Old 07-23-2005, 11:16 PM   #361  
The one called Physh

Arrow Hubby gone for 3 weeks! Perfect time to lose some poundage.

Hello All
Already posted on the 1 week challange when I came across this string-21 days- Perfect! Would love to lose 6 lbs while my husband is gone. Sounds realistic-right?
1nceagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 03:49 PM   #362  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Wink Last day!!

Last day for me! Not feeling good though. Asthma (lung congestion?) at night makes it impossible to sleep so the morning comes and I'm dead tired. I wanted to get to the gym this morning before work too. Typhoon on the way up from the south. Makes the air so hot and humid. Ugh.... Hope things look up soon......

curly -- Great going! The boat rowing sounds like such fun and like you got a ton of exercise. How are your arms feeling today?!

1nceagain -- Hello there! Nice to have you interested in the thread but I think you may have misunderstood what it's about. Please read over the old posts, especially the first page and you'll see that we do something every day for 21 days each. Count to 21, go back to start if you don't do it for a day. Pick something you can do every day but still something that's a challenge. I'm sure there's something you can do every day (stick to program, exercise, calorie or carb count, whatever) that will help you meet your goal. There's no special start or end to this thread, unlike other week or set time period threads. Anyhow, just read the old posts. There's enough of 'em! And hope to see you join us.

Very quiet around here. So lonely. Hope to see some more of you soon!

Last edited by redballoon; 07-24-2005 at 04:02 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:17 PM   #363  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

HI guys.. day 14 for me.. and more rowing.. loving this lil inflatable boat.. can get exercise and sun at the same time!!!!
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:20 PM   #364  
The one called Physh

Default I See...

Ok. 21 days. I can do that.
I will stick to the SBD for 21 days.

Today is day1!
1nceagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:26 PM   #365  
Never give up

1nceagain -- ok, great, welcome aboard!! You get one free day for each round of 21 days you complete. If you go off your plan, you have to go back to Start. So, just come in here every day and tell us if you made it through the day and what day you're on and we'll cheer you on. I hope you can be here for the others too. That's what it's about. Being accountable and making new habits. Good luck!
Old 07-24-2005, 09:32 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 218/216/169

Height: 5`7

Day 20!!! One more day to go!!

Starting Tuesday my challenge will include the following...

*at least 40 minutes exercise a day
*minimum 75 ounces of water

Both should be pretty easy for me, so heres the kicker... If I step on that scale any time except for Tuesday mornings, I go back to start. I`ve seen everything from 209 to 213 the last couple days and I have to stop doing this to myself. I can`t beat myself up and then try to force myself to drop again and end up binging at night, which is the trend all weekend (except tonight!). I can make excuses to myself "its okay I exercised a lot I can check my weight" or "I was bad I have to see how much I`m up" I can tell it to myself but not you guys, so there it is. All I have to get through is the morning, so I should be able to do it! I`m never tempted to go near the scale any other time of day.

I`m proud to report I ate 1500 calories today. I really studied the last 2 weeks and some days I barely met 1200, so I`m going to keep it between 1400-1500 for a week and see how it goes. Can I eat 1200 calories the rest of my life? NO. Do I want my body to get used to that? Nope. I`m glad I snapped out of the denial that I`m eating enough, considering my weight and height and exercise, I`m still on the low end at 1500.

For the first time tonight I hated every minute of the elliptical, I made it to 30 minutes with every intention of doing 30 of a DVD. And I did it! Just got through 30 minutes of Fit to strip I enjoyed it a lot (only second time doing it). Some of the exercises make my back feel sooo good, and some of the others make my legs tremble!

I also changed my signature to a less overwhelming one, lol. I`m giving myself credit for my highest known weight in April, 230 pounds. I started a month ago at 227, but I lost those 3 pounds too somewhere along the line!! I set a goal of 170 instead of a weight I`m not sure I want to be. If I want to lose another 20, so be it. I`m 5'7" and a half (cant leave out the half!) and large bone structure, so I`m playing it by ear and focusing on a smaller goal for now.

Anyway- Hope everyone had a good weekend. I had my slip ups, but one of my favorite sayings I`ve seen around here....a slip up isn`t a reason to give up! Lets all keep that in mind.

Red- ick I hate the humidity. I wouldn`t get any exercise if I didn`t do it in front of the a/c. I have asthma too and when it gets real bad it feels like work just to breathe normally. I hope you feel better!

Welcome 1nceagain! My husband leaves every month for 2 weeks, I`d be lying if I said I didn`t love it. lol Sometimes I miss him, but most of the time I enjoy the alone time! Lots of luck to you on your challenge! I`m not on South Beach but I LOVE the deli wraps they have!

Curly- you must be a bronze babe by now!! Sounds like you`re having fun while reaching your challenge, thats great!

Turtle- how you doing out there? I love reading your fun posts! Hope you and kitty are both doing well.

Have a great night (day for you, Red!) and I`ll see you all on my Day 21!!!
Caro30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:46 AM   #367  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I would like to join in this thread. A daily kick in the pants would be really helpful for me.

I'm in my mid 20s, married with 2 kids. I've been a SAHM for several years, but I'm starting Nursing School next month. I started out at 248 pounds and on April 26th began my diet. I lost 26 pounds the first two months but have slowed down a lot in my weight loss. I am 6 feet tall and my goal is 165 pounds. I have contemplated dropping my goal to 155, but I'm going to wait and see how I feel at 165 first. I work out 4-5 times a week, at least an hour almost every single time. I also keep my calories between 1400-1600. THAT is where this thread comes in. For the next 21 days, I MUST keep my calories at or below 1600. I haven't had too many bad days, but my calories have been creeping up over my limit more and more, and I need to get it under control.

Tomorrow will be day 1. I stayed at 1200 today, but I want to do this "right" so tomorrow is day 1.
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:50 AM   #368  

Hi, I'd like to give the 21-day challenge a try. I've been doing week-at-a-time with uneven results. But I have three weeks before my next business trip, a perfect time to buckle down and see if I can pull off 21 days without going back to square one.

My goals: no wine and no chocolate bars. (Of course I intend to get exercise too, but that's not part of this goal.)

I hope you don't mind newcomers jumping on board!

Carla
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:27 AM   #369  
Never give up

Thumbs up wrapping up my first 21!

Ok, guys, felt pretty sick today. Feverish, nauseous, must be a summer flu. Have been pretty sick for the past week or so. But it was off and on. Weather doesn't help. And an exhausting schedule. Quake scare. Typhoon on way. Ugh! BUT, BUT, BUT, I am wrapping up this first round of 21. I admit, I kept the bar pretty low this time around and though I think I did pretty good I want to do better. And that is the beauty of this challenge. NOW, I feel I can raise that bar because I gained a lot of confidence these past three weeks. AND, I get two freebies this next time around. And YES, I'm getting right back on the wagon, with a new and improved challenge. Will think more on that later. For now, it's to bed early for me. Left work early, I felt so rotten.

Well, I love seeing the new people, but where, oh, where, are all the regulars? Trixi, Java, mscat, sub? happy? Caro is there, curly is there. dkk, jkg? Come on, get in here!!

Caro -- Sounds like you've got everything under control and I'm glad to see you next challenge already up there. Doing better than me! Well, I know you'll make it to the end okay. I'll be starting out on Tuesday with my next challenge too. The humidity is worse than ever now with the typhoon on the way. Double ugh!

gray eyed girl -- Welcome aboard! Good luck and check in often and cheer us all on too if you can. The more support we give, the more we get and that helps move us along. I know there have been many times I have stayed the hand that feeds because I thought of having to face going back to Day 1 and telling you all! Good luck!!

carla -- You too! Welcome!! Of course, we love newcomers! (Who's Karla, by the way?) Good challenge, no wine, no chocolate bars (does that include other candy bars?) just checking Good luck and check in often!
Old 07-25-2005, 07:18 AM   #370  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

way to go red 21 ... hope u are feeling better soon.. get some rest
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:40 AM   #371  

Location: In the great state of Iowa long the Mississippi River

S/C/G: 285.0/285/180.0

Height: 5'10

Hi! I think this 21 day challenge sounds exactly like the kick in the butt I need so if you do not mind, I will join in....
My challenge will be..
* at least 30 minutes of exercise a day
*drink 96 oz of water a day

Today is day1!!!

Lori : )
mommapossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:03 AM   #372  
On My Way...

Hey girls! Sorry I've been MIA...been busy! I am through day 11 on my challenge!
jkg0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:54 AM   #373  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Unhappy Turtle falls down

No, not literally, but I have to start over. Dang! I was doing really good in the beginning of the week. Hitting on all cylinders as they say. But last night, laying in bed at 0130 AM, I realized I'd not exercised. I'd gone shopping at Super Walmart and made several trips through the yard to get ready for the camp fire, but I'd not done my twenty required minutes of intentional exercise. I should have gotten up, but soon realized I'd not logged my "minimal" food either. I try to eat light on the day before weigh in. I'd had cucumbers, shredded wheat, white grapes, WW treats and then for supper we had Healthy Choice turkey sausage roasted over the fire. I guess they must have been too salty because my weight was WAY up this morning. I'm pretty down all around, didn't log everything, didn't exercise, ate salty stuff The only thing I DID do right was drink my water. I could take a free day, but I don't want to, not on a day like yesterday.This is about as far as I made it last week, no? My sister is here to exercise and I don't see how I'm going to MAKE myself do it. I don't feel well emotionally or physically. I did something to my eye and the muscles that move it are killing me for the third day and I've got a headache. I have a cyst that I'm wondering if I should see a doctor about, I'm stiff and sore and super cranky.

But she's on the treadmill while I try to clear the funk out of my head with coffee. I doubt I'll weigh in today, not with this added weight and nasty attitude. Turtle needs and adjustment or something.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:16 AM   #374  

Red Balloon - Here in Canada we call all candy bars chocolate bars. And yes, they're all on the black list.

"THAT Karla" is a notorious woman who tortured and murdered two teenagers with her psychopath husband about 14 years ago. The press in the US called them the Ken and Barbie murders because they were young and good looking. Karla managed to get an incredible deal (12 years in prison) by playing the battered wife card, AFTER which the police found videos she and her sicko mate had made of the rape, torture, murder - in which she was clearly a willing participant. They also drugged her younger sister so the husband could have her (rape her) for a Christmas present, and she died too. She just got out about a month ago.

There, you know far more than you ever wanted to.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:31 PM   #375  

Default Day 21 Done!

I am here everyone - posted yesterday but somehow it didn't make it! I think it has something to do with the virus I got on DH's computer! Anyway, I did it! 21 days of 20 minutes or more of exercise a day! I am soooo excited I don't even know what to pick next! This is my first time completing a 21-day challenge It happened because of the support from and the accountability to all of you!
Welcome carla! Glad you made it - are you starting tomorrow?
Welcome grey-eyed girl and mammapossum! You will love this group and the challenge.
Go Red we did it together! Congratulations to you!
I changed my ticker because I gained weight at the start of my challenge but refused to change it - then it continued to plateau even though I was maintaining my exercise regimine. I kept peeking at the scale which almost made me quit but I continued to stand in the commitment I made realizing that there were other benefits beside what showed up on the scale. I only lost 2 of the 5lbs I gained back - but I lost a total of 7 inches! So my new challenge for the next 21 days is to track and maintain my weight watchers points.
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote