Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 02:58 PM   #106  
wsw

eydie-glad to hear your dad is doing well! please take good care of yourself, and get some rest.

amarantha-sorry to hear you're not sleeping better yet. i really sympathize! hope you get some good, soothing rest soon.

arabella-i'm with you---onward and downward!

hi kaylets, ceara, anagram, frogger, and to all the royals! thinking of you. i'm hanging in there with staying op and exercising. i know some day the scale will actually reflect some of this hard work. well, take care, all.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:08 PM   #107  
Empress/Queen

Thanks, Wsw!

Hang in. I know also that the Demon Scale will reward ya for your work.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:14 PM   #108  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Reporting in on Day 1/8

That's one day down out of the 8 till next Friday when I weigh in. Here's what I ate today:

Oatmeal with blueberries, ground flaxseed and yogurt

Curried red lentil, sweet potato & spinach soup (very thick)
an orange

hummus & carrot sticks
an apple

very lean souvlaki
baked potato w/2.t butter
lots of broccoli and carrots
tomatoes/swiss chard

Also had about a cup of 2% milk in coffee (I like it very strong, with a good whack of warmed milk)

Here's what I did:

55 mins. walk/run (mostly walk, but still!)
45 mins. yoga
15 mins. tai chi

Drank SO much water. Haven't meditated yet, but will.

Bottom line: Definitely a weight-loss day
Old 09-01-2005, 07:15 PM   #109  
Empress/Queen

My Day's Report: Cals are in the 1400s now and I still have the big meeting from heck to cover AND there's a storm (just what I need to make me feel happy driving up there). Anyhow, bottom line: there's a chance I'll eat something else, in fact, it's a certainty, but won't be a big cal day. EXERCISE: At the new/old gym I decided to go back to (not my previously regular one and not the new one they just built). I've been havin' awesome workouts there this week and last. Did one mile around the indoor track, some treadmill, some recumbent bike as well as stretching and lower abs with ball. Minutes 35, could be better but felt good. Definitely the mojo is back.

Ok, let's get the reportin' goin' here each day!!! I will do it if everyone else will!!!! Sorry I can't do a detail of food, not feasible with my new way o' doin' stuff ... bottom line's what counts with me now!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 09:06 PM   #110  

Hello all!!

Feel like its only Monday yet when I wake up it will be Friday...
Amazing..

YES Eydie!! Great idea! EXACTLY what I need... I too need to get real again...
and really need to remember the basics, including the support !!

So glad to hear your Dad is home!!

WoodNymph, you are an inspiration! You're so right! Now that you have a goal and a plan you are on your way!

Ceara! OFF W/ their heads!!

Empress... sorry to hear about the sleep problems.....the last two days, I feel like that's all I want to do...

WSW-- Keep smiling!

Frogger.... tell us more about the new position you're considering!

Sorry to be brief but its late for me.....
Old 09-02-2005, 08:17 AM   #111  
deleted2

Default Food/Exercise for Sept. 1

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
1 cup scrambled egg sub. w/ ff cheese
2 small peaches

1 cup butternut squash soup

2 ww w/ cheddar, onion, spinach, carrots, broc. shreds
fruit-sweet. oatmeal cookie

1 pc. whey protein "fudge"

Salad [spinach, carrots, cukes, onion, peppers, brocolli, asiago, soy 'chicken', Italian dressing

unsweet. carob peanut butter cup

water: 7 glasses
calories: 1575
fat: 52 grams
protein:61 grams

exercise: 20 minutes Pilates
I intended to do more but got sidetracked with shampooing 3 rooms of carpet, a workout in itself!

Anyone tried those 'donut' peaches at the market? The flat, kinda lumpy ones? They're homely, but really delicious!

Old 09-02-2005, 08:55 PM   #112  

Oh, I am tired! Realized when I was making dinner that I'd hardly stopped for a minute all day (DGS was here). Long time since I've had that active a day. Whew!

I ate:
Oatmeal with flaxseed and yogurt

1 handful raw almonds

chicken on spelt with lettuce, lite mayo and dijon
salad

1 smallish lemon-garlic chicken breast
chickpeas roasted with onions, garlic, feta, olive oil
tabouli

vodka & lemonade sweetened with stevia
milk in coffee

Exercise:

1/3 of a set of yoga
30 min walk to the gym
25 min circuit training
walk to the park, walk all around the park, walk back,
whatever else it was that kept me going all day!

I'm going to bed!

To all a good night!
Old 09-02-2005, 11:36 PM   #113  
Empress/Queen

2312 today, average weekly total is still in the 1700s, though, because of low days earlier. Ate lots of grapes and 2 percent milk and glucose tablets as was long workday on the beat and my blood sugar is messed up (low) and these are the only foods that seem to help.

Exercise was nil, although the day was active. Will do gym again tomorrow!!!
Old 09-03-2005, 08:35 AM   #114  

' Mornin'. Congrats to all the newly invigorated losing Queens. Glad Dad's home and doing well, Eydie.

