Old 05-26-2005, 06:47 PM   #271  
Radiate self!

Mel-I love that song, Time to say goodbye, it is like a hug that music. I have the instrumental version http://www.wtv-zone.com/ladyl605/mid...saygoodbye.mid Be weepy Mel, it is alright to allow the stress to flow out of you... it is a song that touches people deeply. Did the weather clear so you could go for a ramble around the neighbourhood?

Shad-They have no idea! Make them appreciate you. Tell it like it is and wait to see what happens. Don't take it all on your shoulders, you are one person. Show them the plan and tell them to show you the money Hugs for your frustration. Must make your days seem awfully dis-spiriting to do all you do and them still expecting even more.

Happy-Isn't Maya Angelou a marvel? She is strength personified. Such a wise, wonderful individual.

I have been drinking sugary Good Host iced tea and not exercising. I'm trying to think good thoughts about myself because Ralph Marston made me smile with his post and well I'm worth it
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 04:31 PM   #272  
Radiate self!

It is so hot! Supposed to go to 31 C today (87F) Total beach weather if I was a beach type of girl I need to buy suncreen for the kids, they are going to cook if this keeps up and it is just Spring! Seriously contemplating hooking up the sprinkler for them this afternoon, if they even want to be outside, they do have a tendency to avoid the hotter parts of the day, how did they get so smart?! I guess the rest of you are out enjoying the day I think this is a first for me posting two days and being the only one here. *Peers out into the world, you ladies alright? Kind of quiet in here

Old 05-27-2005, 05:02 PM   #273  

I am here!!! I couldn't get onto the site this aft. 9 kids all day, 4 left. DS is just home from a trip to the Lion Safari.He is just glowing with happiness.
Chicken,parsnips and asparagus for supper.DD had gymnastics.
I am doing GREAT. Feeling freespirited.
DH and I are throwing a mattress in the van and heading north for Sat night. Kids are going on sleepovers, woooohoooooo!!
HI Meadow, dont be lonely,lol!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 05:30 PM   #274  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I see Meadow has changed from the cookie monster to the Butterfly Man. Love that picture Meadow.

Keep them kiddies plastered up with the sunscreen, doesn't have to be burning for young skins to get damaged, or older ones for that matter. Last time I went to the skin clinic there was a man there whose face was a real mess from skin cancers caused by the sun. He was missing bits of ears, nose, eyelid from one eye and had holes in his hair because they had taken bits out of the scalp as well. Poor man. He says it is the result of not worrying about sunburn way back then (he was probably 75) when it wasn't fashionable to admit to pain or be pale.

I thought I was supposed to go to the dentist today, but on looking at the calendar, that is next weekends fun place to go, not this weekends, so I will be back to the gym again as per normal. Was going to go gymming last night on the way home from work but was just too tired and came home, made some pumpkin soup, hung out some towels and went to bed at 7.30. Such an exciting life I lead.

Speaking of gym. I have tried so hard with this new regime and all I seem to have got for it is more weight. Now I wouldn't mind that so much if I could see smaller body. It's not getting any smaller and I would think that all my measurements will be up again at the end of the month. I am getting very, very frustrated with this. Admittedly my food has not been as good as previously. Working in town is really not agreeing with me much - too much food on view - and I seem to be getting in more exercise than ever - and I keep wanting hot food because the weather is so much cooler. So either I give it all away and stay at where I am or get larger again or I change tack and try for something new. You know the books and the pundits always say, cut back on food and do 3 lots of 30 minutes exercise per week and it will go away, even my doctor said that! Well they are wrong, it doesn't work that way at all. Life just doesn't understand that logic.

I'm thinking about what is next to try to jolt this body into something different. Probably a good trip away from what is too close to me would do the trick. Time to start thinking about something else.

Speaking of something else. I have a feeling that my DB2 has gone off the rails again. I tried to ring him last night. Haven't seen him for a month. Thought he was back at it then but he swore he wasn't. Last night I tried to ring and the voice told me his phone has been disconnected. Hmmmm. Don't tell me I have to put up with this all over again?

Before I get grumpy about the things going wrong in my life, I should count my blessings and just get on with the day. It will be time for gym shortly and I am still hanging around in my pjs. See ya.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 07:41 AM   #275  

Default Good Morning

Well, the van isup and running againand it wasn't as expensive as it could have been. THe part was reconditioned so they tell me that is just as good. I am still being a little pouty about not going out of town. get over it! There is soooo much work to do around here I need some of Shad's resolve to tackle everything!
Hope everyone is safe and well this holiday weekend... take good care everyone and let's hear from ya!
Miss Mel how are you doing...is the rain stopping this weekend????
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 09:35 AM   #276  

Enjoy your weekend Shad, forget about the grumpies!!
Hope the Americans have a great holiday weekend!!!!!!

