Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 10:35 AM   #16  
loves kleenex box art

since ds will be gone during spring break, I think it's time for a Cow-meet-up. Whatdaya say? I'll go anywhere (as long as prices are down.)
Old 01-24-2005, 10:49 AM   #17  

What a great idea! (Of course, I've mostly lost track of when spring break is here, let alone everywhere else.) And then I had an attack of the "When's". i.e., I could go when I'm not feeling fat, poor and grouchy....

Discuss amongst yourselves.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:34 PM   #18  

I'm shivering just looking at Bagzie's pictures. Brrrrr. I think winter has passed us by this year. It all went to the east coast. Even the ski resorts in the mountains have closed due to no snow. Kiwi, I'm sure the person that said "you can't go outside" was probably originally from the Northwest. We don't do snow or ice here.

A cow round up? You all know I'm not allowed out of my pasture. Where do you think this round up would take place?

Kiwi! labeled shoe boxes? I don't have a big enough closet space for that. I use the shoes-in-a-heap method.

I bought new dishes on Saturday. I loved my new dishes. They were Mikasa Country Manor dishes. Creamy white w/ a basketweave design around the rims. I had to take them back because they didn't fit in my dishwasher!!!! How stupid - they make 11" plates now instead of 10" standard plates and standard dishwashers can't accomodate them. At the store they told me I should bend the tines over in my dishwasher so that the plates would fit. I spent the whole weekend hauling dishes out of the store, unpacking all the dishes, trying to fit them in the washer, packing them all back up, hauling them back to the store. This is my pattern for anything I buy lately. I bought some pants. In the store they fit fine. I wore them once, and now they look way too big. I bought new down pillows. They felt soft, but after we used them one night we had sore necks because they are just too over stuffed. I can't take them back because we used them. I'm going to quit being a consumer for awhile.

Speaking of cakes - I made a yummy cake this weekend. It's called "better than sex cake". It's not, but pretty close. It has a yellow cake on the bottom, then a pineapple layer, then vanilla pudding layer, then whipped cream, then toasted coconut. Refrigerate for several hours and inhale. I also made baked ziti, salad and focaccia bread for dinner. I'm back to Lean Cuisine for lunch today. I've been bad lately, but it was fun while it lasted, now I'm back on the wagon. However, I would make an exception for a Coffee Crisp.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:33 PM   #19  
Member w/ messiest house

You wanta go on our college tour with us, Peachie? I wonder if DD would like to go to college in Germany? Har. You didn't tell me when vacation was anyway. Not likely when I'm available. You know how busy I am, what with my shoe labelling business and all.

My migraine meds only partially worked yesterday. Probably because I was on the phone twice after taking them, not such a good idea I don't suppose. I'm having a relapse and I can't decide whether to take them again.

DH stayed home today for a "mental health" day. Didn't work for me.

Kiwi
Old 01-24-2005, 03:14 PM   #20  
loves kleenex box art

last weekn in March that ends in April. My birthday is that week. Get your prioorities straight.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:01 PM   #21  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

effin storm has left this place a white mess----can't see around any corners----snowbanks 8 feet high-----MAN AM I CRABBY----------peachbat-----the week you speak of is the week after Easter----i will have my denver stepdaughters here for their break------------MAYBE WE SHOULD GO WITH KIWI TO LOOK AT COLLEGES FOR OURSELVES--------------THE HOUSE WILL BE FULL OF TEENAGERS AGAIN---- the ones from nova scotia were just here for five days because they got trapped by the storm---other dd and bf got caught in nova scotia for four days-----THIS HAS GOT TO STOP.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:44 PM   #22  
loves kleenex box art

SnowBat, Christmas came in JANNURARYY this year! DS took down his 2004 calendar and replaced it with a index-card sized one! I'm waiting til he's gone to open the other stuff. Why must I share?

When is Easter? In March? That't not right. Change it.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:42 PM   #23  
Member w/ messiest house

I spent the entire ride home in the car today trying to convince DD that 10 deg. weather with 15 mph winds are not a good time to go out for an hour of cross-country skiing. She was unconvinced; I finally had to tell her she was simply not going period. How is this kid going to survive on her own in college? Maybe we should make her go to the local community college so I can continue to make her wear gloves and boots in the wintertime.

Bagz, you should really mention to the people in charge that we here in Maine would not mind taking some of your snow off your hands. They shouldn't be hogging it all anyway, what's with them? :snf:

I'm sorry Peachers, you picked the wrong week. You'll have to change it.

Today's excellent Bushism: "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" --January 11, 2000 in Florence, SC

Kiwi
Old 01-25-2005, 06:57 PM   #24  

Kiwonk, send her to school in Florida. No boots or gloves required. Peaches would be happy to keep an eye on her.

I do not like the skinny person's b*tt in jeans to the right of my screen.

