Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 06:48 PM   #31  
stormy1

Hi everyone. I just got back from work after a long day. I did get a workout in for an hour this AM before I left for work. I have so much school work to do so I can't stay on long.

CG, I hope you have a great day Tuesday. I know that it will be your long day, but you will make it. Hang in there!

Red, I hope that you were able to ride.

NBK,you will make your Valentine's goal!

GH, get some rest. I hope that you will feel better soon.

Ok back to school work! I'll check in later
Old 01-17-2005, 07:35 PM   #32  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Default Howdy!

Hey everyone! How is everyone this wonderfully cold night??

I am taking a break from studying for a moment but I can't stay long. I still have some to read before class tomorrow.

Jacque- I know what you mean about comfy shoes. I had a hard time letting go of my old ones even though they were seriously shot! I am really hard on shoes.

red balloon- I didn't catch whether you got a ride in or not- hope you did!
Get away from the candy young lady! Put it on a shelf way up high that requires you get a chair out when you want some to be able to reach it.
Next week you will see a bigger loss I am betting- have faith!

little grasshopper- Still not over the shock of school- think I am now just resigned to the fact that I have no choice and it will soon be over.
Your dream about school was pretty crazy- what in the heck did you eat before you went to bed? watch something crazy on TV? Think good thoughts before bed tonight!
Don't feel guilt over one little treat- especially with TOM. How is your head now? Did you get rid of the headache? Dogs have no idea of their strength. They mean well but Charlie occasionally manages to hurt me on accident.

NBK- Great job with eating!!

stormy- great job with the workout! I say "Amen sister" to you on the school work. Are you adjusted now? less stress?
You are so sweet remembering that Tuesdays are my long days.

Okay well I should go- I think we were suppose to talk about what motivates us today- oh well! sorry folks- I will adjust soon to school and start back on the themes and questions on a regular basis..

For today:
Question- If you could give a gift of anything in the world to someone special in your life- who would you give it to? and what would the gift be? (Money and access are not an obstacle. )

See yall later- as they say in the south!
Old 01-17-2005, 07:36 PM   #33  
Building a Better Me

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/250

Height: 5'3"

I'm starving and groceries are limited until hubby gets paid on Thursday... so I may stray a bit But trying to stay around 1800 Calories or so!!

Well off to dinner... getting free Boston Market tonight Then I'm going to workout and pass out Have a great night and day everyone!
Old 01-17-2005, 10:55 PM   #34  
Building a Better Me

Question- If you could give a gift of anything in the world to someone special in your life- who would you give it to? and what would the gift be? (Money and access are not an obstacle. )
I would give my mom and dad a house They've lived in the same small house they lived in when they got married, and they've wanted bigger (3 kids with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom is a tough thing!) but spent all their money giving their kids things, and not spending anything on them... so I'd give them a beautiful house with a jacuzzi tub and everything they could ever dream of!
Old 01-17-2005, 11:14 PM   #35  

Hmm yeah I would give my mum and my dad both a house. Mum's house would be on the hill overlooking the beach and dad's house would be a single level house somewhere coolish so his MS isn't a problem.

well off to the gym to do some cardio. Think I will leave the weights until tomorrow.. the whole weakness thing on friday scared the daylights out of me! YAY YAY YAY my boy comes back tomorrow morning he he he it's going to be awesome to see him :-)

Catch you losers later (LOL)
Tiffany
Old 01-18-2005, 12:06 AM   #36  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile pitstop here. . .

Ok, people, back home now but want to get out to the gym now so I can be back in time to get two cats to the vet and still have time to do some more work. It's cold but not windy so I'm going to take the bike to the gym. Quick look through the posts though so I don't get TOO behind. You guys are really typing away!

NBK -- your question was kind of depressing for me, asking what kind of movements I'm doing because we're nowhere near that and I think just to get to that point may be a long way off. You see, as I said before, my horse is just totally uncooperative and I'm not a strong enough rider . . . yet. . . to get her going enough so that we can even work on movements. I don't know. I still think I'm learning because learning how to get a horse going is a part of riding, or can be. Sometimes the younger staff get to ride my horse and they don't like to because they say she's too difficult but when the teacher rides her both of them can get her looking pretty good. So I know it can be done but I wonder if I'm not shooting myself in the foot sticking to this horse. I feel she is teaching me a lot but it's certainly not stuff that you can see, at least not without a long time. People say I've gotten so much better but I don't know. . .I wonder if I'd have learned so much more on a more cooperative forward horse. I only stick with her because I feel she is teaching me and because I would be so worried what would happen to her if I sold her. Riding stables in Japan suck.

Anyhow, if there's one thing I certainly get it's a good workout. I'm doing all the work, you see. About riding abroad, that's just a dream now because I don't have the dough, but I got the brochure yesterday from this place that does tours all over the world and I'm just going to page through that and dream a while. Although I'd like to do some scenic tours, say, in Ireland, I also would love to go to Portugal or so and ride Lusitanos or Andalusians, which I hear are cool. Oh, god the Spanish Riding School, that was always a dream. Do they take women now? I speak German so it sure would be nice. Actually, though I think I'm into the French style dressage, or would like to be, light and all. The German style does seem so heavy, not the Vienna school though. Ok, better stop with the horse stuff. I see eyes glazing over.

I hear you on the V Day jitters. We both have about the same to go. Whether you make it or not, you can do it very very close so keep at it. You never know. Besides, you could starve yourself the day before, eat no salt or sugar for the week before and take a diuretic if you really want to make that number!! I'm going for mine! stormy, did you hear that!

grass -- if your chocolate bar was that good then don't feel guilty. No sense feeling guilty over something you will pay for anyhow!! Tee hee hee.

stormy -- good luck with the studying. Great that you got a workout in despite all that. I DID get to ride thank you. Almost didn't because the ground was still hard. Had to wait but got a lesson in, a bit short and no warmup ride by the teacher, which makes things harder for me but still, the sun was shining, beautiful blue skies, cold but no wind. It was great to be outside sweating.

crime girl -- thanks! I did put the candy up high but can get it without a chair. Nothing that high in my room really. Still, the extra effort helps me not to go after it. Besides, all my favorites (Good & Plenty) are gone. . . I did get to ride, thanks. So good to be able to. And thanks so much for having faith in me. That makes me want to try harder and so far I am doing better than last week, I think. If I can keep the beer nights down to none or maybe just one, I think I will see a loss.

Your question: a gift to someone? I would give an ex-boyfriend whom I still love dearly (I left him.) immediate payoff of all his debts, his own extremely profitable company that really uses his talents, and is full of good workers who really like him and he likes and along with that make him instantly fluent in not only English but German as well.

Good luck, Crime girl, with your studies. I know it must be really hard. My brother was just telling me he was taking some classes and after all these years away from school he said it was really tough. This will pay off for you and you'll be so glad you did it. I can't go back and read posts now but how is your eating going? Are you getting any exercise in at all? Tell me, do you live at home? or are you away at a dorm or something? I get confused with everyone's stories.

Jacque -- rein yourself in there! Come on, make that weight tracker flower move along to the right! Don't set yourself up to stray. Are you talking about munching out on some cheap junk food. If so, remember, the junk food is not worth it. You'll still be hungry soon after. Your body wants nutrition. Try to get some cheap vegetables or fruit or something or make some wild rice with onions, lentil soup, something cheap but filling and nutritious. It'll certainly take the edge of your hunger and it'll keep your body happier for longer than junk AND it'll keep YOU happier even longer! Come on, I am counting on you to set a good example around here for the less disciplined among us such as ME!!

What is "free Boston Market," by the way?

Ok, off to the gym for me. I only looked at the posts made since I said Hi this morning. I will look further back later. Sorry guys. Ciao for now!!

Last edited by redballoon; 01-18-2005 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:36 AM   #37  
Never give up

Talking did it!!

Heh people. I'm back from the gym and taking three cats to the vet one at a time. I cycled to the gym and back, did some leg weight training and jogged, but only 2 K. Still, this was after riding this morning and the hour and a half of walking that that involves just getting there. So, despite the licorice and one ice cream sandwich I had today I'd still say I'm ahead of the game!

Ok, looking a bit further back on the posts. Hate missing anything. .

NBK -- you were talking about overtraining, sloth to superathlete overnight. I am the same way. It's all or nothing and when those nothings drag into weeks on end, the overnight auperathlete sets herself up for exhaustion!

Had to laugh about the decreasing "overhang" on your jeans. Sure know how that is. I was wishing for the blouses of summer almost when I was riding hoping I could hide my overhang from my teacher. Sweaters (since we're not allowed to wear bulky clothes) are much more revealing. But mine is definitely getting smaller as well! my overhang that is, not my sweater!

So, you're a classic golden girl. beautiful! hobbit? gollum? but, really, how do you have low esteem looking like that? I know, I know, it's not really relevant. Still, here you are getting adults saying they'd kill for your looks! And forget about boyfriend's exs. Just be YOUR best and you'll blow 'em away anyhow! Women guys say "damn, she's hot" have it rough too I think. Even if they have a personality or brains no one cares and no one wants to know either. i think if you DO have brains or a great personality, no one will say you're hot even if you are. Most of the "hot" stuff is because guys feel they can do anything at all with those type of women, anything at all except take them seriously! Anyhow, are you convinced yet. I'm trying to be.

I have really low blood pressure. It's barely over 90 on top. And my pulse is low, though not that low now. It was in the summer, around 55. I'm too scared to check my bodyfat now. It had been 28 percent for a long time but no longer I'm afraid. OK, maybe that's the next thing. Measure that. I don't know, NBK, would you want to have your pulse at 44? Isn't that super low. Wouldn't it mean that you'd have to eat less and less. I suppose it would mean you're training alot to get it that low so I guess you could eat.

Jacque -- great deal with the husband about the gym. When does it start, your membership, that is. Are you really going to work out together? Keep us posted! Great mini goal for Feb. Look at how close it is now. You'll get there for sure. Keep up the good work!

kjk -- are you feeling better! Sure hope so. Pop in and say hi, OK? We miss you.

grasshopper -- Are you below 125 now? If not, how close? I like the total pounds lost thing as a group. Actually, isn't everybody weighing at some point? I know I said I wasn't going to but I am now. If we could it may be fun. We could have a tally for the regulars and a total for anyone who posts, even just occasionally. Any ideas? You know, grass, you talking about how you can carry a ton of weight and not realize how unhealthy you are. I think I may be the same way. I mean, I don't feel that fat but I am. I can see it on me but for some reason I just don't feel it. I mean, I exercise and move around. Maybe a lot of that is that I just don't know what it feels like to be thin. . . duh! I was just thinking today. I was telling people I weighed 73 kgs and I was thinking 73 kgs for a woman is a lot! Then again, I have a lot of muscle, big bones, yeah, maybe but. . .there's still a lot of fat on this body. I'd never been seen dead on the beach in a bikini or something! I guess I just get so used to being this way that I can't think of anything else and so have come to so accept this as the usual. I wish I could see myself at my goal weight or any lower weight as like a sneak preview, then revert back to my current weight. It would be such a shock I may fall into a deep depression. On the other hand, it may serve as a great motivation. What do you all think? If you could, would you like a brief glance into what you would look and feel like at a lower weight?

stormy -- hi. thanks for your kind words. Yes, I feel much, much better now. Oh, stormy, I don't know Home Makeover but I'm so sorry to hear about your friend dying. That must be so hard on you to get close to people through your work and then have them die. Was his death related to his being a quadriplegic? or was it something else. I'm really sorry.

Last edited by redballoon; 01-18-2005 at 06:10 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:15 AM   #38  
Never give up

Here's the link to the 2nd chapter of "Thin for Life" and the discussion.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51958

I think there's some really good reading here. Remember, this is not just for people who have reached goal.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:48 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning guys. Another hectic day and then things will calm down. I'm still feeling crappy but better today. I am planning to hit the gym tonight and do cardio, upper body weights and then pilates class. That's the plan. I don't like it that I've missed days here - because it's too easy for me to fall out of going. Way too easy.

Red - I think I would like to see myself. It would be motivation for me. To see it would almost be like "see, you did it...." And it would give me a more concrete goal. I am between 135 and 140 now - depending on the day. Today I was 138. I seem to be stuck in those numbers...I've been here for about a month now it seems. I'm okay though - just being able to fit into those jeans is enough FOR NOW.

okay guys..sorry I'm being so short and MIA. I'll have more time after today. Talk to you all soon. lg
Old 01-18-2005, 08:02 AM   #40  
Trying or Dying

S/C/G: 327/258/180

Hey,
I have only got a sec but I wanted to jump on before I go to school for the day- it is hard to post from there.

Red- Good for you with getting that candy away from you! Also- you are doing so great with the exercise- I am really proud of you!
As for me- I strayed from my eating and just haven't said anything. I am getting some exercise but I need to get with the program! I think I finally have my head right now so maybe it will get easier. My bf is now trying to lose too so that should help.
To answer your question- I live in a townhouse off of campus with my bf. It is nice to be off campus! I have a great neighborhood to walk in but I am an idiot and don't walk everyday. I also have a gym membership at the YMCA and rarely go there. On top of that I have a balance ball, weights, and resistance bands. Why can't I do one of these things??? It is a mystery! Not really- just use to being lazy I guess. How about giving me a cyber kick in the butt!
Byh the way- read your post about your horse- all your hard work with a difficult horse will pay off. I think they are like humans in that respect- if you give them love and support and stick with them they become loyal and even better to you then the horses that are easy to work with. It is good to have a willfull horse- she has more spirit and drive. I bet she ends up being the best thing for you and I bet you will be the best thing for her.

stormy- did I miss a post?? Did you have a patient die? are u ok? I am so sorry if that is the true.

Okay- I need to go- sorry I didn't respond to everyone-
Thanks to all of you for keeping me sane and offering much needed support-
Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-18-2005, 10:45 AM   #41  
stormy1

CG, good luck at school today. I had a patient die a couple of years back, I brought it up b/c Extreme Homemaker had a guy who was quadriplegic on it Sunday night and it reminded me of him.

GH, I am glad you are feeling a little better. I hope that you get your workout in. You asked how I calculate my fat percentage. Well this isn't as accurate as underwater weighing but I use my scale which calculates it through bioelectrical impedence. The problem is you have to be really hydrated when you weigh or it will read higher. I have a problem staying too hydrated b/c since I am on the road all day it is hard finding a clean restroom, so I try too not drink too much water on the road. This is hard for me b/c I am used to drinking tons and tons of water. Anyway, the scale gives me a clue as to how much fat I am losing.

Red, I am so glad you were able to ride. This patient who died, passed away when he went out to feed his horses. He was out in the pasture and his wheelchair b/c stuck in the mud. It was a very hot day and he could not get out of the mud. He suffered from a heat stroke and was found dead. This is the tough part of my job. I tend to get close to many of my patients and it is hard to not get close to them emotionally b/c I work with them through some of the toughest moments of their lives. Plus, I spend so much time with them. On Home Makeover, a team of decorators, contractors, etc. go in and redo or rebuild people's homes. Often it is a family who have been through very tough times. In Sunday's episode they went into the house of a guy with quadriplegia. They tore done the existing house, built two houses (one for his family who helps to take care of him), and made everything handicapped accessible. It was great. Anyway, I am proud of you for making it to the gym again. You are on a roll. We are going to have to start a countdown to the 14th. Are your cats okay, or did they just have checkups?

Jacque, I know what you mean about being on a budget. Plus, eating healthy really drives up the grocery bill. Hopefully, you are able to make good choices at Boston Market. Be sure to stock up on good stuff when you finally get to the store.

NBK, what does your bf do for a living? Helicopters...does he work offshore? How often is he gone? How are you doing? Sounds like you are doing a pretty good job working out. I think that it is easy to over do working out. Have you been working out for several years or did you just get into it?

Last edited by stormy1; 01-18-2005 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:06 PM   #42  
Building a Better Me

Ok girls, I'm joining a gym today I decided that I NEED NEED NEED something more than just myself... so I'm going to log off the computer after I click "Send" and go join a local gym! Although...my husband thinks it's a waste of money Poo on him! But I'm debating if I want to go for the 3 month membership of $40/month or the 12 month at $30/month... I'm probably going to be stuck with the 3 month since we're hoping to move within six...

As for eating, I've stayed fairly healthy!! I've had the occasional munch, but even that was either low fat cheese and whole wheat crackers... or cookies baked with sugar substitute So I'm proud of myself there!

Well girls off to join the gym Sorry I haven't responded directly to everyone... I'm so crazy busy that it's tough lately!
Old 01-18-2005, 05:15 PM   #43  
Never give up

Thumbs up wednesday morning here. . .

Good morning, everyone. I slept in later than I had planned. All the working out must have played havoc. I went to bed early last night and was walking up at odd hours. I didn't do any work yesterday on these manuscripts I have and I didn't prepare my interview for today. So I have that to do in the next few hours. I don't mind the interviews themselves so much it's the preparation and getting a bit dressed up and such that tires me out. Also, I can't just lug my stuff around for the gym and so for afterward. . . whine, winge, I'm feeling so torn and hating it. People, help me with some advice, will you?

That job at the publishing house looks set. I'm bascially getting what I'd want but still dreading the thought of it. I am such a person who wants the banter, the camraderie of a workplace and I know this place won't have that. I picture it as the boring Japanese office, with people quiet and bent over their work. Not only because it's Japanese but because that's the way publishing houses tend to be. I worked in one before. And I'm already missing that part of the newspaper, which, on top of me loving the newspaper as it COULD be, I did love interacting with the diverse bunch of people we have on our desk at the paper. That is, in fact, what has kept me there, that and knowing I could goof of. When no one cares about you and your work, you don't care back. It makes for a very responsibility-free environment. Now, I'm thinking that it is like the trap of any group in which you feel comfortable but one that takes you no where. I do think the present environment of the paper, apart from the other foreigners, is hurting me, souring me, making me ever more cynical and sarcastic, which I don't like to be. The publishing environment is not anywhere near ideal and never will be. I need to be talking and interacting with the world, with life. Though I love books, making them seems to be in direct proportion inversely to what they do, bring the world to the reader. Making them isolates you. I suppose I should think of the finished product more than the process. In newspapers it's never the article itself that gives me a boost. It's getting the article. In publishing, unless I'm writing my own book (which is a thought but would be extra to my work in the office) I am the editor, not the creator and I have never been a happy editor. Do you think I can look at the potential for development in the areas I want to develop in, being there in the midst of book world and can justify the pain of the world itself? I don't know. I'm scared and feeling a LOT of anxiety. At the paper, however, I feel, because of the present management, abused, ignored and belittled and I think that does nothing for my talents. perhaps I can keep my hand in to the paper, by writing from the outside, one or two shifts a week inside. . . sorry to bother you with this but I need someone to talk to about it and don't have anyone. I want to keep this totally hush at the office. I've only told one guy but he's not so available to talk. Besides, he's not as objective as I think you would be.

Over to you. . at last!!

Not much action here, has there been. I was expecting a lot more. It's hard being so out of the time loop with you all. It seems like when I have time there is little here. When I have no time the posts pour in!

grasshopper -- Did you get your workout in? I hope so. Why were you feeling crappy? Physically, or emotionally, both? Do you know why you were feeling that way? Is it from the chocolate perhaps? 138 pounds. And you're pretty tall, aren't you. I had to figure it in kilos, just under 63. I would love to be there and I'm only just over 5 feet. You must look great. No wonder you are having trouble losing more. These last few are always the hardest. I see people in bodybuilding contests trying to get those last pounds off to get ripped and they do SO much work it's unbelievable. And they are barely eating. All the guys are lightheaded before the contests and still working out hard to keep the muscle. I'm not saying you have to knock yourself out. It sounds like you already work out hard but maybe you can find a bit of solace in reminding yourself that losing weight is not easy at all, especially in the stages you're in. The body wants to maintain the fat, it is doing its utmost to maintain it in order to help you survive in the case of famine or long marches across the desert or being holed up in a cave for weeks during a siege by hostile tribes. I think those people who can stay at an extremely low bodyfat level would all have been dead years ago. Today they can always find food. Our bodies are more suspicious of the fickle ways of the world. I mean, seriously, I hear the stories of people having survived 10 days after the recent tsunami. There was that boy who survived up in a tree with nothing to eat. And you have to wonder how he could do that. He was already thin. But he was probably one of the people with a "survivor's" body. He would be one of the people in the WW meetings, bemoaning how he couldn't lose weight. Well, here it meant his life. Something to remember, don't you think, when you're feeling frustrated. At least we have the choice.

Crime girl -- glad you could pop in and thanks for explaining things. Well, don't know if I want to exactly kick you but that was part of my reason for asking. I noticed you weren't writing so much about yourself and that usually signals . . .!!. . you know what!!

Thanks too for your encouragement about my riding. I think the other people at the club who ride the horse (I really have no say in it) are doing it totally wrong for her. I think she merely learns to rebel more and more when people just kick and whip her as they do. But then, I have to learn to and my timing is off when I kick or whip her (these aren't as bad as they sound) but I have to learn and at least I think I am getting better. I do think she is smart enough to differentiate between the riders and be more cooperative with a better rider. I think she has already learned so many tricks, though because she was used for beginners all along. Also, she is just totally uncooperative. I mean, can't she be more forgiving of our sins? Of course, she doesn't know what I am doing for her, and the hardships I endure to pay her bills, but sometimes, a lot of times! I just want to give up. I don't think she is loyal to me because I can only get there three times a week and I am not the only influence in her life. However. I do bring her apples and carrots and sugar, which the others don't, so I know she likes me for that. I'm hoping she can feel the affection I have for her, which I know the others don't have either. She always gives me nickers and whinnies when she seems me coming and I can see her eye pressed up against the stall door as she tries to look down the barn row to see me coming. OK, it's probably just because I mean snacks, but maybe it's more. I mean, what is affection, really? Someone makes you feel good, whatever form that takes. Anyhow, I just ask the gods of the animals to help me out.

stormy -- Oh, stormy, that story of your ex-patient is horrible. Why did he have to go that way? Why didn't someone hear him, why couldn't he have crawled away (maybe not able even to do that, right?) why didn't he have a phone, a beeper, something? Questions like this must have plagued you when it happened, no? I am so sorry. How can you NOT get emotionally involved with your patients. I would think it's this very ability that would make you a good therapist. You must become very strong.

My cats are not well, none of them are and they are all chronic. Two of the gum and throat inflammation that is apparently incurable and I can only take them in for steroid shots. Two others, who suffered terribly at some point in their lives, one from starvation, the other from being hit by a car, are weakened and have chronic colds, running noses and sneezing. Also, I don't have the money to be giving them constant care. Still I think it's better than their alternative. The state for animals in this country is appalling. I think it's killing me though, caring for all these animals. And I see that the ones I took for shots are not even better this morning, which has never happened before. Usually the shots work right away. If they're not working right away I don't think they're going to work. It's so depressing.

Jacque -- I am so glad to hear that you are joining a gym! And don't just join, USE it!! Making gyms a part of my life was the best thing that ever happened to me. It was the reason I finally got my weight down when I first came to Japan. I can't believe your husband says they are a waste of time. All I can think is that he is the type that can exercise outside or at home. I don't like doing that and know I won't do as much as I would at the gym. The gym has been a sanctuary for ME and me alone. It is also a socializing place that doesn't mean food and drink is a part of that socializing, which it almost always is. I never think about the money for the gym and that's not because I have ample stores of it. It is a necessary investment, a necessary expense, like electricity or gas. That's the way I think of it. I'm glad you're sticking to your guns about this. How awful that your husband is not doing everything he can to help you in your weight loss endeavor. Since I'm single this is something I don't have although I have had boyfriends who were not totally supportive. They are no longer my boyfriends, not because of that I would say, but it was probably a large part of it and indicative of other things in the relationship I didn't like. I think that for me the encouragement and cheering-on aspect of a relationship, the making me laugh and feel alive, is the only reason I have them. I am so independent otherwise that these are my only real needs, not looking for completion through someone else, but looking for something more, something added. So if that aspect, the fun, the lifting-up when down, the sharing when I'm up, isn't there, I see no reason to continue the relationship. It becomes a burden. Everyone is different I guess and though I find it hard to fathom at times I understand it is apparently so. So, good luck to you. Maybe your husband is afraid of you becoming stronger and more attractive. He may feel threatened, like he is losing a bit of "control" over you, When people start doing things to please themselves it is a very scary prospect for many. I don't know. I just say to those type, "deal with it, I'm not here to carry you. You've got to carry yourself." Toughie, aren't I?
Old 01-18-2005, 05:20 PM   #44  

Hi Ladies,
Well I didn't make it to the gym last night as when I got home, my flat was in an absolutely revolting mess, so I spent all evening ironing, cleaning, doing dishes and vacuuming. Not to mention all the normal stuff I do at night.. so I suppose that has to be equivalent to at least 10-15 min of cardio! and weights with all the furniture moving I did. My flatties seem to think if you put stuff under or behind the lounge suite it just disappears! he he.. oh well. the joys of communal living. but YAY YAY my boy is back home and I get to see him at lunchtime. Only 1hour to go he he...

Red - Sorry I didn't mean to depress you, I was just wondering how your training was coming along, if you were still working on bend and getting the horse up into the bridle, or if you had started lateral work like leg yields, half pass, shoulder in.. I spent 6 months trying to teach my horse to canter slowly once so I understand. The worst part was my instructor would say things like " oh i rode H bareback in a halter yesterday back from down the road, and you know I realised how uncomfortable his canter must be for you without it being controlled" in otherwords "you're ****!" he he. As for the overhang on johdpurs, well i now wear rugby jersey's. They're not bulky but they are warm, esp with a pair of thermals underneath and they still hide the overhang as you can't tuck it in. I remember in winter I used to always be accused of not sitting up straight as I would have my back protector on as a wind stop under my jersey and that thing made me look like a slouching turtle! he he

As for the overtraining thing I just get really macho about my weights and refuse to drop them even when it hurts so bad the next day I can't reach for my mouse at my computer! he he. My pulse rate of 44 would be in conjunction with lots of exercise, but that's about what it was before I went on my 5 year exercise hiatus. And I ate heaps then and didn't put on any weight! But 44-48 i think would be my ideal range. I just need to be really fit and healthy to make up for my mutant blood!

Jacque - Great work to join the gym. I love it and find it heaps better than exercising at home by myself.. also that is kind of where I met my boy too so it had added benefits for me. Good luck.

LGH - I hope you get some time to relax!

Stormy - My BF is a operator technician on one of our company's oil and gas platforms. So he works offshore on an oil rig.. He does mechanic stuff as well out there. He's away for 2 weeks then back for 2 weeks and it's been like that since we have been together. It's ok as I get my time to myself, but I do miss him heaps! he he the poor company's phone bill must get a hammering when he rings me on my cellphone in the weekends if I'm out! he he. He's back for 6 weeks this time tho so that's going to be awesome (although it will be the first time he's around for TOM and I am seriously considering taking my pill so I don't get it while he's here. He doesn't need to see that side of me yet! he he)

I have been going to the gym for about a year now. i started doing weights in may last year and have been really enjoying it. I am now doing the same if not heavier weights than my instructors in pump class so yay! But yeah.. I had 5 years of Not Doing any exercise at all.. that's how I got so fat. So I figure it should take me about 2-2.5 years to get the body I want and fix all the damage I did. (weight loss + metabolism+body fat+pulse rate)

CG-YOU have all that stuff and still don't do anything! lol you sound like me. I like buying stuff but using it is always the harder part. he he here's a *KICK* in the butt for you. Get out your equipment and make it work for you!!

Well off to bugg some people in my office about my boy being back.. yaya ya ya
Tiff
Old 01-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #45  
Never give up

Smile morning, NBK!

HI there NBK, someone from my neck of the woods. When is your hunk of a boyfriend getting in, by the way? I forgot if you said. Oh, now I see, in an hour!! Wow, well, you guys have fun. Oh, I need a new boyfriend in my life. When is he coming along. Someone I can have FUN with! I need it so much. I am sick of all the serious guys I meet. I am serious but I love to have fun. I play as hard as I work, and that's pretty intense!

NBK, after I wrote that post I was a little worried you might read it as my wishing you hadn't asked. On the contrary! I welcome your questions but sometimes questions bring up things we don't know how to answer without getting depressed about. I don't consider getting depressed a bad thing. Often it's the only way to bring about change, in things we do or the way we look at things. When you asked about movement, I just immediately thought of half passes and flying changes and it was like, dream on! but now I see that that is my stupidity. As you say in your reply, things like working on bend and getting the horse up to the bridle are very, very legitimate things, the basics that if you don't have you can't do any of the "tricks." And that's what we're doing. My horse is very stiff to one side and, not being forward, very hard to get on the bit. A lot of horses give their riders so much that the riders never learn at all how to do the basics. My girl is forcing me to learn the basics. It's just hard on my teacher and my teacher is very short on praise, VERY short and encouragement is nonexistent. I don't think she's a good teacher except for the fact that her eye is very good and that is so important in riding. She maybe can't tell me HOW to do something, even a lot less than most teachers, but she can tell me what is wrong and that is really valuable. I know that many rich Japanese buy horses from Europe and ruin them. Within a year the horse needs to have some trainer come over to "fix" it. Well, that's how the rider thinks. It's because they're such **** riders but don't have the humility to try to learn the basics. They want the horse to "perform" and don't realize that it takes two to do a good tango, right?! Please keep telling me more of your struggles in riding. Why are teachers so hard on students? Maybe it makes them feel better? Your teacher's comment is so passive-aggressive, isn't it? Rugby shirts, yes, they're great. The fabric is heavy enough to cover things up! Unfortunately, when riding we have to have everything tucked in so that isn't an option.

Well, NBK, it sounds like you're really ready to whip your bod into shape. having a doll for a boyfriend must be great incentive too. Hope you two have a great time together!! Don't forget about us though!

Last edited by redballoon; 01-18-2005 at 05:42 PM.
Closed Thread