Old 08-31-2005, 03:35 PM   #76  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Default This Is Crazy Y'all!!

I just got word that several gas stations in Atlanta have already closed, some here in Athens where I am currently are closing, and some in Gainesville (another large-ish city nearby) have started to close, but not before gas hit $3/gallon!!

The Colonial pipeline that feels gas to Georgia is completely without power, so the governor (Sonny Purdue) just lifted the clean air gasoline mandate and the trucking mandate that doesn't allow them to drive 24 hours so that we can get fuel in the state. Luckily I filled up yesterday morning for $2.55, but the station was still at $2.55 when I came by this morning and I should have topped it off!!

What are we going to do?? I have to drive 40 min to get to work...and there is no public transportation in my area! Everyone just pray that the pipeline gets fixed soon or there are going to be a lot of Georgians out of work b/c they can't get any gas to get there...not just that they can't afford gas, THERE IS NO GAS!!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:15 PM   #77  
~*~ Melissa ~*~

I know, everyone was rushing out of here to get gas, several of ours have already run out and they are saying it can be 3-4 days before they can get more. Lovely....
my3suns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:24 PM   #78  
~*~ Melissa ~*~

This is what we're having for dinner!

Crab-Stuffed Chicken With Parsley Sauce

***you can substitute apple juice for the wine***

6 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
4.2 oz Canned crab meat, drained, shredded and cartilage removed
'/4 CUP Dry fine bread crumbs
'/4 CUP Cheddar cheese or Swiss cheese
2 Tbsp Finely chopped red pepper
3 Tbsp White wine
Salt
Pepper
Low-fat chicken bouillon cube.
1/2 CUP Boiling water
1 Bay leaf
3 Tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
1 Tsp Cornstarch
1 Tbsp White wine

Flatten chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to 1/4 inch (6 mm), using flat side of mallet or rolling pin. Combine crab meat, crumbs, cheese and red pepper to make stuffing. Drizzle first amount of wine over chicken to moisten. Put'/4 CUP (60 mL) stuffing in middle of each piece and roll up starting on shorter side, tucking in sides to enclose stuffing. Fasten with wooden picks or tie with butchers 'twine. Sprinkle rolls with salt and pepper. Place in ungreased 2 quart (2 L) casserole dish. Dissolve partial bouillon cube in boiling water in small cup. Pour broth into casserole dish. Add bay leaf and sprinkle parsley over rolls. Bake, covered, in 350ºF (I 75C) oven for 45 minutes. Remove rolls to platter. Reserve liquid but discard bay leaf. Heat reserved liquid on stove. Combine cornstarch and second amount of white wine in small cup. Slowly whisk into reserved liquid. Boil until slightly thickened. Remove wooden pics from rolls and pour sauce over to serve.

1 chicken roll: 190 Calories; 32 g Protein; 3 g Total Fat (1.1 g Sat., 81.5 mg Cholesterol); 438 mg Sodium

Servings: 6
Old 08-31-2005, 04:37 PM   #79  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

yummmm!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 11:06 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

That stuffed chicken sounds good and I don't even like crab much. Do you think it would be good with shrimp?

Savannah had loooooooonnnnnnggg gas lines yesterday as well. I filled up on Tuesday for 2.56 a gallon for regular and yesterday afternoon is was 2.99 at the station next to us and up to 3.10 for regular at a lot of other stations. I made dh fill up last night just beacuse I didn't want to pay more than $3 a gallon for him to top off his tank. It never occured to me to think that there would be a shortage here. The local news last night ans today was all about disspelling rumors about that and about price gouging. I am just glad I got filled up at 2.56 a gal.

Watching all the coverage of the heartbreak has made me so grateful for the little things. It also scares me to see how quickly everything you have and hold dear can be gone in an instant. Sorry to be a bummer . I'm hoping if I get it out here that I won't get up and go do some emotional eating .

(((Big Hugs))) to everyone today!!!!
Sweet Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 11:59 AM   #81  
~*~ Melissa ~*~

Re: The Crab Stuffed Chicken

I think next time I fix it I will replace the crab with bacon or ham, my family thought it was ok, but not great. Chris suggested changing crab to another meat, so we'll do that next time.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:01 PM   #82  
~*~ Melissa ~*~

OH yeah, I wanted to share. A girl I work with is leaving for another job. We bought her a cake, from a favorite local bakery. I ate two bites of a tiny piece and just felt sick. I guess it's been so long since I've had any sort of "real" sweet that my body just said "yuck". So I tossed my piece in the trash and smiled, despite the nausea, knowing I'm making progress.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:32 PM   #83  
~*~ Melissa ~*~

Did some shopping therapy today. Gosh somebody stop me, I have a serious problem! lol

Just under $21 with Shipping

Just under $17 with Shipping
Old 09-01-2005, 04:54 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

those are very cute tops!!!! I love the green one especially!!
Where did you find them Melissa?
Sweet Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:07 PM   #85  

