Old 02-14-2005, 07:38 AM   #1  

Smile Moms losing weight #45

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days).

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight.

Gretchen: wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!

Roxy: married (21yrs) 4 boys, and 6 girls, have to get serious after last baby. Doing the low-carb thing, drinking lots of water & more exercise.

Stephanie: sahm of 2 boys Timothy(7) and Jack(3) and a new baby girl, Ella(8 months).

(bobsgal) Stephanie: 27 yo SAHM to Brandon(2/18/98) & Kayla(10/20/00)Married to Bob(2/12/99) Work part-time at Home Depot. No specific plan- just exercising & watching
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 07:45 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Mel,
Thanks for starting a new thread!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Any special plans for today or tonight?? Not here... I think this is the first year we don't have anything planned.

I was gonna ask ya'll...... Has anyone taken a green tea supplement before?? Any info please

Ok I'm gonna get up and get going! HAVE A GREAT VALENTINE'S DAY!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 07:51 AM   #3  

Default Happy Valentines Day!!!!!!!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Our weekend went well, pretty uneventfull. Believe it or not I am down once again. 193 this morning. I think this Cleanse thing is helping. ...and NO, I'm not going to the bathroom like crazy. Once per day. Do you know that I read that you can have 5-40lbs of toxins built up in your body...HOLY COW, I couldn't believe it when I read it. I'm hoping that after a month of doing this, that my body will work more effenciently and the weight continues to come off. Anyway, I have a busy day today. Chiropracter, library with the kids, Bed bath and beyond to pick up dh's gift, and the gym for training at 11 and cardio of course.

Have a wondeful day all. bbl to check in.

Last edited by melmcc99; 02-14-2005 at 07:53 AM. Reason: error on image
Old 02-14-2005, 08:58 AM   #4  

Penny, are you talking about ECGC that is in Womens ONe a Day or by itself. That is a gree tea extract and it made me sick. I can't speak for everyone, but I was thinking I was preggo about 2 months ago. I was sick every morning and then realized that it was the vitamin with the green tea in it. I tried it in something else too and same thing. SO, if you try and you are sick, that's what it is.

Have a good one.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:30 AM   #5  
SAHM ?!? of 4............

!!! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY LADIES !!!

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days! I've been really busy with scouts, kids parties at school on Friday and this weekend was just time to kick back. I have been skimming posts but just haven't posted. I'll try to remember what I've read.

Crystal: Congrats on little Allison! She's a beautiful baby!

Penny: So glad to see you back with us and so happy that Michelle is improving! Sorry no experience with the green tea supplement.

Mel: WooHoo! You're melting too! Sounds like the cleanse is doing great for you!

Jeniqua: Happy late Anniversary!

Chris: Hope you had a great weekend! How's the living room coming with the new carpet?

Kristin: How's that ankle? Hope it's better!

Jill: Hope you're having a great day!

Michelle: When will the info for the next BLC be up? Will there be a sign up period? I'm really hoping they have my camera back to me in time to start. I don't want to miss this one!

Cindi: Hope things are getting better for you and yours!

Tabitha: WTG on the interview! hope you get the job!

Geri: Where are ya? We miss you! How are the boys?

Ricci: Don'tcha just love this weather we're having?!? I heard yesterday that we are 3" above normal in the rain department for this year already!

Gretchen: Still loving Curves I hope! I wanted to make it today but dd is running a low grade temp and will probably have to stay home from preschool today, which I hate because so far she has perfect attendance. I'll see how she feels closer to noon when we're supposed to leave.

Roxy: my e.t.! How's dh's new job going? How is the daytime sleeping? We have black curtains, mini blinds and dh sleeps with earplugs and a fan on. The weekends are the worst when all the kids are home! Good luck keeping them quiet so he can sleep. How are you doing? Hope you are shrinking too!

Well, nothing planned for Valentine's Day here, dh goes back to work tonight after 4 nights off. I told him there was something ar Walmart I wanted (earrings), but the lady who knows which ones I want wasn't working yesterday. He told me to go ahead and go get them, I told him it's not the same and I didn't know what to get him so we just agreed to not get each other anything. I still need to get the kids' stuff today.

If I'm not here much this week it's because Saturday is our annual Blue & Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts and I'm part of the committee getting that ready. Each of the boys has to help make a dessert for the dessert raffle so we'll be doing that Friday night I guess, then I have to shop on Friday for the banquet, decorate on Saturday and the banquet is at 6:00 p.m. Sunday I get to rest then we start on the Pinewood Derby, planning and getting donations for prizes! It never ends!

