Old 01-26-2005, 09:00 PM   #166  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hey peeps! Hope everyone is doing well tonight. I am still hungry after I'm done with my calories.. but working on that. Opting to fill up with veggies along with my meals. Should help.

I weighed today.. ::: drum roll ::: ...... I'm 213 3/4! Down from 277. I'm so excited. Over 7 pounds gone since Christmas. I like weighing about once a month. I always have lost. No getting upset every day looking at the never-moving scale. I hate those things. I measure every Sunday morning tho. So glad I'm losing a little there too.

Kandice, Ty so much for the sweet compliments. Other ppl have told me that, but you can't see my bottom half in those pics! I gain in my hips, rear, stomach and thighs. It sucks. Uggh. Working on that tho! I show my shoulders and arms now alot bc I have worked on them so much, and it's finally showing in definition. I never had that b4. They were big, white flabby arms b4.

Amy.. I know! I have those days too. Sometimes we just needa vent! Congrats on the loss!

Diana, Any loss in any form is a great thing! Good 4 you!

Yay Dena! 10 minutes, Wow! You are getting on up there huh? Good job!

If I missed anyone from recent posts, I'm sorry! I'm sorta in a hurry too this week... so much going on.
Oh, if anyone wants to see my webpage, I have more pics there and tips and my food list, etc. You are welcome to it. I think this will get you there.
http://hometown.aol.com/SSills2670/

Talk to you soon! Hugs, Selina
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:15 PM   #167  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Selina, you're lookin' good. Hmmm...weighing once a month...an idea

Dena, 10 minutes, WOW, WOW, look at the improvement!! Glad you're doing better.
DewCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:13 PM   #168  
Phil 4:8

hello to all you lovly ladies,
yeh you know which ones i'm talkin about. you know. i'm talkin to al yah. this week has been good i'm down 2 lbs. towards my 10 for valentines day. i hope you are doin just as well. gotta go catch ya later on the flip side. florafae i love that picter of the flower. tobaccaygirl i want to go to that ther beach. it's wet and nasty here. well it's better than the floodin we had last. yhank the good Lod for that. would ya all tell me how you get all those little movin figures in you text. by gum theres as cute as a bugs ear.
kind regards
mary
craftymom2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 08:19 AM   #169  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Thanks Diana! The pic I have on there is too big! I will be putting a recent smaller one on instead this week. Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi Mary! Congrats on the two pound loss!!

Hugs to you all! Bye!
Old 01-27-2005, 09:10 AM   #170  

Dena- Low carb is hard, the first couple of weeks are the toughest, so hang in there if you decide to do it... cravings do diminish (don't go away completely EVER!) and you get some energy back. that was my biggest problem when I started LC- lack of energy. It is frustrating when the scale doesn't move, but just hang in there... at least it's not moving the other way!! and 10 minutes?! you must be so proud of yourself!

selina- it's all in my bottom too. I've always liked my arms though, so all my pictures are from the waist up too. looking real good!

trying to decide if I want to get weighed measured today. Tomorrow looks really busy at work and I'm not sure if I'll get to go to Curves and I can't go after work because we're going to get our marriage license at 3 and then spend some time with Chris' mom. She lives in the county seat city, where we need to get our license.
I definitely don't want to get measured on Monday after 2 days of lounging around... don't want 2 days to ruin my whole month.... guess you'll know when I come back after lunch!

have a great day everyone!

(PS dena- Have you checked out how many views we have? and 14 pages?! this thread is hopping! thanks again for setting it up!)
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:35 AM   #171  

tip #39 for the day

#39. Want to make those crunches go quickly? Try doing sit-ups while watching your favorite TV program to add some entertainment to your exercise routine.

And I forgot to say congrats to selina for the loss! :blush: Congrats!
Old 01-27-2005, 11:53 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Just a quick note to say that I'm back on track today. What a difference a day makes! I was totally overwhelmed yesterday. I guess we all get those kind of days. I'm usually pretty outgoing and optimistic, but maybe I've been staying indoors too much or watching too much news on TV.

Thank you Kandice, Diana, and Selina for your kind words and cheers. I really love our group!

I was inpired by Oprah yesterday on TV. She looks great, so I looked up here web site to see what plan she is on. It's kind of a low carb thing. 3 lean meats per day, no white carbs (bread, pasta, cookies), lots of greens and 2 fruits a day. I think I'll try that. Plus the other part is exercise... 30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes weights 6 x a week. I've been doing that about 5x, so I'm almost there. It's the food part that gets to me!

Selina, your pictures are awesome!!!

Sorry I don't have time to write to everyone today.

Take care and hugs,
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 01:38 PM   #173  

yay for dena to get back on track!

I did get measured today because Chris is getting his car fixed tomorrow which leaves me without a car to go to curves tomorrow and Monday weigh ins are scary... I weighed 178.75 down 5.25 lbs and down 2.5 inches (.25 on my bust, .75 on my waist, .5 on my abs, .5 on my hips, and .5 on my thighs) every 1/4 of an inch is a step right? my body fat was back down to 30% too after it went up last month. ( In nov it was 29.9, december 30.4 and january 30.0)

Unbelievable= 46.5 inches since beginning, 25.5 lbs, and 16.63 lbs of body fat. Pretty happy with myself.

They asked me if I was at goal yet, and I said no- 23 more lbs to go... they looked up in my folder and said I was far past my inches goal... when I signed up for curves they did my measurements and to get into a size 11/12 I had to lose 20 something inches... (those 20 inches haven't been where I need them ) so I got my name on the wall as an amazing loser. Yay me!!
Old 01-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #174  
Phil 4:8

hello ladie and good moring,
i'm up for the challange. i lost 2 lbs this week of the 10 i want to lose for valentines day. i am ready to rock and roll. this is the year i get health. personaly, emotionaly, and spiritualy. i think the whole body is important. so am looking forward to great things. hope you have been kind to yourselves this week. if you gained last week. that is last week and you WILL get back on track this week. you GET to start a whole new plan this week. it would be fun to here what some of you are doing. is it a diet, if so what one? excersice, waht kind? water intake or something else remember we only pass this way once. so let give it our bst shot. YAH! WE CAN DO IT! how do you get the pictures in your messages and the color print. i really like it when you anser people back with different colors. have a great day.
kind regards,
mary
craftymom2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 03:38 PM   #175  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Ty :-). I am really happy about it!

Question: How do you all count your inches? I only count one bicep, one thigh, one calf, my hips, waist and chest measurement. Should I add in the other bicep, thigh and calf?? This is for when I want a total of inches lost.

Ok, doing well with my food.. but staying on the high end closer to 1500 a day..with about 20 grms of fat. Still jogging 30 mins a day.. plus my other daily toning stuff, leg lifts, etc. Not meeting water goals every day. Just not thirsty.. it's cold outside! Uggh!! Anyone else have this problem?

I went online today. www.fastfoodfacts.com and it helped me. I wrote down the grilled chicken sandwiches, soups, veggies, subs, and desserts I might eat out and are ok with my plan, not too high in fat. That way I can add them in and not guess at how bad they are! Cuz sometimes, you needa eat out. I try to bring food with me every time I go for a long day of errands, etc. but if I really want hot food, I need to know my facts so I can choose wisely, you know?

Thanks for your help about the inches! Talk to you all soon.

Oh and thanks for all the congrats~ I just gotta stay with this and I'm ok. No backsliding!!! LOL.

Hugs!
Old 01-27-2005, 04:10 PM   #176  

selina- curves doubles the arms and thighs and then bust, waist, abs, hips = total inches. I wish they would do the calves because I know my calves have gotten nicer- and I didn't even have a problem with them before!

almost time to go home! have a great night!
Old 01-27-2005, 04:16 PM   #177  

Hey ladies! How goes it? I am doing well today. I have exercised the last few days and stayed within my calorie limit (1500 is my goal, although I have been closer to 1300 lately).
Mary- Hi and welcome. I am new, too. I am calorie counting. I do it all on fitday.com. I love them! I aim for 1500 a day (that is what the calculators say I should eat to lose 2 pounds a week). I also aim to exercise at least 4 times a week. When I start to plateau I will up the exercise. So far it's gone great. I haven't felt deprived at all. I've lost 7 pounds in the first two weeks. I also watch my fat intake...which brings me to Selina...

Selina-everything I have read says that you shouldn't go under 20% fat content, even when dieting. Normally you should aim for 30%. Isn't that right?I try to keep between 20-25% fat. However that is more like 40 grams of fat a day. You are only around 12% at 20 grams. I admit that I struggle sometimes getting up to 20%. When you eat food low in calories, they often don't have much fat.According to some different medical sites, you are unlikely to feel satiated when you eat lower than 30% and you are much more likely to binge. Anyway, what you're doing seems to be working so I guess you're fine. Just wanted to make sure that you knew.

Kandice-I'm jealous of all those inches! Way to go girl! I can tell that I am losing inches (especially around the middle, where most of my weight is). I don't know what I was when I started, or even what I am now. I need to measure! Also, thanks for the tips!

Dena-I've been inspired by Oprah, too. Doesn't she look fantastic?!? I still could never do low carb, though. I dislike meat too much, lol!

May the force be with you.
Amy, who is in a weird Star Wars mood.
busymom2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:47 AM   #178  

how is everyone? Monday morning!

I have a new low (saturday and sunday) of 172! yay! back to 173 today though... so probably 178 still at curves, I'll know at lunch time though.
Still the 172 is real good news, trend has it that I'll bounce along between 172- 175 now and then lose a couple more lbs.

Not much else from me right now- trying to thaw out from the ice this weekend...

Have a great day and talk to you all later!
Old 01-31-2005, 10:01 AM   #179  

Good morning ladies! I had my official weigh in this morning and I have lost 9 pounds!!! Only one more to go for my 10 pound goal by valentines day! I am doing well and will add more later, but my baby is screaming for me.

See ya!
Amy

OW: 192
CW: 183
GW: 135

Valentines goal: 182
busymom2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:41 PM   #180  

Good morning everyone
Sorry I haven't been around in awhile, I have been working some very starnge hours at work extra ones and I have been on the computer typing tons of stuff at work so I just haven't been able to come home and get on here, but the crazy hours are over so here I am. I actually think I worked too many extra hours and I ended up being sick on my weekend off and because I work in a Nursing home I had to take today off as well, I feel better but we have to be 48hrs symptom free from a gastrobug before we can go back so I'm taking my time off now to be here. I'm down about another 3 lbs this week so that makes me feel better. I tried to make sure that even with all the extra work time I put in that I still made time for my exercise. I didn't get to the gym as much I think just 2x but I made sure I was doing my walking tape for 30 mins most days. I think I did it 5 out of seven days. I am not up to it today but hopefully I will be back at it tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good day.
dollar is offline   Reply With Quote