Old 10-19-2004, 11:12 AM   #16  

Height: 6'1

this site makes me feel more and more not alone in this battle every morning! Anyone is welcome here. I feel like the welcome wagon More people, more support! Are either of you on a specific plan? I think i've tried them all, but i'm horrible at cutting things completely out of my diet. Now i just watch my portion size and aim for the lower fat/cal stuff. Gotta get back to work for a bit.. see ya later!!
Steph
Athena0067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 01:08 PM   #17  

I am basically doing the same thing, lowcal/lowfat. I just need
some people to talk to about the same thing I am going through.
It help's me alot. My husband is there also for me, but he already
lost his 30 lbs. he needed to. How frustrating it is that men can lose
just at the drop of a hat. I am so glad I found this sight, Thank you all.
Amy

Last edited by overweightlady; 10-19-2004 at 01:11 PM.
overweightlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 02:09 PM   #18  

I know exactly how you feel about men losing weight easily. My bf try's for a few weeks and drops 10 pounds. i try for a month or two and i'm lucky with losing 5 consistenly. i don't get it. He's supportive too, but's its easier to vent on here
Today is a good day for me so far.. I even passed up birthday cake from one of the girls in the office! Every little bit helps right?!
Steph
Old 10-19-2004, 05:57 PM   #19  

Steph, Do you exercise? Since I started this eating change, I have done
something almost every day. Today, I walked on my treadmill
today for 40 minutes. I use to belong to a gym, but they really raised
their rates and I was like forget it. At night, I do about 15 minutes of ab
exercises that I found on the computer. Let's see if we can do something together. (Like an exercise chart or something). And anyone else who would like to join in, maybe we could just write in what we do everyday.
Tomorrow is my weigh in day, I pray that it will turn out good.
I feel like I have done pretty decent this week. No going out to eat or anything. I think I actually have it in my head this time.
I did read the Dr. Phil book and bought in on CD. I listen to it while I
am on my treadmill. I actually think it helped.
Wish me luck!!!
Amy
Old 10-19-2004, 08:29 PM   #20  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

LOL Believe it or not guys, it's not a "guy" thing. My dad's doctor told him if he didn't lose 25 pounds by their next visit, she would cease being his doctor, because, as she put it "You're wasting my time and yours". He didn't lose it, and she's still his doctor...still making threats too. Now instead of 250, he's up to 270. It's not so easy being a man losing weight. But then I'm stuck with a hubby with overactive thyroid and a female cousin with the same. She weighs 95 dripping wet, and he weighs 140...on a good day.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:08 PM   #21  

That is great you have lost 95 lbs. How on earth did you do it?
I hope to be writing in here someday with the same results.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:05 AM   #22  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Very slowly. I think that's the key to keeping it off. I didn't gain it overnight, not gonna lose it overnight. Been eating all the right stuff for over 2 years now and added daily exercise over a year ago. I didn't cut my food down, just replaced bad stuff for good stuff.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:56 AM   #23  

Ok, everyone I weighed in this morning and lost 3 lbs.
I am so excited I had to tell someone, my kids don't understand.
Did anyone watch the show last night "The Big Loser". I found it pretty
interesting. I can't believe some of them lost 20+ lbs. How
incredible to do in a week.
Amy

SW-213.00 8/03
CW-176.00 10/04
GW-130.00 someday soon
Old 10-20-2004, 05:22 PM   #24  

Congrats Amy!!!! You're doing great!!!

I did finally start exercising re. I go to Jazzercise twice a week. They hold a 3rd class on saturdays every other week so i go to that when i can. I usually walk for about 15-20 minutes on my lunch hour and aim for 10 minutes of weight training on the nights i don't have class. However, i just started doing this regularly (again) for about the last 2 weeks.
Last night was Jazzercise and i am sooooo sore today. I think i way over did it. I just came back from lunch and i did my 20 minutes of walking so today is on track so far! If i'm still aching by the time i get home, i think i'll go for another walk instead of weights.
A exercise chart or something sounds great. I need to be held accountable and i think that will work great! Should we start a new thread for it or just keep it in here? I'm game for either.
Talk to you soon!
Steph
Old 10-20-2004, 09:39 PM   #25  

Hi! Steph,
Did you walk again later tonight? I pushed myself to walk on that darn treadmill. believe I did not want to. I walked for 48 minutes, then I even did
15 min. of ab and arm exercises. You don't know how much I did not
want to do it. My hubby, was there supporting me. It also helps seeing
a loss this past week. What day do you weigh in?
About, starting a new thread, I am so new at this I wouldn't know what to even do. If you do, write me something on this one and tell me where to go.
I love having people to talk to about this. This is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy
Old 10-21-2004, 11:14 AM   #26  

Morning Amy,
I did walk last night! I know exactly how much you didn't want to. I felt the same way! But, we did it. Yay!
I usually weight in on Mondays. Last Monday i was at 247 so hopefully my active week will show improvment. I have a goal to hit 235 by Thanksgiving and 220 by January 1st I think it's doable if i keep up what i'm doing. Yesterday i didn't eat any junk. And, I skipped my treat(fun size Kit kat ) and my afternoon snack. Woo hoo! I have a baby shower this afternoon at work and i had my boss order a veggie tray to go with the cakes, cookies and other sweets so i'll have something to munch on. On another note, i'm trying to quit smoking as well as lose weight. Not the brightest thing to do at the same time, but i figure if i'm improving myself, may as well do it at once! I was a little less than a pack a day smoker, yesterday i only had 8. Today i'm shooting for 7. Baby steps. I've tried quitting smoking almost as much as i've tried losing my weight. So far i've cut my habit in half.
to one day at a time!!
Steph
Old 10-21-2004, 12:28 PM   #27  

Smile Back and motivated...

undefinedundefinedundefined
Hi there,
I'm coming back to 3fc after a 4 months hiatus ... I've been cutting down for a week or so now and increasing my walking and have come back to the chick's lair. I have about 85 or so lbs that I would love to lose....I am 5 ft 8 (or thereabouts lol) and weighed 239 last week. 150 would be awesome for me to attain. I have been back to chicks for a couple of days now basically just reading and getting inspired. This is such a great site.
Cheers to all in your quest
-nona
nona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 05:42 PM   #28  

Steph, That is too funny....I am a smoker too!!
I have quit everytime I got pregnant, and even after my last one I quit for about 16 mos. Then one day, I decided I wanted to smoke again, so here I am
I would love to quit again, but I sometimes feel like I need this weight off
first. I know that is just an excuse but.........
I want to cheat so bad today
I am going to try not to. Do you watch Survivor? My family is all into it, and
my cousin who is single, comes over here every Thursday night to watch it.
They have begged me to make some Apple Crisp, with Vanilla ice cream on the side. I am going to have a little of the crisp and some Lowfat Yogurt
Vanilla ice cream ( they will never know). I have not exercised as of yet.
We got done with Dinner and I am just about ready to do an exercise
tape. I went to the mall for about 2 hours. Doesn't that count as some
walking. (ya, right) Ok, we can do this together.
Here is something for everyone
We all can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amy
Old 10-22-2004, 11:22 AM   #29  

Thats too funny! Today yesterday wasn't a good day for smoking for me. Your right, its hard to do both! I don't think its an excuse... i'm having a **** of a time!! 2 so far for the day.
Did you do your tape last night? I drug myseft to my class... hated every sweaty second of it.. but i feel better this morning I slept good last night cause i wore myself out!!
On a good note, the mall does count as some exercise! as long as your walking and moving.. it works! I used to mall walk because our weather is horrible during the winter. Walk for a while, then check out a store, then walk...
APPLE CRISP SOUNDS SOOOOOO GOOD. I made some the other night... well a modified english version (Crumble) I need to get myself some FF frozen yogurt. I get the most horrible sweet cravings about an hour after dinnrer. lately i've been eating a apple or orange...but thats not going to satisfy for much longer!!
Well back to work for a while.. i'l check back in a few! & Yes we can do this!!!
Steph
Old 10-22-2004, 05:26 PM   #30  

Steph, I started out so good today. As soon, as I got my 2 bigger kids on the bus, I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes. I really cleaned the house then before my little girl got up, I thought I was doing good until........
My husband was going up north hunting for the weekend, so I thought I would
be a nice wife and make him some peanut butter cookies. I did good until I started putting them in a container. Then....................I just ate one after another. I ended up eating 7 cookies.
Then my girls said, What is for supper? I said, How about McDonald's?
Well, I ordered a plain grilled chicken sandwich and a diet coke but............
My middle daughter did not want her FF so guess what? Mom gobbled them up, plus some more from my oldest daughter. I could just scream!!!!!!!!
I think I will do my exercise tape again, (yes, I did it last night plus ab ex.)
WHY? WHY? WHY? Why, do I do this? In a month on this so called diet, there has only been one other time that I did this too.
When I cheat, I really cheat.
Have a great weekend!!!!
Wish me luck!!
Amy