"The Valentinies" - Page 5 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 01-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #61  

Good day everyone - Well I'm down 2 lbs this week which makes me feel great, so in actual fact I'm done 7lbs since Dec 26 but I'm only really counting from when I joined in here. I have been a little frustrated about not getting to the gym as much as I would like. My husband and I went last night at 830 and the place was so crowded we couldn't get on the equipement. I forgot how bad it is at this time of year with all the new members but that usaully only lasts for the month of Jan and then they stop coming, I think someone gives them a 1 month pass for Christmas and then they don't join up and stop coming. So my plan was to go today during the day since it is my day off, yeah well not going to happen the car wouldn't start this morning so it is now in the shop. I guess I just wasn't meant to go but I guess that is ok because my son just came home from school sick he was only there about 15 min, the stomache flu is making it's rounds up here again, it is that time of year. At least we made it through the holidays without getting it.
So I will try the gym again tonight and see if we can go but I will call ahead first before driving down there because it is in the next town.
Hope everyone has a great week and I will check in often.
dollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:38 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 170/153/135

Good Morning, everyone.

Kandice~yes, there is a curves close to me. Have you been pretty happy with them? What is your plan/montly dues, if you don't mind me asking. I have heard a lot of good things about curves, but never checked it out. I liked what you said the other day about the 30 minutes of excercise only being a small percentage of your day, I owe myself at least that much! How is your hubby feeling?

Dena~I know what you mean about the credit card scams, my sister had her check card number stolen twice. I have a problem trusting people with my life when it comes to my finances! I can't believe they charged 4K on Kandice's card-scary!!!

Hope that everyone is having a great day. I stayed OP last nite and am doing great so far today. Talk to you all later
Cole63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:39 AM   #63  

Default Hi Everyone!! 2 pounds lost!!

Hi Everybody!!

I joined this group yesterday and am happy to report that I have lost 2 more pounds!! Sure, it could be just water, but I am hoping that the scale says the same thing tomorrow or less. Woo hoo!!

My food is going ok, not perfect, but I am avoiding sugar and foods that cause me to binge.

My bf text-messaged me yesterday and was very sweet and kind. He is a very supportive guy---has never said anything negative about my weight.

I am hoping to get into a size 16 or smaller dress for a formal next month. Wish me luck!

I really appreciate all of your support and encouragement!!!
snoopychick26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:23 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Good Morning, Everyone!

First of all, I want to welcome Snoopychick! And congrats to you for losing 2 pounds. Good for you for cutting out sugar. You will fit into that size 16 dress by Valentine's Day if you continue to eat right, exercise for 30 minutes a day (walking is good) and drink 8 glasses of water. It's so great that you have a caring and supportive boyfriend. Good luck to you, and we hope you will post often and weigh in with us on Monday. We're rooting for you!

Cole, good luck with finding a good gym! Congrats for staying OP last night! Keep up the good work today!

dollar, congrats to you for losing 2 lbs! Sounds like it hasn't been easy, especially with that crowded gym. They are super crowded here, too. Plus some of them have weird hours. I decided to research a new place, called "Workout Express" on my lunch break, and it was closed! (They must be making lots of money to be open a few hours in the morning and a few at night.) So sorry about your car and son being sick. Take care of yourself.

Kandice, wow, what a hassle! Your credit card stolen? 4K charged on it, too? I'm so glad you got it all straightened out. And keep up the great work, my friend.

Time for me to exercise~~
Hugs,
Dena

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-11-2005 at 01:26 PM.
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:54 PM   #65  

Cole- go check it out (Curves) they usually show you the machines and you do a couple to show you how anyone can do them. When I signed up I was one of the first 100 people at my location so they knocked off $100 off the sign up fee (usual $149) and then it's $29 a month but you can go as much as you'd like- 6x a week if you want. so like $1 per workout. My curves has promotions all the time. We had one not too long ago- Nov? for breast cancer- if you showed proof of your physical or mammogram in the past year- no sign up charge, then in Dec they wanted to get to 500 members- we had 460ish and they were offerring no sign up fee. in September they had a special for teachers...

I've been very happy with them and obviously seen results- 20 lbs and 44 inches from June 30, 2004- December 22, 2004.

Chris isn't feeling good still- but he went to work today- poor guy. I bet I'll have to cook tonight too! I hate cooking! we have a deal- whoever gets home first cooks- so it's usually him- he gets off work at 2pm... I felt sick this AM all stuffy and everything and still tired and sore even now, hope I'm not coming down with it too!

snoopy- welcome! Congrats on losing! Tell you a secret that helped me- go buy a dress now- not something real expensive just in case- but definietly a nice dress. I have a size 8 dress hanging on the front of my closet because that's the size I want to be. I bought it off a girl on theknot.com for $20. Chris, my fiance, has agreed to take me out someplace special for a celebration- probably dinner and dancing. set your goal now with your bf and hold him to it! Good luck!
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:36 PM   #66  

Good Afternoon,

Congratulations to all of you who had good weigh-ins! Thatís the way to start the new year.

Sorry to have been out of the loop for so long. I live in Southern California, and Iíve been dealing with (and continue to deal with) the fallout from the incredible rainstorm weíve been having. In my area, weíve had almost 12 inches of rain in four days. We are currently 360% over our annual rainfall average, and itís only January. Though the electricity has never gone off completely, it flickers all the time, so Iíve been reluctant to turn on the computer.

My older son was evacuated from his house and is staying with us. Many, many roads are closed throughout our area, and lots of businesses are running on a skeleton crew, because employees canít make it to work. Our house is fine, but the yard is a swamp and the far end of the patio is under water. (Luckily, itís sloped correctly.) Right now itís sunny out for the first time in six days, but thereís more rain forecast for this afternoon. Things are supposed to clear up tomorrow, thank goodness.

As you can probably guess, I have found it impossible to think about eating correctly during all this. I did manage to weigh myself yesterday, and I was happy to discover that I had at least maintained and not gained anything. Iím hoping things will start to get back to normal in the next day or two, and that I can report a weight loss next Monday.

And thatís the news from soggy Southern California.

Florafae
Florafae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:40 PM   #67  

Hi Ladies.....is this the thread for if I joined the valentine challenge in the buddy forum? I hope so, but if not let me know

I am setting my goal at losing 10 pounds by Valentines. I need to lose 40 pounds total to be at a size that is good for me and I think that short term goals is good.
knsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:04 AM   #68  

Hello, Ladies. Hope that everyone had a happy and healthy night. I stayed OP during the day, managed to talk some girls in the office into walking during our lunch (we have great sidewalks around the office park and the weather was perfect) and walked the pup when I got home from work. So, I am feeling pretty positive today! How is everyone else doing with their goals?

Kandice~Thanks so much for the information. I went on the web site yesterday to see if they had any specials posted, but I will def. go and check it out this weekend. That is so funny about the cooking, I hate to cook and am not very good at it! The best things that I can make are on the George Foreman, how much easier can it get? Hopefully Chris is feeling better today, do you still have the sniffles?

Welcome to snoopy and knsj!!! Snoopy, a loss already? You are on the right track, keep up the good work. It is always better when you have someone there to help you along the way. My bf is opposite, he is over 6 ft. and can eat whatever he wants to stay his size, must be nice. That is actually part of my weight gain, after a year and a half together I'm like, ok I can not eat like you, I will gain 50 pounds. He says he loves me no matter what, but I still see the looks he gives those skinny girls, ya know? OK, getting off of my soap box now. Good luck to you !

Florafae~glad to have you back with us. I have seen pictures of those mudslides/flooding and it all looks very scary. So sorry that you are having to go thru this, but just remember: "If God brings you to it, he will bring you thru it". Hopefully things will start to clear up over there and everyone can get back to normal.

On the water note that everyone was discussing earlier, I have one of those 32 oz. thermos water bottles that I keep at my desk. I chug it all day long, I probably drink 5 or 6 of them a day, when it is sitting there in front of you, it forces you to drink it! Another trick I use when I get bored of water is to add a little bit of equal or crystal light (the powdered kind-one tub can last you a week, if you use it sparingly).

Well, I hope that everyone has a great day! Keep up the good work...
Old 01-12-2005, 10:09 AM   #69  

Kandice~ I meant to tell you, you should do sales for Curves, with your percentage of the day to work out and $1 a day for 6 days a week. You really put things into perspective. This whole weight loss thing is as much a mind game as it is a food game and I appreciate your view on things!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:48 AM   #70  

Welcome knsj! You'll like it here- we have a good group. Dena started the group for a christmas challenge and started the valentinies this time. It's helped alot!

Cole- Chris still has the sniffles but is acting a lot better today. Yesterday he called a little after lunch and I thought he was going home sick again- he said he didn't have any choice but to go home- his company had a fire yesterday around 12. they were sending everyone home. started in the paint area too (where he works- he's a painter) so I doubt they'll "work" today- probably clean up a bunch of stuff if they're done the investigation. He said work was slow so they shut everything off in the bottom paint area at 8:30 and that's where it started- so no clue how or anything. He was lucky- he said no one wants to paint in the bottom- probably would have smoked him out too- he's lucky he was on lunch break outside!

Cole- about the curves sales- $1 a day to exercise or 60 cents for a candy bar... that's the way I htink about it at least- a candy bar will last for a few seconds, but the satisfaction of knowing you exercised and making a permanent results- is well, permanent.

actually Chris and I have been talking more about it recently. we both want to own our own business some day but can't agree on what. Curves recently discontinued allowing member's children into the facility and people have been complaining. I thought about opening a "curves kids" for the parents to drop off their kids for 30 minutes- and there's an open office space right next door. but I'm not a certified day care provider or anything. and how much would I charge? I could get some kids exercise mats- hopscotch, things like that, have an age area- like a preteen place- some magazines or things like that, and then a baby with some playpens... and then another idea is "Cuts" (curves for men). There's only 14 franchises of cuts in the US. we could open one next to curves and then men could go to theirs. I really believe in Curves- because I've seen firsthand. I know there are alot of people that say they didn't get anything out of it, but I'm only doing curves and have amazing results.

Flora- It definitely makes the news more real when there's someone you "know" involved- thoughts and prayers are with you to get through!

Bonnie- good deal on swimsuits! thanks! we're going in March and need swimsuits. I bought one at JCP- and it was too much but I really liked it so I got it. my first bikini and then a skirt to go with it. it was right around $90 for 3 pieces- too much. oh well, it's our honeymoon. Ps. I weigh everyday too- I have a history of staying the same for 4-5 days, or bouncing up and down, 174, 175, 173, 174, 173, 174... and then it'll drop a couple lbs at once and I'll bounce along at that. I had a new low (this is on my bathroom scale naked) of 174 on Sunday and then I was at 173 today- my new low.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Old 01-12-2005, 11:03 AM   #71  

Default Good morning, ladies

Congrats to all the losers in our bunch! This is one time I'm sure they don't mind being called a loser! hee, hee.

Knsj and Snoopy-welcome, welcome, welcome. You are at the right place for help and encouragement. The posts on this site have kept me going more than once. Hope you draw strength from knowing you're not alone!

Florafae-Wow! Please know that your family and you are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay safe and keep us updated. Did you sons home have much damage or was he evacuated as a precaution?

Bonnie-you're really working, it girl! Congrats on all the exercise. you'll have to walk the shore line for your exercise while on vacation!

Kandice-I also hope you're not catching the bug! Also, a new low-congrats. You're really doing well. I like you're idea about the day care. My DH and I are in the same predicament-we'd love to run our own business-after we get out of debt at the end of the year-but are still sifting through ideas.

Cole63-thanks for your words of encouragement w/WW and staying OP. How are you doing? I've been OP all week except for yesterday when I used 2.5 FP. I'd like to go to meetings but DH is unemployed right now so I'll have to wait. Hold my feet to the fire!

As I told Cole63, I've done well w/my points this week. Also, meeting my goals for water and exercise. Here's my exercise for this week:
Sat-walked 5 miles
Sunday-stretching video-believe me, I needed it! sore muscles!
Mon-walked 5 miles
Tues-walked 5 miles

I usually take Weds/Sun off as I'm busy w/church-family activities.

I'm going to my sister's this weekend. Just me. No kids, no DH, no pet, no responsibilities. She provided a place of refuge many times while I was a single parent. Things have been pretty heavy at my house for a couple months so she's going to pamper me. She's already told me I get breakfast in bed. Yeah!

Well, gotta run. Hope everyone has a great health day. Thanks for all the encouragement and support you offer. It means more than you know.
skinny_butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:55 PM   #72  

Wow Ladies Thanks so much for the big welcome!

Well I have been sick for the past couple days since signing up for the challenge so I have eaten little and not done any real exercises that induces weight loss. Hopefully I am over that in a couple days and I can get back in my groove.
knsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:04 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Morning Ladies!

I'm a bit under the weather this morning, so I'll make this kinda brief. I ate my breakfast, then promptly threw up, so I'm not sure if I have a bug or upset stomach. But I did enjoy reading all of these latest messages! You guys really make my day. Oh, and thank you, Bonnie and Kandice, for your nice words regarding starting our little group. We do have a great group here!

Flora, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I'm a Southern CA girl (recently moved to Vegas) and am glued to the TV, watching my beautiful home state fall apart. I feel so bad you are going through such a mess. But I know Californians, and things will be up and running more beautiful than ever when everything calms down again. These last few years have been crazy with the fires, earthquakes and mudslides. My prayers are with you.

Krisj, welcome! We have very supportive and inpiring people in our group. Oh, no, you're not feeling well either? I'm sorry to hear that. Feel better soon. Good luck to you!

OK, gals, I'm trying to figure out if I should go back to bed or get going.
I hate being sick. I like being active, so I'm trying to convince myself I'm OK.
Hugs,
Dena

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-12-2005 at 01:09 PM.
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 02:48 PM   #74  

skinny- congrats on walking every day! Have a great time at your sister's!
I know what you mean about wednesdays/ sundays= church. I didn't have any motivation to go to Curves today at lunch (I did end up going though) but thought to myself I couldn't go tonight because church and I always get upset at myself when I don't go... (because the 2% of the day Cole)

Cole- I signed up a woman in Purchasing today. I saw her in the mail room last week and I saw her today too and she stopped me and asked what I was doing and I told her. She signed up at lunch time! YAY!
Old 01-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #75  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi ladies, wow, ti's cold here today. This morning I went out to an appointment and I heard on the radio that it was -37C (for you American girls, that's pretty close to -37F). Oh plus there was wind, almost froze me in my tracks.

Cole, about the gym, it's usually the contract at the gym what gets you. I'm glad you didn't get pressured into it.

Dollar and Snoopy, congrats on being down!! Isn't it a good feeling.

Florafae, I was wondering if anyone here was from California, it didn't look to good on the news. Quite scary in fact. I hope all goes well and that drier weather is headed your way.

Tobaccy, wow, you are really into the exercise!

Okay, to all the ladies who are under the weather, please get well. Drink some tea, and have a nap.
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote