Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 09:28 AM   #91  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Day 19 quickie. Almost to the dreaded WI day. Ah, well, 'twill be good to get it over with. And I can see and feel quite a lot of difference that might not reflect that well on the scale, but is nevertheless real. Clothes looser and looking, feeling better. I'm VERY impressed by the firmness of the backs of my thighs -- I just went to brush the omnipresent cat fur from the back of my pants and went "Whoa! When did that happen?" So, onward and downward, whatever.

Happy Monday and love to all -- let's make this a good one!
Old 08-29-2005, 11:59 AM   #92  
Momma Frog

Amarantha-Way to go using your super Royal powers!!! Insert Peggy Hill "Whoo Yeah!!" (You know you've seen King of the Hill.....)

Arabella-Go miss thigh master!!!

As usual, not much here. Weighed yesterday morning, still no change. Back later!

Love to you all!
Old 08-29-2005, 06:31 PM   #93  
Empress/Queen

Yes, Froggie, I have seen the "King" ... I like Peggy!

Good job on the thighs, Arabella ... that's one reason I like the Fitday PC software, it keeps me consistent logging inches as well ... I'm doing once a month and I'm really seeing a big difference ... lost 1.5 around waist last month, gained and inch in upper arm (I have good biceps).
Old 08-29-2005, 06:34 PM   #94  

Thumbs up

Frogger, maybe you and I could try "incentivizing" with some friendly challenges (after I *ulp* weigh in on Thursday, that is)

Amarantha -- holy smokes!!! Wooooooo-hoooo for you! I haven't actually measured. Should have, for sure. But feeling an new and striking firmness, I am. And am definitely noticing much more upper-body strength -- it's easy for me to hoist DGS up onto my shoulders (and he's a chunky monkey!) and the humungoid bag of cat food I get from the vets is much lighter than it used to be.

Last edited by Arabella; 08-29-2005 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:04 PM   #95  

Hello all.....

So far, 3 mornings of ignoring the alarm, just watching reruns of whatever from 5 am till almost bladder emergency if that's not too much information....

I finally got on the scale too and its very official... I am exactly where I was b/4 my stomach virus loss in June which means... exactly at goal w/ no cushion.... So... instead of thinking "I'm under goal, I can have another, " I have to come back to the world of the living and get real.....

But nver mind me....

ANAGRAM!! Welcome to wonderland!! So glad to hear the great news about DH too! Here's to recovery continuing and continuing!

Wsw! My early mornings here seem to be a thing of the past.... but time will tell!

Arabella! I wonder if I would do well not weighing myself but once a month...

hmmmm

Empress... IMPRESSIVE STATS!!

Eydie... How's your Dad? And you too??

Ceara??? hope you have time soon to join us...

Wildfire?? We need more details on the meeting w/ the Irishman!

Ok....
Time to go and look some more at Deadwood. We have all of the first season episodes here from the library.... still not so sure I'm not wasting my time but after all... I am on vacation...

Old 08-30-2005, 06:11 AM   #96  
Empress/Queen

Arabella, I only started measuring when I got the Fitday PC software, since it has a log. Really nice to see the numbers.

Anagramatic, was so glad to see thee posting and that things are moving well with dh. Also welcome to Wonderland!

Kaylets: Enjoy thy vacation!

Wsw: Howza!!!

To all, mentioned 'n unmentioned, if these responses seem somewhat limited in their verbocity, 'tis 'cause it be after three a.m. and Amarantha can't sleep ... I seem to be suffering from anxiety/insomnia ... or is it insomnia/anxiety ... anyhow, will try going back to bed and see if that works.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:39 AM   #97  
Momma Frog

Good Morning Royals!

Arabella-Sounds good...I'm *trying* to lose 5 lbs by the 6th (my b-day challenge) but it doesn't seem to be working... Maybe a new goal (and a new challenge) is in order... Let me know what you're up for.

My FIL sent me a new job opportunity within the company we work for so *hopefully* this time no one will throw a tantrum. Snazy new title to boot.