Default True Southern Gal

HEY ALL!!!! I'm a native Louisianian, transplant Texan. Moved here to be with the man of my dreams. I will marrying him October 15th of this year. We have been together almost 7 years.
I am desperate to drop some weight within the next 45 days or so. I want my family members that don't get to see me often that are coming for our small wedding, to see me slim and happy.
I am 5'7", and a muscular 248 lbs. My prior highest weight was 247 when I was prego with my 3 children. I just got to beat it by a pound. I am in a tight size 18 pants; and have been since high school, if you don't count the one time I lost 65 pounds and wore a sexy size 14 and my stepdad called me "SlimJim" when I walked in the door. WOW!!!! THAT FELT GREAT!!! But I soon gained it all back PLUS SOME!!!! I really DO NOT like what I see in the mirror. As my fiance says, I'm curvy in all the right places...but I think I've got too many curves in all the wrong places.
I am one of those people who know and have researched for years how to eat and how to lose the weight but have NO willpower. I have seriously thought about going to school to be a nutritionist, but how could I when I look like I do.
All charts and doctors says I should weigh between 125-140 pounds. I could never see myself that small. At 175 I was SOOOO energetic; went dancing up to 4 times a week. I have so much muscle mass from years of body building prior to having children. I, somehow, have retained most muscle. My fat is around midsection and hips and thighs.
I would LOVE to find a buddy to push me and make me get off my butt. I have gotten so tired and depressed about my size that I sleep till noon, most days. PLEASE!!!!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!! I wish I could find a buddy closer to me to walk with me. I love to go walking. I even have a decent bike to ride. I live out in the country off Hwy 69 in East Texas. I have lots of hwy to walk or have lots of acreage to walk. Any suggestions are VERY WELCOMED.
THANK YOU ALL AND GOD BLESS
wolfntat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:14 AM   #86  
~*~ Melissa ~*~

Hi Wolfntat!!!! Welcome! "SlimJim" yeah that would be super nice to hear! It's great that you have a lot of muscle mass because muscle burns more calories/fat because it takes more to survive. So the more you work at building/toning that the better off you'll be! I split my cardio and weight training, I do the cardio first to "loosen up", then hit the weights. I'm with you on what is "healthy" for our height. I know I'll find myself pleased at 175, but of course when I hit that I'm sure I'll want to keep up the "good work". As far as what to eat, what are your weaknesses? Mine are carbs, so I know I can't do Atkins/SB. I actually am a bit of a rebellion, so I really have a problem with any strict diet. I have to make my own choices. I've found for me it's all about portion control and good choices (apple vs chocolate). Do your reasearch and start with something you think is going to work best for you, then tweak it to "fit" you.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:07 AM   #87  

Height: 5'1"

Morning everyone, We've got you beat with gas prices. I got lucky and bought gas at 2.99 before it went up to 3.19. There was an economist on tv that said we would see gas prices go to 5.00! That will cut down on a lot of traveling and make a big impact on everything! We depend on trucking for food so that's definateally going to be affected. Almost everything is.....we depend on our cars. I only work about 3 miles from my house and my husband works about 6 so that won't be too terrible, but there will be no recrational driving! Where will it all end up!

My 3 suns, Isn't it a glorious feeling to turn down something you used to love and know it isn't such a temptation any more? I have gotten really pickey about the treats I allow myself. If I take a small piece and find it's not the absolute greates and it's not "worth" the calories, I take one small bite and throw it out. I don't even even feel guilty about throwing away food anymore! Love the green top! Where did you get it?

Welcome wolfntat. Every one here is wonderful and you will get some excellent help! You are lucky to have some muscles! They help burn fat! And you had to work hard at one time to get them!

I feel sick every time I see the people down south that are in such sad condition because of the storm. To feel so helpless to feed your children and to provide such simple things as shelter and necessities. Can you believe crazyies are taking advantage of the situtation by going around shooting people? I guess at this time all we can do is pray for them and give what we can to the Red Cross!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:21 AM   #88  
~*~ Melissa ~*~

Got 'em on Ebay.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:55 AM   #89  
Kerry

Melissa - I had some retail therapy yesterday as well I splurged on shoes especially. I also got two new pair of slacks (size 8 ) and some new blouses. I have dress up for work and was in dire need with my size changes.

This whole Katrina mess is making me sick. I just can't believe the state of affairs. Gas is running 3.19 here. Ugh!

I need to get back on track. I haven't lost a thing, but I have maintained. I think I'll set my goal to get back on a losing plan next Tuesday when the week starts. It would be impossible for the weekend. DH is a DJ and this is his Friday night of monthly residency at a local club. It's always fun. . . lots of friends and martinis. No way to avoid calories in alcohol.

You are all doing so great you're inspiring me. I must do better and I will. . . I promise.
Loud_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:35 AM   #90  
~*~ Melissa ~*~

Size 8!!!! Ahhhhhh you're my idol!