Old 06-04-2005, 08:07 PM   #61  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

wooo hoo on a roll now... day 2 ..... 3 miles!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:07 PM   #62  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs up going for a live one..........

Good morning, people. I did well yesterday, I think, but I had a bit too much chocolate and some other sweet things and so I don't think it was what I would call a good challenge day, so I'm not going to give it a passing mark. I exercised though and did not pig out. Still.....I like this idea, making me fully accountable to myself, my choices. Let's try again today. Today, going to the racetrack, afterward, free beer always beckons, but.....I'm going to see if I want to make it a challenge passable day or not. And that would be, if I drink at all, like calling it quits after two....that would be VERY hard........but this challenge is inspiring me to cut a new path of behavior..... Sorry, people, if you think I'm not doing my own challenge. I am. What I'm trying to attempt here for me is the hardest thing yet. It's getting it ALL together in a way that is going to be livable on an everyday basis, except of very occasional breaks. I used to do these 21-day challenges to the letter but then I kept 'em simple (as in clearcut, not easy to do!) but this time I'm going for something a bit harder to evaluate...but I can do it.......yes!

conandjarsmom -- Hello! Heh, sorry I missed your post last night I posted. Didn't mean to ignore you...wasn't ignoring you. Yes, please join us! How are you doing with the exercise? Good luck!!

Trixi -- Hi! Thanks for the encouragement. Ok, hope you're doing well and we'll hear from you soon, perhaps next week if your computer flakes out at home!

curly -- Great going on the walking. We two are slow starters but we're going to whip this challenge, right?! You bet!

Sub -- You are really going strong, aren't you? So glad to see it and glad this challenge was/is an inspiration to you! Keep it up, Sub! You are now an inspiration to me!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:05 PM   #63  

Going strong here....walked for over 3 hours today shopping!
dakotamidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:31 PM   #64  
Never give up

Hi there, dakota! Good for you, with all the exercise! Keep it up! What day are you on now?!
Old 06-04-2005, 10:18 PM   #65  

Red, I'm on day 11....Hadn't realized that it's been almost 2 weeks!
Old 06-05-2005, 09:07 AM   #66  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

that is awesome dakota!!! We are all hanging in there!!! lol I might even get to day 3 !!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:12 AM   #67  
Never give up

Red face we do not have liftoff........yet

Heh, guys, just starting to move now though it's five in the afternoon......ugh....very late night last night, well, this morning. Looks like I still have not had liftoff with my challenge. Oh, well, I will get there. I was doing well yesterday till evening......

dakota -- Wow, that IS awesome. Eleven days! Keep it up, you've got the momentum now.

curly -- You too. Day 3! I'm glad you're back on track. Keep it up.

Others, how are you doing? Trixi? Sub? conandjarsmom? Come in and tell us what's up.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:10 AM   #68  

Day one DAMMIT!

Did really bad on the weekend. On Friday I killed my feet with new shoes and could not put on my runners without screaming, so no exercise on Sat. Sunday was bad for water and no exercise. So it's back to day one for me (pout)

Glad to see you all are doing better than me. Well onward diet soldiers.
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 09:27 AM   #69  

Day two and feeling back on track. I am including the no alcohal to this challenge and I WILL do it! Still can't do any exercise as my muscles are still screaming but I hope to get some in tomorrow and every other day this week in order to meet the challenge.

Have a great day all
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:37 AM   #70  

I am new to this site and I am so excited to see the challenge! I have been doing the 12 week body makeover plan by Bob Green and I am on week 2. I need all the extra incentive I can get so now I will say that for the next 21 days I will work out 6 days a week and eat thoughfully. I will start over if for any reason in the next 21 days I mess up. Good luck to all!
momof2r's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #71  

Yahoo! 2 weeks down and 1 week to go!
Old 06-07-2005, 06:36 PM   #72  
Never give up

Talking we have liftoff!!!!!!!

Heh, guys, I did it!!! I'm on my way! I am officially on Day 2 of my challenge, my rather hard-to-define-but-nonetheless-definable challenge. Wow, yesterday I ate good food. Wasn't at all hungry for junk and I got to the gym, worked out very lightly, all body weights, a bit of pedalling and jogging. Damn, I am incredibly out of shape compared to what I was. Oh well, I am NOT going to think of what I was. That's stupid. This is now. Deal with it! OK, now that I have a taste of what I consider to be a challenge worthy day, I plan on tallying up more. For the record, here are some of the questions I will ask myself in evaluating whether the day was legit or not.

Was it a day of pigging out or excessive alcohol consumption? No. Was it a day of sloth? No Did you eat fresh vegetables? Yes. Did you eat sugar? If so, how much? Not much, just a little bit.

OK, that's what a good day should look like. I know when I've contributed to my being overweight, so I don't think I have to get specific. In other words, I have my definitions of "pigging out, excessive, sloth, just a little bit." For me, of course. If anything, I'll be too hard on myself so there's no worry. Ok, wish me luck on continuing the countdown (countup) :

Trixi -- Ok, good to see you're back on track. We are both on Day 2 now. Ah, at last, for me. So, no alcohol too. Wow, toughie! Good luck!

momof2 -- Welcome! And, good luck!

dakota -- Excellent going! You are way ahead of the pack!! Speaking of which, just where is the pack? Heh guys, come on in and post! dakota, keep up the good work.

Last edited by redballoon; 06-07-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:23 PM   #73  

Hey everyone, I just wanted to put in a quick post. I just finished my 4 miles today making this day 10 instead of 11 because I had a migraine Sunday. Today was a really crappy day as I found out that my cousin was murdered over the weekend, and I must go out of town on Friday. Why do terrible things happen to nice people? I will check in with you all tomorrow. Have a nice evening

Sub

Red -- Congratulations on day two. I knew you could do it. You were absolutely right about building endurance and stregnth. The same will happen for you too and when you reach day 21 you are going to be quite impressed with yourself.

Dakota -- you are cruising along nicely. Have you noticed any difference in your energy level or endurance?

Trixi -- It does get better...I thought 4 miles a day was way too much but I am stronger now and you too will get stronger

Welcome Momof2! We love it when people join the challenge
subpremeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 11:40 PM   #74  
Never give up

Sub, damn! I am so very sorry to hear about your cousin! How awful! Wow, do they know what happened? Who killer her/him? Gosh, I'm really sorry, Sub. You take care, ok? Come back and talk to us soon, ok?
Old 06-08-2005, 06:21 AM   #75  
Never give up

Where is everyone?!?! I'm trying to get through a Day 2 here but I'm feeling weak.....Ughh!! Must be strong......Just feeling pissed off at so much.......So far, so good, even got to the gym again, only a touch of sugar, not a ton of eating....but, that can change.....FAST!.....Wish me luck!!!!!