Old 11-03-2004, 11:26 AM   #46  

Height: 6'1

Morning Ladies! Well, i finally weighed in and i gained 2 pounds from last week. But i've been exercising for 3 weeks consistently so i'm not down in the dumps. I know i've been trying. A few eating set backs, but nothing too horrible. I've been doing really well on my portion control at meals, now i just need to monitor my snacking more closely.
How are you gals doing? Hopefully great! I'm ready for the weekend already and its only wednesday morning
Talk to you soon!
Steph
Athena0067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:10 PM   #47  

Hello! I weighed in this morning and lost 1.5 lbs. Better than last week and don't even know how I did it, but who cares right?
I have exercised the last two nights so maybe that helped from the weekend.
Steph, I am glad to see you have a good attitude. Keep up the good work.
3 weeks till my vacation, I want to lose 5 lbs.
I can do it right? Tonight I am going to go and buy a couple of new
dresses for it, I can finally say my 18's are too big, but alot of my 14's are still
too small.
Good luck everyone.
Amy

SW 213.00
CW 175.5
GW 130.0
overweightlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 12:02 PM   #48  

Congrats Amy!! And of course you can lose 5 by your vacation!! Its always so much fun to go shopping when your clothes become too big!
Yesterday was a pretty good day. I didn't get much exercise in, but i did do a little walking! Stayed on plan pretty good. had a bite of a brownie, but saved the other part for today. I always need my little bit of chocolate about 2 when i'm working. I've discovered the wonderful world of smoothies. Nice and fruity but packed with vitamins and about 3 servings of vegetables. I've bene having one for lunch and a half sandwhich and i haven't been wanting to snack in the afternoon. woo hoo!
i have 7 pounds to lose by Thanksgiving to reach my goal. I think it'll be close, but its doable!
Talk to you soon!
Steph
Old 11-04-2004, 10:20 PM   #49  

Heck ya Steph, you can too list the 7 by Thanksgiving.
I did the treadmill for 45 minutes this morning and I actually had a
really good day. I am kind of proud of myself.
I have been slacking off on my ab exercises, but at least I am
doing something. Are you drinking all of your water?
I drink about 80-100 oz a day. I think I can say I don't even have
the taste for diet pepsi anymore. It seems like I get a can and then
only drink half. I like my water.
We can do this together!!!
Amy
Old 11-05-2004, 12:06 PM   #50  

TGIF!!!! I am so excited to not work tomorrow! Sleep, oh how i've missed it! Anyways, you're doing great Amy! 45 minutes is a long time to walk!! I went to class last night and was finally able to keep up with the high impact side!!! I'm a little sore this morning from our abs exercises, but other than that, i feel great!
As far as the water goes, i drink like a fish. A few years ago, my bro came back from the dentist with 11 cavities from so much soda. Totally turned my off my 3-4 cans a day mountain dew habit. Ever since, i always have ice water with me. 80-100 is awesome!! i'm right around there too!
I hope you have a wonderful day & i'll talk to you soon!!
Keep it up!!!
Steph
Old 11-05-2004, 03:56 PM   #51  

Smile

Hi ladies, I hope you have room for one more!

A little info about myself. I just turned 37 in October. I was just married last January to a wonderful man that has tons of self-control and makes me crazy :P

I had posted on a different site that I belong to for support and had 3 people say they wanted to be my buddies but after one week of posting they seem to have either given up or are "too busy to take care of themselves" at the moment. So I just found this site and was reading your thread and was thinking how wonderful that you all take care of each other and that I'd love to join in if you didn't mind They might have given up but I'm not!

I currently weigh 243lbs as of this morning, I need to get down to 160 for a healthy weight for me. So I need to lose about 80lbs. I guess you could say I'm what they would call a "healthy fat person". When I go to the gym I will ride the elliptical for 1.5 hours before I hop over to the weights to finish my workout. My biggest problem has been getting my butt to the gym more than twice a week lately. For some reason I just can't seem to get myself over there.. I think I might be the Queen of Excuses, I always have an excuse for why I don't need to go.

Oh btw I started at 298lbs, I was down to 225 before I got married and then I gained 30 back making 255, now I've started to lose it again and am down to 243.

I'm hoping with some support I can change all that.