**Oh oatmeal how I love you** (Guess what I'm having for breakie this morning )

DH missed class yesterday as he locked himself out of his car (and the house) he managed to finagle his way through the sliding glass door **note, if you have a sliding glass door, use the door arm that goes with it, or a piece of wood at the bottom. ANYONE could have gotten in** I use one at night, but I guess I forgot....Not that I wanted him to be locked out of the house, guess it was a good thing I forgot to put it down.
Anyway, he missed class. Professor was OK with the miss since this is the one that didn't show up the first day of classes.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:37 AM   #98  

Good morning, Queenlies! Reporting in for Day 20, T-2 for WI on Thursday. Am not physically back up to speed yet, but seem to be in a fairly productive and decisive mode for work, which I'm kind of enjoying.

Amarantha -- oh, don't you hate that when you're too stressed to sleep well. Fatigue is the bane of my existence. Makes me feel like I don't want to do anything and makes life lackluster. Are you managing the mind/body exercise? I do also find meditation very helpful... Hope you can get some rest!

Kaylets, hope you're enjoying your time off!

Frogger, methinks that oatmeal is a good thing to love. Enjoy! I have oatmeal almost every morning, myself, made with unsweet soy milk and spices and fruit. I want to try the Empress' oat/fruit breakfast bars some day soon, though, since I've got both oats and blueberries on hand. Will be thinking of a suitable challenge...

K -- back to being productive. Love to all!
Old 08-30-2005, 12:51 PM   #99  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Cool

Mornin'. Just flyin' by...have caught up on posts again. Glad to see you back Anagram.

Hopefully things will settle down a bit now...have started a strict walking and food regime....enough is enough. On day 2 so far and nothing has derailed me yet...a couple of beers calling my name, but I plugged my ears.

Arabella...you are doing great! Where's Punkin...I don't recall her or Wildfire in that last batch I read....anyway...they're likely lurking...

to all, I have to get showered for work.

Ceara
Old 08-30-2005, 01:12 PM   #100  
Momma Frog

Did someone say oatmeal AND fruit bars? Did I miss the recipe? Do share as I have both oatmeal (obviously) and blueberries waiting in the freezer for a suitable purpose.
I was dissapointed that my oatmeal overcooked just a tad. Oh well, still got eaten!

Been sitting here today (because I obviously have nothing better to do) planning the tadpole's first birthday party. It turned out to be TOO grand of an affair. (I had moonbounce ideas and hiring characters to come to the house and everything). Yeah, I'll be scaling that down a might. The theme is Dora the Explorer. She loves that show. You know what we should do? We should set up a webcam and her Auntie's here can 'attend' her b-day. Have to look into that. (Here I go again!!!)
Old 08-31-2005, 02:40 PM   #101  
deleted2

Hello, Sweet Ones! Thanks for all the good wishes. My dad had his skin graft Monday and was sent home on Tuesday and so far so good.
Somehow I've managed to gain 6 pounds during this ordeal by eating more and moving less--so let the healing begin, as they say!
Still exhausted--I feel that my sleep has really suffered douring all this too. Energy still veeerrry low.

I'm thinking about starting a food/exercise journal thread. Would anyone be interested in joining me with that? Or if no one objects we could even incorporate it into this thread?

Old 08-31-2005, 03:45 PM   #102  
Empress/Queen

Hooray, E is back and her dad's at home and "so far so good." I am glad for thy family, E. Believe me, I would have gained TWELVE pounds (or more) so I think ya did good!!!!

If you start a food/exercise journal, I would post there, although it may only be total cals and exercise, as I'm still using the Fitday PC software and I just point and click on the food and servings I'm eating. But I support the idea of journaling (just deleted a whole bunch of my old ones on the land far far and started a new one, but would rather journal with others) ... would also be good to incorporate into this thread if that's the way ya wanna go!!!!

