Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 01:23 PM   #16  

Day 1 is done.. kept calories at under 1400 per fit day
1/2 hour elliptical broke up with 10 minutes resistance bands

Day 2.. Meal plan in place
1/2 hour elliptical with about 15 minutes resistance bands..
Old 07-26-2005, 04:14 PM   #17  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Wink dawn of Day 2....

Good morning, all...but then, where is everyone?! I thought for sure I'd be seeing some more posts this morning, but no...Hmmm. Lonely times again. Have you fallen off the wagon? Hope not.

Trixi -- Well, there you are! I was wondering what had happened to you. Glad to see you found us on the new thread. But, problem is, what is the thing you are going to do EVERY DAY or not do EVERY DAY for the next 21. From you list of goals I gather it's water every day and no drinking every day, right? Or is your exercise to be every day too, just in a different form? I'm a little confused, know you know the game though. So, how are you feeling these days? I hope you're doing better. : You've been through such rough times and I wish you all the best! Take care and check in here often, ok? I want to hear from you!

dona -- Good for you for getting through Day 1. Or have you gotten through Day 2 as well? Confusion reigns for me this morning, it seems. Aaaaaah... must be all the rain we had yesterday. Typhoon has passed though. Today, it'll be heat and humidity..... Well, dona, keep it up. You sound like you're doing fine!

jkg -- Excellent work! You are going into the final turn!

Others!! Please write to me!
Old 07-26-2005, 05:07 PM   #18  

Redballoon, I tend to confuse people so no worries

Everyday I will drink eight glasses of water
Some form of exercise for at least 30 minutes

This should be fairly easy since I usually am pretty good with it, but lately it's been hard. I am doing much better now thanks...things are looking up and I am ready to focus. Thanks for asking
Old 07-26-2005, 06:01 PM   #19  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Arrow Still here

I'm still here. I'm done wallowing in my self pity, pouting and whining. At least for now. One never knows when the urge may return, but I'm hoping it's a good while. Thank you all for your support.

I gained a pound and a quarter on Day #1's weigh in, but it's already gone (along with a few more). Hain't datt just loverly? That's the way it goes with me. Day #2 is under way and looking good. I hope to have the same week I had last week, that IS until it fell apart on Friday and Saturday.

Squeak's biopsy results came back today and she's fine. There's a little bulging at her incision that's got me concerned. But it's not red, swollen other wise or sore and she's eating and potty-ing fine. So I'll keep an eye on it.

I hope everyone is doing great. Welcome to new comers. I'm going to restate my goals (mostly to remind myself).

At least 64 ounces of water daily
At least twenty minutes of intentional exercise daily
Log all food/water & exercise in my "paper" journal.

Ideally, these goals are to be exceeded for maximum results.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:15 PM   #20  
Never give up

Red face a bit of progress?!

Heh, all. I'm feeling a little good because I measured my butt and it is smaller by about 2 cm and the scale has me at a recent low as well! Hurrah, hurrah! I do feel better as well. The flab still hangs around my gut in such a gross way, but I know too that it takes a while before the skin tightens up. It's so weird. My shape changes from morning to night to morning again. I'm like a saggy elephant. Oh well, the skin will take time. If I'm tightening up the muscles underneath and losing fat, I'll feel better. Not good to focus too much, right?

Trixi -- Ok, got you now. I'm glad things are looking up. Good luck!

Java -- So glad to see you back. I'm just like you, go through regular bouts of self-pity and whining and wallowing. Recently, I'm trying to just get through them without eating junk, without lying around. You're NOT going to have the same kind of week as last, because this time, you're going to get past the falling-apart days! Okay! Hang in there!

Oh, and Java, that bit of bulging around the incision on Squeak is normal! Don't worry!

Last edited by redballoon; 07-26-2005 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:32 PM   #21  
Never give up

Talking a wriggling success!

Yeah, just wanted to report that I was able to struggle into my non-stretchy "slim" jeans! I got them buttoned and zipped, though I wouldn't want to walk too far in them for fear of hearing a ripping sound. It was hard getting them on (talk about a workout!) but on they went nonetheless. Ah, so glad! I was thinking...why can't I imagine pulling them on with ease as I used to be able to do. And thinking, wouldn't that just feel wonderful? Gotta buckle down.....
Old 07-26-2005, 07:17 PM   #22  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

I'm signing up!

My goals:
- bed time: 10:30-45 pm AT THE LATEST Tuesday to Sunday, 11:00-11:15 pm on Mondays (because I work till 10 pm)
- veggies: eat a salad or a bowl of greens or an average-sized vegetable everyday (carrots don't count, as I eat them everyday)

Already had a greens mix, so now I just need to get myself to bed in time for this day to be a success.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:12 PM   #23  
The one called Physh

Thumbs up Day 3 and goin strong!

Mornin Glories!

I am into my third day and still sticking to the SBD!!!! I have not stepped on the scale yet. I still feel all puffed out from my "." Since I started the challenge on Monday, I will wait a week. Very hard for me as I am obsessed with the scale. I have already been to the gym and have my meals planned out for the day. So it looks like clear sailing.

Hey Sushi-great goal. You will feel so much better for it.

Dona, Java, Trixi & Red-looks like all are off to a good start!
Red-a smaller butt & skinny jeans! That is so inspiring, man. . .I can't wait. I did a bit of positive imagry while on the elliptical this morning. I was seeing myself in a white tank top & hip hugger boot cut jeans. Man I looked good! LOL-I want to be that person.
day 1, 2, 3
Old 07-26-2005, 09:23 PM   #24  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

day 16 i think? im havin my own pity party.. LJ wanted a pic to see how tan i am and well im sure i dont have to tell ya ... out of 10 shots there were none that i could stand....... sigh
Old 07-26-2005, 09:41 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

redballoon, thanks for the encouragement! A calorie is definitely NOT just a calorie. The sad part is that I have no excuse for eating less healthy foods instead of fruits and veggies. I love fruits and veggies. I eat brussels sprouts by choice, for crying out loud. I'm doing better today though. Brussels sprouts for lunch (by choice. See?), chicken and vegetable stew for dinner, snacked on a carrot this afternoon. I just need to make the conscious effort to do it. Congratulations on your new lows as far as weight and measurements. That's something to be proud of.

LB, it really does feel great. Glad you got through day 1 also!

happy2beme, glad to "meet" you. I've noticed the same thing as far as eating junk and feeling gross. I had a binge on chocolate a few weeks ago and I just felt so gross the day after. It really does make a big difference what you use to fuel your body.

Hotcupojava, I am new and not sure what's going on with Squeak. Is she a cat? I hope she's okay.

Day 2 has gone very well so far. I am not calling it a success yet, since I'm contemplating a snack tonight, but I'm at 1300 right now and have already had dinner. Did well with fruits and veggies, and did 75 minutes of exercise today.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:14 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 218/216/169

Height: 5`7

Hi everyone.

I had a long day, some shopping, took the kids swimming in a friends pool for a few hours, mom was here for a while, still doing laundry and really just wanting to go to bed now!

No exercise today... so I`ll be starting Day 1 tomorrow it seems. Thats okay. This is only the second day of not working out in a month so I`m not beating myself up. If I sat on my butt all day that would be different! After 21 days I can take a day off. Just can`t turn it into 2!

Water was good, I`m not too sure about the scale part of my challenge though, I`m going to sleep on it and see what exactly I`ll include... but it`s definetly going to include the 40 minutes of exercise and 75 ounces of water.
I need something else though to challenge myself, so I`m going to think long and hard about what it`ll be. And I`ll let you all know tomorrow!

Anyway, I just wanted to check in... I read everyones posts but too tired to add anything else... but real quick, Glad to see you back, Turtle! And congrats on the skinny jeans, Red!!

I`ll probably have a double long post tomorrow, hehe

Goodnight, good morning, and lots of luck to you all!
Old 07-26-2005, 10:31 PM   #27  

Default Tuesday Night Report

Well day 2 is done - I tracked and barely stayed under, got my 96 oz of water in and my bonus goal is done - 30 min. treadmill workout! Got to go - will chat more in the a.m.

Sushi - Good to see you here too!
Old 07-26-2005, 10:33 PM   #28  

Day 2 accomplished, no wine or choc bars. I did stock up on overpriced DQ Fudge bars, fat-free and only 50 cal. Also delicious and creamy (I think they must whip the mix before freezing it.) No exercise today: very busy with my new "kids" (2 adopted strays) and getting a fridge delivered and tiny thises and thats. But I'm definitely not eating too much or too badly, and maybe on day 3 I'll meet a bonus goal.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:20 PM   #29  
Never give up

Talking wow, lots of action!!

Wow, so many posts I'm taking the time to get back to you now while I can make the time. It's sooo hot out there I'm kind of staying out of the noonday sun as well too. Nose has been running continuously and I just got so sick of it I took some cold medicine. Don't know if it's a summer cold from the air conditioners all over (I don't have one) or the dust being kicked up by the post-typhoon wind but it's a pain! Still, sharp, bright blue skies out there. Gorgeous day for the beach...if you want to fry!

Sushi Penguin -- Welcome aboard! Ah, the veggie challenge, and a bedtime curfew! All right! What's with the sushi, by the way? I'm in the land of it! Good luck on your challenge! And, is that true, I actually have 5 cm on you! (and a few years... )

1nceagain -- There you are! I get worried about people when I don't hear from 'em a lot! Good for you for sticking to SBD. That's a very, very sensible eating lifestyle. Are you starting with the beginning or the general plan? The first part is **** if you exercise. I like your image training. So, you looked good, did you! All right! You go!

curly -- Pity party, huh? Oh come on, we never look good in pictures. But you know, they're not real. Don't worry. Think of it as being glad you don't like the way you look now. That's why you're trying to get lean, right? I know, it's tough. I used to hate to have my photo taken. Now, for every two I don't like, there's one I do like. Which is the real me? Smile and have fun! It's the smile and the energy that makes you photogenic or not. Keep your eyes on that number, the one that says Day 16 of Round 2!! You're doing great! Don't lose sight of that!

gray -- Habit, isn't it? And planning, sometimes just a little, sometimes a lot, specially if we're juggling a long day with no pit stops at home. I'm like you, love fruits and veggies, good thing, as I'm a vegetarian. But, it does take a conscious effort to get them in me, especially when the convenience stores and bakeries and restaurants are loaded with everything but! Thanks for the congrats on my new lows. Yes, it's been a while. I am proud. I'm hoping I can keep this going. Recently, I've been learning to just accept the anxiety, the fears, the disappointments, the whatever emotion had me reaching for food, food, food or beer. Now, I'm learning to sit through it, cry my eyes out if I have to, be *****y, whatever it takes, but NOT eat junk or overeat. I'm getting better. My weight is dropping (a bit) without going absolutely nuts with the exercise like I used to do too. Well, looks like you'll have Day 2 down soon. You can do it, I know you can! Oh, yeah, Squeak is Java's cat.

Caro -- I'm there with you. Haven't really decided on my challenge yet, but am doing a lot of good things so I can just pick one and run with it. But yeah, a day or two off is a given. I can tell you're really serious about this, which indicates commitment. Cool! Looking forward to the long post! Hope you have/had a good sleep!

mscat -- Good for you! It's on to Three!!

carla -- Congratulations to you, as well. No wine, no candy bars! Excellent! And, oh, an animal lover. We need more people like you! Cats, I'm assuming, right? I have three. Keep up the good work!

Old 07-26-2005, 11:31 PM   #30  
I CAN do this!

I did it! I exercised today for 35 minutes... I was supposed to have the day off from work and planned on going to the gym as well as a walk with hubby...but nope I ended up working 10 hours... so when I got home I didn't want to walk at all! But Hubby was so great

He said "Let's just go around the block" so I reluctantly agreed, and then pushed me a little farther than a block and before you knew it we went 2.5 miles!!

So day 2 of my 21-day challange is done
Closed Thread