As for my eating.. well I cook healthy meals 90%. Sometimes I'll make something that I shouldn't have but that's maybe once a month, so it's not horrible and even still I'll make something like.. a lasagna with bechemel sauce and use skim(no fat) milk and ground turkey instead of beef, so it's nothing too horrible. I actually haven't had ground beef in almost 3 years I switched to ground turkey and haven't gone back, anything I used to make with ground beef I now make with ground turkey and I can't tell the difference because I can't remember what ground beef tasted like Seriously though no one either can tell it's not ground beef either so why tell them :P
Oh my how I do ramble... sorry!

Other than that.. my problem is snacking. Why I go to the trouble to cook something good and healthy and then snack the rest of the day/night is beyond me and if someone could give me the answer I'd appreciate it

I don't believe in starving myself, I tried that when I was younger and all it did was make me bigger, I think pretty much everyone that's here has discovered that and can agree. My route is cook healthy and exersize and it works... as long as I do it

Besides losing the weight just to be healthy, my husband and I plan on trying for a baby soon and I don't want to be huge when we do. I don't have any other medical problems internaly, like.. my sugar is perfect and my bp is perfect, but, my lower back is horribly weak and that just doesn't mix with having a baby. So I need to lose the weight and strengthen my core so I can support a belly and then carry a baby afterwards!

Well I think I'll shaddup now.. you're probably dizzy with me rambling on and I"m not even sure if I'm welcome yet!

Hope to talk with you soon,

Chris.

Last edited by ChrisK; 11-05-2004 at 04:35 PM.
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 08:04 PM   #52  

Hi All!!! Yes, anyone is welcome the more the merrier. We can all help and support each other.
You sound like you are on the right track. I have not completely switched over to turkey yet, although I cook with it alot. I still like my ground beef.
I have had a pretty good weekend so far.
Ok, Steph, tomorrow is your weigh in day. Send it in.
Chris, What day is your weigh in day?
Wednesday's are mine.
OH, and Annette where are you?
Talk to you all tomorrow.
Amy
Old 11-07-2004, 08:50 PM   #53  

How did you do that ticker thing, Chris?
Old 11-08-2004, 11:52 AM   #54  

Well, today is a pretty good day. I'm down 2 pounds from last week. Woo hoo!! I had a pretty good weekend, stayed on plan for the most part. I did break down and have a eggnog latte YUM!! But i had the lady do half eggnog and half nf milk. still hit the spot! We worked in the yard all day yesterday ripping apart our deck and replacing rotten boards. Normally i would have made it for about an hour, but thanks to all the exercising i;'ve been doing, i made it all afternoon. After dinner we went on a walk, even went 3blocks further than usual. YAY!
Anyways, welcome Chris! Amy's right, the more the merrier! Soudns like your on the right track. I can totally relate to the snacking habbit. I'm in the same boat. I still snack, but i've gotten rid of all of the bad stuff in the house and i always have a veggies and lf dip and plenty of fruit oh hand! Makes it a little easier to pass up the unhealthy things when you have a to cook/make something or go to the store.
Hope you both have a great day!!!
Steph
Old 11-08-2004, 04:31 PM   #55  

Talking

Hi all! I hope you don't mind one more. You seem like a friendly crowd and very supportive, which is really what I need. I am not at my heaviest weight, but not far from it.

My name is Beth and I am 35 years old. I am around 5'2" and weigh about 250lbs. Very unhealthy, although all of my stats seem pretty good except for my weight. I am a teacher here in Central Florida. I have 4 children, 2 step and 2 biological, and their ages are 12,11,6, and 15 months ( on the 12th). All are boys except the last one. She is such a joy!!! (Ask me in 10 years and I may differ my opinion )

Anyway, I have tried several different things in my lifetime and have yo-yoed always. I even did Phen-Fen and lost 80 pounds, tried Redux....nothing but chest pains ...then became pregnant and gained lik 62 pounds, and only lost 30. I ballooned up and then went on Paxil and lost 20 pounds but then became pregnant with my Daughter....big Surprise ....but only gained like 22 pounds with her. Then I did South Beach and lost 22 pounds over the course of Feb '04 to May'04. Unfortunately I have gained about 10-12 pounds of that back and haven't had the energy to lose it again. I thought about trying Cortislim or Cortidiet....as I am extremely stressed But I don't know that they would be worth the time and money.

So I guess what I am asking is if anyone has any suggestions on getting started and any encouraging words. As I said my life is really stressed, as I have the 4 kids, a husband and I teach an Emotionally Handicapped/ Behavior problem class. So it seems to be non stop from the time I get up til the time I go to bed, between sports, scouts, youth group, work, etc...oh and I sell Mary Kay on top of it.....I guess I am just certifiably crazy!!!

Look forward to hearing from you
Beth Ann
bseck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:24 PM   #56  

Congrats, Steph, Good for you!!
See we can all do this together.
I have come down with a massive cold, so I am not going to exercise today, but I have stuck to eating good today. It probably helps because I am not feeling so well.
Beth Ann, Welcome, My suggestions are watch what you eat and try to get some type of exercise in, I know that is not always easy. Especially because you have 4 kids and work full time. I praise you for that. I don't think I could do it. I am blessed to be a housewife and have some time when the baby goes down for a nap, I exercise.
What about trying to get the family involved, like going for a walk at nights or something. Or going to the park and letting the kids play while you just walk around the playground for like a 1/2 hr. or something. I have always been told my my Dr. no pills, but everyone reacts to them different, they get my heart racing and I hate how I feel. My Dr. had suggested Weight Watchers.
But I am doing great at home just watching my intake and exercising.
Steph, you are about doing the same thing too, right?
We are here for you if you need anything.
Talk to you all later.
Amy
Old 11-09-2004, 04:04 PM   #57  

Default Thank you :)

Hi all and thank you for the kind welcome

Sorry it took me so long to respond, I've been so busy the past few days I haven't gotten much done!

Amy, my weigh in day is the day that I weigh lightest during the week.... LOL Ok, I've tried to make weigh in days but I am horrible at remembering so.. from now on, my weigh in days will be Friday! I posted it so now I gotta keep up with it

As for the tickers.. I saw them on so many people's posts on these forums I got jealous and went to get my own! LOL Here's the link

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticke...r_designer.php

Sorry to hear you caught a bad cold They're the worst when you're trying to keep up with an exersize routine.. exersizing is the last thing we wanna do when we're sick.. heck when we're not sick too

Beth Ann hi there! Nice to see a fellow newbie I agree though, watching your portions, cooking healthier and exersizing is the way to go. If you rely on pills you'll probably have to rely on one form of pill or another forever. If you rely on yourself through cooking and exersize you'll save money and you wont be putting junk into your body. You'll also learn to eat properly and adjust your portions to what's right for you when you're exersizing etc. Unfortunately there's just no quick/easy fix.. it didn't come on quickly it's not gonna go away quickly.. at least, not if you do it the healthy way. If you lose it too quickly you'll probably just give up and go back to old bad habits because you've gone on a diet instead of a lifestyle change and you'll always be hungry, craving and miserable. okie.. like I said I babble too much, I'll shaddup

Steph grats on your 2lbs loss!!
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 04:28 PM   #58  

Congraulations to all of you who have lost weight. Pat yourselves on the backs ladies, you've definitely earned it. If its support, motivation, or just to talk, I'd strongly suggest anyone who needs that little extra "push," to give me a shoot.

PERSISTENCE, PATIENCE, AND A POSITIVE ATTITUDE!

Ann
[email protected]
stayingfitatanyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 06:39 PM   #59  

Thanks Amy & Chris!!! I appreciate the cheering section!!
i like this ticker thing! Thanks for the link! Yay, we all have weigh in days! a day to dread

Hi Beth, glad your joining us! AND I THOUGHT I WAS BUSY!!! You take the crown! Do you ever get any sleep in? I've been told the same as Amy from my doc, BIG TIME NO to the pills. Apparently, you mainly lose water weight and muscle mass instead of actual fat with just pills alone. As hard as it is, diet and exercise are the failsafes... just take a lot longer than what we all would like!!
OOH!! i just remembered a abook i've been meaning to get. I've heard great things about it. 8 minutes in the morning. There's a version for <30 or >30 pounds to lose. It gives you simple exercises that you do as soon as you role out of bed for 8 minutes and it boosts your metabolism throughout the day. It also gives pointers on how to eat correctly and not give anything up. It would be a start on exercise to fit into your busy schedule!

Sorry your not feeling good Amy! Green tea always helps me get better faster, plus its yummy! Take it easy today and get extra water!!
Welcome Ann! Hopefully you'll stick with us too!!

Oh and by the way Chris i like reading your posts! You don't ramble at all!

Til Tomorrow
Steph

[url]http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;53;102;0;1/c/243/t/185/s/271/k/9634/weight.png
Old 11-09-2004, 08:03 PM   #60  

Hi everyone...think there is some more room for me too squeeze in?

I'm looking to lose about 50 lbs...currently 228. Need a support group to communicate with and hopefully be able to help others as well.

Krista
kristaf is offline   Reply With Quote