On the road again!!!!!
In my former life as a really cool chick I went on road trips almost every weekend.
I LOVE road trips. It used to be to festivals and concerts etc with other groovy people but a bday party in the woods with good friends is okay too.

The kids PUMPED about going on sleepovers with their friends. I must confess Mom is pumped too. They are fed and 1 is in the tub, 2nd to follow, bags to be packed and then bye,bye.
I will have a few kidless hours at home to putter and then up to huron county we go.
We dont need to be back til lunchtime tomorrow. I am hoping to plant the veggie garden tomorrow aft.
Oh, I signed up to sell Avon yesterday. I did some networking at the gym. I am the queen of networking!!!!LOL!! Look out town, you are next!!! Weeheee!!!!!!!
I bought and ate a chocolate bar last night. Weird for me, yummy, and it wont be repeated.I was super tired, maybe I needed the boost. An apple would have been better.
Oh well, best go tend to the kids. 2 1/2 hours til semi freedom.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:11 AM   #277  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Miss Meadow....2 posts in a row must be a record!!! I had that same thing happen ;ast week! Glad the new pic is the AB man! Love it!! Get yourself under the sprinl;er too! Great to be a kid isn't it?!?!? maybe we should take "kid lessons" as we grow! LOL good thoughts your way and YES YOU ARE WORTH EVERY OUNCE OF ENERGY NIT TAKES FOR GOOD HEALTH!!!

Shad~ is the dentist's office the "IN" place to be now for weekend excursions?!?!? I will have to remember that! Hope the #'s on the scale jump for you soon before you use up all the smilies between the scale and the job!!!! Have a great weekend my friend.

Holly~ I forgot to say the wors of the other day were lovely and thanks for sharing. Hope you are on your way and having a wonderful time!!!

I am going to clean a bit and do the things I have been putting off for 2 days while I ride around all over town. Ran into a LOT of "suits" yesterday and they were all surprised to see me out and about. Hope that will put to rest any leftover rumors about my general health and ease Willy Boy's burden of being a Mellie Killer! Poor sod. We were both laughing when food shopping. He is acting is usual self but a tiny bit more reserved still. Not sure why. (sigh) Time to worry about Mel though.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and take care!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 05:22 PM   #278  

Morning - the sun has arisen and so must I. Yesterday was really a me day, today I had better try for some results around the house.

I went shopping to replace some of my toys stolen in the great shed robbery. Told the lady at the toy shop all about my troubles. She gave me a small discount on the quote and asked me if she could use the example of my Insurance company policies to jolt her other customers into securing their goods. Apparently much of their repeat business comes from replacing stolen 'toys' like mine. But she had not heard of the the lock rule or the fence rule before - we swore a lot together about insurance companies. We then proceeded to start the two gadgets (edge trimmer and hedge trimmer) and had the shop customers (mostly male - shake heads, touching wood etc. all the things macho males do in what they consider they are in their rightful domain ) transfixed at the sight of two 50 something year olds giggling their way around the features of the toys making sure everything worked. Anyway, considerably poorer, I took my gadgets and left. Further shopping included food for the cat, a couple of t-shirts which will do for work, fruit and vegetables and a new orchid. (which I will take a photo of later today so you can share)
The yard is now edged, but the hedge is not. That will be part of todays job. I still await the cheque from the insurance company and will probably not replace the water blaster since there are now strict water regulations in force thanks to our ongoing drought and they are one of the things which are a no no. Besides I can borrow one if I see fit to break the rules.

As well as the shopping, I got the laundry back under control and did some cooking for the week - the beetroot are ready and I steamed some last night. Tonight they will go into a salad of some description as the lettuces need to be used up. I'm also going to try putting the beetroot leaves in the salad. Tried one last night and it has a nice flavour - different from the lettuce and those lovely bright red stalks will make an impact. Tomatoes are taking off and I see a couple of flowers appearing on some of them and the new lettuces I planted will be ready in the next couple of weeks, meantime there is the existing lettuce and the spinach to eat. I never seem to do too well with the capsicum though and will have to check their requirements before I plant any more. They are weedy and the fruits are small and misshapen. When I cut the biggest one open the other day, there was a brown mould type stuff inside. Not pretty. I must be doing something wrong there.

Todays agenda is:
More plaster and paint - down to hardware heaven for more paint - top coat this time. And with a bit of luck I will get the scotia boards and the windows finished.
Hedge trimming - I'd like to get the top done today before it gets to 12 foot tall and I can't reach.
Cleaning in the bathroom and loo will be a bit of a priority as well.
And some down time in the hammock with my old Wilbur Smith book (Diamond Hunters) - read it before and now re reading it again.

Time to get on my and get on with it.

PS Mel, I suggest you don't ride the moped too often - see how it jolts the body up and down and the head leaves the neck.

Last edited by Shad; 05-28-2005 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:28 PM   #279  

hi all ive not gone again just getting snowed under and ,running out of patience with certain sisters of mine ,and buying decorating stuff for the new house but ill let you know more when my blood pressure comes down !!!!!!!
love to all
kirsty and bump
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 09:09 AM   #280  
Happy September

good to see Miss Linus and Bump checking in. Kinda figured moving was taking it's toll!

Shad~ Hope the checque soon arrives! (like the spelling? LOL)
Glad you have some new toys and use them wisely on any trespassers. WHEN YOU FIND ANY..........
May the Force be with you!!!!
I cannot say enough about those orchids you posted in the journal. Unbelievable!! Hope some to do list got done or amother day for Miss Shad!

I am going out for a ride later and maybe listen to a book on tape. My eye and face are "blooming" again. I think the allergies are setting them off. The soda on Friday didn't help either.
Well I will just have to keep putting the drops in and see what happens. I hate living on Zyrtec for the allergies....all I do is sleep!!! It also dulls the senses and I have to be alert when outside playing in traffic!!! A day in the backyard is looking ever so better....
:moprd:Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 05-29-2005 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:36 PM   #281  

Good time had by all.
It was fun and relaxing. Got pleasantly drunk in the aft, laughed lots. Had a yummy free range grilled dinner(including caribou) with salads at 9pm,campfire, more laughter, in bed by midnight and had a peaceful sleep.
Weeded the veggie patch and then DH tilled it. Went to pick up DS, went to a garden centre and then for groceries, came home put groceries away and then went to pick up DD.
The 3 of us planted the veggie patch. They want to grow pumpkins and corn this year.
Apparently BIG is in the plan. Pumpkins take up a ton of space.LOL!
Tacos for dinner, baths and soon to bed( for all of us I think).
Hope everyone is having a great day!!!
Life is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2005, 08:53 PM   #282  
Radiate self!

Antonio art, big, huge http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...templation.jpg

My husband, ever the optimist, put up the pool yesterday, it is overcast today, didn't stop the kids from hopping into the pool. I have a couple of dolphins you know I thought about exercising today, looked in the mirror, said a couple of encouraging words, then sat down with a cup of coffee and watched a decorating show Not sure what happened, tomorrow is another day! (twirls hair around finger and looks innocent)

Mel-good to hear you got outside and had a good run around town The neighbourhood was probably all abuzz about seeing you, were your ears burning Sorry that your allergies are giving you some trouble, fingers crossed that whatever is making them flare up will blow away soon

Shad-So you are going to be the poster girl for a bit of anarchy against the insurance people? How fabulous! I hope they lose a few customers! The buggers!! Mmmm, tomatoes That is really something, cooking for the week ahead. Organization, what a concept Is that my problem? don't answer that, I have so many others higher on the list

Holly-ah, doesn't your campout sound like fun. Caribou on the barbecue must have been delicious! Fancy you getting pie eyed and giggly, must have been some good company Hope the video camera was broken, you never want drunken conversation to come back and bit you So you are working on the great pumpkin growing spree? Bag of manure and stand back, they are hungry little orange monsters, be afraid, be very afraid

Linus-Whee! decorating!! Commiserations on the family argy bargy, feed them cookies to keep them sweet

Rose- Hope things are coming together and you are planning a nice bike ride somewhere. Don't try to tackle everything at once now, pace yourself...

Hello to all the readers who are silently tsking or nodding to our posts. Yeah, some of us get it and some of us are still striving to flick that switch in the brain that pushes our energy button to get moving Mine has a cookie overdrive which kicks in whenever I think too hard about just how far I have to go... got to disconnect that one Just managing 10lbs a year is a bit disheartening by anyones standards I'm so not good at this!
Old 05-29-2005, 09:21 PM   #283  

600ml down and counting.

That's water.

I've decided that my new month resolution is BACK TO BASICS so to that end, I have to make sure I move, eat properly and drink water. Yesterday I was extremely good and as a result got back some of the energy which has been lacking over the past couple of weeks. Yesterdays list was completed and I have already started on todays list. Today I also caught a later train in to work and have every intention this week of working less than 45 hours. Weight this morning was stable and holding - still bigger figures on the scale than I had hoped, but at least things are not getting higher and higher as they did last week.

My windows have had their first top coat of paint. Yahoo. By this time next week I may actually have some blinds in the lounge room. Don't know if I can stand the luxury but hey, I'll have a go.
My new toys are working well. I need to get some more fuel for the gizmo to finish off the hedge. It ran out about halfway through the job. I think there is some in the shed but didn't have time to go look yesterday. So I sanded, painted, pruned, trimmed, swept and washed and still had a bit of time to relax with my book in the sun.

Must get back to work. I have a mountain of it here in front of me and will never get through it today if I don't move it somewhat. Taking some time in the sun to read my book at lunchtime. I think I would go nuts if I didn't get out in the break. Don't dare go to the shopping precinct. I've spent more than I should this weekend.

Oh and by the way - apparently I can't get through to DB2 because he RAN over his mobile phone in his driveway and crunched the thing!!!!!! You gotta wonder!
Old 05-30-2005, 01:39 AM   #284  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Greetings chickies...
I thought after the beginning of this year, things would settle down a bit. Not so. It's been quite the busy week or so. Had some visitors to the house, some planned, some impromptu. Being on call wasn't too terrible, only 2 calls but once you get woken up in the middle of the night, you spend the rest of the week on edge waiting for that phone to ring. So work and home life have once again kept me from posting here. Oh and we have a raccoon -- soon to be trapped and relocated in the farms of the next state if I have my way. Apparently the little beast is not happy to forage the bird seed in the yard, no.... he had to rummage through my tomato plants in the garden and ripped all the tomatoes off of 2 plants including a small tomato (my first) that was a few days from picking. Finally, I did not heed Shad's advice about the sunscreen. Worked in the yard last weekend and got myself a nasty sunburn. It had been so long since I was out in the sun for any length of time that I completely forgot about putting some on even though it was right outside the door on a nearby shelf. Took 5 days before the redness eased up and now of course I am peeling. Me and the sun don't do well together.

So that has been my week...

Shad your latest orchid is just breathtaking! One person commented in your journal that it looks like a sunset - a perfect way to describe it. I hope it's very happy in it's new home. Enjoy your new tools and I'm glad to hear that you are trimming back on the work hours. I know all too well that they expect you to perform the impossible and then they won't pay you for it. Besides as we both well know, long hours at the office makes for shortchanging yourself in your personal life. I also like your back to basics concept for June. I may adopt that myself.

Meadow, I think that if your DH filled the pool yesterday and your children were in it already, then they are more penquins than dolphins! Brrrr. Water must be freeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzing! Brrrr. I think our water will be warm enough by the end of June. It's in the mid 80's here but it doesn't feel that warm. And it cools to the 60's at night so it's holding the water temperatures down. I'm thinking I should do like DH says and just dive in and do my laps. He says I'll get used to the water, I think not but it may make me put double the effort into getting those laps done quickly

Holly, your camping trip sounds like you had so much fun. Wish we could have been there with you. And talk about a BIG garden. Whoo hoo, I think you'll be having a mini farm with corn AND pumpkins. Fancy you'll be growing one of those 300 pound prize winning pumpkins there? Good luck and have fun tilling.

Mel, hope you got out for some fresh air, maybe a bit of listening to a good book and perhaps just a bit of an afternoon snooze. Has spring hit the Jersey shores yet? I watched the movie Jersey Girl tonight and thought of you.

Kirsty, good to hear from you though you always seem to be on the run - I think bump will be born with racing shoes if you don't slow down! You should be in the new house soon, eh?

Hellos to Tig and Teel and Rose too.

It's past my bedtime - way past it, so I'd better go find my pajamas. Tomorrow's a holiday for us in the states, besides a 4 day work week, I'm off night support call duty after 9am tomorrow - yippeee. Well at least for 6 more weeks. Thought I'd just pop my head in and say hello.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 08:37 AM   #285  
Happy September

Tig and Nae and Linus and Teel must all be visiting each other!!!

Yesterday was great but so many people outside that the book tape never had a go! I'll save it for another time....maybe today.
I had my weigh in and I am down 1 lb....almost 2...to 171 and lost 6 inches. I knew I was holding water. I have some new lung exercises to do starting today and can try to drink more water BUT he gave me some warnins and I bought a measuring cup! I'll mark it well so it doesn't get taken OUT of the bathroom!!!!

Happy~ good to see the old sense of humor is there despite the trials and tribulations of work and home and garden....and Rocky racoon! This could only happen to you!!! Shad has her lizard and you have Rocky! I don't have any tomatoes but I have birds! Hope you get some time for yourself fit into the schedule. I know the feeling of being "on call". Once a call comes I lie in bed waiting for the next one......usually there never is! LOL Hope the week is a better one!

Shad~ glad the DB only broke the phone and hope all is well?!?!?
That was some load of work you did and I thought about your hammock while I was outside....and also Happy's poolside drinks. i could have used one yesterday with the throng of people out there. maybe it's a good thing you ran out of petrol or you'd have been working well into the dark hours!!! Hope the week is going well and you DO work less!

Holly~ The day and the gardening sound great. Glad the kids get to pick too. Jen always wanted pumpkins and anything edible....not big on flowers then. Continued peace at your house!!

Better get the day rolling and do the breakfast dishes so I can cook a bit today. Take care all and stay well.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!

HAPPY SPRING BANK HOLIDAY!!