Let the mojo begin!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:20 AM   #103  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Cool

Start of day 4, and am still going strong. I am sleeping better I think....none of that awake at 3am for 2 hours going on. Work is puzzling. I am doing my best not to get drawn into other peoples' crusades, but it is hard when someone comes in and tries to change your work place...who doesn't work there, is not in the Union nor has any affiliation with the job....but took it upon himself to call the CEO and complain about a perceived health and safety issue for staff. (I didn't react with enough concern...there was none ) Some people are nervy. Enough said but I am going to be pleasant to this &*()! when he comes in everyday to use the FREE internet 'cause it will piss him off!

OK...have a BIG day lined up...vet appt, and the girl needs grooming before we go, puppy shot appt, and I have to help my friend with her puppies for a bit...all before I go to work....Plus I will fit a walk in there somewhere, with 1 lb weights this time. Probably will do that after work...it is a short day for me.

Tried a new recipe yesterday...it was ok...came from provida.com....
1/4 c oatmeal
1/2 c grated zuchinni
2 egg whites
1 T Splenda
1/4 t cinnamon

Mix. Cook in stick-free frying pan until brown, flip. It looks like a big pancake and tastes OK....hit the spot for my lunch and I see potential for playing with it. I scrambled the yolks for the puppy.

Anyway....am off like a flock of turtles...
to all! I'm sure you're busy...the Palace is a bit rattley.

Ceara
Old 09-01-2005, 07:27 AM   #104  

Thumbs up Fresh start September: Let the mojo begin!

Thus I quoth the Empress! Why so perky, you may ask -- good weigh in? (For this is the day) OMIGOD NO!!! Highest weight in recorded history. I was shocked -- 19 pounds more than the number I was prepared for. And yet -- I feel only energized to attack this problem and make those numbers go lower, lower, lower every week. Our scales are somewhere between 3-10 pounds heavy, according to WW, the doctors, and the gym. And if the gym scales were in a more private spot I would weigh myself there instead of here so I could use those better numbers. However, they are right where anyone curious could see, so I'm not using them. Onward and downward!

Eydie, I like the idea of incorporating the food/exercise journal into this one, if that's okay with you. I just find it too hard to keep up with multiple threads. And I am ready to journal food, full accountability. Also continuing on with my checklist, which really helps me. So glad to hear all goes well with your dad! Get some rest, Sweetie!

Frogger, I remember that it was a microwave recipe -- just called for putting fruit into a microwaveable bowl and topping with oats and I think some "butter" spray, pushing the oats down onto the fruit (berries?) and nuking 'em until they'd gotten the way you want them. Possibly pushing them down again part way through nukage? Definitely worth trying and SO OP!!! Probably could do it in an oven, too, if so inclined.

Ceara, good for you, resisting the siren call of the beer! They're awfully calorie-dense, aren't they. I'm thinking I'll start doing WW core program again, in which one gets 35 flexpoints for beer and skittles and the like.

Amarantha, are you sleeping any better? I was reading yesterday about a reflexology trick that's supposed to work wonders: you wiggle all your toes at once for 30 seconds (I don't know about you, but I would be hard pressed to wiggle my toes separately!). Supposedly it has some magical effect on your nervous system and lets you drop off almost immediately.

K, My Lovelies! I must away. Much to do, as always. Am going to squeeze yoga in throughout the day (that's one of my new challenges -- to do yoga every day, because it makes my whole body feel SO much better). First task: Update that darn ticker! Ah well, so much more impressive will be the plummet from such lofty heights! Love to all , mentioned or un-Onward!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:52 AM   #105  
Empress/Queen

Lightbulb

Yo, Sword Bearer, that pancake sounds interesting ... I need to try it! Re work, wanted to note that I found a coworker reading the journals on the land far far and realized how identifiable I was re what I had said there about my beat and life. I deleted the journals and started a new one, but dunno ... think I'm going to delete that as well. I do like the idea of journaling here but I also like a separate thread for that, so either be good for me, which of course I already said, so will stop now.

Yes, Arabella, let the mojo begin! Congrats on the session with Demon Scale ... t'will be well, never fear.

Nope, not sleeping better ... today's going to be an awful day ... or rather tonight is ... so will be going to the new gym early and then getting more rest.
Closed Thread