Old 06-15-2005, 09:26 AM   #106  

Red, I'm jumping right back in!

New 21 day Challenge - Workout at least 30 minutes a day {and this time, walking to and from work/class doesn't count} and stay OP with WW without using any AP's or FP's.
dakotamidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:08 PM   #107  

I would like a rain check for today please. It has been a really stressful night and day today. I had to put my beloved cat whom I considered my best friend of 13 years to sleep this morning. He was in alot of pain and they said that he would not recover and we decided not to put Bear through anymore. I was there at his birth (actually gave him CPR) and was there to kiss him a long goodnight this morning. I miss him and it's hard. So I am not thinking of the diet today but reflecting on my time with him and trying to cope with the loss.

Redballoon, your idea came at the perfect time. Thank you.
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:41 PM   #108  
Never give up

S/C/G: 168/161/128

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking through to FIVE!!!!!

I made it through to Day 5! Hurrah for me! It was tough but I just went to bed without eating anything like I wanted to, no candy bar or extra food. I didn't NEED it, just WANTED it, and I said NO!!

dakota -- Ok, good for you for jumping back in with a new challenge. And good going on ratcheting up the difficulty level! But, don't forget, now that you're on your second round, that'll be 2 days free for you this time. And, I add, if you don't take 'em, you can use the days next time around, like accumulated vacation days. Good luck!

Trixi -- Oh, dear, I am so sorry to hear about your Bear. I have three cats myself and understand how very sad and difficult that must have been for you. I just lost one too and two of mine have incurable diseases for which they get pain killer shots every three weeks, but they are getting old and I think of the inevitable end whenever I see them. Losing one brings it home all the more. Your Bear is no longer in pain thanks to you and I'm sure he is feeling very loving toward you for all the years you provided for him. Take care, Trixi, and I hope to see you back on here and back on the challenge as soon as you can.

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:54 PM   #109  
Jellybeanz

S/C/G: 253/241/140

Height: 5ft4in

Talking Day 2

well, today is day 2, and i have just done my 2nd day of 100 sit ups!!!

I even recruited my husband, who did some last night with me, but since he's no overweight and he's in fairly good shape, i dont think he's going to stick with it.

However i am determined to do it without any relapses!!!!
jellybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:09 PM   #110  

Unhappy

Hello again everyone, Im sorry about your kitty Trixi, I've lost many pets and Its such a hard thing to go through. When my cat Meatball died, I was depressed and cried off and on for a week. Just be glad shes not in pain anymore.

I'm glad to see that you all are doing well with your challenge. Day 3 & 4 wen't well for me. Although I had to pospone my workout to the afternoon today, I still did it. Even though I didn't really feel up to it.

Keep it up redballon, just 16 days left!

Good luck!
Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 01:38 PM   #111  

Thanks for your kind words. I am coming to terms with having to put him to sleep. Bear had an old soul and was almost blind and at the end could not use his back legs at all. I know he is in a better place now.

I am back on track now....I ate poorly this morning so tomorrow will be day one for me again. I have not gained which is good but I did not have my water yesterday, drank beer and ate a burrito so I feel pretty guilty.

thanks again
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 04:19 PM   #112  
Never give up

Red face creaking into six........

Good morning, everyone. I have eased into Day 6. It wasn't easy. i can't believe how the days are crawling. This is my hardest challenge yet (I used to do these a lot.) With the other ones (usually no sugar) I could kind of go onto auto-pilot and forget about the challenge as it involved NOT doing something, not having to think really, once I decided, for example, that I just didn't eat sugar. This time it's different. I have to be constantly vigilant. This is what I guess they call a lifestyle change. I hate it. I like my sloth, my pigging out, my throwing all care to the wind....but...NO!!...that is what has gotten me where I am, overweight. And I don't like that. Actually, you know, it feels okay. It's my choice totally. I can have anything I want, just not all at once, in unlimited quantities. And I can't just say, okay, no exercise today....hmmm.....let's see how far I can go. Today is a day in the office and I hate being there and that makes me eat. And if guys go out drinking after work, it is hard to resist not going. By the end of the day, I feel I have wasted it anyway and so......why not waste it more......stupid thinking.....But, I want to make it to 7. Let's see if I can......wish me luck guys.....

jellybeanz -- Great going! You have knocked out two successful days of situps! Hurrah for you! That's the spirit, bringing your husband into it too. So what if he wimps out. It's not about the fitness so much as it is about the commitment. Good luck! Keep it up!

Testament -- Thanks for the encouragement. You too, great going. Postponing is not a prob. You did great by showing flexibility in your routine. That, I think, is the key to success. Good luck and hang in there!

Trixi -- Hi there. I am so glad to see you back right away in this hard time for you and I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Now that I hear that your Bear also couldn't use his back legs and was almost blind, I understand your decision even more. I also know it doesn't make it any easier. All our little critters are still with us I think, on the other side, helping us along. Their love for us is so deep. Don't be sad. Bear is still with you. I'm glad you are keeping going on the challenge. Of course, being at Day 1 doesn't mean you've blown it. It was just one day, a couple of things. It's the awareness of what you were doing and the correction that takes you back to Day 1 and your showing you are still in there, not giving up, that is the most important thing. Remember me, I went back to start like five times and now I'm on Day 6. Good luck, Trixi!

Everyone else, where are you? Sub? Curly? dakota? Others? Come in and tell us how you're doing. I miss you all when you don't post.

Old 06-16-2005, 08:41 PM   #113  

I'm here....can't get past day 1 though on the new challenge. I keep going over my points or eating things I shouldn't.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:47 PM   #114  
Never give up

Thumbs up just keep trying!

Dakota -- hi there! You didn't change anything this time, did you? just made what counts as exercise more limited, right? Don't worry. You'll get going again. Just try, try, again. I was the same in the beginning with mine. I felt really stupid, too, since I was the one starting the thread but couldn't get past Day 1! Good luck!
Old 06-16-2005, 10:43 PM   #115  

Hey all, I walked 4 miles today. Sorry I didn't post but my 3 year old son has been sick for the last two days, and he is very clingy at the moment. I am exhausted and I am going to clean up a little before I turn in for the night. I am going to do my 4 miles early tomorrow though.

Sub
subpremeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #116  

Hello again, Days 5 and 6 when well for me, I even got an extra work out today, I had to clean my house, too bad my vacuum is on the fritz, or I would have finished. Well good luck to everyone.
Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 07:55 PM   #117  
Never give up

Red face ugh........using my wild card here.......

Heh guys...I was caught again...out with the guys from work last night. I thought about it, I don't want to go back to Day 1. Taking my wild card would mean the next two weeks have to be clear.... But, that's what I'm going to do. I had a nice time out last night. It can hold me for two weeks..I think. So, I'm taking my wild card option and pushing on..fortified with....beer....

Sub -- Hi there! Glad to hear from you. I'm sorry your boy is sick. Hope he's feeling better now. Good for you for sticking to the challenge despite the rough times. And planning the next day is really great. That's the way to do it. Plan for the rough times! You are really inspiring! You're on a roll. Keep it up!

Testament -- to you for getting through to Day 7! Great going. You, too, are going strong!

Ok, where are the others? Curly, what happened to you? Some of you who showed up only once in the beginning? Come on, hop back on the wagon! dakota, you doing ok? Trix? jelly? Come talk to us, whether the report is no or go!
Old 06-17-2005, 08:07 PM   #118  

Well, I finally managed to get past day one today. I've been either eating too much or not exercising, but today I made the effort and walked 1 mile.

Hopefully my knee will get better so that I can go back to walking 3 and 4 miles at a go.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:23 PM   #119  
Never give up

Talking Good going!!

Hurrah! dakota! Good for you! You've made liftoff! Keep it going!
Old 06-17-2005, 08:55 PM   #120  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

LMAO... Ive walked every night since the last time i fell off the wagon but ive restarted so many times ive lost track of the last time i restarted...... hahaha! guess i will have to go back and see when i posted my last restart day

ok i am on day 6 ummm for the 2nd time!

Last edited by curlylocks; 06-17-2005 at 09:00 PM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote