Old 06-16-2005, 10:48 PM   #361  

I have discovered I do not Love being gone from home for 8 hours a day. Well, yesterday was 13 hours. I almost cried when i saw my day lilies had bloomed while I was away.
The course has been wonderful. Very emotional issues came up and it was amazing to see the facilitaor use the skills we have been learning with a real person with a real issue. Very powerful.
DS had baseball. DD spent the day at a friends i went and got her at 8:30. then I returned calls and emails.I am slowly winding down.I did some yoga.
The house is super messy and dishes are piling up.People who do this all the time must have a very organized routine to keep up. I was putting away laundry at 12:30 am last night. sigh.
My friends Mom dropped off a whole bucket of perennials for me. I will come home at lunch and plant them.I am blessed.
Food was wacky yesterday .Today was better but not great. It is not the content so much as the timing etc.
I am looking forward to Saturday!!!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 05:07 AM   #362  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hiya,
Weekend is here at last and I forgot all about Teel's birthday. Naughty, naughty me. Maybe I should go get the broomstick out for myself. I can even see a message on my computer telling me about Teels birthday. Yikes!!!!
for the day.
Hope you have a lovely night with friends. Certainly doesn't seem a year since you were talking of going to Salzburg. I remember the Angel Hotel. We went there when I came over to visit. Is the ivy still clinging to the walls?

Love happy's fireworks. Well done Happy.

Oh dear Tig - work has been remarkably awful. Doesn't it just make weekends sooooooo worthwhile.

Nice picture of the night sky Meadow.

Didn't know we had three birthdays this month. Happy birthday to all. Shall have a look tomorrow to see if I can work out the days.

Trying to get a lot of housework done tonight to give me a clear run up the ladder tomorrow for the ceiling plastering. Have a couple of other little jobs to get out of the way as well.

So forgive me for not talking to all individually, I'll return tomorrow with any news, views or gossip I can dredge up.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 07:41 AM   #363  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Birthdays - Teel: June 16, Linus - June 18th and Nae June 29th.

Hope you had a lovely one with friends Teel, hope you have a grand and uneventful day tomorrow Kirsty and I have time to send good wishes to Nae yet.

Running behind as usual - catch up with you all later. Make it a good one!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:41 PM   #364  

Happy birthday to Linus - shhhh she is probably asleep and coming slowly into her birthday, but for once I wanted to be on time.
for the day.

Nae's birthday is on my sisters birthday. I remember now. Hit me about the head with a piece of 4 x 2 and I'll remember anything!!

Too cold to sit around here this morning. Gotta move.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:45 PM   #365  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Talking More Birthdays Forgotten!!!

OMG IT'S LINUS AND NAE'S TOO!!! WHERE IS MY HEAD AND WHY DON'T I HAVE THEM ON NOTES LIKE EVERYONE ELSES!!! SO SORRY MY WORLDLY SISTERS!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINUS AND NAE!!!!

HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAYS ARE THE GREATEST AND ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.

I have had a tough few days. fights with ins. companies etc over the bus thing. My govt. ins. is refusing to pay a dime for my hosp and dr debts. told me to go after the bus's ins. company! Spent part of the week and all today doing just that! Each time I tell the story, when I hang up I cry. Don't know why this is still going on a month later...it was May 18th. My eyes are all red, swollen and scratchy so I am taking the weekend off AGAIN AND WILL SEE EVERYONE ON tUESDAY. mONDAY i GO BACK TO THE EYE DOCTOR FOR A CHECK UP!!!! I CAN IMAGINE WHAT HE WILL SAY!!! SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS AGAIN BUT IT GOT TOO BLURRY. LOVE TO YOU ALL AND I WILL THINK OF YOU WHILE LUNCHING IN THE PARK AND FEEDING THE SQUIRRELS! :ROFL: tAKE CARE AND HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. :SCOOTER:
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 12:38 AM   #366  
Radiate self!

Default Happy Birthday Linus!!

Have a beautiful Day with much good energy and happy faces!
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 08:42 AM   #367  

Default Happy Birthday Teel

I hope you had a great day and a terrific new year ahead. I hope you are feeling well and ready for you trip soon! How are all the new cupboards and improvements working out for you? Is the internet connection getting any better? Mine has been awful and so frustrating to try to do anything on here lately. How did the evenings out go and was the food delicious? Well, I say you just keep celebrating the birthday all month..... you deserve it.
Many Blessings,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 08:47 AM   #368  

Default HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINUS!!! and bump too!

I suppose it is already over with the time difference but I do hope you had a good day with family and friends and that you are feeling grand! You need to rest even between all the activity you have going on over there.....How is everything shaping up for you in the house? Hope the family takes some time to pamper you and make you queen for the day or week or month, you even deserve the year treatment! Thinking of you and wishing you all the best!
Many Blessings,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:03 AM   #369  

MEL~ rest those peepers!!!!
Nae~ so nice to see you here.
HUGS to all!!!
Yeah!!!! Saturday!!!!!!!!
I am sooooooo happy it is Saturday.What a loooooong week.
I am feeling very validated in my choices as a wife, mother and homemaker. Our life would be AWFUL if I worked outside of the home.
I had no idea how much I love my home and garden and how important they are to my happiness. I feel completely disconnected from my hubby. He is grumpy and snappy.

The kids are worn out too because we have done a lot of running around in the evenings.We have not sat at the table all together for a good meal in 4 days.
The upside is that the course i took was amazing and I am very glad I was part of it.
My weight is okay because I haven’t been eating right, LOL! No junk just odd and not enough at the necessary times. Lots of water but no time for exercise.
We have a family reunion in Sarnia this aft. It will be fun.I was feeling overwhelmed last night about it but today I am feeling like I can cope. I need to bake a ham and slice it and bake a cake.
I will make a nice omlette for my crew in a few minutes. I love my family soooo much.
Housework will happen when I can squeeze it in.
Hugs chicks. I missed being here too!!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 10:37 AM   #370  
Choose your hard

Default An now for a proper greeting...

Happy Belated Birthday Teel!

Wishes a bit late but none the less sincere. Hope you carry the celebration throughout the weekend!

And then a HAPPY CURRENT Birthday to you Kirsty!!!

Hope you have a great day with bump and the whole family in the new house.

Ok girls and a one and a two and a three - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CHICKIES, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU... and many more!

Ok, I have alot of house to clean and boxes to unpack and things to get ready for company in one week! I can't wait. It's kind of lonely here. I've made friends with 2 people and they both moved away. (I don't think I DROVE them away but the did move to other states far, far, away ) But I miss my family --- alot. So it's time to get the "Bed and Breakfast" ready for guests.

Have a great and productive day, I'll get back here tonight.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:37 PM   #371  

It's almost getting time for a new house again. Where shall we move to this time? A Russian Dacha, or a Polynesian village of Bures beside the blue water, or a Swiss Chalet? Italian Villa somewhere up in the Tuscan wine region? Spain, near the Sangria vines? Think about it. Aaah I know Mel and I are thinking of moving to Queenstown in New Zealands South Island - there's mountains and water and wine and fabulous clean air. We're moving in right after we win lotto. If you are not into winter sport, bungy jumping or heliskiing then we can try a summer place as well.

Good morning to all the birthday month girls. Nice to see you posting Nae. Seems there are a lot of people having problems with internet lately. Mines fine, but some friends are having more trouble than its worth. Funnily enough they are using the same service provider. Work that one out.

Yesterday I spent two hours at the gym. One on weights and resistance, one on Body Balance class. Hasn't made the slightest difference to my weight. I think I am destined to be this size for ever and ever. It can't be exercise, so it has to be water and or food. I'm holding steady at 1300 calories and may try dropping to around 1200, and maybe the water isn't enough but for heavens sake I spend almost as much on loo paper now as I do on the cat. The exercise I get just running to the loo must count for something extra. Enough whinging.

Okay somemore whinging. My mobile phone died yesterday. I suspect it is just about out of contract although I can find my copy of the contract to check it. So today I will need to go get myself a new one. Drat it all. Although the thing has been showing signs of imminent departure. They sure don't last all that long do they. About 2 years seems to be the life span - just about the length of the contract plan I guess. I really don't want to spend big to buy something where I won't use all the features. We'll see what they try to palm me off with when I get to the shops this morning. It is an expense I could do without.

House wise, yesterday I finished cleaning (no I didn't get that far on Friday - sat in a chair to watch something on tv and never woke up for a couple of hours) and chipped another tile off the floor in the hall. Only 9 more to go. Today will be 1 hour at the gym, shop for phone, put the second coat on the walls and make a start on the scotia boards, clean up the painting gear, put up the blinds which I have been promising to do for a week or more and try to find some time in the garden. The roses need a prune and dead heading and maybe some fertiliser. Some of the pots need replanting and the whole thing needs mulch and water. That should take care of my day.

Fruit, mushrooms and bacon bits on toast for breakfast coming up - right after the chicks on the forum and journals have been checked. Coffee nearly done. It's now 6.30am on Sunday. We're belting through June at the rate of knots.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:14 PM   #372  
Radiate self!

I vote for Spain

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...b-sunshine.jpg
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:47 PM   #373  

I am feeling keen on Nova Scotia Canada but it is not as exotic as the others. Spain would be nice.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:48 AM   #374  

Can you see the difference? I can see the difference!!!
The family reunion yesteday was wonderful. The wind was cool but the sun shone all day. DD even swam in the lake. She was cold and whiney after but it was worth it. I sat in the sun on the beach watching.
My SIL who has been avoiding the family for a year came with BIL and niece.We had some good conversation.
The food was brilliant. There were a lot of unique and wonderful salads.mmmmmmmm. I made the standard really healthy chocolate cake, LOL!!! The pan was scraped clean!!
Okay, the before and after victory!!!! There were photo albums of pics taken previous years. The reunion is every 2 years. there was a pic from 2003 of me with my cousin in law. I am smiling and happy but the difference in my appearance from then til now is remarkable.I am 18 lbs lighter now.My face looks different.My belly stuck out as as far as my boobs. I am thrilled with the changes I saw. Yeah, NSV!!!!!!
Our last sunday school is today followed by a potluck brunch. It is for Father’s Day too.
I am going to CLEAN all aft!!!!!! I want to CLEAN all aft!!!!!!!!

Have a glorious, peaceful, light and airy day!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2005, 10:53 AM   #375  
Choose your hard

I vote for New Zealand. Lush greenery, cascading waterfalls, clear waters, blue skies. I'm into camping and could use the exercise so someplace that has some nice (but not too steep) trails would be good. Gentle slopes for Mel would do just fine.

Except I'm not wearing no native islander sarong -- got it?

Oh and if you could arrange it - would prefer not to have bugs the size of dinner plates. Am I asking too much?

After a day of working around the house, DH and I went shopping for a few things around the house. Got some nice oil Tiki torches - they give just enough light and do seem to keep most of the bugs away in the evening. I sat out for quite a while last night - almost like camping. We went to dinner too - I had grouper (fish) for the first time. It was delicious. Grilled with some veggies and some light seasoning instead of a heavy sauce. Just perfect.

Well DH has his wish, he has a kitty cat now. Seems the one of the neighbors 4 black furry kitties has decided to check out life on our side of the fence. Lo and behold she found some cat friendly people who just happened to have a few cans of cat food. (Sorry Mr. Raccoon). It's the perfect arrangement, kitty visits and amuses DH and allergic to kitties me doesn't have to listen to DH whine about wanting a cat every time he sees one on TV. Kitty also seems to chase away the pesky squirrels and blackbirds. Of course the other birds we like are sitting high in the tree wondering who invited this intruder into their yard and why are the "big human things" making her feel welcome?

Shad I have to ask you - what is it about you that makes you want to be a certain weight? Do you feel extra flabby or large? Reason I ask is that you seem to be getting more than a good bit of exercise (2 hours at the gym!!!) you eat pretty clean and are good about the waters. And still the weight won't budge. Perhaps that's where you're intended to be. I know for myself, being older, my goal weight is a good 20 pounds more than it would have been when I was in my 20s as things have shifted a bit. Just a thought for you as you seem to be doing all the right things. I would be happy to be in an American size 10 - whatever weight that would be. I doubt I will ever get into my size 3 wedding dress again. Heck, I'd be happy to get the flabby fingers smaller so I could wear my original wedding rings again

Holly, glad you had a good time at the reunion. And that you got the moral boost to see yourself looking better. Yes, even 18 pounds makes a big difference. Meant to tell you Meadow that those were beautiful roses you posted. Nice to hear from you too Nae, hope your life has settled a bit.

Well like Holly, I am off to clean the house. Things are coming into shape. A week from now it will be all fun and relaxing so all the work now is sooooo very much worth it.

I'm off to put on the jazzy move it lady music and dust, dust, dust! Have a happy Sunday ladies...

Last edited by happy2bme; 06-19-2005 at 10:55 AM.