3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 10:36 AM   #61
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh---i get confused when the year changes----next year is september to me---SARRY!!!
Old 01-30-2005, 02:09 PM   #62
loves kleenex box art

same thing. Next year that start in September, he graduates. He's same grade as Kiwiette.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:43 PM   #63
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwe will have a virtual grad party for the peachpie and the kiwiette!!!!!!
---anyone here watch "desperate housewives"???
Old 01-30-2005, 05:08 PM   #64
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz
---anyone here watch "desperate housewives"???
Constantly. It's hilarious! I can't believe they made such a big deal about that show being "controversial", like every other show on TV isn't about adultery and sneaky, lying people. I saw an interview with some guy who wrote the show originally and he couldn't get anyone to buy the idea. He was describing it as satire. Which of course is what it is. A friend told him to market it as a soap opera, and the network snapped it right up.

Hey, I haven't been here since Friday. Where've I been? I had to get up at the a**crack of dawn Friday to take DD in to school early. They went on a bus to another high school to take part in a regional Honors Music Festival. She was in the chorus. They rehearsed all day Friday, and went over really early Saturday too for rehearsal. Then there was concert in the afternoon yesterday. It was lovely. They also had band. It's amazing what they're able to do with 2 days of rehearsals. There were kids there from about 10 schools. DD had a great time -- she said what she liked most was that everyone there wanted to be there, they could all sing and enjoyed doing so. That made it fun.

The cheesecake was a great success. Strangely, the kids, other than DD (who knows a good thing when she sees it), weren't interested in it at all. Which was just fine, because I got to bring about 1/3 of it home. mmm But the adults were delighted and very complimentary. I thought it was a bit too creamy myself, but who am I to criticize my own cooking....

Cowp, DS is not going to university next year. Exactly 12 months from now he will be a high school senior. He's going the year after next. Because everyone knows that the year starts in September. Pay no attention to those pesky date things, like 2005, 2006, etc. I think it's hilarious that he is comparing a chiropractic college. Is he just trying to get on your nerves? DH made an appointment to see the high school guidance counselor about DD's college search. I have no idea what we're going to get out of it, except maybe we will find out how little they are equipped to help if she's not going the U of Maine. Maybe I will be surprised.

I'm making chicken soup again. It sure smells good.

Kiwi
Old 01-30-2005, 07:41 PM   #65
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

I CAN'T SMELL YOUR SOUP--------------- i have a problem with chicken soup====the broth never tastes "tasty"----i simmer the chicken with onion,carrots,celery---STILL no real full bodied flavour-------------GIVE UP YOUR SECRETS.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:51 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
What they didn't know was that Mr. Penis had supporters and when the parade began, two men holding a sign reading, "Mr. Penis for Presdient" marched in front of the choir.
Every penis needs a supporter.
If you observe a really happy man you will find him building a boat, writing a symphony, educating his son, growing double dahlias in his garden. He will not be searching for happiness as if it were a collar button that has rolled under the radiator. - W. Beran Wolfe
Old 01-31-2005, 05:10 AM   #67
fatter than U

Cool whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk
I had to get up at the a**crack of dawn Friday to take DD in to school early.
That reminds me of an Oprah joke that I probably shouldn't tell here for fear of offending any number of visible minorities all at the same time. You've all heard it already anyway, I'm sure.

Yes, I too am pervy, liberal and creative, when they let me be, that is. And no, I don't think that gay people just turn gay. I believe they are that way from birth and it's their environment that decides whether they can "come out" or not. When I was a little kid in the 60s we had three pairs of gay men living on our street and it was totally not an issue. And nobody's business anyway. So there.

Kids got report cards on Friday and now have Monday and Tuesday off to recover. Go figure. I will be decluttering ALL DAY (well, ok, most of the day because it's 11:05 a.m.) because this tip is taking over my life and I'm not going to take it any more!

A chiropractic college? Do you, like, learn to be a chiropractor there, or is it run by them orwhat? I'm so confused. I think Peachez ds should become a rocket scientist or a Nobel Peace Prize winner.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:23 AM   #68
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

a change is as good as a rest-----tip cleaning can really work----ROCK ON SUGARCUBE!!!
Old 01-31-2005, 01:52 PM   #69
fatter than U

Red face "tip cleaning" or "a glass of water is as good as a nap"

I miss Hoochie Mama. She was so sensible and able to eat only one Oreo at a time. And she was so good at ironing golf shirts.

Bagziee! Didn't you say that you totally decluttered your house awhile back? Did it stay that way? We just have SO much crap and I'm trying to brutally slog my way through it and only keep what we use or love.

Did I mention that I woke up at 4 a.m. this morning and couldn't get back to sleep at all? Got up and sat around in the living room until 6 and then did fall back to sleep. Is that perimenopause or what? It'd be nice to be able to sleep through the night for a change. Maybe when I'm 60.

Oooh! I can watch The (badly dubbed) OC too starting Wednesday night. How many seasons have I already missed? Will I like it?
Old 01-31-2005, 02:03 PM   #70
loves kleenex box art

Sugar, I'm reading a German novel called "The Reader." It's kind of uninteresting to me so far. I see that it's supposed to be erotic but I'm not getting it. You read it?

I have a kitty, seven years old maybe, who has a serious dental problem. I think it's ginginvitis. I'm taking him to the vet on Saturday. This kitty was an adult when I got him and he is not trained to be handled like my other kitty is. If I do something to him he doesn't like (comb him, administer meds), he hides under the furniture for days. If it's meds, then I can't do it again. I can't catch him.

So I'm afraid she'll want a fortune to address his problem and then expect me to brush him teeth or something. I could do anything to the other cat but not this one. I am concerned. I need feedback here.

Kiwi, what schools are you visiting? U of F???? Nice and warm here.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:30 PM   #71
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

brushing a cat's teeth???forget it----get them hauled out---let her gum it.----that's my input-----------SUGAR-HELLOOOOOOOOOO??????????????/---- I COULD DEJUNK 24-7 AND THIS AMAZON HULK OF A TIP WOULD STILL BE SPITTING OUT TRASH---- we even had a dumpster once and FILLED it----the garage and basement could fill one again----i guess i must grow the crap.I LOVE THE OC------------- just i used to love Dynasty and especially Knots Landing----------i loved Donna Mills----and Nicolette Sheridan---she used to do up William DeVane--------------now she's doing up Wisteria Lane-------i just put in a CD that has Microsoft Office----what the **** is that and how do i use it????------------take the cat's teeth out yourself when he's asleep-=---save yourself some cash.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:01 PM   #72
Member w/ messiest house

Default "a glass of water is as good as a nap"? LOL

I had no idea she was good at ironing golf shirts. You must have known her better than I did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
Did I mention that I woke up at 4 a.m. this morning and couldn't get back to sleep at all? Got up and sat around in the living room until 6 and then did fall back to sleep.
I've been doing that once a week or so. It's evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
I have a kitty, seven years old maybe, who has a serious dental problem.
I have a kitty who has a serious mental problem.
She has a pretty consistent bad hair day going and she sits 2 feet from me and waves her paw at me for attention. If I don't pat her she hunkers down and looks dejected. Sometimes she turns her back on me. If I do pat her, she just keeps waving her paw at me. Actually this is sort of revelant to your dental problem. I have had to comb mats out of her hair every winter, and they can get really bad. She used to hate the sight of me after a session of that. I found I had to do it frequently for shorter times with lots more happy-type combing so she wouldn't avoid me for days while the mats got even worse. I only hope you don't have to do anything to your kitty on a regular basis, but if you do, you'll have to do something similar--make the brushing frequent and short. Good luck.

Gee, I don't think I've the a**crack joke. Share. (Or pm it)

Ta, Bovettes
Kiwi, Penis Supporter
Old 01-31-2005, 03:07 PM   #73
fatter than U

Talking meow

Sitting here thinking how happy I am that I don't have a cat. (Actually, I'd love to have one but I'm allergic in a big way that no bath can reduce).

How weird is this: about a week ago some person from the US I don't know at all e mails me and says he found my e mail somewhere on the internet (eep). He was looking for a friend of his, a female exchange student who had visited the US in 1993 (!) and apparently she came from the town where we live now. He gave me her first name and what he thought was her last name but I was pretty sure her first name was spelled differently so I looked in our little tiny phone book - two names there but not her first name, and then I did a search and the only thing I came up with was a chick who happened to be selling her car online. So I sent him the e mail address from there, with the first name different from what he thought it was, and it turned out to be her!!! Freaky. Anyway, the guy was nice but at the bottom of his e mail he had "Taking Back America". That's not good, is it? I don't think he and I will be corresponding again.

Doing good deeds for other people should make you thin, but I'm STILL fat! Pppthhhhh!

Bagzie - Germans are not erotic. Ask me how I know. I KNEW I should have gone for alternate life number 47.

Ok, ok, but I hope Oprah isn't reading this:
Did you hear what happened to Oprah? She was caught at the airport with 30 lbs. of crack.

Hilarious, eh? Got it from my brother.

Last edited by SugP; 01-31-2005 at 03:12 PM. Reason: forgot the crack joke
Old 01-31-2005, 05:25 PM   #74
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh my GAWD Shuga!!!---did i say that germans were Erotic??? where did i get that idea????----maybe Oprah DID have the big crack, but the laughs on us fat arses isn't it!!!---she's been skinny and fit for years now!!!----the more things change the more they stay the same=========kiwi----how come you didn't back up my plan to have cowperns cat with dentures???------you can sign me as "unsupportive of penissss===is it peni??? a flotilla of peni?? {pronouced pee--nigh}=======KIWONK--- i forgot to say how jealous i was of your saturday with all of the musical teens-----sigh----------i miss that sooooooooooooooo much----i don't think ds will be involved in music like the girls were---------------dd20's band plays around town so i am not totally out of the scene.........................
Old 02-01-2005, 05:19 AM   #75
fatter than U

Wink I'll be learning to read any day now!

Silly me. Now that I've had a good night's sleep I see that *Peachy* was asking about the erotic Germans. They're still not erotic, although you can see naked girls on almost any magazine cover and people (not me) sit around in the sauna in the buff. I haven't read that novel. What's it about?

Yeah, that Oprah joke must be really old because as much as we love to despise her, she is looking pretty fabulous these days. I'm still waiting for me free car. She never answers my mails.

Kids have gone to a movie with granny and I have the whole day to myself. Wheeee! What shall I do? I'm torn between doing chores and pampering myself. Will most likely set my timer for 15 minute intervals and do both.