Don't have a thing to say. Just checking in.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:01 PM   #25  

I have nothing to say, either. It is warm here and I think NOW is when I'm getting a cold. I agree that the skinny b*tt to the right is annoying and needs a swift kick. I like seeing all the photos of people shoveling snow and playing in a 'winter wonderland'... but I'm really glad I don't have to navigate in it, or plug in my car.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:51 PM   #26  

This is the story of my latest family of origin hi-jinks --- My Dad bought the 10 acres next to us 10 years ago. My alcoholic brother lives there, along w/ his common law wife. They are totally hillbillies, which I don't have a thing against, if thats how they want to live. I'm talking rusting cars, goats, geese, feral cats, junkyard dogs sitting in an old recliner on the front porch. We also have a neighbor, Yuppie Fred. He's a very nice guy, a great neighbor. His home is always immaculate. For some reason, when my brother is on a drunken binge, Fred's neatness really irritates my brother. Yesterday evening my brother was driving his tractor back and forth in front of Fred's house screaming at the top of his lungs about how Fred just thought he was soooo perfect. He proceeded to unload fence posts, telling Fred that he was going to fence off his driveway (Fred's driveway branches off my brother's driveway). He also was calling him names, telling him he was going to kick his *ss, etc, etc. Fred's wife and his mother were hiding in their house, understandably terrorized. DH heard the commotion (as did everyone for a mile around) and called Fred's house. Being a nice person, Fred said he didn't want to call the police because he actually likes my brother when he's sober. DH suggested Fred call my dad, since he's the owner of the property. Of course, I knew how that would turn out. My dad is the king of the ostriches. He would rather keep his head in the sand than deal w/ my brother. My dad went off on poor Fred. Our advice to Fred now is to let the law handle it. If it would do any good I'd talk to my brother, but believe me, that would be like adding kerosene to that flame. Any advice? My family makes me crazy. And sad.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:08 PM   #27  
loves kleenex box art

Wabby, I have no advice, just the observation that you have a great DH and I feel so sorry for the Fred family. I hate to the law involved in things and I am SO AFRAID of drunks. Maybe Bagz could tell us how her neighbors handle her after all those margies every night! OK. Not funny. I think you should continue to let the Freds know you support them and let your Bubba know you support him to but that terrorizing people is not acceptable.

I have a bird feeder on my window at work. My office is in the back by the trees and I have cardinals, blue jays, chickadees and wood peckers. SO CUTE!! Can't have them at home because of murdering cat.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:41 PM   #28  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
I do not like the skinny person's b*tt in jeans to the right of my screen.
Yeah, let's kick her butt. (Anyone else watch King of the Hill--"I'm gonna kick your butt") They should put a little animation on that ad so we can kick her--that would make people click on it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
I have a bird feeder on my window at work. My office is in the back by the trees and I have cardinals, blue jays, chickadees and wood peckers.
How wonderful!! How do you ever get any work done?

We keep getting just a dusting of snow here. Just enough to have to clean off the car before you go anywhere. If it would warm up about 20 degrees we could have a proper snowstorm maybe.

Last night was the high school variety show. The junior class--dd and her friends--dominated the show. And it was really good (coincidence? I think not). She was in 5 acts, only one of which was a solo performance for her ("Benighted"). Here's her part of the program, with her friends that she performed with (names have been changed to protect the guilty)
  1. I Could Not Ask For More -- Girl 1 and Girl 2 on lead vocals, DD on electric guitar and backup vocals, Boy 1 on piano
  2. Benighted (by Opeth) -- DD on acoustic guitar and vocal
  3. Fur Elise -- Boy 1 on piano, DD accompanying on classical guitar
  4. Remember When It Rained by Eric Mouquet, vocal duet by DD and Boy 2, Boy 1 on piano
  5. If I Ain't Got You by Alicia Keys, Girl 1 dancing (en pointe, no less), DD on vocals, Boy 1 on piano
I think they should market this energy and creative drive: I'd buy it.

Kiwi
Old 01-26-2005, 11:34 PM   #29  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

oh my god i wish i were at that kiwi------------i ADORE that type of entertainment---you must be sooooooooooo proud----love every minute of it,cause i MISS all of this so much!!! whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa---------------------i hate time. WABBY!!!!--- i agree----keep making nice with the Fred's and when your bro sobers up,he will have some smooth talking to do----do you think he will apologize to fred??? poor YOU!! xoxoxoxo poor wabby.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:07 AM   #30  

My family makes me crazy. And sad.

Wabby-- Isn't that the truth. So sad that you aren't in charge of the world to the extent that you can "fix" anybody. For all the rhetoric about closer relationships and "family values," sometimes what we must do is detach enough that we can cope with our sadness and stop going crazy. Then, maybe we can figure out something we could do that might have a positive reaction. It is my observation that some people only learn by consequences and "hitting bottom." Your police probably have better resources (and more experience) curtailing unpredictable drunks and drinkers. I don't know what your brother got from driving the tractor around and yelling, but until he figures out that it "isn't working" (to quote the venerable Dr. Phil), I see no point in you (or Fred) trying to deal with an inebriated person (especially while on a tractor). If Fred's been around the block a few times, he should be able to remember that you and DH aren't "in charge" of your brother.
My condolences.
Closed Thread