dd wants lunch better run and the chores are calling my name. Check back later on. Have a great Tuesday everybody
Old 09-13-2005, 08:22 PM   #29  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, I am back online with my work computer and I am just dizzy with happiness. My 4-in-1 printer is working too, not just 2 out of 4 or 3 out of 4 like usual . Thank God for computer tech friends! I didn't get any breakfast (just coffee) or any lunch yet for that matter so I am starving. I guess I'll pick up my boy from school and see about getting something to eat. hehe, I got a bright yellow post card in the mail from WW yesterday, I am keeping it close to my heart. I am goingt to probably suck it up and join WW again when I get back from my vacation. I'm a little mortified about going since I gained back the weight that I lost there a year-and-a-half ago, but I'm sure they see people like me all the time, that's how they stay in business eh?

Julie, you're very welcome for the gift, whatever you choose--and choose something that makes YOU happy. Your DH did good this year, I'm so happy for you. How's your DS and DD liking their school year so far?

Cherie, you are probably getting ready to do your 90 minutes on the right about now. I think I'll try and watch that show too. I SO hear you on how hard it is to lose weight when you get older--it was much much easier to take off in my 20's. You go girl, you are inspiring to us with your determination.

I gotta run for now and pick up my boy. Hi to Angie, Kempy, Dips, Cal, Holly and everyone. Come out, come out wherever you are.

ps. thanks for the well wishes for my dad, I'll make sure he gets the healing vibes.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:56 AM   #30  

I am soooo frustrated. I am up another pound from yesterday!!!!!!!! Here is my food diary and exercise log. What am I doing wrong??? I am now 153.50. (On Labor Day I was 150.00 EVEN) I've exercised every single day except one (this past Friday) and over all, I've kept my calories pretty consistant over a week at a time's worth...

http://www.calorieking.com/public/?m...alendar_day=14

I just upset with my body, it's not doing what I want it to do, and yet I feel like I am putting in a 100% effort. I should have gotten that burger and fries last night like I wanted. Instead, I came home and made soft tacos. On my food diary, I just listed the amounts for taco bell soft tacos, but I know mine were much lower in calories. I used Carb Smart torts, and 97% lean ground beef, and low fat cheese... and not alot of it either. I just am not understanding why my body is resisting me so much.

Ok.. I am finished with my whining. I got another flat tire yesterday. Second one in two weeks. I took it to Wal-Mart and they replaced it for free. So now I have two new front tires on my car, and the back ones are only a year old.

I watched the biggest loser last night... I think it's going to be a good show. It's going to keep me motivated .. I was on the treadmill for 80 of the 90 minutes the show was on. later when INXS was on, I got back on for 11 minutes and finished out my goal I had set for myself.

Julie.. sounds like your hubby did a great job with your birthday! Congrats! I am glad you had a nice one!

Noelle... congrats on getting your computer and printer fixed! YEAH!!!!! :-) I would try WW if I thought it would help me... oh well.. it's just a matter of finding out the right combination of calories and exercise for me I guess.

Hi Angie and Holly and Kempy and Cal! Hope you guys are doing well....

OK.. I need to get back to work.. Talk to you soon.

Cherie