Old 05-28-2005, 07:17 PM   #16  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Ok, chubby, I see, 100 situps. No, I'm not from Tokyo, though I've been here so long, I've been here longer than a lot of young Japanese! I'm originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, just always had a big shot of wanderlust and that got me living in Germany and India before here. How about yourself? What's up in Qatar?
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 03:46 AM   #17  
Movin' right along...

Im from Mississippi...well, thats where I call home. I was born in Cali. I have lived in the Middle East before. Ive lived in alot of places.

Not much here...except heat. Summer is here. I cant even get cold tap water anymore. Its not so bad.

Whats up in Tokyo? How do you like it there?
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 08:12 AM   #18  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Default count me in

oH this is so cool! i think i am gonna do a "minimum" of 2 miles each day! walking! i walked so much yesterday that today can be my day 2!

do we get a prize??? lol
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 12:08 PM   #19  

Hey Red, I'm in on this challenge. My challenge will be to do Walk Away the Pounds three or four walk every day. I need this bad. Today will be day 2 for me and I look forward to knocking out the other nineteen days. I will be checking in here on a daily basis to see what everyone else is doing. Have a great weekend!

Sub
subpremeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 06:15 PM   #20  
Never give up

Smile hello all.........

Good morning, people. Starting out Day 2 here. Still have to write up some of what I ate yesterday, but I can remember it. Not a great day eating but as long as I'm writing it down and adding it up, that's a big thing for me. It's this constant "looking the other way," closing my eyes to what I'm putting in my mouth and then screaming "Foul" when the scale inches up and my clothes "shrink" that is what I want to rout out. Onward, march!

chubby -- how are you doing? Tokyo is OK. I can't say I really like it. But I guess I must like it enough to have stayed here over 20 years. It gets under your skin I guess. No city like it, just so big and run so efficiently and the masses of people. Have you been exercising? That was your challenge, right?

curlylocks -- welcome Glad to have your aboard. Good luck walking. How do you figure your distance walking? Do you have a course or use a pedometer? Oh, and yes, you get a big prize for completing three weeks straight........a fantastic sense of accomplishment and satisfaction AND the chance to start all over again!!!

Sub! -- Welcome over here! Glad to see you. Good luck on your walking. You can do it!

Everyone else, are you still with us? Come in and tell us how it's going.

Last edited by redballoon; 05-29-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:05 PM   #21  
Staying in 1derland!

Quote:
[/color][color=darkgreen]How do you figure your distance walking? Do you have a course or use a pedometer? Oh, and yes, you get a big prize for completing three weeks straight........a fantastic sense of accomplishment and satisfaction AND the chance to start all over again!!!

]
I have 3 mapped out courses i travel, lol a sense of accomplishment is great!!!! and some kind of little blinky graphic would be nice also !! hahaha maybe a blinking 21? hehehe teasing ya!

Im on day 2!!!
Old 05-29-2005, 08:17 PM   #22  
Never give up

A little blinky graphic? a blinking 21? well, don't know curly, we'll have to see about that.........you get there first, ok?!
Old 05-29-2005, 08:25 PM   #23  

I'm a few days behind but i would love to join in on the challenge; 21 days. I usually use the treadmill at the gym and lately started using the eliptical machine. I struggle with keeping track of what i eat as well especially when I'm at work.
SW266
CW245.5
Gw135
silver7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 08:32 PM   #24  
Never give up

Hi silver, yes, of course, you can join. There is absolutely no starting point for this other than the time YOU start. Everyone will be on different days, and some will be starting over and over again. That's the thing about it. You have to try and make a clear run of 21. Every time you trip up you have to go back to START.

So, what's your challenge? Remember, it has to be something you can do EVERY day for 21 days straight. So, are you going to do the same as me -- keeping track of your eating....that is my big pitfall.....i "forget" all the things that have snuck into my mouth.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:41 PM   #25  

day 4 here, still doing good. Didn't get as much walking in as I'd have liked but the weather's been horrible. And somehow I just can't make myself walk on a tredmill....no change in scenery ya know?
dakotamidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 08:45 PM   #26  
Never give up

hi dakota, good to hear from you. Congratulations on getting to Day 4. You're beating us all, I think. Yes, treadmills are boring. I don't mind the gym so much because you can watch TV and watch the people coming and going but if I had a treadmill at home I don't think I would use it. Outside walking is the best. Maybe you can invest in great rain gear, feel like you're out hiking.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:51 PM   #27  

Well...gym is out for me. Can't stand being aruond all the jocks at my uni campus. Within 5 minutes of walking in, they will start making comments. And can't afford a curves membership, so home is all i've got. I thuoght about getting rain gear, but then realized that this is San Antonio, and it FLOODS when it rains. So normally when it rains, I head to one of the malls and walk around window shopping for a few hours. It lets me get a little walking in at least.
dakotamidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 08:56 PM   #28  
Never give up

Ok, dakota, I didn't know where you were. Hmm. sounds tough. But the mall is a great idea. When up against obstacles, always think, "What CAN I do?" I think you're making the best of a tough situation. Power to you.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:17 PM   #29  
Staying in 1derland!

i'll even make one!
Old 05-29-2005, 09:17 PM   #30  

I'd like to join in. I'm going to try to do 100 sit-ups everyday. Is that doable? I hope so. It's not too late to join is it?
theresnoway is offline   Reply With Quote