DHs homecoming postpone until 11th so hopefully some lingering medical items can be addressed. I've been catching up on some sleep - I think the cough medicine is doing it. I'm not coughing myself awake. But rest is rest and it was much needed. Holding at 197.6 today. Weighing in only rarely. Not working at it really but working at so many other things, food's low on totem pole. Maybe I can keep it there. Sort of trying to take a slow morning but chores are calling. Kids, grandkids coming today. Do final work hopefully on getting family room ready to be recuperation room for a while. Life is SOOOOO changed. And, darn, nobody asked me if I was ready for change!
Old 09-03-2005, 12:02 PM   #115  

Thumbs up Mojo workin'

Yuppir, went for a gentle run this a.m., came back and did yoga. Lately, I've noticed if I run or go to the gym in the morning and then work for a few hours and THEN do yoga, I actually can't get into some of the poses because my muscles have stiffened up. On the other hand, if I do yoga after a run, I can get into any of the poses with relative ease. So I guess that's the plan -- do at least enough of my yoga to stretch out my muscles immediately after whatever my big other exercise is. Will still do a set of tai chi today, vacuum & etc.

wsw, you've got it -- just have to keep doing the right things and the scale will not be able to keep up its pretense much longer!

Eydie, hmmm.... whey protein fudge -- is that boughten or made? Like I need a fudge recipe However, I sometimes think it's good to have a legal treat available for those times when one might be inclined to grab something else.

DH doth call to me to commence the shoppling. I'll be back...
Old 09-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #116  
Empress/Queen

Hi ho to Anagramatic 'n Arabella, sorry for the brevity mode but wanted to say hello and also to put in a plea to E for the whey fudge recipe.

I used to have a recipe for sugar free brownies made with cottage cheese. I wonder where that is.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:34 PM   #117  
deleted2

Default Friday

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
2 ww w/ 1 egg, cheddar, soy 'bacon', spinach

fruit-sweet. oatmeal cookie

homemade pizza [4 small slices, lots of vegs.]
unsweet. carob peanut butter cup

humuus and triscuits
1 1/2 maple-sweet blueberry muffins
2 slices havarti
2 figs***a few grapes

Calories: ?
water: 5 glasses

exercise: 50 minutes lower body and abs
25 minutes Pilates

Glad you're getting some rest, Anagram.

Arabella, you're on FIRE!!!!

Visited with my dad this morning, who's following doctor's orders, I'm happy to say. [Orders are not to stir around too much.] He had one of those fancy mobility scooters delivered today so he'll eventually use it. I tried it out and god help me, It's fun!!!

Old 09-03-2005, 04:41 PM   #118  
deleted2

Default Protein Fudge Recipe

I don't remember where I got this recipe---maybe at the Ladies Who Lift recipe thread here at 3FC?

2 cups whey protein powder [I use one sweetened w/ stevia]
1 cup uncooked oatmeal
1/2 cup dry milk
1/4 cup peanut butter
optional: nuts, sun. seeds dried fruit, cocoa, choc. chips, extra peanut butter, etc.

Mix all these ingredients, and then add water bit by bit until it holds together just enough to press into a wax-paper lined 8x8 pan. It's kind of a sticky mess, so oil your hands to make it easier. Refrigerate.

A tiny square of this is very satisfying!

Old 09-03-2005, 07:43 PM   #119  

Another active day -- did the run, yoga, tai chi. Didn't quite meditate -- maybe I'll still slip out to the deck... Shopping took hours, so I was really pretty much going all day today as well. Tired, but not exhausted. Feeling a little bit like an old fogie because the Rolling Stones are playing about an hour and a half away and I didn't even really consider going. Next time, maybe. I'd love to see them -- and it sounds like they still do a great show -- but I just feel like I'm almost still reeling from my trip to Boston and etc.

Eydie, that fudge sounds great -- and actually healthy! What's the texture like after refridgeration? Glad your dad's settling in. The scooters do look fun -- DS used to lust after motorized wheelchairs when he was a kid

Anagram, I think this is a bit of a gift for you, time to regroup, rest up, marshall the forces. And your darling will be in better shape by the time he gets to go home. Oh, don't you love that feeling of freedom when food is just the means of sustaining life!

Kaylets, are you just finishing up your vacation? Maybe you really need some extra sleep -- I think you tend to push yourself pretty hard when you're at work? Take good care of yourself!

Amarantha, somehow cottage cheese sounds like it would work well for brownies. Like the whey fudge, too, these sound like they'd be higher protein, lower carb.

K -- Here's today:

Exercise -- as stated above

Food --

oatmeal with flaxseed, blueberries, and banana

Healthy Choice clam chowder with 1 s. spelt bread

Seafood Fra Diovolo (1/2 c. kamut pasta, spicey tomato sauce, scallops, shrimp, salmon)
Greek salad

1.5 g. merlot
Old 09-04-2005, 08:29 AM   #120  
deleted2

Default Saturday

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
1 ww toast w/ lite cheese, 1 soy 'sausage'

fruit-sweet oatmeal cookie

2 pcs. homemade pizza
blueberries

whole grain pita w/ boca burger, mustard, ketchup, spinach, onions
potato wedges
banana "ice cream"

This banana 'ice cream' is GREAT! Take some frozen bananas, [I used 2 1/2 for me and Garry], add a touch of milk to get it all going , add some cocoa, and a little honey, and put it all in a food processor [blender would proably work too?] and blend till it's totally smooth. Have faith, at first it'll just look like a chunky mess! I swear, It's like chocolate softserve!!! You can also, leave out the cocoa and use FROZEN strawberries, peaches , whatever. I sweeten those with all-fruit jam. Trust me on this one, girls.....

Water: 7 glasses [should be more....]

exercise: 60 min. upper body stuff
10 in. abs
40 min. bellydancing
REALLY GOOD DAY!!!

Closed Thread