Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #31  
Empress/Queen

For some reason, I'm not doin' well, s ... today or yesterday. Might be the storms, but just way off balance. Even had CAKE again this month (was only going to allow once a month, but this makes twice ... oh well) ...

Sorry for the me=me ... wanted to say hi ...
Old 08-13-2005, 05:11 PM   #32  
deleted2

Thanks for the hugs, everybody! My dad will be in a nursing home for a while until the skin graft and then who knows? I think part of his problem before was that he hadn't slept in days, so he was really loopy. He's much better now, but he'd much rather be at home than where he is.
Had an enlightening moment the other day when I was good and tired of feeling paralyzed by the whole thing, and that is that I can choose to hang back and feel awkward or I can just go in and be fully present and pay attention to what I can do for him. Much Better! it really is all in the attitude, isn't it?

Wonder how our Anagram is doing. Oh my dear Anagram, if you want time to slow wayyy down, spend some time in the hospital, am I right?

Frogger, I've been meaning to tell you: Thanks for our theme song!

Good luck, Kaylets!

I'm feelign out-of-balance too, Amarantha. Hmmmm, what is it that we need? [And I bet it's not cake! BTW, I've overindulged in my whole grain, fruit-juice sweet. cake. I don't care how 'healthy' it is, I've still eaten TOO MUCH!]

Didn't exercise at all yesterday so I have to do it today. Here I go!!!

Old 08-13-2005, 06:45 PM   #33  
Hot Stuff

Just a fly-by posting to say hi and I haven't fallen off the wagon. Spent the last 10 hours at a biker charity event for breast cancer...including a 175km ride...beyond tired after all that fresh air and asphalt. Great day, though.

Another busy day tomorrow with the Scottish Festival and a neighborhood barbeque. Thinking of you all!
Old 08-13-2005, 10:07 PM   #34  
Empress/Queen

Hi, all! E, I think you need yet another hug ... but I am glad thy dad is feelin' better and gettin' some rest. It can be difficult sometimes to know how to act when visitin' our loved ones who are ill in the hospital or recovering in nursing homes ... but it does get better when you begin to just act natural and relax and, as you say, be fully present ... you are doing great!!!!

Hmmm, as for the cake thing, well, if ya visit me in the land far far ye'll see that I caved today and had a Nemo cake!!! That's one over my monthly quota (yet again) ... as I commented in the journal, though, it actually did help, but I'm still off balance.

My personal training session helped today, though, too. We did pilates (I took my Pilates mag in to show her some of the reformers in the ads, as she's not a pilates literate trainer) and then some weights ... I feel the pilates especially helped me ... must do more regularly ... used to love it, dunno what happened.

WILDFIRE: THOU ART AWESOME ... 175 km ride ... I wish I could do that!!! The Scottish Festival soundeth fun also and the bbq!!! Have a good time!!!
Old 08-14-2005, 08:28 AM   #35  
deleted2

Amarantha, how about a Pilates challenge? I will if you will! Anybody else?

Old 08-14-2005, 09:29 AM   #36  

Hello all!

Very very hot again here today.... head advisory warnings for both heat and air quality... I tried to do too much going in and out of a/c, back into the heat yesterday and wound up needing a long nap and then woke up w/ a headache.

Meanwhile, DH worked 8 hrs in the heat to come home to find me napping... sure spreads the guilt on thick!!

Then, last night on the phone, a gf mentioned she felt a dehydration headache coming on and BINGO... I finally remembered ANOTHER reason I was dragging and feeling so crummy---
Heat and sugar hangover .... not enough liquid... WHAT AM I THINKING!!??!!

so...
I am sipping my first decaf cup of tea w/ a goal to stay w/ fluid in hand.... all day...

My goodness... how could I be so out of touch w/ what was a basic for so long w/ me????

Yes, Eydie, I can relate... Lots of lessons in these experiences... Especially as we realize now as its happening, how much we will remember these moments later.....
In my own experience, no matter how much other things in my life were put on hold, I only knew for sure that this time spent now would never be regretted.....

Need to get some things done b/4 its too hot so I'll look in later...

HELLO TO ALL!
Old 08-14-2005, 10:06 AM   #37  
Empress/Queen

Yep, E, I am up for a Pilates challenge ... how 'bout I ANTE & pledge to do the mat workout I practiced with my trainer four times this week (in addition to the walking and weights); it was just basic core moves ... I will post this in my journal later, too.

HOW ABOUT YOU? WILL YA SEE ME 'N RAISE ME! Anybody else?
Old 08-14-2005, 10:51 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 210/154.4/135

Height: 5'6"

hey, frogger your on vacation the same time my family is lol they will be there and on the Ocean City's boardwalk everynight for a two weeks. I got stuck home due to work, but a least I no one to take care of for two weeks.

Have a great time and stay strong when on the boardwalk. I would watch out for the pizza and my favorite the Kohr bros Frozen Custard with rainbow jimmy's. Just thinking about it made me drool....
Old 08-14-2005, 12:35 PM   #39  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Day 5, yes, F-I-V-E

And I survive. Not feeling on top of the world today and yesterday, just slightly blah -- always, this seems like the most dangerous feeling for me -- tired and blah. If I'm truly, truly upset I don't want to eat as a rule and if I'm feeling GOOD I usually don't have too much trouble staying OP. Nevertheless, yesterday I thought: feeling blah is NOT a sign that the plan isn't working and I should say the **** with it. Feeling blah is just another mood -- whether the stars, blood sugar or circumstance creates it, blah is just another way to feel and is not going to be helped more than extremely temporarily by application of chocolate raspberry fudge cake. Reading some of the reports above makes me think it might be the stars to blame, at that! Cake seems to be making the rounds!

However, I did have two bites of the aforementioned yesterday, mostly because my niece wanted me to share her piece and my mom kept trying to get me to eat a whole piece. It IS excruciatingly good cake, but -- contrary to what my mom says -- not "worth it," especially if "it" is falling off the wagon and spending weeks, months, years never really getting firmly back on.

Also had an egg salad sandwich on whole-wheat because that was all that was available for dinner other than veggies and cake (and I hadn't had much other than veggies all day thinking there would be a good variety of healthy foods at the party).

Onward!

Kaylets, I can see you do need a new job! The present one seems to be a lot like my son's situation. He works in a call center and they constantly pressure agents to reach unrealistic targets, such as keeping calls so short that they can't give people as much help as they need, and so on. I just KNOW there's a better job waiting for you!

Wildfire, were you on a bike for 175 km!!! Did you love it? I used to adore riding on a motorcycle, although I haven't done it for, oh, 25 years. It's got to be one of the closest feelings to flying, short of maybe hang-gliding.

Eydie, lack of sleep will do that, for sure! My son hardly slept for a week before his psychotic episode about a year and a half ago. He's fine, now, thanks be...

Amarantha, what is a Nemo cake? All I can think of, because of DGS' influence, is Finding Nemo. But I suspect this is something different. Next big occasion party here I think I'll try to replicate last night's cake w/ spelt flour and some healthful sugar alternative.

K, I've got a few work-type things to do. Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Queenlies! Love to all, mentioned or un-
Old 08-14-2005, 03:20 PM   #40  
Empress/Queen

Arabella, Nemo cake far outdated the Nemo movie. It's a moist, heavenly snack cake brand that's been sold for decades ... not sure if they have it in Canada, but I've always (unfortunately) found it everywhere I've lived in the States. It's in the refrigerated sections of Walgreen's nowadays, sometimes in convenience stores ... it tastes for all the world like homemade (not even remotely like a Hostess cupcake) ... is wrapped in plastic like it came from somebody's kitchen. Comes in a carrot cake with cream cheese icing, a banana cake and there's a chocolate type that I've never tasted. The carrot is the only one I currently buy and as I posted somewhere, it is much lower in cals and saturated fat than I used to think (I called the company to get the nutritional value, it's not on the package). It seems to be procurable on the web, but I'm not sure if the company per se has a site ... anyhow, I wouldna go there if I were thou.

Arabella, why can't I get this work done?

Need to get two stories done and I just can't do 'er ... ok, here I go.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:59 PM   #41  

Hmmm... Short answer?: You don't waaaaaaaanaaaaa! That's what it is when I'm not getting it done. I mean, I want to get it done but don't want to do it, sort of like when I'd stand looking out my bedroom window giving the elves time to clean my room while my back was turned. Just about as effective, too. And usually it's not that bad once I start but the dreading process is awful!

Nemo cake sounds good -- BTW, I came across a recipe for "raw carrot cake" which I think you mentioned one time. Must see if I can find that again...
Old 08-14-2005, 05:33 PM   #42  
Empress/Queen

Yep, that's the answer! Anyhow, I did one story and the other one went back in the pile for tomorrow. I'll do it in the newsroom or before I go up there. I wouldn't do it at all except I promised someone it'd run ...

My resignation time is right around the corner, or so I hope! Just one more piece of the puzzle in place, then ... new career ...

If you find the "raw carrot cake" recipe, would ya post it ... I don't think it was me who mentioned it but I'm fascinated by the raw food movement ... which isn't so new, having been around for decades, but which seems to be enjoying a resurgence!
Old 08-14-2005, 05:45 PM   #43  
deleted2

Hi Amarantha! I'll join you in the Pilates challenge and want to raise my sweat quotient this week. Honestly, I don't think that i worked up a sweat at all this week.

I've had a weird weekend. All I really wanted to do was nap so I did a fair amount of that. I don't feel good about it either when there's so much to do.
There it is; that vague sense of 'blah'.

Old 08-14-2005, 09:15 PM   #44  
Empress/Queen

[color=blue][b]Hi, E!!! Just "saw" ya over at the land far far and responded that you're on!!! Except I got frustrated trying to burn a CD for my workouts for this challenge (don't ask) and got kind of outta the mood for today, but my Pilates days will be Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday ... unless the trainer wants to do more with me when we work out on Thursday ... anyhow, I want to space the four workouts throughout the week, will do my regular on the other days ... just the Pilates I did yesterday really helped me feel better ... I'd like to get into a regular daily practice of short sessions of matwork (unfortunately, I don't have a reformer, wish I did).

I've still got the blahs too and as mentioned above didn't finish the work I needed to get done, could do it now, but need a night off ...
Old 08-15-2005, 06:21 AM   #45  

Thumbs up Day 6

Good morning, Queenlies! Hope all is well despite the pall of blahness overhanging the realm. Must be the stars, I think (if only I was still doing the horoscopes, I'd know. Found myself thinking of treats I could make when I was going to sleep last night. Healthy treats, but -- nevertheless -- I don't think it's a good thing for food to be the most interesting thing I can come up with to think about. This is so the kind of mood that I would ordinarily be going off-plan over. Not going to do it, though

Have been falling down on the job of finding myself something fun to do every day and am going to force myself to have some fun today, whether I want to or not

Love to all s ensconced in the palace or on walkabouts. Let's make the most of this day that we've been given!
Closed Thread