Old 04-12-2005, 07:19 PM   #166  

Thanks Andrea. I usually like to save for the weekened where are layback a little bit. We are always going here or there where the food isn't so great (i mean friends and all) so I always did really well during the week and layback on the weekends. Like I know this saturday we are going to my brother in laws and its hard to plan my food ifyou know what I mean. Anyway I am trying to get really focused for my trip in a few weeks.

I just came back from a 35 minute walk. My son rode his tricycle and I walked the dog. My pedometer said 975 steps 0.1 mile. Is that 1/10 of a mile does anyone know? Who ever does the 2.6 miles I give you credit. Thats a long walk. I could have gone futher but i was afraid my son would get tired and i was not carring him, the bike and walk to dog..haha..

Talk later gotta clean up
karyn
karyn818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 07:21 PM   #167  

Andrea I just realized that I am at 1512 cal for the day now.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:08 AM   #168  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello to everyone! I just had my bunko group and I did great! I had the taco stuff minus the shells and chips! Then for desert while everyone was eating boston creme pie, I had a SF fudgesicle! I am sure I was as full as everyone else! Anyway, I wanted so bad to have the boston creme, but I am so glad I didn't give in!

Oh, Andrea, Bunko is a dice game. You pair up at 2 or 3 or 4 tables (we do 2, so there are 8 of us), and you try to roll 6's. Anyway, there is a score you keep. Then we give out prizes to the winners. It is lots of fun and we all sit around and laugh and gossip. And eat too, of course. I am learning there are things I can do without really slipping up. Before, I would have given in and ate like everyone else. YEA! I am learning! You are right though, that time of the month, I could eat the house about a week before I start and then until I start. It is a hard week to eat right. By the way, I love your description of your username. So nice when we find something that inspires us.

Val, sorry you missed your walk, but awesome that you had fun with your kids! Those are the times that are best spent. I know they loved spending fun time with their mom. Amazing what a little game of Monopoly can do for a kid. Even if mom does win! And thanks for the recipe ideas you gave! I wrote them down. I think I am going to stay on Phase 1 another week. Especially since I gained a pound. I think it is water weight, but I don't think one more week will hurt. I take blood pressure meds and they make me go to the bathroom ALL the time. My bladder stays full. Anyway, the day I weighed I had not taken my meds for 2 days, so that can add 2-3 pounds alone. I have always retained fluid. UGH!

Sabrina - Way to go losing another pound! I am looking forward to being in the 170s again. How tall are you? Just wondering how we compare in build. I am a whoping 5'3" tall. I always tried to say I wasn't over weight, I am just under tall. Doesn't work though.

Well, I guess this post is too long as it is. Hope I didn't put you all to sleep. Have a great day tomorrow moms! And take care of YOU!!!
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:15 AM   #169  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Andrea, Great pics! You are awesome! Which of your pictures is the newest? The beach one or the other one? Your kids are adorable!!!! Too cute!!
Old 04-13-2005, 01:38 AM   #170  

lost a pound without trying imagine what i can do if i would just try. wish it eas more but i will take the pound try harder this week
mamamaemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 02:12 AM   #171  

I forgot I vote for Mondays. i am also trying to potty train and its like i don't gotta go mommy i take her off the potty and then 5 mins later she goes in her pants. I am still haveing trouble getting motivated to exercise.
mamamaemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:46 AM   #172  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

Mamamaemae - congrats on the easy pound loss! Wouldn't it be nice if they all came off without really trying? maybe if you could start exercising just a couple days a week, then make it more days. It is hard to get motivated enough to exercise, but you can do it!
Good luck on potty training. For some reason my kids did that too. Say would say they don't have to go, then they go all over the place. Hang in there.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:52 AM   #173  

Default Exercise does work

I am down a total of 3lbs since I started. another 1/2lb today. I know I shouldn't being weighing myself every day but itsmotivating. I only have 7lbs more until my april goal.

Kim your so funny… but true. I am 5’2” tall and I would say if I could grow I wouldn’t have to lose weight. Isn’t that funny we think alike. Congrats on staying on your plan. I know how motivating it is to do it. Like yesteday when I choose nonfat frozen yogurt over my sons regular icecream. It felt good to have it and not feel guilty. Theres no reason why we can’t do this.

Mammamaemae what is your first name again. Congrats on the 1lb. 1lb off is better then one on. Potty training is hard work. How old is your daughter. If she is over 3 I will tell you what I did but don’t do it until she is almost 3 cause you will just beat your head against the wall. Go out and buy training underwear (they have an extra layer of cotton in the center, not enough like a diaper) put sweats on her so it will save your carpets too. Warn her first then put the underpants on her. It will take 3 days to a week of doing laundry and cleaning up. Keep taking her to the bathroom. She won’t want to do it in her pants after the first couple of times. Also what I did every time he dirty himself I put him in the bathtub standing (not playtime) and washed him from the waste down and told him he was all dirty we have to clean him. It took 2 ½ weeks to poop on the potty but 3 daays for peeing. Good Luck. Let me know how your doing. If she is under 3 she might not be ready. At first my son always told me he didn’t have to go. Now he goes on his own. He won’t pull up his pants yet tho? Does your daughter dress herself? My son will be 3 ½ in June.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:43 AM   #174  

Good Morning Everyone I didn't get to exercise yesterday at all after missing out on my lunch walk, a day off occasionally is nice I guess, but now I'm twice as ready to get out there today!!

Way to go Karyn Keep going, YOU WILL MAKE YOUR APRIL GOAL!!!

Congrats on the loss mamamaemae!! You can do it, just hang in there, potty training is so time consuming no wonder you've not been motivated to exercise, but you will get there, mean while just make sure you watch what you eat!! Sorry I'm no help with the potty training its just been so long ago that I don't really remember what I did

Bunko sounds like great fun Kim. I'm proud of you for resisting the urge to indulge yourself with food. It sounds like you had a great time anyway eating your way!! I have also learned that it is ok for me to still go eat lunch with my friends just not order the same and actually I've gotten some of them to start ordering the big juicy crunchy yummy salads too!!

Sabrina...the 70's...I'm sooo jealous. I lost some weight about a year ago and was down to about 170 and it felt so good that I was sure I wouldn't let myself gain it back but then somehow magically it reappeared Good Job, I can't wait to see the 70's but I've still got a way to go. You are an inspiration!!

Joan, where are you?? We miss you and I've got a bellydancing icon

Well I'll catch up more later. See ya!
mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:46 AM   #175  

Default Hi all

Just letting you all know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth (yet).
I'm just having a bad week. Fighting off a bad body image and trying to get motivated to exercise. I'm having problems with my knees and of course I can't get a dr's appt. until the 22nd. I'm getting very fustrated because everytime I have a good exercise roll going something happened to slow me down again. Kids get sick, I get sick or injured, etc. I know...I just have to get off my bum and get going.

Alright, I'm going...

I said I'm going....

Ill go ...

I'm going...

ALRIGHT I'M GOING!!!
aweighstogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:00 PM   #176  

Talking

Joan I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a bad week. I know what you mean though it seems like everytime I get into a good workout routine I get really sick and can't continue, then when I feel better I have to go through the whole motivation thing again. Just remember how much fun you were having at bellydancing class and how good you will feel to get started again!!

I took some pictures to post last night but when I tried to upload them it said they were too big so I have to resize them and try again tonight. I'm off to my fitday account to log my food. Talk to you all later!
Old 04-13-2005, 12:30 PM   #177  

I would be happy right now to hit the 190's my 70s are a way off but i have to keep focused. Being under 200 right now is my goal. I don't know if you guys agree with tanning or not but i went today while my son was at school. I am trying to get a base tan for my Baton Rouge trip on the 28th of April.

Anyway, keep up the good work girls and Joan don't get depressed. It happens to all of us and you have to find an exercise that doesn't bother your knee I haven't exercised yet today but I will.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:31 PM   #178  

Talking

Oh, I almost forgot. This morning as Seth (my youngest) and I were getting ready to leave he came into my room and I had just realized that the shirt I had put on was missing all the buttons (thanks to the ex) so I quickly took it off and grabbed another, Seth says "Wow mom you can really tell you've lost weight...woohoo t w e n t y lbs" He was really happy for me Bless his sweet little heart

Andrea, haven't heard from you today, what's up?? Miss your posts.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:39 PM   #179  

Talking

Karyn I think tanning is fine especially to get a base tan cause then you don't have to worry so much about getting burned when you are out on a nice day. Those people who go so much they look like overtanned leather...thats yukky!!! I am a redhead and can tan pretty good but still have to be careful of the burn, so I like to go tan starting in about March so that by the time the good weather hits I've got some color and don't have to worry about getting burned quite so bad. I promised myself that I was going to do that this year but haven't had the time or money. Plus I really like getting to lie warm and naked in an absolutely quiet room, it is like a little slice of heaven!! and I know all you mom's can identify with that!! Being under 200 is a good beginning goal, that is what I started out wanting too!!
Old 04-13-2005, 01:07 PM   #180  

Thanks. i do enjoy being alone with the sunlight. I get that winter blues and tanning defently helps. I am going to baton rouge at the end of the month and its already 74 degrees there so I know I will be in shorts and I am pretty light. I am irish/german/chezlovokian and alot more too.. So I like to get a base and then I don't burn so bad. My sister goes all year and I tell her thats not good but I can say she is not that dark either so she must keep it at a min. It defently feels good especially as a mom we can't layout the way we did before kids if you know what I mean.