BTW, I had my WI at Curves on Thursday (was supposed to be Friday but knew with kids' parties I wouldn't make it there). I was down 5 lbs, 2.5 inches and 1.9% body fat for a month!
WI this morning was back down the 2.5 I gained from TOM. I need to go change my ticker!

I'll try to get back here each day but no promises! With dd not feeling well, it has taken me over an hour to type this as it is

TTYL
Deana1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 09:52 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Mel,
Thanks for the info. Any plans for today?

Deana,
Congrats on all the great numbers at the meeting! That is awesome!!!

Well I do have some bad news about Michelle but I am still praying for her to pull through this...

They found a hole in one of her lungs yesterday and they tried whatever it was to repair it and her lung collapsed And she is back on the venilator again.. Poor thing!
I just feel so bad for Brad's mom and Michelle's mom and dad. I wish I could take their pain!

On a brighter note, today is Valentine's Day... show spread the love

Hugs to you all my friends!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:32 AM   #7  
I will suceed!!!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!

*I hope I did that right!

Penny, I am sorry, I hope Michelle gets better. She will stay in my prayers and thoughts.

This is just a flyby for me, have to go be a taxi service now. On a different note, I am feeling 100% today! No coughing fits or anything this morning! Didn't wake up feeling all stuffy like I normally do. WooHoo. I will start exercising again today. Not much planned, cleaning and babysitting. Well, bbl. Have a great day everyone!
Redskirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:34 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmcc99
Penny, are you talking about ECGC that is in Womens ONe a Day or by itself. That is a gree tea extract and it made me sick. I can't speak for everyone, but I was thinking I was preggo about 2 months ago. I was sick every morning and then realized that it was the vitamin with the green tea in it. I tried it in something else too and same thing. SO, if you try and you are sick, that's what it is.

Have a good one.
I am so glad you posted this. I have been sick for a week, and it's making me crazy. I've taken two pregnancy tests now because I NEVER get nauseous so I was doubting that the first negative result was actually accurate. I just checked the ingredients on the vitamins I've just begun taking on a regular basis, and sure enough, green tea extract is one of the ingredients.

On that note, I'm still sick so still not getting much accomplished in actually exercising. I end up not able to eat much of anything in the morning, and then late in the evening, I end up starving. I know, not a good cycle when just starting out.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:41 AM   #9  
Jeniqua

Good morning ladies! Tomorrow I am starting the SBD. I am looking forward to reaching my goal by August. Our Anniversary was wonderful!! We had a blast. Tonight we are making a valentine's day dinner for the kids. The meal was their choice. Would anyone like to guess what they picked?? Ham and cheese sandwiches and mozzerella cheese sticks! LOL! We have cake left over from last night(I sent a bulk of it over to my mom's and my pastor's house so it wouldn't be here) It's a white cake with strawberry filling and cool whip topping. It will be gone by tonight for sure. Starting tomorrow I am back at the gym. I'm ready to get this ball rolling.

Penny~ I will continue to keep Michelle in my prayers. Do you think you're going to try the green tea??

MEL~ Way to go!! You're really starting to mely away. It sounds like the cleanse thing is really working for you. I am soo happy for you!

Deana~ You busy lady! I am really tierd after reading all that's ahead for you..whew! Way to go on your WI! You're doing great. You should be very proud of yourself.

Roxy~ Good morning!! Let us hear from you..

Well I have some cleaning to do but I'll be back later. Talk to you ladies soon.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!
sharqueen76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:59 AM   #10  
a.k.a. Roxy

Happy St. Valentine's Day!!

Big hugs go out to all of you!

I spent most of yesterday playing "Sorry" and trying to keep them quiet, but we had a fun family day. We watched "Where the Red Fern Grows" and it was a nice family film. It was the new 2003 one, it also had Dave Matthews in it as the father so dh liked that!

Penny- I'm so terribly sorry to hear about Michelle. I really thought she was going to be out of the woods! More prayers! About the green tea, sometime ago I took a supplement like that that made me nauseous! Made my mouth water and my stomach churn. I started drinking it in tea form, infused weak then longer for a stronger tea, them I didn't have a problem. Mel and I just had the same problem with oils. Mel, flaxseed and me, coconut. I guess when you introduce new things into the body, especially those that detoxify, you should start off slow and with minimal amounts and build up to the amount the program or bottle says to take. Greentea is especially good for detoxifying, and is a known anti-carcinagen. Excuse the spelling! I don't have a problem with the oil anymore.

Mel- WTG with the cleansing program!!! You are really going down! How wonderful! You are such and inspiration to me! Yes, I'm still working out! Thanks for the advice about the hunger!

Deana-Hi there! Awesome shrinkage, woman! I am so proud of you!!!!! I can't wait to see the new progress pics! Dh is been really tired! When I ask him how he sleep, he says he doesn't remember a thing. He's been getting five hours at a crack hopefully he'll do better after this week. The guy he'll be filling in for is having shoulder surgery and will be off for 3 months!! I hope he holds out wil two full-time jobs for that long! Thanks for making such a nice post!

Well, I don't have anything planned for Valentines Day, cause my sweetie will be coming home tired! I'm gonna go start a load of laundry be back shortly.
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:11 AM   #11  
a.k.a. Roxy

It took me a long time and two diaper changes to post...So Hi to you sneeky girls that got in before me!

Jeniqua-I'm so glad that you had a wonderful anniversary! Congratulations! Strawberry with whipped topping? Awwwwwww! Wahhhhh! I want some!

Chelle- green tea makes alot of people nauseous! We weigh about the same keep plgging away at the exercise! How tall are you? I'm 5'3, like a lil' teapot, short and stout!

Tabitha-cute! I love Pepe LaPew! I happy to hear that you are completely better, when do you start your new job? Good luck on that!
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 12:15 PM   #12  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile quick lunchtime post!!

I may be too busy to post later, but I wanted to stop in and say hi!

Do you know why I may be too busy??? I got a gym membership from my friend for Valentine's Day!!! Since our company owns the gym it's only 23 per month, so she said she pay if I'd go with her...WOOOOOO HOOOOOO! I also have lost 5 pounds...myabe more, since doing the Change One plan...shows how bad my eating habits have been. I hope exercising will help me to stay consious of what I am eating more, too!

12 babies today, so I am just busy busy!

Penny, sorry about Michelle, I will pray.

Mel, I take the ecgc vitamins with no problems and have taken the supplement with none as well. Guess it depends on the person.

OOOPS! 10 minutes to get back, so I will post again as soon as i can!

Love and Hugs to all!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Cindi
BIGtimeLOSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:53 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hot_tomato
Chelle- green tea makes alot of people nauseous! We weigh about the same keep plgging away at the exercise! How tall are you? I'm 5'3, like a lil' teapot, short and stout!
I'm 5'5" (or maybe it's 5'6", I always forget) so we are pretty similar I managed to use the bike today... only 25 minutes, but I don't want to give myself an excuse not to move this early on. I figure I'll just do it as long as I can and at the intensity I can deal with until I stop feeling yucky.
michellejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 03:45 PM   #14  

Chelle and Roxy, sorry you had the problems with the ECGC, but I'm glad I wasn't the only one!

Roxy, I guess you tried the coconut oil with no luck. Eww, I'm sorry! I know what ya mean. Find it in a pill form. Flax comes that way, but I'm affraid. I went back to my Omega 3 fish oil. I have no problem with those. I can't believe how the cleanse is helping me!

Cindi, so glad you could post.. Congrats on the 5 lbs lost! Thats wonderful that your friend is willing to pay the money for your gym membership.

Deana, how wonderful!!!!!!!! I'm soo happy that you are shinking! You must feel fantastic! Congrats! Keep checking in!

Penny, l'm sso sorry about Michelle. We will continue the prayers. Poor girl and Family, I can't imagine how the parents feel.
Lots of running around for me today. Chiroprater, gym, BBB, Food shop(small), and library. We were gone from 10-3:15 ...long day. Time to take a break and get some valentine dinner going and have Abigail make a little Valentine cake for her daddy in her Easy Bake oven....I'm hoping to get them bathed and ready for bed...BEFORE their dinner so that they can go to bed early! It would be nice for DH and I to have dinner alone tonight...We'll see.

Tabitha, I loved that Image. Reminds me of when I was a kid. Congrats on getting the exercise in and I'm glad you are feeling better! Keep up the good work!

The PT who came to our group teaches a Spin class on Sundays. I'm contimplating it but I'm a bit of a chicken. What do ya think? I really don't think I'm ready and don't want to make a foul of myself. Maybe at 175lbs I'll do it. Like a goal for a goal....hmmmm Anyway, I can't wait to see what I am at the end of this week.

Michelle, where r ya today?

Jilly, how's it goin? You going to Pilates tomorrow morn?

Kristin,,,,where are you!????????
Old 02-14-2005, 03:52 PM   #15  

OH PENNY, BTW, I just checked the mail....thanks for the receipt for the donation and thanks for the 5 bucks from shipping out those pJ's.. Ttyl