Old 12-08-2004, 11:06 PM   #76  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

Raff, feel better.

Nichola, I've had a little wake up call of my own. It hasn't bee one thing but like you - I hate the way clothes fit on me, I hate when I catch site of myself and there's this extra chin, seeing myself in pictures is distressing, and I'm just a big floppy mess. And it's just sort of clicked with me - all the things that are making me miserable are totally under my control. Totally. I'm blessed beyond anything I could ever deserve and totally greatful but I'm letting things that are TOTALLY WITHIN MY CONTROL make me miserable. That sounds kind of dire but ya know it was like this big lightbulb - all these things we are letting get us down are things we can change. I'm sick of ugly clothes, double chins, and horrible pictures. Well no one can fix that but me and there is nothing be ME standing in my way. I don't think I ever quite "got it" before. I get it.

Do you get it? I knew ya would.

B
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:31 AM   #77  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Raff, I get it!! I too am sick of ugly clothes, double chins, huge saggy bellies, rub-together thighs, wobbly upper arms, having to wear big granny knickers instead of sexy undies (because I look gross!), trying to dive under the duvet at bedtime before hubby gets a glimpse of all the wobbly bits, always trying to avoid the camera as every photograph I see of myself I HATE!, feeling inferior when I'm out with skinny friends, feeling jealous and paranoid ... And all these things have been brought about by one thing, and one thing only ... ME and the fact that I am overweight!! And you're quite right, all these things that make us miserable are totally under our control. If we're serious about losing weight and getting our lives back, there really is nothing stopping us

Nichola
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:44 AM   #78  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Hey Chickies! I went to the Dr. yesterday for some cough medicine and had to get on the scale. Because evidently my weight is related to my coughing. Well it's official I gained back all of the 20lbs I lost before I got bored with the South Beach diet. I want to start following the foodplan again but this time I'm going to start with Phase 2.

So I'm back to 320lbs. Good God! What a huge number. I'm double the weight I should be. An ideal weight for me is 160. Times 2 is.....yep, 320. And who says I'm bad at math? So I'm starting over again, but I don't feel so bad this time because I'm not going to kick myself. Guilt is not a good motivational tool. I evidently have a pattern when it comes to food, so I just have to keep trying until I finally get it right or get tired of gaining it back.

I would like to lose some lbs before March because I'm going to FRANCE (I'm so excited!) and I'm sure the French are going to love my fat ***.

So how is everyone else doing?
RaffaellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:56 AM   #79  
A woman of ACTION

Hey Everyone! Just a quick check in. This time of year is the absolute poopiest time to try and get healthy, but I'm bound and determined. (Bound by my T-I-G-H-T jeans. Ugh. )

Nichola...I think you have every right to be upset. In my opinion (which you haven't solicited...sorry) I'd tell Nick point blank what you're worried about. Tell him you feel left out and that you need to know that he still loves you. Even if you can't do the actual race, is there anyway you could be part of the training? It'd make you feel better both emotionally and physically!

I am in the "Fat Cow" phase of my thinking this week. Lots of self-beratement, lots of self-loathing and a whole lot of medicating with food. I restart and restart and restart, but you know what, that's the only way that I'll actually get going, is if I start right? SO here I am off again today. So far 1/2 a mandarin orange, so can't complain. Off to get some cereal and then to get out of the house. First major challenge will be this afternoon. Going to make cookies for DS's school concert. Maybe I should just buy a box of oranges instead?

Lorraine
ecchs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 03:21 PM   #80  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Hi girls (ask me how much I hate this friggin "bloat" pop up that keeps getting in my way!!! Screw you Zelnorm, I'll explode first!)

Sorry I've been out of pocket - so much going on and we're about to go out of town for a week. Wish me luck! Send us prayers and vibes on Saturday please - that we have a safe flight and don't spend the whole time stuck in an airport with a sad little pup who has been asked to hold it far too long!

Sounds like we're sort of all in the same backslide-too-far space. I'm up. I'm very sad about it. I'm just not sure how it happend. I don't remember getting wild with the eating or anything. It's just...sad.

I'm planning to start WW after we get back - like actually go to the meetings and stuff. As a system, it works so well - I think the extra accountability may keep me focused.

Plan to see a lot more of me HERE in the new year (and I hope, a lot less of me in a physical sense).

Will try to catch up more before we leave - if not, have a happy holiday of your choosing!

B
Old 12-18-2004, 10:06 PM   #81  

Hi Girls,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while ... haven't been getting any email notifications to say someone had posted

Had another busy, busy week with various "do's" to go to ... a bit of a difficult time to actually "diet" but just trying to maintain until all the festivities are over ... although I am down a pound so can't complain

Finished work on Friday until 4 January ... Yippeee!!! This week I'm going to be busy rushing around trying to get all my Christmas shopping done for the kids pressies ... left it until the last minute as usual!! Only just managed to get the Christmas cards in the post to the UK so they probably won't arrive in time!! Done all my present shopping online this year for everyone back home ... too late to buy gifts in HK and get them posted to the UK!! ... Next year I WILL be more organised ... but I say that every year!

Lorraine, it's good to know that others understand how I feel and don't just think I'm being silly. Unfortunately, I can't take part in the training because I'm simply not fit enough ... They've all gone off this morning for a 20K hike on a hilly trail ... I can barely manage to walk the dog for half an hour without puffing and panting!! I can't imagine that I'll ever be able to join in because I'm just too far behind as far as my fitness level is concerned. Nick is very serious about his walking, and I would just be holding him back as I can only manage to go at a snails pace! Perhaps when the charity walk is over and he's not doing serious training, I'll make an effort to go out walking with him at weekends and try to build up my fitness ... something I should have done a long time ago, then I wouldn't be in the situation that I'm in right now He knows exactly how I feel, but he was going to do the walk anyway as a single entrant, even before the others decided to join him as a team ... The silly thing is, that when he was planning to do it alone, I hadn't got a problem with it ... it's only because the others are now taking part that I feel left out He also said that he thought I wasn't interested in any of the activities that he's interested in ... like hiking and tennis ... but it's simply a case of not being ABLE to do it rather than not WANTING to do it.

Let's all make a pact to make 2005 the best year ever ... the year that we all succeed.

My NY resolutions for 2005 ......

To make a real effort to get fit (so that I can spend more time with my hubby doing the things that he thinks I'm not interested in!)

To finally reach my goal weight after many years of not being serious about it!!

And last but not least ... to be more organised!!

What about everyone else????

Nichola
Old 12-19-2004, 04:32 PM   #82  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Heh, Fat in Hong Kong. I just saw your handle and wish I'd seen it earlier. I just got back from Hong Kong. Wish I'd gotten in touch with you and maybe we could have met up. I really like it there. But I know that living in a place is totally different. How long have you been there?

I usually post on the Rears in Gear and the Battle of the Bulge threads these days. Gotta run now but just wanted to say Hi! and I'll check out this thread later. I'm up here in Tokyo, originally from U.S. I was in H.K. for work, may be there again in April, horse racing related. Well, hope to chat later.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 09:11 PM   #83  

Hi redballoon ... nice to meet you

I've been living in HK for 3.5 years and really enjoy it ... although our lifestyle has played havoc with my waistline!! I've been getting fatter as each year goes by, and I know that I've got to put a stop to it one way or another as it's now getting totally out of hand! ... 2005 is going to be the year that I finally get to my goal!!

We really enjoy the horse racing ... we hired a box a couple of weeks ago for my hubby's company's Chirstmas "do" ... had a fantastic day ... but didn't win a single cent!! ... Perhaps next time I'll study the form instead of picking the horses names that I fancied!!

Where in the US are you from and how long have you been living in Tokyo? ... What's it like living there? Feel free to get in touch next time you're in HK and perhaps we can meet up .....

Nice "talking" to you

Nichola
Old 12-20-2004, 06:08 AM   #84  
Never give up

Smile

Hi Nichola (much better than Fat in Hong Kong!!),

Thanks for writing. I've been in Tokyo 22 years! Am originally from Pittsburgh, Pa. I sure would love to meet up next time I'm in Hong Kong. I've been able twice now to get a package deal with the Hong Kong Jockey Club as part of the press and it's a great deal! I never bet. That's a sure way to lose money!

Were you at Happy Valley or Sha Tin. I got to go to both this time. Happy Valley at night is really pretty.

Well, just wanted to say Hi. I've got a lot of work still to get done and I'm so tired. A rough day at work but I'm trying to be good and I think I can.

Yes, I can see how Hong Kong would be a dangerous place to live if you love Chinese food, which I don't and I'm a vegetarian, but sweets, my downfall! and cakes and sweets looked (and tasted!) pretty scrumptious there. Good luck with your weight loss. I'll try to read through this thread and may join up (if you'll have me!) but I'm kept pretty busy on the other two. Why don't you join us over there when it gets lonely here, if it ever does.

Okay, will see you again. And everyone on this post, a big hello and I hope to "see" you soon again!
Old 12-20-2004, 08:40 PM   #85  

OK, where is everyone?? I guess you're all busy preparing for the big day, huh? I was out pressie shopping yesterday for hours and hours ... and still haven't been able to get everything I need So guess what I'll be doing again today (and probably tomorrow!)?!! My feet are killing me!!

Redballoon, we were at Happy Valley, but we have also been to Shatin ... although we're not serious gamblers ... just now and again for fun ... and a great day out with a group of friends!

22 years in Tokyo eh? ... You must like it there! Yep, the temptations of food in Hong Kong are a big problem ... but not just Chinese food ... you could eat out at a different restaurant every night for a year and not eat the same food twice ... so if I didn't like Chinese food, I would still have a problem!! ... I need more self control!!

I've been posting on this thread for ... OMG ... about 3 years now!! They're a great bunch of girls ... we've got to know each other quite well and have a lot of laughs as well as ups and downs, but the good thing is that we're always here for each other when the going gets tough. We welcome any newcomers, so if you feel like dropping in anytime for a chat, feel free

Nichola
Old 12-21-2004, 12:00 AM   #86  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Hi All! I'm here. Just through. Still fighting this cough. I've lost a 1lb. Which doesn't seem a lot until I look at a lb of butter.

My Resolutions for 2005 are:

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Take care,
        Raff
        RaffaellaBella is offline   Reply With Quote
        Old 12-21-2004, 01:42 AM   #87  
        Never give up

Thanks Nichola, I've got to run and no time to post now, but I'll be coming back to check in later this week. Wishing you all the best on your weight loss endeavors!!
        Old 12-23-2004, 08:16 PM   #88  

Hi All!

Just wanted to wish you all a 'Very Merry Chirstmas' Things are a little crazy around here right now .... so much to do and so little time to do it!!

Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow whatever you're doing! and I'll catch up with you in a few days time.

Love to you all!

Nichola
        Old 12-24-2004, 07:01 AM   #89  
        Never give up

Nichola, thanks for the wishes. Wishing you a great day too!

:sman: :merry: :sman:
        Old 12-26-2004, 08:16 PM   #90  
        Bad Mamma Jamma

Hi All!

Back from family holiday. Will post more when I have recovered from all this er...comfort and joy. It may take a few days, but I'll promise to get in here and catch up before NYE!

Happy (belated) Holidays!

B