Old 04-15-2005, 01:51 PM   #211  

Talking

I just got back from my lunch time walk!!! It was soooo nice to get back out there! Thank you Andrea for the wonderful compliment that was a self portrait taken right in my living room, just for the purpose of being able to post a recent picture. Now I've got to get busy and get some of the kids in the gallery and maybe an old one of me when I was young and thin possibly I'll take a picture of Leiren in her dress too!
mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 02:50 PM   #212  
On My Way!

How great that you got to walk today Val!! Hope the weather was good and all.

I want to go on a hike SO badly, but the weather isn't cooperating. I'm thinking that today I will try to fix that bike stand that turns my regular bike into a stationary bike and I will rent a movie to watch while I cycle. (You can't get tv out here without buying cable, and I just don't want to spend the money on that.)That darned thing is noisy, though. I'm going to give it a shot, anyway.
Serafyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 02:58 PM   #213  

Talking

I got to go home from work early today so I actually get the house to myself for about an hour (unheard of). What movie are you going to rent Andrea? Have you seen After the Sunset? It is really good, of course I love Pierce (yes, we are on a first name basis) so I would just keep pedaling my bike hoping to make my way to him!! hee hee.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:03 PM   #214  

Cool

And the weather here is beautiful today!! Sunny and warm with just a nice light cool breeze. Perfect!!
I am just on dial up internet here at home and so my computer runs so much slower than my one at work it drives me crazy
Old 04-15-2005, 04:53 PM   #215  
On My Way!

Val, I haven't seen After the Sunset--haven't heard of it, actually, but that's probably because I'm pretty out of the loop without television. I only find out about the latest movies, when they come out on video and aren't the latest anymore! haha

I actually decided not to pick up a movie, because all I have is a DVD player and DVD's are $3.50 + tax for one day, and I just can't justify that today. Sigh...waiting for some more money from my husband, and I have some bills to pay.

That's okay. I'll try my bellydancing DVD this evening instead.

Hope you enjoyed that time at home alone! I'm jealous!
Old 04-15-2005, 07:45 PM   #216  
kpe
Paige

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!! Before I get started I just want to apologize for any spelling errors. I am embarrassed to say that as an Asst. Principal I have horrible spelling. I live for spell check on my computer!!

I am going to take everyone's advice and tomorrow I am going to go get a pedicure in the morning before we go to my kids spring festival at school. I have been putting it off for weeks, just no time.

My kids go to a great little private school that starts at 18mos and goes to 9th grade. It is alittle country school in the middle of the city. The preschool even looks like a little red school house. They have horses (you pay extra for lessons), a petting zoo, and small pool. They also have 5 chickens, a rooster, a peacock and 4 rabbits that roam the grounds freely!!! It is a great place and I am really fortunate that I found it. My kids started just going to the daycare they have but they love it so much we will probably stay a few more years before moving them to public school. We have a brand new elementary, intermediate, and high school behind our house. That is why we built a house in this neighborhood so they would be close to school. And now they don't even go there!!!

My husband is great and he really helps out with the kids. However, he goes to school at night and will graduate on May 8th!!!! WE are so excited, he has been working on and off for this the last 15 years. He has had a ton of college hours but you'd think he was 18 the way he has constantly changed his major. I think he has enough hours for several degrees. He is all ready to start his maters in the fall, but I am hoping he will put it off for at least a year so he spend more time with us.

I really am looking forward to getting to know you all better!! I will work on getting everyone's name down in the next few days!! Thanks again for the welcome!

Paige
kpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 10:15 PM   #217  
On My Way!

Paige, your kids' school sounds wonderful! I can understand why you're loathe to take them out and put them in public school! I was wondering, do you get any grief from your fellow teachers about having your kids in private school, or do they understand? Just curious about that. I've been seriously considering homeschooling, but I think I will wait until all the kiddos are older, because my oldest daughter wants to do so much and I just can't do as much as I'd like with her while taking care of the younger two. We'll all be better off if she goes to kindergarten this coming Fall. She'll be going to a brand new school--well, the old one was taken almost down before they started building the new one on top of what little was left. She's excited to see them finish it this summer.

Good for you for getting a pedicure--sounds like you need some pampering.

Well, I don't have much to say this evening. Stayed on plan and ate within my calorie range. I'm feeling really achey (is that spelled right?), so I'm going to skip yoga in the morning unless I'm noticeably better. I think the acheyness is related to TOM coming. Another annoying symptom I get. UGH.

Later!
Old 04-15-2005, 10:17 PM   #218  
On My Way!

Oh, I forgot to say that I posted some new, current pictures today. My mom wanted to see some current ones, so I played around with the camera today. Thought you all might like to see them too. They are all head shots, since I don't have anyone here to take full-length pictures for me. I want to get my husband to do that, because I want to see the difference when I lose all the weight!

Later!
Old 04-16-2005, 03:06 AM   #219  
On My Way!

Hi everyone! I'm testing out the attachments feature. You should be able to see a picture of me and my oldest daughter, Stella. Or maybe click on an attachment to open the picture. Hope so!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of Andrea and Stella.JPG (48.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-16-2005, 03:14 AM   #220  
On My Way!

Hey! It worked! I don't mean to come across as narcissistic with all these photos. I'm just having fun learning how to do things on this site. Now that I know a few tricks, I will have to get before photos done--full body ones. (UGH!) I decided I don't want my husband to take the pictures, though. He's not such a good photographer, and he might make me feel stupid, or else, have a cow that I'm going to post my pictures online! He might not, but I think I'll just have my girlfriend do it.

Later!
Old 04-16-2005, 08:48 AM   #221  
kpe
Paige

Good Morning!!
I was up bright and early this morning. My 6 year old always crashes early and then wakes up at the crack of dawn. He has not figured out that it can be a good thing to sleep in on the weekend. I've got to go grocery shopping some time today. My husband went for me last week, and what can I say... he tries. So I need to do it myself so I can make sure I end up with everything I need for the week. I hope the weather this weekend stays as nice as it has been all week. I wish the weather would stay like this year round. I'm not looking forward to the humidity and heat this summer. I think that is the worst thing about living in Texas.

Andrea- Great picture of you and Stella! I guess I don't adjust to getting older in so many ways. It was really hard to adjust to the fact that my baby boy was going to be in kindergarten this year. And now he is getting ready for 1st grade. Where does the time go??????? They grow up so fast. You would be suprised on how many teachers send their kids to private school. Maybe because we know so much about what to look for. Alot of teachers also take their kids to where they work so they can have some say on who their teachers are. I am not opposed to public school... I always thought my kids would go to one. We just stumbled across this school and love it. The daycare/preschool is awesome.... I have a very close relationship with the preschool director and she is so incredible that I could never pull my kids out of there. The school is different and once my daughter is ready to start school I don't know if I will still have the same feeling....time will tell.

I got on the scale this morning I have lost 2 of the 4 I had gained so that is good. My WI is on Thursday and I hope I can manage to lose at least 3 more since most of it is water retention. Before this past week I only needed to lose 1 more pound to reach my 10% goal at WW. So 3 more would do it. I usually cook on the weekend for the week so I will do that tomorrow. It helps to just heat it up and fix a veggie to go with it. By the time I pick the kids up from school and we go to dance, swimming, or soccer it is usually 7:00 when we get home. So needless to say I am not in the mood to spend alot of time in the kitchen. If DH gets home before us he is pretty good about getting things started.

I hope you all enjoy your Saturday!!! I'll check in later.

Paige
Old 04-16-2005, 08:53 AM   #222  
kpe
Paige

Andrea- I just looked at your pics in the gallery.. your kids are adorable!!!!!
Paige
Old 04-16-2005, 12:41 PM   #223  

I typed out a big long post last night and my computer was acting up so I lost the whole thing and gave up At ball practice last night I didn't get any exercise I just sat on the bench and watched.

Paige your kids school sounds so great I wish I could go there! Tell your husband congratulations on his graduation for me. That is so awesome and I know it must have been alot of hard work for both of you! I am taking an online college class that starts on the 20th, I just finished another one and it was pretty easy. I was really nervous when I signed up that I would somehow have lost the ability to learn new things and would just fail terribly. Now it is a real boost of self esteem because I did so well on losing those 2 lbs I'm sure you will lose the other 3 on schedule!

Andrea, I love the new pictures of you!! What a beautiful smile Keep them coming and wow even just in the face you can see the difference the weight loss has made!! GO YOU!!! I've got to get alot of housework done and get out and walk this weekend since I missed so many days this week, but I will really try to get some more pics up too!! Oh and I found my tape measure so I will post my measurements past and present!! I think I will go do that right now I'm really excited to see what the difference will be!!
Old 04-16-2005, 01:03 PM   #224  

Well of course now I can't find my book that had my original measurements in it. Oh well I'll stumble across it sooner or later. So this is what I came up just now when I measured.

Waist (the main problem for me) 43 inches (I think the original was 44 1/2)
Hips 44 1/2"
Bust 42 1/2"
Thigh 24"

So there it is in black and white! Yuk! Hopefully there will be lots of improvement there!!
Old 04-16-2005, 01:39 PM   #225  
HERE I GO AGAIN!

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'3"

Whoo Hooo! I just got my Yoga video you all were talking about. I will start that next week. I haven't walked yet, but my neighbor and I will walk in a little while. I am off to see my mom and dad and take them some groceries and other stuff they needed. I have found that the crystal light packets called 'to go' are wonderful! You just pour the little packet into your bottled water, shake it up, and there you go! I have tried the tea one and the lemonade. They are both really, really good. Anyway, I have got to run. I will post to everyone later when I get a chance. It is gorgeous here. I hope you all have the same weather where you are!!!
o2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote