Old 12-23-2005, 06:48 PM   #2401  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I'm debating about a piece of my raspberry cheesecake so I came up to check my journal to see how many carbs I had already had for the day. I can afford a piece of cheesecake

Dee-I looked for your flax seed bread at our grocery store. We don't have that brand. We have some other brand and it had about 16 grams of carbs per slice which was out of the question. I did get a new kind of bread. It's called "organic womens bread" What a name. It has 7 grams a slice. It has flax seed and a bunch of other stuff, soy isoflavones, cranberries and I'm not sure what all in it. I'll let you know what I think after I try it. It cost an arm and a leg so I hope it tastes pretty good. My parents are coming tomorrow and staying until Tues. morning so I had to buy stuff I don't eat for them. It was a zoo at the grocery store and I will have to go again tomorrow. YIKES! I have a small refrigerator since I live alone.

Thanks for all the links everyone. Not sure when I'll have time to check them all out.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:36 PM   #2402  

Here's my food journal for today:

B: Large cappucino with carb countdown milk, homemade low carb pumpkin muffin.
L: taco salad without the shell
D: Chocolate orange truffle protein shake
S: Slice sugar free raspberry cheesecake.
Totals: 1309 Calories, 39 net carbs, 11 fiber, 88 protein.
I'm a little low on the calories and protein for me.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:55 PM   #2403  

Friday, December 23, 2005

B: Zone Bar
L: 1 cup eggbeater, 1 slice LF provolone, 1 slice rye w/LC cheese wedge
S: 2 slices low carb bread, 3 LC lite cheese wedges (175 calories)
D: Chicken salad with grapes and celery, cauliflower
S: No pudge sundae cone (100 calories)
S: Pecans (98 calories)
S: PB & J sandwich, LC cheese wedge
S: Yogurt & strawberries

*edit* I went over on calories again today! But only by 45 calories. I tell it it's that peanut butter. I can't resist.

I'm at 1645 calories for the day. We're making baked pecans with splenda and I figured I could have 10 halves. I did 45 mintues at curves.

Turtle Thanks for stopping in to wish us a happy holiday. It's good to see you!

Curly 1.25 hours working out! Wow! I think I'm doing a lot by 45 minutes!

Petra I like your menu! I bet you enjoyed that cheesecake!

Dee, Angel Eyes & everyone else. Hope you're having a great day!

Last edited by Valerie Joy; 12-24-2005 at 01:14 AM.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 10:38 PM   #2404  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Happy Dec 23 to everyone....

Man what a day! WHEW. Actually it was really good, til the delivery guy with the candy showed up lol. I didn't eat my way thru making all the sandwiches, which I always did in the past when I worked in the deli, so I was happy about that. I did eat way to many Sees candies. About 8 before I finally realized I really wasn't enjoying them. I finally got the one I was hoping for and stayed away from them the rest of the day.
B Coffee w/cream
L 1/2 turkey sandwich, pesto mayo, no cheese
S Way to many candies
D 1 biscuit, SOS, applesauce, green beans, tomatoes
S none, cuz I'm still feeling ickky about the candy!

exercise ~ I will be doing 1 mile WAPT after dinner settles

Not the best of days, but by no means the worst!

((((((Turtle)))))) Hey there. Merry Christmas to you too!!!

Petra ~ I'm not the expert on it yet but nutritiondata.com is pretty extensive. Plus it has a great plugin for Firefox users.
We carry a Womans bread too. I didn't look at the numbers on that one. Yours sounds really good. I wonder if it's the same one. Have a great time with the folks! I really have mixed feelings about being away from my family for the holidays..... I love them dearly, but, let's just say I don't have the most functional family around. lol.. I'll see them in the spring.

Angel Eyes~ Could you possibly be just a little excited about Christmas?? heheheh... I hope your stocking is stuffed with happy things!
Curly~ Glad you liked the valentines challenge name! Lee thinks it's pretty cool you're using it You just keep up the hard work lady, cuz it's all gonna pay off in the end btw, are you using that gazelle? I'm curious what kind of workout you feel like your getting with it....

Val~ I love pecans! You are really doing great if you can actually limit yourself to 8 halves!!! You GO Girl!!!!
I pop on to imissjerry but nobody (that I know or chat with) is ever there =/ Does Dar ever still go there? If you see her tell her I said hi and Merry Christmas!!!

I'll be checking in tomorrow night after work. If you are busy with family and obligations for the rest of the week, then I'll wish you a very Merry Christmas tonight!!!!!!
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 07:16 AM   #2405  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Smile Merry Christmas...

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all the PICS! Enjoy the day tomorrow ... and don't fret too much.. But on December 26th Get ready to Grit your teeth and keep on fighting that battle!!!

Many thanks to all of you for all your support during this year... You have all been a great source of strength & comfort to me.. and are making it so much easier for me to stay focused on this journey... (((HUGS)))

Last edited by curlylocks; 02-16-2006 at 07:10 PM.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 11:04 AM   #2406  

Aww Curly, that is so sweet! Thank you. I agree. Having this group does make this journey a lot easier.

The Woman's bread is good but I had 2 slices with breakfast this morning. Too many carbs. I've already had 30 for today and I haven't even gotten to lunch! This is not going to be a good few days with my parents here although I won't eat any sugar. I do have my head on straight about that.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:25 AM   #2407  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Last night I was driving to the store and was coming up to a house (down a dark country side road) that was sooo decorated with ton's of lights.....shooting stars, trees, manger, house trimmed etc etc....well as I got closer, there the owner was dressed up in a SANTA SUIT WAVING TO ALL THE CARS!!! What a sight!!! I started tooting my horn and waving....now THAT is fun!!!

I got an early Christmas present this morning....DOWN ANOTHER POUND!!! Somethings gotten into my scale!!!....but I'll take it. I haven't had a chance to finish my food journal for yesterday but it seems like I'm sure eating alot!!

I agree with Petra and Curly....thanks so much for the great friendships we have made here at PIC's. I appreciate each and everyone!!! Curly.....what an awesome card you made...with all our names on it!!! thanks!!
Have a very Merry Christmas, and if anyone is travelling....be safe!!
Joyeux Noel !!!
Old 12-24-2005, 11:41 AM   #2408  
Staying in 1derland!

hmmm wonder if i need to replace the batteries in my sclae ... think that could be the problem??? lmao
Old 12-24-2005, 01:46 PM   #2409  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Ladies !!

Sorry that I have been MIA. With work and school I have been pretty busy, and then to top it all off I have been fighting a cold for the past few weeks !!

I want to wish you and your families all the best for the holiday season.

Cheers !!
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 08:30 PM   #2410  

Curly thanks for the card! It was very sweet! I agree this group is a great source of support! I know I haven't been here as long as some of you but I wanted to say thanks for making me feel so welcome!

I had my cheat meal tonight (chinese) so I'm a bit high on the calories but not to bad. I try to keep around 2000 on saturdays

Saturday, December 24, 2005

B: Zone Bar (210)
L: 1/2 cup eggbeater, 1 slice LF provolone, 1 slice rye w/LC cheese wedge (200)
S: 2 slices rye, 3 slices NF cheese, 2 slices ham (220)
S: No pudge sundae cone (100)
D: Sweet & Sour chicken (800) Won ton soup (181)
S: 2 slices rye, 2 tbsp PB, almond cookie

Calories 2370

Exercise WATP 2 mile

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Last edited by Valerie Joy; 12-25-2005 at 12:20 AM.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 09:07 PM   #2411  
soon to be goddess

Here's my journal for the day....Dec 24th

Breakfast: 2 special K 99%ff waffles, 1/2 C cottage cheese/cinnamon
snack: apple, mozz.cheese string, coffee
lunch: small chicken breast, cr.cheese and soy crisps, 1C strawberries
dinner: protein shake (carbcountdown/.5 powder) 1 C ww's crockpot lasagna (whole wheat pasta), pc bread/pat butter, brownie

1495 calories.......42%carb/30%protein/28% fat
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 10:13 PM   #2412  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Merry Christmas Everyone

Thank you Curly, your card is sweet. Now, I need to add my 2 cents about what a great group we have here. You are all wonderful people. This whole trip is difficult and you guys have made it much more enjoyable. Keep coming back!
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 07:59 AM   #2413  

Default Merry Christmas~

As expected, having my parents here has made staying 100 percent OP difficult but my choices weren't too bad. The calories just got completely out of control. They brought junk for themselves to eat but are respectful of the fact that I don't eat it. These are my foster parents for those who don't remember but my foster mother is also morbidly obese. I wish I could motivate her to lose some weight too but if it hasn't happened by her 70's it may never happen. I'm going to get my Mom to make sugar free cranberry sauce today. We are actually going to have both (our family meal isn't until tomorrow because my brother is a minister). I'm also going to be busy making my desserts--sugar free pumpkin custard (pumpkin pie without a crust, and sugar free cheesecake.) I have to read in church this morning too so it will be a busy day here. My mom wrapped all my gifts yesterday.

Here's my food journal from yesterday.

B: 2 eggs over easy, 4 slices nitrite free bacon, 2 slices organic woman's bread, 1/2 grapefruit, and cappucino with carb countdown milk
L: Every good thing protein shake (chocolate carb countdown, vanilla whey protein powder, 1/2 tsp instant coffee, 1/8 tsp orange extract)
D: Orange sesame salmon, green beans, zucchini latkes with sour cream

Totals: 2054 Calories , 47 net carbs, 12 fiber, 182 protein. I'm sure I won't be liking my scale this morning.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:29 AM   #2414  
Staying in 1derland!

Dont fret on it Petra... we both know that come december 26th .. that you will be able to get right back on target and buckle down.. you werent over by much anyways.. And we all deserve one day to cut loose a tad...

(she says after she was attacked by a tin of Gingersnaps) well on the bright side they are made with wheat flour & are low sugar... lol but xtra calories i didnt need all the same...( i didnt eat all of them but more than i should have)

Am i diet programed? i woke up this morning with a queasy stomach (the gingersnaps perhaps???) and i am thinking "good i wont want to over indulge") lmao

~ my thoughts this morning? I am gonna be 225 by valentines day... even if i have to lop off an arm (just kidding) ~
Old 12-25-2005, 01:51 PM   #2415  
soon to be goddess

ah Curly..... you absolutely kill me with the things you say.....LMAO!!! attacked by a tin of gingerbread cookies...hehe, I imagine the marshmallow staypuft man coming next....OH NO!!!

I know what you mean though....ds made a tray of reese's pbutter squares and they are just soooo good. My one consolation, is that I'm only eating the bottoms of them!! I bought some of the carb countdown milk, and boy is it good. Having it plain, I taste a difference than milk, but in a shake?...nope none at all, and I'm saving in calories AND carbs.

I had to laugh, because I bought dh a latte machine for Christmas and now he's wanting whole milk to add to our assortment of.....2% (for the boys), new carbcountdown (for me), a half a jug of skim milk to use up still and now the whole milk for his latte's!!! THATS A LATTE OF MILK!!! I should think I will stop with the skim now though, as there's no room in the fridge. hehe
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote