Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 12:32 PM   #121  

This makes total sense too......

Quote:
1. Wabbit
"standard" Scots word meaning exhausted, tired, worn out, etc..
Ah wiz wabbit after clearin'-oot ma gearden o' all thon leaves.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:41 PM   #122  

gotta headache this morning. Not a horrible bad one, it's just there.

I bought paint for our guest room and our bedroom. Guest room is kind of peachy-terracotta color. 'Warm Praline'. and my bedroom is going to be 'Classic Taupe'. I know you've all been worrying about that.

Thanks for the heads up on the garlic pizza, Kiwi. My fridge was reeking of garlic this weekend. Someone hadn't put the lid on tight on the leeeeeetle jar of minced garlic. Whew!! potent stuff. Can't live without it though.

Just found out Grandpa Jim is diabetic. Guess he'll have to knock off drinking a 6 pack of Coke every day. We go to the dietician next week.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:42 PM   #123  
Member w/ messiest house

6 Cokes a day! No wonder he's a diabetic!

I haven't done any exercise since DD dragged me out skiing a week ago. She wants to go today; I don't want to. I have to go shopping. Food trumps exercise, especially in this house. Nobody really cares if I exercise as long as they get fed.

Ta. I'm so boring.

Kiwi
Old 02-08-2005, 02:46 PM   #124  
fatter than U

Lightbulb Ahhh! I forgot!

Today is Pancake Tuesday and I forgot to make any. Tomrrow is Ash Wednesday and we must all give up something for Lent. Being good Catholics and all. When I was at U Vic there were two Portuguese girls who always gave up chocolate and they were absolute basket cases by Easter, poor things.

Have I mentioned lately how d*mn fat I am? This is getting ridiculous. Someone motivate me. Poor Leslie is gathering dust.

Yesterday all the kids in Germany got dressed up and celebrated Mardi Gras at school. Ds11 was an alien gardener - something he thought up himself. Overalls, plaid shirt, gardening gloves, a green face and antennae with eyes on the end. Can you picture it? I told him he'd probably win a prize for the most creative costume but he said he didn't think so, because the judges, the school principal and the librarian, were sort of serious Ancient Greece classical education types. So I said "Oh, well then maybe you should go as Socrates." to which he replied, "Soccer-who?"
Old 02-08-2005, 03:00 PM   #125  
loves kleenex box art

answers.com says Synonyms: smasher, stunner, knockout, beauty, ravisher, sweetheart, lulu, looker, mantrap, dish

I am giving up something for Lent but it's a secret. In case, I fail.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:01 PM   #126  
loves kleenex box art

DS is studying So-crates now. Our lives are so similar.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:05 PM   #127  
fatter than U

Default Socrates spans the globe

Maybe we're twins?
Old 02-08-2005, 03:12 PM   #128  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

HEY GUYS!!--THE MARKET PEOPLE HAVE APPROVED ME!!! Finally i can think about getting rolling--------wabby--the soaps are in fruit flavours i think and some are more classic------i got "soy" candles in tins cause they don't have petroleum in them and supposedly burn cleaner {we'll see}---i got LOTS of pottery mugs---i love them myself and hope others will too!!!! gotta go make a birthday supper for the ole man---he' 44 today----------back over to sleep at the Hong Kong Orhans house tonight {nice house though----sis has really nice Lancome creams !!! i am being LAVISH!!!} xoxoxoxoExcercise???? who ever heard of that?????
Old 02-08-2005, 04:21 PM   #129  
loves kleenex box art

YOu old bat. What are you giving up for Lent? Swearing?
Old 02-08-2005, 05:00 PM   #130  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
When I was at U Vic there were two Portuguese girls who always gave up chocolate and they were absolute basket cases by Easter, poor things.
Ohmygod Sugar, you are so funny! Re-read that sentence, it's a mine-field of puns.

Should I give up something for Lent? Seeing's how I'm not Catholic or even remotely religious? What should I give up that won't make me a
basket case! Maybe late night snacks. or Cheese. That would be tough. Oo I know! Abstinence!
Quote:
Have I mentioned lately how d*mn fat I am?
Yeah, me too. I've started avoiding some of my pants. Not good.
Quote:
Ds11 was an alien gardener - something he thought up himself. Overalls, plaid shirt, gardening gloves, a green face and antennae with eyes on the end.
What a character!!

And just what are those synonyms for? Cowpernia?

to the Bagzpouse. Although I really don't see why he has to be younger than me. Congrats on the shop approval!! I'm sure it will all come together beautifully!

I'm being so good. I'm eating an orange. And I'm going to make vegetable soup for dinner. I bought some salmon filets and baby spinach for tomorrow's DD birthday dinner. She just informed me that she will have to rehearse for show choir after school till 4 and be back at school at 6:30 for pep band and rehearse again after the game. So apparently birthday dinner will be held between 4:30 and 6 PM. Good thing she spent all day Saturday with her friends. 4 of them have birthdays around the same time and they had 2 consecutive parties. Do you think I should have been concerned that she took a blanket to the second party?

Later alligators
Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 02-08-2005 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:13 PM   #131  

We need a new thread. Someone think of something witty.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:27 PM   #132  

Mind is in fog. Glad you all are wide awake, active and funny.
I wish I had a cute little shop to shop in... Baggz, you'll be a smash, I'm sure.

That urban dictionary is toooo hip for me. Although I did relate to paint eating monkey... sigh.

Thread suggestions:
Cows who milk it for all it's worth
Cheesy cows
Queasy cheesy cows
Bovine Bling bling
Bovine Lenten devotions
Penitential Cows
40 days and 40 nights of cows in the wilderness
Closed Thread